Morton Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Nora,
Thank you. I certainly hope that he is now in God's hands. I pray that he is, and has found peace.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

And God loves us!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Hi ladies! I hope all is well with you. All is well here. I'm getting GCA042 today. It is an Ethiopian opal & spessartite ring in gold. I'm in a buying mood so I better be careful!!

Have you all seen the cute sea turtle in chrome diopside? jbh054 I might have to buy it.

I've been doing spring cleaning. Will continue today. Also I hired a man to install a ceiling fan for us. We have a really high ceiling in our bedroom. Hubby had been saying he'd get his son or a friend to help him install it for weeks. So I took matters into my own hands and hired an eletrician. Today it will get installed.

Then next Monday we will begin to get a new driveway. We have had pavers over our clay soil. The driveway has ruts, depressed places where the cars drive in and some bricks are sticking up. We are going for a regular concrete drive, sidewalk and porch.

Then in July I'm going to Ohio for a Bible student convention!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Nora,
That sea turtle is precious. I may buy a couple for Christmas presents for myself and for my girls.

Sounds like you will be busy with the driveway repairs. I hope all goes very smoothly with no hassles. The ceiling fan sounds like a great idea.? My parents had one in their bedroom and loved it.:)

It has been very cloudy and rainy here this week. I am finishing up the second round of the steroids for my leg. So far so good..

Has anyone heard from MrsDolittle lately?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Nora, sounds like you have a lot of good home improvement projects going on. New driveway! I need one of those.

I saw the sea turtle and the hippo pendants. I like the turtle in green, but why do the hippo in green, too? Didn't seem right.

Anyway, I am mad at myself because I missed Charles' shows again. I couldn't record the one at 8PM, but the one at midnight, I could have. I forgot. The TBV sold out. I missed it. I think there are one or two left on the website, but I wanted to see the presentation. Did anyone see the rings? How did they look?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

The 3 carat solitaire TBV was gorgeous. I would have gotten one except I already had the big honker solitaire. It was a great deal too. A more expensive TBV... But it sold like crazy... Jen and Charles always have a great show.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Bella, that Big Honker was the best one CW ever did. He never got one back in that large, I don't believe. Did you see the big canary radiant cut for $1500? I wish I could afford that one.

Chuck is back on ShopNBC for the weekend. He is so joyful and makes me smile.

Hope everyone is having a great FIRST day of SUMMER!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

I took Dad in for his upper GI. All went well except the doctor was an hour 1/2 behind schedule. Oh well. That's the way it goes. The doc stretched his esophagus again. He would like to inject botox into his esophagael sphincter to keep it from getting such severe stricture. But Dad was fine after.

I just bought MSF 389. Used my 2nd account for the discount.:) I loved that canary piece!! Those canaries flew away fast!!

I put a photo of my halo ring on CW's facebook page and he commented on how good it looked on my hand. Nice! I do love the ring.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Nora, how did the coupon work? I tried this morning, but the blanket $15 discount made it not work. Did the 15% work for you?

I had heard about using botox for such procedures, and I bet it would really help keep his esophagus from closing.

I saw your facebook picture. Looked great!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

I had two items in my cart and it put the $15 off on my cheaper item. I deleted that item and the coupon stayed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Nora, they must have fixed the problem. That's good news. I am glad you were able to order something. Nice choice. Very unusual pendant.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Nora,
Good news your Dad's doctor visit went well.
Great photo of your Halo ring and I love that unusual pendant

Are your driveway repairs completed?

They seem to be pushing that Kutamani Tanzanite today I guess getting darker unicluded Tanzy for lower priced jewelry is almost impossible. The good stuff is $1000 a carat now JTV Price. Much more retail ..,

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

They haven't started the driveway! The weather delayed him. Now it is going to be Tuesday!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

I just bought the chrome diopside sea turtle and the moissanite earring jackets

Dad had chills and fever yesterday! The nurse at the Assisted Living scared me! She called and askd me to take him to minor emergency! She said he was shaking. So I started down there! Then she called me when I was half way there and said that she had phoned his doctor. The doctor prescribed antibiotics and that Dad had gone back to sleep. Dad later told me his fever was 103. or 102! That scared me more!

We went to see him after Bible class today and he looks great. No fever or chills. He'd has his teeth cleaned Thurs. and he upper GI on Friday. Maybe that released bacteria into his system!! Thank God he is OK!!!

He will have to have these esophageal stretches every so often the rest of his life because his condition is incurable. The doctor is talking about injecting botox into the sphincter in his esophasus to keep it open longer.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Sorry to hear your Dad had a scare today. Thank goodness he is better so quickly. I think you are right that the visit to stretch his esophagus perturbed his system.

We were able to grill out tonight. It has been very rainy lately but we got a break today.

I love that little chrome turtle.:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Nora, That's good that your Dad is OK now. You must have been worried. Those moissanite earring jackets look nice. I hope you have studs small enough to fit. I heard that only 5 mm or less will fit. I want to get those turtles, too.

Bella, grilling out is so nice in the summer. Glad the rain let up. It rained here in the afternoons both Sat and Sun because of the heat/humidity. After that, it wasn't bad.

Anyone know where Shopping Gal, Copythat and Mrs. Dolittle have been lately? Ladies, we miss your posts!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Sorry to be missing but I have had trouble posting, will try again, hopefully it will work this time.

Nora, hope you Dad is still doing well, that sort of thing is scary and so glad the outcome is good!!!

Didn't buy anything, just didn't find anything that I felt that I couldn't live without.

Will post more later, if this post works.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Mrs. Peacock, I have a bunch of studs and thought I'd order the jackets to check on it. If not, I'll return them.

I need to shake a tail feather and get busy around here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Off the steroids and being a couch potato again so legs do not swell. Joy. I have three doctor appointments this week. Regular Doctor, Dematologist, and Wound Clinic. Sigh.
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Nora,
It sounds like your dad is doing better. I hope it continues that way. I loved my daddy so much.....our parents are precious.

Bella,
I have not said hi to you in awhile! Good luck with your doctor appointments. I tend to see the docs in the summer when I am not working. Just had a normal mammogram. Thank God. Those exams freak me out. How are your kids and animals? Everyone ok? Husband?

Has Mrs. Dolittle posted at all lately? Is she ok?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

443 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min It aint necessarily so 721,947
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min Frontliner 115,519
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Buck Crick 224,522
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min uIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE 172,517
ibhentse emandi (Sep '11) 24 min Teeza 124
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 37 min Epiphany2 599,112
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 41 min raghavendra 534
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Porkpie Hat 256,839
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 533,294
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••