Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#10625 May 3, 2013
Mrs. Dolittle, I know what it is like to tow a boat to the lake. It always takes longer. WoW! You must have been tired. Do you guys have a slip where you keep it at the lake or do you take it back and forth?

Mrs. Peacock, I'm glad about your blood tests being good. I think about what happened to you often. In fact I got a check up at my doctor after that. I'm overweight and I'd be so much healthier if I lost weight.

Copythat, are you having things done to your own home now? We are getting a new fence on Monday! It takes about three days. Then on Thursday we are getting another estimate on getting a new driveway. We have a 3 car garage and the driveway is pavers. These pavers are all rutted and stuff because they are on clay soil. So Thursday we will get a 2nd estimate. The driveway is big. The first quote was $7000.

I don't think I'll order the sample sale Morganite. The gold looks very thin.

Location hidden

#10626 May 3, 2013
Mossanite Elite on KTV tonight at 6. : )

Location hidden

#10627 May 3, 2013
Nora, No we do not have a slip at the lake for our boat. Hubby likes to take it to different lakes to fish and not be limited to just one lake. We just took it on Wednesday to a boat dealership to have it serviced and were not even near a lake.

Location hidden

#10628 May 3, 2013
Nora, the doctors still don't know what caused the blood clots. They do not think it's the weight, but it certainly couldn't hurt me to lose weight. They may run more tests to find out more information later. I just hope the blood thinners have gotten rid of the clots I had before.

It's sunny here today, but it's going to rain this weekend. The marathon runners will be getting a shower as they run here. I hope the event goes well for them :).

I just saw the coolest thing that Gems En Vogue II is coming out with in a couple weeks---sleeping beauty turquoise cameos. I can't wait to see those.

Location hidden

#10629 May 3, 2013
Ring is here today. The earrings were not that nice and I will return them. The ring is very pretty.

Mrs D, I surely understand about going to different lakes. Dad and Mom took us to various lakes. We loved it. I haven't had a good boat snce then. Hubby has a Kawasaki Jet Mate boat. It is square but like a jet ski. I would love to sell it.

Location hidden

#10630 May 3, 2013
Which ring, Nora? I must have forgotten you mentioning one. Which earrings?

Location hidden

#10631 May 4, 2013
Nora, we are doing the work ourselves, it's what my husband has done for over 40 years, we have the mental knowledge to do it but the physical power, that's another story.LOL Didn't realize HOW out of shape I was until we started the work on the rental house and our house, it will be worth it in the end but the road to the end is a LOOOOONG one.:)))

Location hidden

#10632 May 4, 2013
What work are youdoing to your house? We are hirng people to install a new privacy fence. We are getting another estimate on the driveway. Of course we can't do those tasks.

I'm thinking of buying a Morganite pendant. It is $399.99 and pear-shaped with Champagne diamonds around it.

Location hidden

#10633 May 4, 2013
Nora, we took up all the flooring in the kitchen and dining room, we are replacing some sheetrock where we had a leak in the roof and we decided to paint the all the walls and trim boards, we will have new flooring put down when we are finished, flooring is the one thing we won't do and we have a friend that will install it for us, all we have to pay for is the material and he will install for free, for that I am most grateful!!
When we were raising the dogs we became very good at building and installing fencing since it was a very necessary part of being in the "dog business".
When I was younger there wasn't a lot of things in the construction business that I couldn't at least do a little of...of course that was a long time ago.
All in all it doesn't sound like a lot to do but as the country song says "it takes me all night long to do what I used to do all night long." LOL

Location hidden

#10634 May 4, 2013
LOL! We could not put up a 7ft tall wood privacy fence with concreted posts if we wanted to! You guys must have stronger backs that we do!

The ring is CPJ060 and the earrings are EAG014

Location hidden

#10635 May 5, 2013
Copycat, We went thru a whole house remodel about six years ago and it took us close to a year to complete everything. Hubby did most of it except for adding on an addition which was a famly room. He did not install the metal roofing or the new windows and siding. Also we had a new front porch put on and the contaactor did all those jobs. We did everything else though and it was a MAJOR JOB!!! I said two things I would never do again is have a new house built by a contractor or remodel one that I am living in. Both of these feats are nightmares!! The contractor drug his feet and we had a house payment come due for a house that was not even finished on top of having to pay high rent. It was like paying out two house payments a month. Also,it is nearly impossible to ive in a house when you are remodeling the whole house.

Location hidden

#10636 May 5, 2013
Mrsdolittle, I agree, don't think I will be doing any more remodeling, it is hard work!!! But I know it will be worth it.

Location hidden

#10637 May 5, 2013
Nora, loved your ring and it was at a very good price, looks more expensive than what you paid.
Did you order the morganite pendant yet? What is the item number please?

Location hidden

#10638 May 5, 2013
The Morganite pendant is NBR047. I think all home repair jobs are harder work than you think. We may delay the start on our fence since the lawn is so muddy and we don't want their equipment to rut up the yard. The dogs would track in mud like no tomorrow. I'm glad the drought has ended anyway!

Mrs. Peacock, Do you own NBR047?

Location hidden

#10639 May 5, 2013
It does look great! Thanks Mrs. Dolittle!

Location hidden

#10640 May 6, 2013
Nora, saw you ring on one of the shows yesterday, it is beautiful, is it as big as it looks on TV?
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#10641 May 6, 2013
Hi ZaZa's,
I have been catching up on posts. I do not think I have written in at least a week and a half or so. It is hard to just chime in, and come in in the middle of conversations. But at least I got to read your posts. Nothing new here, at all. I am done teaching for this school year in about a month. I am so ready. Three work years after that, and then I can start my pension. It is hard to imagine three more years. Kids are fabulous, but I get pooped too easily....

Anyway, hi to all. Does anyone watch Bates Motel? I am gonna go watch it. Another very good show that is done for the season is "The Americans." A fabulous show...

Later, ladies....

Location hidden

#10642 May 6, 2013
Yes, Copythat, it is a big ring!!

Mrs. Poe, You chime in anytime you want! I don't watch Bates Motel.

One more month! I remember looking forward to summer so much!! I know I was just pooped after each day. One time I was pinching myself to stay awake while driving home!! I love retirement!!

Location hidden

#10643 May 7, 2013
Mrs. Poe, Great hearing from you :)) You post anytime you feel like it as I love reading your posts!

I have been watching Bates Motel from the first episode and I just realized last night that there are only two more shows left. I have enjoyed it immensely.

Have you bought anything from EBay recently? I just love hearing you describe what you buy as that period of time appeals to me very much. I would much rather have a nice piece of vintage jewelry than an of this new stuff anytime.

Location hidden

#10644 May 7, 2013
What's up with everyone today? It is finally 77 here and bright sunshine! What a great day!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 550,554
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Buck Crick 753,275
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min lisw 174,514
The Best and Worst Burgers 12 min Mariya 1
www.massage-dubai.info. Dubai Massage full ser... (Jan '14) 20 min dubaimassage 8
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 21 min yon 782
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 39 min Dorian_Gay 262,015
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Epiphany2 602,716

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE