Birdies group

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#10768 May 23, 2013
If anyone is interested; the JTV sweepstakes today gives you a 10% off coupon on regular priced jewelry but it also works on preowns.

Location hidden

#10769 May 23, 2013
Mrs. Dolittle, wouldn't you know....when there's a coupon for 10% off, there isn't a preowned I want. Thanks for the tip, though :) I agree that Michael V needs to do a golden drusy pendant. I hope he's working on one. I have gone a little drusy crazy these past few months.

The ones I got from Paul Deasy are really nice. I don't know how to describe them other than "chunky". I got some drusy in the past that was just like dust and flat. His had a 3-D quality of larger crystals going in multiple directions. Now I like drusy because of him. I am pretty sure that Michael V would use the same good quality in his pieces.

Where did you get the loose ones you want to wire wrap?

Location hidden

#10770 May 23, 2013
Oh, I forgot to say, Happy Anniversary to me :)! 15 years ago today I married my hubby. It doesn't seem like that long. Time flies!

Location hidden

#10771 May 23, 2013
Mrs. P., happy, happy anniversary to you two. What are your plans for the big day? I would get him to take me out for a very nice dinner :)) What bling did he decide to give you?

I ordered the big drusy pnedant stone from Ebay, it is 24 by 17. The earring stones are from Etsy as could not find them on EBay. They are 16 y 12. I just checked the tracking on the drusy pendant and it says out for delivery. Fast shipping at Ebay as I just ordered it Tuesday evening. These yellow drusy stones should look just like pave yellow diamonds :))) Have you ever did any wire wrapping?

Location hidden

#10772 May 23, 2013
Thanks for the anniversary wishes, Mrs. Dolittle. I have picked out some things for hubby to choose from to give me from my stash. The one thing I really want is my emerald bracelet. I am sure he will let me have that one for sure.

I haven't tried the wire wrapping yet. I have bought the dvd's from KTV when they were on sale a while ago. Never watched. I mean to make time for it. One of these days I will.

Location hidden

#10773 May 23, 2013
Happy Anniversary Mrspeacock!!! Be sure to let us know what you got, I know that it will be beautiful. I haven't been watching anything, we are still trying to get this house finished, it probably wasn't a good idea to leave for almost a week last week, we sort of lost our momentum.lol

Location hidden

#10774 May 23, 2013
Copythat, Thanks! I know how home improvement projects can go. I have one that was started a LONG time ago, but it's still not finished. I hope you keep going until you get it completed.

I believe Chuck has some shows on Sat. and I will probably watch. He was doing some crazy deals last week when he was on.

Location hidden

#10775 May 23, 2013
I hope that our part of the work will be finished by Sat. or the first of next week at the latest.
Do you have plans to go out for your anniversary?
We will be married for 47 years this June, believe me when I say I was a child bride, thought I was so grown up, heck I didn't know what grown up was for another 20 years.:)
Let us know what you get.

Bella, how is your leg?

Shoppinggal how is your hubby, any surgeries yet?

Location hidden

#10776 May 23, 2013
I got my moissanite bracelet and owl ring in the mail today. I don't think I will keep the owl and the bracelet because I spent too much lately.

I think the moissanite bracelet is a winner. Very nice clasp on it that requires you to push a button on the side to open it. It seems pretty secure. Nice sparkle and good weight on the metal. I think it's worth what I paid. The owl is very heavy and nicely made, but it's sooo wide in the band that it's very tight. He didn't make any larger sizes like 9 or 10, so I will probably return it for being tight and because I can't keep everything I bought lately. It's still cute, though.

I probably won't get my gifts till next week because I want to see the Michael V earrings and ring I bought yesterday first before I pick out some gifts.

Location hidden

#10777 May 23, 2013
Mrs. Peacock?
Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you will have some gorgeous goodies to pick from.:) Since the Moissy bracelet is nice I would keep that one. So sparkly, great price and extra length.
CopyThat,
Leg is getting better but is is slow going.
Mrs.Dolittle,
Did you get your Druzy?

Location hidden

#10778 May 23, 2013
Bella, I hope you will be able to get out and about again soon. I am sure you are going a little crazy having to baby it. I think that big citrine ring at ShopNBC is going to be on sale tomorrow.

