Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Bella, he won't listen to me. Even though I am afraid for his safety, he wants to risk life and limb to drive 12 hours in one day by himself. We were arguing about it last night. I don't think that the widow would care if he couldn't make it, but he is treating this as if this was a close relative that passed. He was a friend to my husband in the past, but we didn't see him more than twice in the last 12 years. He didn't call or write him in between seeing him or anything. Not THAT close.

I asked him if we could plan a trip to see his sister and the family of the deceased in late summer when I can go, too. He wouldn't go for that. Everybody wouldn't be there then, like all his nieces and nephews. They will be there for the funeral this weekend, but in Sept, we probably wouldn't get to see them.

I don't know what to do. I don't think it's wise for him to do this. If something happened to him because of this, I would blame his family for putting him/me in this position.

I am really afraid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Nora, I don't mind the part of being home alone for one night. It's the part of me being constantly worried about him having a car accident and dying on the highway somewhere. I couldn't do anything but worry.
Nora2

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Are his eyes that bad? How far is it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Nora, his right eye is cloudy, and he needs to have it checked out. We have put it off for months because the insurance company is all screwed up with my medical bills, so we didn't want to add more new doctors into it yet.

He only has to drive about 6 miles to and from work, and it's pretty much a straight line down the road. No long distances and no unfamiliar routes. This would be both long and unfamiliar.

I don't know exactly how many miles---300 one-way is my best guess.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

That is quite a drive and the roads where you live are not straight and long as they are here! If he drives in bright sunshne it is a good deal. But I uderstand about "cloudy" eyes. I told my eye dctor it seems like my right eye has baby oil in it. So he increased the strenght of my left contact.

No funeral is worth tht kind of trouble. Send a nice plant/dontact to his charity... I'm sure they'll understand.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Mrspeacock, I understand the frustration you are feeling after having been in a very similar situation with my hubby when we were younger (and his eyesight wasn't bad), but sometime you just have to say a prayer over them and let God do the rest.
I pray that he will come to his senses and decide not to go, men can be very stubborn and sometimes they just don't seem to make very good decisions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

If he will not listen to reason, time to pull all the tricks out of your play book from a guilt trip to a downright hissy fit. Having him sulk for a few days when you demand he not go is way worth letting him out himself in harms way when all common sense dictates he not attempt this trip. Just my two cents...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Thanks ladies, for the advice. I am working on it. If he won't listen, I will try to end around him and talk directly to his sister. It's not something I would normally do, but I will if I have to. Hopefully, she is not so needy that she agrees with him and encourages him to come.

Anyone get any goodies yet from their orders at KTV? I got my kunzite pendant, and it actually had some pink color! I was shocked because I have returned kunzite to KTV before that had ZERO pink at all. This was a welcome surprise.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Mrs.Peacock,
Great news on that pendant! Has the green diamond bracelet shipped?:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Bella, yes it shipped, and it may get here tomorrow.

Did your chrome bracelet ship?

I saw some of Misty's show. She had a BIG 3 carat ring for $1599. Now I wish I had bought that when we had a coupon. I couldn't tell from the online photo how large it was. It was knuckle to knuckle of bling on Misty. Wow!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Mrs. Peacock, I saw it too. Wow! But I am so glad your kunzite is pink! So glad your green diamond bracelet is coming.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

That was the 3 carat ring I bought along with the five carat during diamond month. Gorgeous ring and different. Looks great with the 5 carat bracelet of round diamonds: DOC594. I do not usually do reviews but I did for that ring.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Bad storms here this morning. I hope you all are keeping an eye on the sky today.

Mrs. Dolittle, I believe the same ones that were here are near you now.

Tonight at 9PM EDT ShopNBC has a 27 hour Designer Showcase for jewelry. Just in case anyone is interested. I will be watching tonight and all day tomorrow.

Hubby is going out of town, so at least I will have something to distract me for a while.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

I saw those storms going over you. Lots of rain at the USGA golf match, too. Our AC isn't working right. It runs but it isn't cycling on and off and not cooling well. Hubby has a man coming on the 25th but that is over a week away!

Where is everyone today?

I wore my new moissanite all day an zero comments. Not even from my Dad and husband!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Back from the doctor and another round of steroids. Hopefully I will have a better night's rest and the meds quell the rash again quickly.

Nora,
Some people you could blind with am LED flashlight and they would be oblivious. That Moissanite ring is beautiful.

Mrs. Peacock,
Who is are the designers for the showcase?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Nora, I bet it is the capacitor on your air conditioning as the same thing happened to us not long ago. It is less than $200 to repair. Nora don't worry about the men not noticing your jewelry. They would not notice if you had rings on every finger and ten necklaces on,lol! Now if it is food that is another thing!

Mrs. P., I will probably watch some of the shopnbc jewelry show. Where did hubby go, I hope not to that guy's funeral??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Mrs. Dolittle and Bella, the designers are all the usual people on ShopNBC like Michael V, Chuck, Dallas Prince, Paul Deasy, etc.

Nora, we had that problem with our AC last year. We were low on gas (Freon), and one of the indoor motor capacitors needed replacing. The most expensive for us was the Freon because they don't make the stuff anymore for our unit. It is mighty expensive.

Yes, my hubby is going out of state to the funeral. He will only drive in the daylight at least. I will have to pray nothing happens.

We have had an annoying couple of days. The smoke detectors keep going off for no reason. We put new batteries in them, even though they are wired into the circuits of the house. Still going off. When they were not going off full blast, they chirp incessantly. So, we had to go out and get 3 new ones that would work with our existing wiring. Luckily, I was able to find the right ones. Easy to install with the correct models. Now I won't have to listen to it for the next 2 days when hubby leaves.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Ladies, that Sleeping Beauty turquoise has me addicted. The TTV at ShopNBC is an enhancer with a multi-gem station necklace and there are matching earrings. I got the multi color choice in the necklace and earrings. It looks so "Summer-y" I think it will look good on the many pearl strands I have from Mark B at KTV.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

That is a gorgeous TTV necklace. It looks do versatile. Michael has some beautiful designs.
Has your hubby made the trip to the funeral yet?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Bella, he's still here. He was supposed to be gone by now. He had to get cleaned up, check the tires and fluids in the car (for my peace of mind), eat some lunch, pick out some clothes, get dressed and go. I had to help with getting the clothes, of course. Men never know what goes with what, LOL! I also had to look up directions for him. I hope he doesn't get stuck in rush hour traffic when he gets there.

That TTV is a Paul Deasy piece. He is the Sleeping Beauty guy, and he also concentrates a lot on drusy, peridot and garnet for ShopNBC.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 10,761 - 10,780 of11,682
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

371 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Hidingfromyou 719,860
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min AussieBobby 256,339
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 14 min Ganesh 486
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 18 min PetesFreedomTrain 114,936
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 20 min Hidingfromyou 93,652
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min truth 532,258
Is homosexuality an ABOMINATION?? 32 min andet1987 7
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr UidiotRaceMakeWorldPeace1 172,192
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••