Birdies group
Shoppinggal

Mecosta, MI

#11132 Jul 26, 2013
BELLA....I didn't get a moissanite ring, it was a Morganite ring ACJ106. I should be getting it the first of next week.

COPYTHAT....Hubby had his test today and the test went well. We were at the hospital for almost 6 hours. It was a long, drawn out day. We go to the doctor on Aug. 8 for the results and to find out what can be done for him. Both of us are dead tired as neither of us slept more than a couple hours Thurs night.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11133 Jul 27, 2013
Shoppinggal, so relieved to hear the test is over and that it went well, now on to Aug 8 for the results, I know that your both are anxiously waiting for that day to get here!!

Mrs Poe, thanks for all the good thoughts, they are greatly appreciated!!! How did it go with the auction last night, did you win??

Thanks to everyone for your prayers, will let you know when and what the results are when we get them.
Shoppinggal

Chesaning, MI

#11134 Jul 27, 2013
COPYTHAT.....Thanks for the well wishes. I will keep you and your hubby in my prayers as well. The best of luck on his test results.

MRSPOE.....I'm anxious to hear too. How did the auction on eBay go? I have gotten some of the best deals there ever. I love shopping there. MRSDOLITTLE got me hooked....lol

Location hidden

#11135 Jul 27, 2013
Copythat and ShoppingGal, Good luck and prayers for your husbands with their tests and treatments! I hope all goes well. So Aug. 8 for Shopping Gal's hubby and for Copythat anytime ?

I haven't been on here for the longest time. You all know that I lost a 14KT gold Michael Anthony watch in the Ohio airport. I wasn't too shocked as that watch had a nasty habit of coming unclasped. I noticed it was gone right after going through security. Never found it despite reports to the hotel, car rental and airport. However I found one just like it on Ebay and bought it for $399. Still I wish I hadn't lost it!

My dad is doing some odd behavior and I don't know what to do. He's had a crush on a worker at his assisted living. She left for another job. Now he is depressed and down. He decided to "hold hands" with a worker who had taken a group of them to a concert. I told him not to do that and he just asks why not? And he says he needs companionship. Almost 91. He is realizing how alone he is. I hate it and don't know what to do for him. Does anyone have suggestions?

We had a huge windstorm here on Tuesday night! 91 mph winds. It blew limbs off of a trees out back and lifted panes of glass out of our patio table. One broke and I find it can not be replaced! Anyway, there was damage all over our area.

I love Ebay... Good deals to be had. I'm so glad to find a replacement watch.

Mrs. Peacock, I love those moissy earrings! Are they heavy? And I love 131-718. So pretty!

Location hidden

#11136 Jul 27, 2013
CopyThat and ShoppingGal,
My thoughts have been with you. I am praying you have good results from your husband 's tests.

Mrs.Poe,
Did you win that auction?:)

Nora,
That is not uncommon behavior. My Mom wanted someone to sit with her all the time. She drove the CNAs crazy ringing her bell all the time. We had to eventually hire a sitter to be with her from Noon through dinner. The staff at the nursing home said the clingy behavior was not unusual. Especial with my Mom's mild dementia.

ShoppingGal,
That is a gorgeous morganite ring. I think you will love it!

I have had a miserable few days. The doctor moved me from pain pills to these patches. But they are crisp to use. They take hours to kick in. And they have been wearing off too soon. One night I was in such agony I called the doctor at 4:30am. And in 15 years of being under him I have never called in the middle if the night.,they upped the dosage and we put the second round of three day patches on today. I hope this works better. Otherwise why bother? If I have to take something for breakthrough pain all the time.
The hole in my leg had healed. But now I have all the bruised me damage from the fall.

Location hidden

#11137 Jul 27, 2013
Should say crap to use.. Not crisp.
Damn spell checking smart phone. ARGH!

Oh... Hubby just went to the Chocolate Store to get some of the apples for a treat!

Location hidden

#11138 Jul 27, 2013
Shopping Gal, I am glad to hear things went OK, and let us know what happens Aug 8. Thoughts and prayers continue.

Copythat, I am glad everything seemed to go well for your hubby, too. Whatever the doctors tell you guys to do, you will have our support and prayers. OH, and the moissanite studs DID have a little yellow in them. It's OK. Makes them look more like diamonds.