I do think the moissante bracelet is a good choice to keep. Did your bracelet have that nice push button clasp, too?

Location hidden

#10779 May 23, 2013
Congratulations, Mrs. Peacock on your 15th anniversary! Did you go out to a great dinner? And the bracelet is a great present for you!! Many more happy years to you both!

Bella, I'm glad your leg is healing.

Today was rainy and quiet for us. Nice.

Location hidden

#10780 May 24, 2013
Nora, sometimes a nice, rainy day is relaxing. It has been storming here for about a week. We lost power on Monday for several hours, and it was the hottest, muggiest day of the year! This weekend is supposed to be really nice, but cool. In the upper 60s to low 70s.

We didn't go out to dinner because hubby has to work late this week. This Sunday we are meeting my parents to see the St. Jude house, and we may go out to dinner after. Their anniversary is just a few days before ours, so it will be a double occasion.

Happy Memorial Day weekend! I can't believe how fast this year has gone. It seems like I am so far behind.

Location hidden

#10781 May 24, 2013
Mrs P., For the price you paid I would keep the moissanite bracelet as they are hard to find in an 8 inch.

Bella, Got the druzy yesterday and it is just gorgeous. I am waiting for my setting to come now plus the druzy earrings stones and my wire to wrap the earrings. Have you bought anything lately as far as jewelry?

copycat, I have been married for 40 years, was 20 when I got married.

Location hidden

#10782 May 24, 2013
Mrs. Dolittle, you were a baby when you got married! 20? Wow. I thought my Mom was young at 21. I was 23. I think I was probably too young in hind sight. I had barely gotten out of college.

Copythat, were you even younger than that?

I guess when you know you have the right one, it doesn't matter how young/old you are.

Michael V is on again today. He's so good at his job of designing mountings,hand-picking the stones and talking about the history. He makes you want to buy! I do love his attention to detail. He is the only guy that could convince me to try one of the slide style charm bracelets that are sooo popular at mall jewelry stores. I tried it because I knew he would make those charms as nice as all his other jewelry. He does! Now I have to fill up a bracelet. I am such a jewelry junkie.

Location hidden

#10783 May 24, 2013
Bella, Glad to hear your leg is doing better. Just take care and let your girls do the housework; rest so it will finally heal.

Location hidden

#10784 May 24, 2013
Mrs P., Actually I was 19 when I got married on April 3 and I turned 20 one month later on May 1 ,lol!! So I was a teenager bride.

I have to agree 100% with you about Michael V. He is the most detail oriented person who sells jewelry that I have ever seen. His stuff is NICE!!

Location hidden

#10785 May 24, 2013
Actually I was just a couple days shy of my 16th Birthday, told you I was a "child bride". Can't believe my parents signed for me to get married, but they knew we were in love, and I guess we were since it's lasted for 47 years.
My Mom owned a beauty shop and one of her customers came to me and Mom about 7 months after I married and apologized for spreading the rumor that I would have a "preemie", our first child wasn't born for almost 2 1/2 years. But you better bet I wouldn't have let my daughter marry at that age.LOL:)))

Location hidden

#10786 May 24, 2013
Copythat, I don't know how you could get married and still go to school and do normal teenager stuff. Wow! Where did you live? With your parents or your hubby's parents? Could you drive yet? Forgive me if I am being too nosey. I have never known anyone to get married so young that wasn't a "shotgun wedding."

I feel like I got married as an old lady now, LOL! I will be an old mama if I ever am one.

Mrs. Dolittle, I guess you knew what you wanted even at a young age, and it has worked for you, too.

Bella, I emailed you back about that Michael V ouro verde.

Location hidden

#10787 May 24, 2013
Mrs P., My sister got married at the age of 17 and she was married for over 60 years when her husband passed away two years ago. It was not a shotgun wedding at all. They both knew what they wanted and that was to marry. People during her time tended to marry at a young age.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Gabriel 989,651
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 18 min Jim-ca 41,587
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min Just Think 690,310
Learn To Govern Yourselves, B4 It's Too Late 22 min Wake Up 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 27 min Wisdom of Ages 6,588
Would the world have been better off...without ... 30 min Doctor REALITY 2
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr Smarter than you 117
More from around the web