Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11071 Jul 12, 2013
Wow Bella, what a freaky thing to have happen, hope no one was sitting where the tarp didn't hold, that would be more than you bargained for, a shower with your meal.

Glad Nora made it, I too wonder which bling she carried, bet she carried some moissanite.

Mrspeacock, hope they don't have any problems getting your blood, I have such small veins (at least something about me is small,lol) it's worse than getting teeth pulled to get a good vein on me.

Location hidden

#11072 Jul 12, 2013
Ladies, what do you all think of that jool tool on TBV? I find it fascinating all the things it can do. I was up past midnight last night, so I caught the presentation. The pearl vise is so neat. I have pearls that I would like to drill to make pendants and earrings. Polishing rough, drilling holes in stones to make pendants? So neat. If there was a good coupon, I may have bought one to play. Polishing all the jewelry alone would make it useful, but drilling stones and sharpening tools, etc. would make it really handy for lots of things.

Location hidden

#11073 Jul 12, 2013
CopyThat,
It was late and only us and one other couple was there. They had to move the other couple as they were beside a leaky area. By the time we left we had to leave via the take out door as the front door and front sides were gushing water out of the ceiling.

Mrs.Peacock,
I missed the tool kit presentation. I have managed to see the Tanzanite lady and the Gem A course guy.

Location hidden

#11074 Jul 12, 2013
Bella, I didn't see either the Gem A guy or tanzanite lady. I would have liked to hear about the Gem A courses. Oh well....

That sounds scary at the restaurant. It's a good thing they had a back door to get people a place to leave.

Copythat, lucky for me, the test they do most often on me is just a finger stick. When they do have to get it from my arm, it's a LOT harder.

Sent you all an email a while ago. If you didn't get it, let me know.

Location hidden

#11075 Jul 12, 2013
Got it Mrspeacock, Thanks.

I haven't seen any of the "guest" but I really don't watch a lot of KTV, mostly the internet.
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#11076 Jul 12, 2013
Hi ZaZa's
Catching up on posts again.

Mrs. Peacock,
Also happy your doc appt went good. it's not fun getting older. The bod changes so much. I hardly recognize myself in a mirror with my joweliness...I guess we should just all be in good health, number 1.

Bella,
I once had a ceiling tile at school fall right onto my head, but it was made of some very lightweight material,and I was fine. I am glad you are ok. You never know what shi_ is going to happen! I imagine you are watching the Tour. Kind of bittersweet with what happened to Lance. How bout the bus blocking the bikes? When the bus backed up, it was like, "duh,"....why didn't they think of that sooner...

Copythat,
I can't stand all the junk on all the shopping channels. Junk jewelry has no appeal. Bronze with gold over it, etc.,....I like gold. Period. I check JTV on the internet every day, and then can just look at the good stuff...

Hi ZaZa's all....nothing else up. I usually am out with my girlfriend for dinner on Friday nites, but since her brother took his life, we have not been out on Friday nites. It is not the same without him. So we have been out for lunch...somehow, it is less hurtful.....

Location hidden

#11077 Jul 12, 2013
Mrs.Peacock,
Thanks for the coupon.:-) I wish JTV had published a list of which shows the speakers try had come in for Gem Days. I would live to go to that. I would have picked the Tanzanite and Charke's classes to go to. It would be neat to see JTV and meet some if the hosts too. Sadly my current health issues have even had me cancel my Dragoncon plans this year.:(

CopyThat,
I watch JTV when they have True Brilliance and Color and Karat and when a favorite host is on. They have been having some host pairings that are new and they are fun to watch.:)

Mrs. Poe,
I am still angry that they railroaded Lance. They intimidated his friends to testify and changed rules to get at him. They arbitrarily just changed the statute of limitations. I detest that nut that is head of USADA. They pretty much all doped back then. It was a different era.
I am enjoying this Tour. LOL!!! On the bus. Yea, a real "Well, Duh" moment. Did you see today's stage? Wildest stage I have ever seen! I do not like either Froome or Contador. So if Andy or Tee Jay Cannot do well I hope either one of the Dutch riders or that new Columbian climbing sensation win. They still have 18 mountains to climb and they include Mount Ventou and they climb L'Alp Duez twice in one stage!
I hope your friend's grief can lessen and the good times with her brother will be his legacy to her.

Location hidden

#11078 Jul 13, 2013
Bella, I would have loved to get to this gem conference, too. I would love to see KTV in person to learn, explore and shop! We all have to try to get there someday together :).

Mrs. Poe, I am glad to hear from you :). How is your summer break going? I am sure you and your friends feel a little weird after that man's suicide, but try to focus on the good stuff and keep meeting regularly like you have.

Copythat, I don't watch nearly as much KTV as I did when they had decent coupons. Now, it's mostly a color and karat or diamond show thing for me.

It's getting HOT now that it stopped raining. 90's and humid all week starting tomorrow.

