Birdies group

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11111 Jul 21, 2013
Wow! I have been in shopping overload. Today's Special Value on QVC is so gorgeous. I couldn't decide on colors. Did you see? Lit, gazing spheres in 3 sizes to a set. Neat! I can't wait to play with those. I got blue and silver. I have a blue family room and I think the silver will mix well.

I bought ornaments, the Slatkin Gingerbread house, those gazing balls, temptations for gifts.... I did NOT order the apples. Had to cut something out of the mix.

I barely got to watch ShopNBC. It wasn't working on my TV, but QVC was. I tried to watch ShopNBC on my computer a little, but it was hard to pull myself away from the Christmas.

Mrs. Dolittle, I did get some drusy quartz jewelry and a sapphire pendant from ShopNBC.

Location hidden

#11112 Jul 22, 2013
We have a chocolate store here where we can get chocolate covered apples of all kinds. They are to die for. We used to have to get Mrs. Prindabes apples. The chocolate store here makes em bigger and better and fresh every day! They are my favorite chocolate treat.

I liked the santa figures and the the Rudolph ones. Very cute. Ivan listening tommy Christmas movies. Too much pain to sleep.
Shoppinggal

Mecosta, MI

#11113 Jul 22, 2013
BELLA....How are you doing? Is your poor body showing any kind of improvement?

I just got CEM001 in the mail today and it is a really gorgeous ring. I love it! BELLA don't you have one? I think you told me you did.

We go to the hospital this coming Friday for hubby's myleogram. This will tell the doctor what he needs to do for his back and neck. We go to the doctor on Aug. 8 to get the results. I'm already beginning to get nervous about the whole thing.

Location hidden

#11114 Jul 22, 2013
Mrs P., What was the item number of the sapphire pendat you got at shopnbc?

Bella, I sure hope you feel better today and are improving. Let us all know how yiou are doing as you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Shoppingal, Keep us updated as to what you find ut friday about hubby.

Location hidden

#11115 Jul 22, 2013
Well ladies, I have another prayer request for you, hubby had to go for a sonogram Fri for a pain in the abdomen (turned out to be nothing) but doing the sonogram they found an abdominal aortic aneurysm. We are waiting for the Dr's office to call he has to have a CT, then to a Cardiac Vascular Surgeon to see which course of treatment he will need, so remember us in your prayers!!
Will let you know more when I know more.

Location hidden

#11117 Jul 22, 2013
Copythat, I am so sorry to hear that about your husband. It's actually a blessing that he was having pains and they found it. It can be very deadly with no pre-warning at all. I will pray for you both.

Mrs. Dolittle, the sapphire pendant was the really big one with the princess cuts in the middle -- 131-718.

Bella, I bet those apples are really good from your local place. I spent too much on other decorations to add on the apples too at QVC. I also drooled over the prime rib and hams again. I hope your leg is doing better and you are starting to have less pain. You're in my prayers, too.

Shopping Gal, I hope your hubby's test goes well and the doctors finally have a course of action to take to get him some relief. Prayers for you both.

My package from KTV has gone MIA again. This is the second time in a row that I had a signature package not show up here, but the tracking info says they "attempted" delivery. Bullxxxx! I was here all day waiting on it Sat and again today. The tracking info wasn't updated until now. It now says that "notice left", but there is not even one of those orange cards in the mailbox! Makes me so mad. I wish KTV would NOT USE the POST OFFICE to deliver.

Location hidden

#11118 Jul 22, 2013
Mrs P., What a gorgeous sapphire pendant :))) How much did you have to give for it during the Vegas event?

What item do you have coming from JTV that you need to sign for?

Copycat, I was getting ready to say the very same thing Mrs. P. did about it being a blessing in disguise. The Lord looks after us in mysterious ways and that was his way of getting your hubby to go to the doctor and discover this. I am keeping you both in my prayers. Keep us posted :)))
Shoppinggal

Mecosta, MI

#11119 Jul 22, 2013
COPYTHAT....Your husband was one lucky man they found that before something happened. He has a good guardian angel. I will keep you both in my prayers.

MRSPEACOCK....Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I just hope whatever they find that they can fix and give the poor man some quality of life besides sitting in a recliner all day.

Location hidden

#11120 Jul 23, 2013
Mrs. Dolittle, that pendant was 51% off. I think it was $157 plus shipping for nearly 4.5 carats of sapphires.

The item I had to sign for from KTV was a pair of HUGE moissanite studs. MSF750. They just came and they are a WOW WOW WOW!!! I feel like those athletes and singers these days with those huge rocks in their ears, LOL! I don't care. Probably a lot of people would say they are too big, but I have wanted a big pair of studs for a while. I LOVE the sparkle these babies put out.

Shopping Gal, I sure hope your hubby gets some relief soon.

Copythat, thinking of you and your hubby, too.

Bella, how are the legs and your poor face doing today? I hope the swelling is at least going down some. I hope the pain meds help you sleep and heal.

