Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#10645 May 7, 2013
Nora, it's nice here, too. But, rain is coming back tonight.

Happy Teacher Appreciation Day. Mrs. Poe, I hope the kiddies and the administrators are being good to you today.

I am tempted to buy some items on clearance at ShopNBC. There's free shipping, and that's about as much of a discount as you get there. I am trying to resist. I owe enough already.

Location hidden

#10646 May 7, 2013
Glad to see that someone is posting, it's SOOO lonesome when there is no one "talking", I really miss it when there is only a few post, miss keeping up with what everyone is doing and buying, of course if everyone is like me there isn't much buying going on. I did buy me a couple of Emeril's pans from HSN, they came in today but I haven't opened them yet, can't wait to try them as my frying pans were on their last leg.

Mrspeacock, is there some good prices on clearance at NBC?

Location hidden

#10647 May 7, 2013
Copythat, even on clearance, NBC's prices are high. I did have my eye on a pair of sapphire earrings, but they are gone now :(.

Location hidden

#10648 May 7, 2013
Sorry about the earrings Mrspeacock. I hate to finally make up my mind on something and it be gone, makes me want it twice as bad after that.:)
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#10649 May 7, 2013
Mrs. Dolittle,
My latest and last for awhile, ring from EBay is an 8 karat gold snake ring from London. It has blue and green enamel scales, diamond eyes, and the top of the head is a fabulous sapphire. It has all the British hallmarks, which is kind of cool. Also, getting "Royal Mail," is fun. It took about three weeks to get here, so waiting was half the fun.

Bates Motel is really good. I love the mom's and Norman's acting. A looney couple, aren't they? Now Norman is learning taxidermy. Better watch out, Momma!

Mrs. Peacock,
We got a great bagel and sweet roll spread from our administration and and school board today. So fattening. Of course, I ate everything. Leave it to me. I have no willpower.

Nora,
I cannot wait to retire. Unfortunately, there are certain retirement bonus monies that I cannot get if I retire before three years more, so I continue. The little guys are so nice, but somehow, all in all, it is getting to be too much. I work for a district that does not miss any latest trend, so we are always so busy blogging, and posting to parents...on and on.... so little to do with teaching, and just seems like silly pr. But it is the way of the world....I understand about pinching yourself to stay awake. I stop for icecream to get some sugar in my system. Ha! I really need that!

Anyway, made Indian chicken. Kitchen smells like turmeric and curry. Either ya love it, or hate it. I love it....

Location hidden

#10650 May 7, 2013
Hi girls, hubby is picking up a Papa Murphy's pizza, the kind they make and you back. We love them!

I loved teaching, counseling and the children! But now I'm into retirement. I ate lunch out with a friend. I went to college with her and we both became teachers. We are both staying in jammies until noon and playing a lot more. She says, "If I don't want to do it, I don't do it!" I would have continued counseling for 5 more years as that was my plan. AND Mrs. Poe, you are very appreciated!!! You are making a difference in the lives of the children!!

Location hidden

#10651 May 8, 2013
The sun is shining this morning, it's beautiful, we have had rain for 6 days, while I am thankful for all that we received I am so glad to see the sun again!!!!

Mrs Poe, the job you have is the most rewarding and most gut retching job anyone can have but you ARE making a difference in the lives of so many...THANK YOU!!!

Bella, did you call CS about the restocking fee? I still can't believe they would do that to a great customer like yourself.

Mrspeacock, have you found anything on clearance yet?

Diamonds, how is everything with your daughter?

Location hidden

#10652 May 8, 2013
Copythat, what you said yesterday is true. I was thinking about it for a good while, made up my mind to get it, and then it was gone. That DID make me want it more....horrible. There is no way to tell how many they have in stock. Maybe they only had the one. Bummer....Oh well, I don't need more debt anyhow.

Mrs. Poe, I am glad the school fed you a little bit for Teacher's Day. It seems like they should do more than that.

Nora, I have never had Papa Murphy's. Sounds yummy. I am glad you are enjoying your retirement. You deserve it :).

Mrs. Dolittle, when do you have to go back to pick up the boat? I bet you are looking forward to another 6 hour road trip.

What are you ladies getting for Mother's Day?

Has anyone heard from Shopping Gal about her hubby? Is he still in the hospital? I hope everything is OK.

Shopping Gal, if you read this, give us an update, please :).

Location hidden

#10653 May 8, 2013
Mrspeacock, I'm going to Pigeon Forge for a few days, YEEEAAAHHH, no remodeling for a while!!! I NEED the rest from all this work that I am no longer used to, it's been so hard but SOOO good for us and we will finish when we get back and get the new floor, but after that it's the task of putting the house back together which is almost as hard as the remodel work. lol

Location hidden

#10654 May 8, 2013
Copythat, have fun! I have never been to Pigeon Forge, but I know it would be great fun. I just got a sale email from Carnival Cruises for a one-day sale. There are some crazy deals. I was this close to booking one, but it's not really financially responsible to go on a trip with all the bills we have to pay from the hospital and my over-active jewelry buying. I haven't seen deals like this in over 6 years. Under $400 for a week or sometimes longer. Wow!

Maybe I can go next year after the bills are paid. I hope there are still deals then.

Location hidden

#10655 May 8, 2013
Mrs P., We stayed over with the boat while it was being serviced and then pulled it back home. If it had taken longer we would probably have just spent the night at a motel. Shoppinggal's husband is at home and has not had any surgery as of yet.

Copycat, I love pigeon forge. We use to go about every other year there when we were living in Virginia but since we moved to WV we have not been once. Enjoy your stay as you need the rest as I certainly know how exhausting remodeling can be.

