Birdies group

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#10929 Jun 14, 2013
I hope your hubby has a safe trip.:)

I am not familiar with Paul. I will have to check out his jewelry.

Location hidden

#10930 Jun 14, 2013
Bella, I hadn't bought any of Paul's stuff either until he did that Tucson event with the big sleeping beauty ring. Since then I have bought some more of his turquoise and drusy quartz pieces. The TTV is neat because it is an enhancer.
Nora2

Oklahoma City, OK

#10931 Jun 14, 2013
I'm glad he made it safely!

Location hidden

#10932 Jun 14, 2013
Thanks, Nora! Me too :). Did you find anything in Ametrine?

Location hidden

#10933 Jun 15, 2013
Mrs.Peacock,
When does Hubby head back? I gather his sister was not any help to convince him to risk the trip..
Bought any new goodies from ShopNBC?:)

Location hidden

#10934 Jun 15, 2013
Bella, he got back about an hour ago. His sister wanted him to stay for lunch, head back to the house, etc. If he hadn't said no, he may not have gotten here until midnight. Thank goodness he is safe.

I bought turquoise from Deasy and some charms from Michael V.

Location hidden

#10935 Jun 15, 2013
I'm glad he is home safe and sound. I was thinking about him today on his trip. It sounds like his sister was comforted that he came.

What kind of charms? Are they like Pandora?

Today I actually went to the mall and shopped with my sister. I bought 3 pairs of capris and 4 tops. All are so cute. One top is an animal print! Another is red, white and blue and there are red sparkles on it to look like an exploding firework!

Location hidden

#10936 Jun 16, 2013
Nora, they are slider charms like Pandora, but made MUCH better with gold accent and real gemstones. Sounds like you had a fun day at the mall, yesterday. I like animal print tops. I need to get some while they are in style.

Anyone still looking for a Dyson? They have a deal today on QVC. It's like Buy one get one deal. You get a vacuum, lots of attachments, and that special fan Dyson made. Check out their Today's Special Value.
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#10937 Jun 16, 2013
Mrs. Peacock,
I have been reading all about your husband's drive, and I am glad it is done and over with...you are relieved to have him home. I have been catching up on posts again. I was so burnt out from teaching that I could not bring myself to do another extra thing...

Hi everyone,
Been reading pages and pages of posts. Finally done with teaching for the summer and saying hi. I have been off about 10 days now. I had a terrible tragedy within my group of friends and have not been posting. One of my friends took a gun to himself, and died. I have been friends with this man and his sister for years, and we all went out to dinner together with a few other people for the last 3 years. We would go out every Friday nite. The ladies were all teachers. It was fun to get together at the end of the week. Anyway, no one knows definitively why this guy took his life. He broke up with a girlfriend about a year or so before. Also very unsuccessful trying to sell his house, and did not have much money....but to take your own life....anyway, I have been more than sad, and not posting from burnout and grief. So hello to all...jewelry has not been in my thoughts much....

Location hidden

#10938 Jun 16, 2013
Mrs. Poe, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. It must be puzzling for something like that to happen if the person keeps his dispair hidden. It sounds like there were no obvious signs on the outside. Poor guy. It is a terrible thing.

Ladies, I hope your husbands had a Happy Father's Day (if that applies). We went to my Dad's for a cook out, and my hubby was the grill master for the day. It was supposed to rain, but we didn't get wet at all.

Hope you all had a nice day :).

Location hidden

#10939 Jun 16, 2013
Mrs. Poe, I am so sorry about your friend. Was he a teacher too? Depression can be so painful, I guess he felt like he had no other options. How very sad.

Location hidden

#10940 Jun 16, 2013
Mrs.Poe,
I am do sorry to hear about the tragedy with your friend. I know it must be a frustrating and sad situation.

It is great to hear you are out of school now for the summer and de-stressing.:-)

Nora,
You will have to send us pictures with the new tops. The prints sound like such fun stuff to wear!

Mrs.Peacock,
Sounds wonderful to have your hubby back safe and sound. The cookout sounds yummy! We had some real loud thunder storms hear this afternoon. So we all went out to eat for Father's Day.