Ladies, the Christmas in July pricing is still going on at QVC if you are interested. A lot of items I bought are advance orders, so I don't have to pay till they actually ship. They started a new policy at QVC, I guess, about candles. They are not shipping any until Sept to prevent melting in the heat. Same for chocolate and a lot of their desserts. That's OK. My credit card could use a little breather after all the shopping lately :).

Location hidden

#11121 Jul 23, 2013
Shopping gal, I pray that they find something that will help your husband, will keep him and you in my prayers.

We go Thur AM for hubby's CT scan, I am praying for good results, I believe that there will be!!
Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers, they are APPRECIATED!!!

Mrspeacock, glad your earring were all that you thought they would be!!

Bella, how are you doing, are you still really sore and how are your legs?
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#11122 Jul 23, 2013
Copythat and Shopping Gal,
Good luck with your husbands. Man, you cannot take a moment for granted in this life of ours. I will be thinking of you.

Mrs. Peacock,
So what do you do now about getting your package? That is the one pain in the butt when you shop TV or EBay. Things do occasionaly get misplaced, delivered wrong or not at all, etc. Keep us posted.

ZaZa's,
I have always wanted to try Mrs. Prindibles apples, but they sell too many in one order. I have never seen them here in Chicago, and I love taffy apples. And I need a Chanukah in July sale!

Gonna go relax. Gotta chill out....
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#11123 Jul 24, 2013
Were King Georges good people? Now that the baby is George, I am sure Dave Letterman will find ways to poke fun...

Location hidden

#11124 Jul 24, 2013
Mrs. Poe, those moissanite earrings were what I was waiting for. I scheduled a "redelivery" for today, but the guy brought it yesterday. They can't follow their own procedures at the post office. They were supposed to deliver it last Sat., but the person didn't even stop the truck or leave a notice that they "missed me." I was HERE WAITING all day Sat, so that burns me up.

Christmas or Chanukah, I bet those apples are GOOOOOD!

Copythat, didn't you order a moissanite ring lately? Did it come?

Location hidden

#11125 Jul 24, 2013
Mrs P., JTV has an extra 10% off clearance and also preowns today if you are interested. Shoppinggal telling me about the good buy she got on preowns today, a nice morganite ring.

I was thinking copycat got a moissanite pendant????

Location hidden

#11126 Jul 25, 2013
CopyThat,
I hope your husband can receive quick treatment. So glad the problem was found and can be fixed now. How did the CAT scan go? Your and ShoppingGal's husbands are in my thoughts and prayers.

Mrs.Peacock,
Did you get your Moissy studs?

Mrs.Poe,
I think the baby was named after his great grandfather... The King during WW2 and the one depicted in The King's Speech.

ShoppingGal,
Which Moissy ring did you get?:-)

Location hidden

#11127 Jul 25, 2013
Bella, I did get the earrings, and they are HUGE. I love that, though. Finally some big sparklers that I could never afford in diamonds.

Copythat, how did your hubby's scan go today?

Location hidden

#11128 Jul 25, 2013
Mrs.Peacock,
I am glad those studs are such huge sparklers! I bet you look stunning in them.:)

Location hidden

#11129 Jul 26, 2013
Thanks, Bella. I tried them on, but I think I will have to wait for Santa to bring them to me before I get to wear them for real. Santa shopped early this year :). My sister will probably faint when she sees them because she will think they are diamonds, LOL! Anytime I get some diamond piece, she needles her husband and wants him to get her something like it (or better).

Copythat, I hope you can post soon to give us an update on your hubby's test and plan for surgery. We are thinking of you and praying.

Location hidden

#11130 Jul 26, 2013
Hi everyone. CT went well, he didn't have to drink the yucky stuff, which was what he was dreading, we are waiting for the results hopefully we will hear Monday. His Dr has already given him the name of the Cardiac Vascular Surgeon, if one is needed, I am praying that it will not be necessary I'm believing God for a miracle!

Has anyone heard from Shoppinggal, I think her husbands test was today.

Yes, I got the LARGE solitare moissanite, the stone has a little more yellow in it than my other "Fire" pieces but it is still beautiful!

Mrspeacock, you are more patience than I am, I don't think I could wait until Christmas to get those beauties!!!
Do the stones in your earrings have the yellow in them??
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#11131 Jul 26, 2013
Copythat,
Best of luck with your husband's results. Let us know on Monday what you hear. I will be thinking of you. Just ever a dull moment.

Bella did you just love the King's Speech? What a fabulous movie. More importantly, are you still hurting?

I am almost finished with an EBay auction. Over in half an hour. Winning so far, but probably will not win. Not willing to go much higher....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Aura Mytha 878,958
Are truck drivers faithful?? (Sep '08) 6 min VictorDaRoadKing 172
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Mychihuahuawillbite 603,344
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 36 min janeebee 8,054
More and more people keeping their autos past 200k 1 hr Doctor REALITY 3
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Insults Are Easier 272,880
For the most part, I AGREE with Donald Trump on... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr ChristINSANITY is... 3,846
More from around the web