I am so looking forward to next Thurs night thru Sat for the Vegas Rocks show on ShopNBC. Lots of new designs from all the ShopNBC people like Michael V and Chuck. Chuck has his Zircon tennis necklace, and Michael has a 30ct Swiss Blue topaz ensemble. Whoo Hoo!

Location hidden

#11079 Jul 13, 2013
Girls, Sent you all an email wiht pictures of shoppinggal's new platinum and diamond ring she got at Ebay. This is the motherload of all rings I have ever seen, just dazzling!

Location hidden

#11080 Jul 13, 2013
Mrsdolittle...got it, WOW!!!!! Forget KTV, I'm going to ebay!!!

Location hidden

#11081 Jul 13, 2013
Mrs. Dolittle, thanks for the email and pics from Shopping Gal. That is amazing!

Location hidden

#11082 Jul 13, 2013
Anyone else having trouble getting onto KTV's website? It won't load for me.

Location hidden

#11083 Jul 13, 2013
Mrs.P, I did not have any trouble just now getting into the JTV site.

Copycat, If yiou decide to buy anything on Ebay be sure and register as each of your purchases gives you 2% cash back paid out each quarter. Once in a while you will get special promotions from Ebay that give you 4% cash back.

I just bought a 14K solid white gold wristband with diamonds on Ebay to go with my 14K gold watch I also bought on Ebay. I am replacing the band on the watch. I LOVE Ebay :))))

Location hidden

#11084 Jul 13, 2013
Mrsdolittle, thanks good information to know.
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#11085 Jul 14, 2013
Mrs. Peacock,
Thanks for saying hi. My summer is fabulous, and yet I have done nothing special. Just sleeping in the morning is worth the whole vacation. About a month to go, and then back to slow burn out. Three moe years. My friends and I have been meeting, but not yet on Friday nites, because it is not the same without my poor friend who died. No one can face the nite without him. We are now going out in the afternoon. Hopefully Friday nite again when everyone goes back to work in the fall.
Mrs. Dolittle,
The wristband fits the watch? That sounds gorgeous. So much fun. I absolutely have to stop EBay for a few months at least. I am really bad. Worse than I was by far on KTV. But in a few years I will be much more on a fixed income, so I am happy I bought now. I adore my stuff. Better than looking at my fat bod in clothes....

Location hidden

#11086 Jul 14, 2013
Mrs. Poe, you enjoy your time off however you want. I bet you need a rest for your mind and body after teaching for all those months.

It seems like KTV brought out a lot of new diamonds for this one-day event. I wonder why they waited until now? In April, during diamond month, it didn't seem like they really went all out like today.

If they had a coupon worth more than $15, I may have bought something. Last night, Nikki had a beautiful diamond bracelet that was all baguettes. I had it in my cart, but I couldn't check out with only saving basically $8 on it. The other $7 would be eaten away for shipping. So, it sold out to other people because I wanted to save some $$$.

Location hidden

#11087 Jul 15, 2013
Mrs Poe, Yes, I found a gorgeous 14K white gold and diamond watchband that will work with my watch perfectly. All I have to do is have the jeweler attach it to the watch. Trying to find a vintage real gold and diamond watchband is as hard as trying to win the lottery,lol! They are few and very far between. I jumped on this the minute I saw it as it was a "buy me now" and not an auction. The guy had just isted it on ebay not more than 10 minutes before I saw it, talk about the right timing!

Girls, My latest purchases other than the watch band has been two darling maxi dresses. I got two bolero cardigans to wear with each one. I am 5'8 1/2" inches tall so they should come to just right above my ankles. Have any of you all tried the maxi dresses yet?

Location hidden

#11088 Jul 15, 2013
Mrs. Peacock, What was the item number on the diamond bracelet that Nikki had last night? I LOVE,LOVE, LOVE anything with baguettes diamonds :))))
Have you been doing any jewelry shopping lately?

Location hidden

#11089 Jul 15, 2013
Mrs. Dolittle, the item number for the bracelet is DOCE43W or Y. There were only 4 of each, and they sold fast.

I have been sending a lot back lately. I bought a pair of earrings from Chuck, and they would not go through my ear. In over 30 years of wearing earrings, that has NEVER happened. I really tried hard to get them through on 2 separate occasions. It was painful because I was really trying to get them in. Anyway, they are defective in design for sure, so I sent them back. I used the smart label because I figured they wouldn't charge me for it since it's defective. Well, they don't see the defect, so they are trying to charge me for the label. You can't really "see" the defect. You have to try to wear them. I saw similar reviews on ShopNBC stating the same problem from many people, so they must know there is an issue. I am fighting to get my label fee back.

I am waiting to buy something from the Vegas shows this weekend. Can't wait to see Michael's huge swiss topaz.

Location hidden

#11090 Jul 15, 2013
Nora, did you get home OK? I hope you did, and that you will post about it or email us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min It aint necessari... 775,286
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min hojo 559,500
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min who 265,147
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 52 min Mandela 119,654
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr royal kannadiga 1,269
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr truth 605,006
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 2 hr Jolly 23,970
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr Lost In Transition 175,630
More from around the web