Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#10748 May 21, 2013
My heart just breaks for the people who have lost their loved ones. For the loss of lives in the elementary school! And for the people looking for their missing pets. I always plan to hold my dogs with their harness leashes but in a storm like that one, I wonder how? I found a web site showing underground shelters. They would be good unless rainwater poured in. It has rained until just now.

My friend told me they were interviewing a woman on TV. She was standing near the rubble of her home when the reporter looked down and saw fur and a dog face! It was her dog in the rubble. They quickly got him out alive. I didn't see this but may you did.

This had made me more afraid of tornadoes than I used to be. I've lived here 61 years and have never had tornado damage. But I have had bad ice damage!

Location hidden

#10749 May 21, 2013
Nora, I saw the poor lady who survived the tornado talking about her dog and the reporter looked down and saw a glimpse of him. The lady pulled him out of the rubble, she was an eldely lady. She said she had prayed that just let her and her dog survive, so tearful!!

Location hidden

#10750 May 21, 2013
Nora, that's something I never thought about. The rain coming in the shelter. I am guessing that you'd only be in the shelter for a short time, so maybe if you made sure it wasn't full of water before the storms come in, you'd be OK. If there was water in there, a submersible pump would be able to pump the water out. Not ideal, but it could save your life.

Location hidden

#10751 May 21, 2013
Bella, tonight at midnight Michael Valitutti is having a whole hour of Sleeping Beauty turquoise including the carved cameos. I have been waiting to see those. Maybe if you are still up, you can watch ShopNBC on your tablet? I think you would like it.

Anybody else like Gems en Vogue II at ShopNBC? I believe Shopping Gal has some items, too.

Location hidden

#10752 May 21, 2013
I saw that reporter when she saw the dog. The reporter was facing the house and all of a sudden she said "there's a puppy", and started calling the dog, he started moving and they got him out, makes my heart glad to know that he survived!

I have tender spot for children but I also have a tender spot for animals and to think about all of the animals that have been displaced, thrown about in the storm that may be injured, some may be severely, it just breaks my heart to think about them being lonely and scared, wondering where their home is and where they are. I'm sure after the search is over for the humans, maybe they will start searching for animals.

I will have to Tivo the Valitutti show and watch it tomorrow. I am going to bed early tonight, we started back with the remodeling today and hopefully will have it done either tomorrow or Thur...WHOOO HOOO!!!

Mrspeacock, I thought it was the end of June last year, thanks.

Location hidden

#10753 May 21, 2013
They are already searching for owners and dogs. At the same time with searching for humans. Things can be replaced but people and pets can not.
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#10754 May 21, 2013
Thinking of you ZaZa's....just hi to all, and of course, Nora....thank God you and yours are ok...

Location hidden

#10755 May 21, 2013
Yes, thank God! And they are all really pitching in to recover.

Location hidden

#10756 May 21, 2013
Carved Sleeping Beauty sold out before I could get it. It's OK. It was smaller than I thought, and more money than I wanted to spend. Item number is 133-027 at ShopNBC. He says he doesn't have any more. There are a few in rings that are even smaller.

Location hidden

#10757 May 22, 2013
I saw the carved turquoise ring. Very unusual. Pretty but hard to see carving unless really up close because there was no contrast on the surface like a regular cameo. The sleeping beauty turquoise is a gorgeous color though. :)

Location hidden

#10758 May 22, 2013
Nora, here is the link to the video about the elderly lady discovering her dog in the rubble;
http://www.godvine.com/Woman-Lost-Her-Dog-Whe...

Location hidden

#10759 May 22, 2013
Mrs. Dolittle, the more I hear Michael V. talk about sleeping beauty and how rare his AAA quality is, the more I think I should get a piece of his. I have some from Paul Deasy, but I know it's not the AAA grade because you can see some discolorations in the stones. I wonder what Michael's super clean and deep color turquoise is like. I should have bought those studs for $64, but they sold out.

Anyone watching ShopNBC today? He's on now, and will be back on at 3PM EDT.

Location hidden

#10760 May 22, 2013
It was on Hannity last night (the video of the elderly lady and the reporter who spotted her dog in the rubble)and I showed it to my husband. I just puddled up.

Location hidden

#10761 May 22, 2013
Nora, they showed a little black dog that they said had been standing vigil with it's owner that didn't make it, did you see that one, it made me cry. They said that one of the rescuer's was going to adopt it, I know it's wondering where its family is.

Location hidden

#10762 May 22, 2013
Mrs P., I saw Michael on earlier this morning and that ring in turquoise is beautiful. He also had some beautiful golden druzy earrings and ring that was outta this world stunning. I ordered three druzy gemstones I yellow and I am going to put one in a silver pendant setting and the other stones I am going to wire wrap for earrings. Wish me luck as I have never wire wrapped anything, lol!!!!

It is terribly hot again here today, 85 degrees. That is what it was here yesterday also.

Location hidden

#10763 May 22, 2013
Michael has a patriotic bow ring I have to have!! It's in the 5 PM slot, but you can see it early online.

Location hidden

#10764 May 22, 2013
Mrs. Peacock,

I loved the Patriotic bow ring. Did you order it?

Location hidden

#10765 May 22, 2013
Mrs Dolittle, Wow! 85 there? You are going to wire wrap? I've done that. It is so fun.

I'm watching my sister's jet fly home from Chicago on the internet. They've been gone a week and their flight was delayed for about 4 hours.
Boy does that thing travel fast!

Do you all wear Lancome? I got some skin cream samples called Renergie Lift Multi-action. There is one for day and one for night. I love it. Thinking about ordering it.

Location hidden

#10766 May 23, 2013
Bella, did you watch ShopNBC yesterday? See all the pretty sleeping beauty? I believe Michael V when he says he only bought the best grade. I want to try his version, so I bought some earrings. Also, I DID get that bow ring. I can't wait to see it. I wanted to get that matching star charm, but I held back. I hope it comes back again later in the summer :).

Nora, how were you watching the plane? Is there a website you can enter a flight number and see it? That would be neat.

Mrs. Dolittle, I loved that golden drusy ring and earrings from Michael V. The earrings I thought were especially gorgeous and unique. I am adding those to the wish list.

Location hidden

#10767 May 23, 2013
Nora, Yes I am going to try my hand at wire wrapping as I could not find any earring settings for the druzy stones so this was my next alternative. Never done it before so wish me luck.

Mrs P., That was a pretty patriotic ring you got. His druzy earrings and ring were gorgeous; he just needs a pretty pendant to go with the set. Hope he adds one to the collection to match the earrings and ring.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Catcher1 838,850
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min kent 590,285
China sends armed officers to Nepal for relief ops 6 min Kid_Tomorrow 7
Gay teens in the New York Connecticut area (Feb '14) 28 min joey8451 10
Interracial experience-Mexican men and Black women (Jul '12) 33 min mario 110
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 37 min Jac 99,986
Who will be in the NBA Finals?? 38 min Kid_Tomorrow 7
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr We Are Almost There 4,440
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr swedenforever 176,949
More from around the web