Bella, I hate that they put you on patches that don't seem to work well. I hope that you can get something stronger that works better for you. What a nice hubby to get you the apple chocolate goodness :).

Nora, I am sorry to hear your Dad is lonely. I guess we are never too old to need love and companionship. Aren't there any residents he can hang around with?

Location hidden

#11139 Jul 27, 2013
Bella, I am aso happy to hear that the hole in your leg has healed! That is great! Did you ever get the 5 ct. diamond bracelet from JTV?

Nora, Gosh! Winds up to 91 mph is terrible! Just glad that there was not anymore damage than the glass in your patio table.

Shoppinggal and copycat, I am keeping your husbands in my prayer list each and everyday. God works miracles and he does each and everyday :)))

Mrs Poe, Did you win the bid and if so what was the item?

Location hidden

#11140 Jul 27, 2013
It was sure scary! I lay in bed and heard the panes of glass landing on the porch and then looked out back and saw the tree down. We were so lucky! If you look on my facebook page I have a photo of a tree on top of a car. Many many cars were smashed and trees landed on top of homes causing damage. Electricity was off in almost 100,000 homes. We never lost our power.

Thank you for saying Dad's behavior is not uncommon. It is hard to face him becoming like this. He has always been so strong. He sounded very good this afternoon.

Bella! I'm sorry about those patches and the pain you have endured! And you did good to call that doctor in the middle of the night.

Location hidden

#11141 Jul 28, 2013
Mrs.Dolittle,
The bracelet came and it is a steal for the money with the 20% discount. The diamonds are very nice for the money and I do not have many YG bracelets. And it is 14K.:-)

Hubby bought me an early anniversary present and went ahead and gave it to me this week as it has been such a miserable week with the pain. MSJ167Y and it is spectacular! It looks great with some of the rings I inherited from my Mom.:)
Mrs_Poe

Niles, IL

#11142 Jul 28, 2013
ZaZa's.
I won the auction. Everyone bidding just pooped out, and stopped bidding entirely. It was peculiar. Anyway, I got a half carat heart shaped diamond solitaire with about three diamond baguettes on each side. Very classic.$251.00. I promised my husband that I am done bidding for the summer. I am hoping that is long enough to stop the addictive behavior. Can anyone relate? Probably all of us!

Nora,
This might sound off to you, but I directed activities programs in nursing homes for years that I was not teaching. I was aware of some sexually active residents in the home, and some companionship partners. You might talk to your dad's nurses about whether there is a resident who could also use companionship. They might sit them together, etc. I feel bad for your dad. As long as we are alive, we need to be touched and cared for.

Shoppinggal and Copythat,
My continued thoughts for your husbands.

Bella,
Don't feel bad calling your doc. If you called in the middle of the night, it is because you had to. You don't want your body to go into shock from so much stress. Man, you have had a rough time for a long time now. I hope each day there is improvement.

Gonna go shower and start my day....

Location hidden

#11143 Jul 28, 2013
Bella, spectacular bracelet! I love that it is in gold and those moissanites must be blinding :). What a sweetheart you married.

My car has troubles that seemed to all start after my hubby took it on that long trip to MI for the funeral last month. It has something squeaking in the A/C. The service engine light came on, and the code said something about a vacuum problem. Then the turn signal went crazy where it's blinking at a fast rate. He figured out how to fix the turn signal, and has a theory on the vacuum issue---might be the gas cap leaking. The A/C still works, but if that goes down in this heat, I will melt in there.

Now there is something going on with the water company. They billed us for using more water than we have ever used! I know we didn't use it, so it makes me think either they read the meter wrong, the meter is broken or we have a leak somewhere so hidden we can't see it.

It's always something.

Mrs. Poe, what a steal on that ring! I think you have a gift to find hidden treasures on ebay :). So does Shopping Gal and Mrs. Dolittle and Nora. I haven't made the leap yet.

I did find a deal on KTV. I got an email yesterday that had free shipping IF you click through the email link. No code. Anyway, in the same email, there was a link to something called "daily deals." I looked at only the gold items in there, and I found a deal on OBR094 for $175.99 and free shipping. I wanted that ring for a while, but I didn't want to pay full price because it is thin in the gold band. So, it's better than a preowned price right now.

Location hidden

#11144 Jul 29, 2013
Mrs. Peacock,
OBR094 has a beautiful chrome diopside. I think you will live that gem.:)
Has your water bill been creeping up lately? That woul be a sign of a slow leak starting.