Mrs Poe, That ring you got sounds wonderful! I love that type of jewelry as you very well know :))) Speaking of taxidermy; my Dad was a taxedermist for many many years. He monuted everything including a blue marlin and a whole deer. I would love to try Indian food, the chicken sounds delicious :)))

Nora, Did you buy the pretty morganite pendant? The pizza sounds so good! I tell you I detest cooking anymore but it is a neccisty of life. I never thought that I would ever feel this way about cooking, lol!!

Bella, What did you find out from JTV about the restocking fee?

Location hidden

#10656 May 8, 2013
Girls, An interesting article about Costco diamonds vesus Tiffany's:

http://money.msn.com/how-to-budget/article.as...

Location hidden

#10657 May 8, 2013
Where earth is everyone today? Must be out sun bathing,lol!!! No sunbathing here as it has been raining since Sunday. It finally slacked off around noon today.

Location hidden

#10658 May 8, 2013
Mrs. Dolittle, I am here!! I enjoy cooking less and less but I am a better cook than I used to be. I got the pendant and it is gorgeous. One thing about Morganite - you have to keep it clean. I tend to finger my jewelry and I think it absorbs oil from the skin. I just cleaned my older morganite and it looks great!

I hope all is well with Shopping Gals husband.

We finally got our old fence torn down today. Now Red is afraid to pee and poo in his remodeled back yard. He didn't pee until 5 p.m.! The neighbor's dog is afraid too. We have to wait for the concrete on the new posts to cure before the rest of the new fence is installed.

Then I took Dad to a gastroenterologist. This doctor was very nice! Dad will have to have another upper GI and his lower esophagus stretched on June 21.

I got my heart-shaped citrine bracelet back. It is very fragile but I can wear it. He only charge $20. And he did make 14KT yellow gold studs with the extra 2 heart shaped citrines that he had to remove .

No rain here but we expect it tomorrow.

Location hidden

#10659 May 8, 2013
CopyThat,
I am happy for you that you are heading to Pidgeon Forge. No blizzards like last time!
Nora,
We are still soggy here. So much rain lately we have flash flood warnings. Still too cool at night for us to risk putting our flowers out.
Mrs.Dolittle,
Great article on Tiffany and Costco. Tiffany is SO overpriced. I would never be gouged to to have a designer name.
Mrs. Peacock,
I want to go to the beach soon. I love Daytona Beach. I went there with my Mom and Aunts almost every summer in my childhood. I have not been back since my Mom came to live in Huntsville. We never left for more than a weekend when she was in the nursing home.

Location hidden

#10660 May 8, 2013
We had to go to the store AGAIN, to buy more supplies to work on the house and guess what? We have to go tomorrow too, a product didn't go nearly as far as we had anticipated, oh well at least I have something to look forward too. LOL:)))

I need a new vacuum, any suggestions???

Mrsdolittle, at least we had sun here today, if I had time to sunbathing. lol

Location hidden

#10661 May 8, 2013
Bella, how is your leg, is it finally healed?
I have only been to Daytona Beach one time, I love Panama City, the sand is so pretty, I haven't been since 2007, we used to go and spend the whole month of Oct. there, the weather is perfect and there's not a lot of people, which I like, you can stay a month for the same price I used to spend for a week, if you go at the right time.

Nora, glad you got the bracelet back at least you can now wear it, bet the earrings are pretty and look great with the bracelet.
Dogs can be so funny, I once had a litter of pups that I had raised on a concrete run, one guy called me about two weeks after he got his pup and said that the only place he could get the pup to go to the bathroom was on the concrete drive, I cracked up, thought it was so funny, of course he finally started going in the yard much to the guy's wife's relief. lol

Location hidden

#10662 May 8, 2013
I think my dog is just scared! Maybe he needs a curtain around him to have his privacy to pee.

I love the beach but my husband doesn't. So? We go to the beach!

Don't get an Oreck vacuum! They just went bankrupt today. I had no idea they were struggling. I have an Oreck and it is expensive to buy their bags. I suggest a Hoover.

Location hidden

#10663 May 9, 2013
I wish I could go to the beach....aaahhh. I haven't been to actually sit on a beach in over a decade. I passed by one about 6 years ago. I would love to live near the water someday. If I won the lottery, I would be looking for a place in FL or Hawaii! Glad your bracelet is back.

Copythat, I have a Dyson "ball" type vacuum. It works well, but I will say it is heavy. If you have to lift it to go upstairs, it's not easy. They have come out with lighter models since I got mine though. Maybe one of those would be OK. Or, perhaps the canister style would be good.

Bella, I went to Daytona Beach once as a kid. It was one of those time-share talks that you get a couple nights free if you are willing to be harassed. My parents did that once, and that was enough! The beach was nice, though :).

The prettiest water and beaches I have ever seen were in St. Marteen and Turks and Caicos.

Location hidden

#10665 May 9, 2013
Well we're back from the "home remodeling" store...again!11 Hopefully we won't have to go again for a while.

Mrspeacock, I sure do wish I were sitting on a beach today, it seems as though we are in year 3 of remodeling, we still have a ways to go but thankfully we are a lot closer to being finished than we were!!!:)))
I had looked at a Dyson, I think this time I want a canister vac, and the Dyson's are so expensive, are they worth the price? Have also looked at the nice Dirt Devil's and Hoover as Nora recommended also the Shark, there are so many to choose from and I only want to buy once.

I sure could use a BIG PO right now!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min mike 603,602
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min It aint necessari... 764,438
Secrets To Dog Training: Stop Your Dog's Behavi... 24 min Jack Miller 1
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 41 min arabian 5,425
hill climb racing hack last update NOV 2014 43 min hill climb racing 1
hill climb racing hack for android 53 min Hack free 2
Clash of clans hack last updated NOV 2014 1 hr Hack free 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 554,868
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 263,441
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Catcher1 175,040

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE