mrsdotodo

Tampa, FL

#10520 Apr 19, 2013
this works great
Mrs_Poe

Niles, IL

#10521 Apr 19, 2013
ZaZa's,
Trying to catch up on posts....saying hi.

Copythat...I hope your husband is ok. I will be thinking of you.

Nora,
feel better!

Bella,
I looked back at an old post in which you described your home zoo. You are too funny. Do you still have 5 chihuahuas?

I am watching tv, and I think they just caught the second brother in Boston. What is happening to our world?

Chicago has had terrible flooding , but my area is fine and my house has not flooded...

Dinner time...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#10522 Apr 19, 2013
It was good they caught the 2nd brother. Such a relief. The joy of the people clapping for the police and the swift capture was good to see.

Copythat, I'm glad your husband is better!

Where is Mrs. Dolittle?

I'm much better today. Didn't feel much like eating but I did.

I'm set to watch the moissanite shows, color and carat. Doubtful if I will buy. Hubby wants me to get my jewelry insured and in a safe deposit box and I will.

Location hidden

#10523 Apr 20, 2013
Ladies, if you like Black Spinel, turn on ShopNBC. There is a whole lot of it on right now. Necklaces, bracelets, rings and earrings combined with other stones. I got 2 things already.

Bella, since you like big rings, check out 132-896 at ShopNBC. Almost 12 carats. Chuck compared it to a birthday cake!

Nora, glad you are feeling better. I think it will be VERY expensive to insure all of it. Pick out the most expensive pieces. The safe deposit box is a good idea.

I hope Shopping Gal and Mrs. Dolittle are OK. Getting concerned.

Mrs. Poe, I am glad you aren't affected by that horrible flooding.

Location hidden

#10524 Apr 20, 2013
Mrs.Peacock,
Just sent you a a $15 coupon I got via the Text Club.

Location hidden

#10525 Apr 20, 2013
Thanks, Bella. I guess they don't work on the TBV. I should have known. I tried to find a free shipping code, but couldn't.

Location hidden

#10526 Apr 20, 2013
I feel fine now. Must have been a virus.

We have paid ALL our credit card debts off!! Yeah!! Finally, finally, finally! Well, they will go to zeros when their next due dates come. Now to pay off the house.

We watched a lot of the coverage from Boston. What a sight to see the public cheer and clap as the firefighters, swat team and police went home.

Today I chopped out a shrub out front that has grown into a tangled mess. I have three rose bushes waiting to put in as soon as I get the old stuff out.

All of the moissanite looks so beautiful! Did you guys see Sharon modeling that $5000 yellow one? Too rich for my blood.

Location hidden

#10527 Apr 20, 2013
Nora, I missed the big yellow moissanite. How big was it?

I love roses, but I could never keep them. I guess the climate is too irratic here. It was 75 degrees at 2 AM when I finally went to bed on Friday morning. 24 hours later, it was 40 degrees colder! Tonight there are freeze warnings out.

I watched a lot of the coverage last night, too. I love that there was sort of an impromptu parade with all the people cheering. I am glad that it only took a few days to identify and catch the murderers. Great team work.

I hope they figure out what happened at that plant in TX. That is a MAJOR disaster. Those people were fine one minute and blown up in the next.

Location hidden

#10529 Apr 20, 2013
It was huge on Sharon. Knuckle to knuckle. It must have already sold out!

I loved the parade too!

Mrs. Dolittle told me she has a sinus infection and doesn't feel good enough to get up and post.

Most of the time, the US catches these people who do such horrible, evil things. The Okla. City bomber was caught the next day. The 9-11 goons were caught one by one. The Fort Hood man is in jail.

Location hidden

#10530 Apr 20, 2013
Wow, Nora. I wish I had remembered to record that first Moissanite show last night. I am recording this one that just started.

I ordered the rose gold plated ring that's the TBV. I want to try it one with my morganites to see how it looks. It's $65 off, so it's worth a shot.

Location hidden

#10531 Apr 20, 2013
The yellow ring was gorgeous ... But seemed WAY over priced for a 7 carat Moissanite set in Platineve. The Knuckle Dragger was over 13 carats with a center stone nearly as big. Just leery of putting that much in a coated stone in silver.