I hope Mrs.Dolittle and ShoppingGal had a nice weekend too......:)

Location hidden

#10941 Jun 17, 2013
Bella, glad to know you had a nice meal out for Father's Day. My sister and I almost gave my Dad the same thing. I thought she was getting him a bird feeder, so I should get this big can of nuts he likes to eat. I show up with that and a gift card for a favorite restaurant. She shows up with beer and a big can of nuts, too. Darn, I thought. Turns out, hers were different than mine, so now he has variety. He will be eating those for the next 6 months. My Mom says, he LIKES them, so it doesn't matter that he has 2 giant cans.

My Dad is a simple guy :).

Location hidden

#10942 Jun 17, 2013
You did well for your dads ladies. We had bible class in Dad's home at Aberdeen and then ate lunch with him. My sister gave him two shirts and I gave him two shirts and he was just delighted to have new clothes.

No question about it, guns are dangerous. I'm thinking of you, Mrs. Poe. It is always so very sad and haunting when someone commits suicide. I do know we will see them again in God's kingdom. In this life we are on trial to have experience with evil. When we are all resurrected, God wants us to all know the truth and accept it. We don't all have the complete truth now because look at all the different beliefs we all have. But the real truth will be revealed when we are resurrected. And as always we can accept it or not. Those not accepting it will then die the "second death." (Mentioned in Revelations)

Location hidden

#10943 Jun 17, 2013
Mrs.Peacock,
Did you ever get that green bracelet?
That is hilarious about the nuts. My hubby just lives those big cans too.:-)

Nora,
I a happy to hear your Dad had such a nice Father's Day. I bet he will look really spiffy in those new shirts!
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#10944 Jun 17, 2013
Hi Nora,
My friend was not a teacher. He was a brother of one of the teachers. He used to come with his girlfriend with our group of friends every Friday nite, and even when he split with his girlfriend, he continued to come every Friday nite. He was unique...his mom died about 4 years ago, and she paid him a salary to take care of her, so he stopped working. So he hadn't worked for years,and his sister told me he was running out of money. He rehabbed his house for over one hundred thousand dollars, but it still did not sell....I know he had his share of problems...but I never sensed his despair. He must have hid it. He was a very cool guy. A musician. Long hear, beard,...loved Jerry Garcia....I just never saw it coming, problems and all....
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#10945 Jun 17, 2013
Nora,
is there reference to suicide in the bible? I meant to ask....

Location hidden

#10946 Jun 17, 2013
Bella, yes, I got the bracelet. It was what I got when I answered the door half-dressed, LOL! Very pretty green color, nice weight in gold. The only downside is the width is very skinny. Still, it will stack with something else I am sure.

Nora, that's nice that you and your sister got new shirts for your Dad. I bet he will look good for all the people in the assisted living complex :).

Mrs. Poe, I hope your group of friends will be able to find comfort in each other as you continue to go out together. Maybe talking about it will help.

Location hidden

#10947 Jun 17, 2013
Mrs. Poe, I believe Judas, who betrayed Jesus, killed himself. However, he was an apostle who knew better. People in this present evil world, who have so much trouble and mental depression and despair, will be resurrection in God's new world and be able to learn spiritual truths and develop their characters. People then will be able to choose to live in obedience to God. And the rejoicing will be like in Exodus 15! Then Miriam the prophet, Aaron’s sister, took a timbrel in her hand, and all the women followed her, with timbrels and dancing. 21 Miriam sang to them:
“Sing to the Lord,
for he is highly exalted.
Both horse and driver
he has hurled into the sea.”
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#10948 Jun 18, 2013
Nora,
Thank you. I certainly hope that he is now in God's hands. I pray that he is, and has found peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Robert F 596,119
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 6 min andet1987 6,129
The Christian Atheist debate 7 min Lbj 874
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min It aint necessari... 854,524
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 min NewsYtube 612,601
____ ANTICHRIST on the world stage ____ 19 min NewsYtube 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 20 min The Joker 444,272
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Charlie Sheen 272,082
More from around the web