Mrs.Poe,
Glad you won that auction! Sounds like a gorgeous ring.

Well another miserable night because enemy this increased dose is wearing off early. Now I have to use the pills for breakthrough pain to make it till my scheduled doctor appointment tomorrow. These patches were supposed to be better and stronger than the stuff I used right after the fall. I guess the patch thing does not work for me.

Location hidden

#11145 Jul 29, 2013
Bella, I hope the doctor gives you something stronger tomorrow. This bill I got for the water was the first time I noticed a big increase. I don't know where a leak could be except under ground. The yard isn't squishy, though.

Location hidden

#11146 Jul 29, 2013
Mrs Peacock, My car was doing that and I found I didn't have the gas cap turned completely tight.
OBR094 is gorgeous!

Bella, I'm thinking and praying for you to have less pain! Where does it hurt and why? It sounds like patches do not work!

Mrs. Poe, I love Ebay. I used to have an account to use Bidnapper. Then you can set it to bid for you at the very last second.

As for Dad, I'll let the staff at Aberdeen take care of him. He can't function in that dept. anymore, if you know what I mean. He had some treatments for prostate cancer which really ended that. Lupron shots. I just do not want him to offend anyone. Holding hands is nice. I hope he can find friends but he is thinking marriage. Marriage is a big responsibility and he can't take care of himself. I think it is fine to have a friend but anything more seems pointless.

We are thinking of taking him to a Bible convention in Minneapolis. We could check his walker. Use a wheel chair in the airports and I could put him in first class, give him his meds, and we could get a handicapped room.

Location hidden

#11147 Jul 29, 2013
Nora, I hope it was just the gas cap. We looked at the gasket inside, and it was cracked/dry rotted. So, we got a new one, and we hope that the check engine light will go out soon.
I hope the OBR ring is a keeper, and that the chrome isn't too dark.

As for your Dad, I hope he doesn't get married, either. It seems like it would be too much commitment for someone his age and declining health. It sounds like it may be difficult traveling with him to MN, but if he wants to go, and you can afford the first class ticket, I guess you can go for it. Travel is stressful at any age, though.

Location hidden

#11148 Jul 30, 2013
Well the doctor put me back in pills and they are working. Just slept 8 hours.:)

Mrs.Peacock,
One of our cars kept over heating. We replaced the thermostat. Still did not fix the problem.,turns out it was a bad radiotor cap. Bad caps can cause all sorts of problems.

Location hidden

#11149 Jul 30, 2013
Bella, that's a good one. A bad radiator cap may be something to check, too. It may have a bad gasket in there. The car is getting older.

Glad to hear the doctor listened to you and put you on the pills again. I know in this day and age they try to be careful about giving pain meds out, but what do they think you are going to do? You're not the demographic of people shopping for docs to get Rx to sell on the street, for God's sake! You are obviously injured and in REAL PAIN. Geez...I hope that you won't have any more issues with pain from now on, and that you get better soon :).

Location hidden

#11150 Jul 30, 2013
Bella, I agree with Mrs. Peacock. You NEED the meds. I'm in trouble becaue the only kind I can take is one that starts with an L. I forget the name. There is no need for you to be in agony.

We looked at flights to MN and the direct flight does not have first class available and even the bulkhead seats are already sold. Dad was very lucid last night and seems OK with not going especially if I don't go. I think it really bothered him that all of us went to Ohio and he was alone here in the assisted living.

I just bought a new Tree Classics Christmas Tree. Tree Classics had a sale and I got an 5 1/2 foot real feel Multi-colored LED tree for $399.99. Reg.$699.99. Our old tree's lights were all burning out last year. I hate spending so much on a tree but it will last longer.

Location hidden

#11151 Jul 30, 2013
Nora, I thought you bought a new Christmas tree when I did a couple years ago. Is that the one you said had bulbs burning out? Was it an incandescent bulb tree back then?

I have one with those old-style lights, but if I had waited a couple years, I could have gotten the LED. Oh well....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 min nanoanomaly 525
The Future of Politics in America 6 min Johnny 182
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min onemale 284,518
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 16 min bad bob 184,706
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 33 min Devil number 666 977,265
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 42 min MUQ2 45,811
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 55 min Rosa_Winkel 97
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr UIDIOTRACEMAWORLD... 88,044
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Devil number 666 665,261
More from around the web