The green Cress Moussanite ring I returned because I did not like the mounting was over 7 carats and it was less than $1500. And it was not a coated stone. No way that ring should have been over $3000.

But is was gorgeous.:-) Why did Sharon keep saying one if a kind. There were 3 and two sold on line. Kinda misleading ...

Location hidden

#10532 Apr 20, 2013
Mrs.Peacock,
I really liked the rosé gold TBV.:-)

Location hidden

#10533 Apr 21, 2013
I was up not able to sleep and I watched my DVR'd show with Jen and Charles. He announced he is retiring the Sweet Pea Pink. Just wanted to let ya'll know while the selection is still good.

Location hidden

#10534 Apr 21, 2013
Bella, I heard him say that, too. However, I was wondering if he meant all of it, or just the round stones in plain settings---i.e. plain earrings and ring and pendant with no white stones around them. I hope it's not ALL pink, because I was waiting for the heart-shaped large studs.

I can't wait to see this rose areate setting. On TV, it looked like a nice color---not too pink. I have a 14kt rose gold morganite ring and several 10kt rose gold rings set with morganite and other stones like purple diamonds. I want to see how well the plating matches.

I was thinking about getting that matching 0.45ct channel moissanite band to match. I think I will wait until we have a 15% off coupon. It would be nice to be able to make a wedding set you could match to your other rings you might be wearing. That's what I do now with the platineve moissanite ring---I wear that one when I wear other rings in white metal. I wear my yellow gold champagne ring a lot when I wear other yellow gold.

So, who is shopping at Gem Week on ShopNBC? I have bought some drusy quartz earrings, crystal quartz with black spinel, a rainbow bracelet and that charm set from the other day.

Location hidden

#10535 Apr 21, 2013
Mrs.Peacock,
So how do you like the Rosé Aureate? Someone's husband called in and said his wife wanted a pink heart ring. So you are not the only who wants a large pink heart ring.:-)

Location hidden

#10536 Apr 21, 2013
Bella, I haven't bought anything before today with the rose aureate. I want to compare with my morganite rings and rose gold purple diamond beauty. I can see it now.....TBV Moissanite in rose aureate on the left hand and any number of rose metal rings on the right :). The one thing that I am sort of worried about is how thick the coating of the 14k is over the silver. No one mentioned how many microns or layers it is. I hope since Charles W is involved, that he put plenty of layers to last a lifetime.

Location hidden

#10537 Apr 21, 2013
He clarified that he was just retiring that particular pair/style of pink studs.

He and Jen are a hoot today. His first four hour show. He made it 3 hours and 18 minutes and they both started cracking up. LOL!! Very entertaining JTV. He was telling how JTV stress tests his jewelry. They take a bracelet and beat and bang on it to see if a stone falls out!

Location hidden

#10539 Apr 21, 2013
Bella, I saw some of that crack up. I recorded the show, so maybe I can see ALL of it tomorrow.

I wish they would say how the aureate relates to number of microns thickness of gold, though. The setting on the TBV is supposed to weigh 6 grams and be solid through and through. I can't wait to see.

I am going to be up late tonight because Chuck's daughter is going to have a 2 hour show with Chuck at 11 PM EST. I am probably not buying, but I want to see how Chuck reacts. He may get emotional.

Location hidden

#10542 Apr 22, 2013
Where is everyone?

Mrs.Peacock,
So was Chuck's daughter's jewelry premier?

Location hidden

#10543 Apr 23, 2013
Bella, it was cute to see how Chuck reacted to some of the photos of her over the years. He got choked up over a phone caller, too. Really sweet. I might have bought the bangle TTV, but I would have preferred if they were vermeil. All silver wasn't that appealing.

I did see something I really liked yesterday (not from Chuck), but I can't afford to get it right now. It was a sea horse ring and pendant. So cute. I hope they bring them back in the future.

This morning there is an all amber hour and all morganite after that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Aura Mytha 88,384
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Crow 977,437
"I LOVE YOU Eva' 5 min Doctor REALITY 3
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 12 min Insults Are Easier 627
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min AussieBobby 284,624
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 37 min X Pendable 184,770
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 38 min truth 665,473
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 3 hr Lonestar 255
More from around the web