Birdies group

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#10298 Mar 27, 2013
Jewelers used rose cuts for diamonds back at the turn of the century, didn't they?

I can not believe the snow you all have had. It has not snowed here. Right now it is clear and sunny and finally warmer.

Location hidden

#10299 Mar 27, 2013
Nora,
Yes, the rosé cut is a really old cut that was seen before the more faceted cuts were able to be done.

Location hidden

#10300 Mar 27, 2013
I too felt that the rose cut was a strange choice for moissanite, but I am looking forward to seeing it on tv. I have never been a big fan of the rose cut in diamonds but moissanite might just be the stone for it, guess we'll soon know.
Yes the rose cut was very popular at the turn of the century, were they doing any other cuts at the time?

Location hidden

#10301 Mar 27, 2013
CopyThat,
Emailed you ladies a picture of the older diamond cuts and their history.

Location hidden

#10302 Mar 28, 2013
Interesting stuff on the diamond cuts, Bella. I think the more facets the better seems to make the biggest bling these days! Have you seen the extra faceted diamonds at the mall jewerly stores like Kay, Zales, Helzberg? I own a couple Leo ones from Kay that are pretty nice. No big solitaires, though :(.

Well, the weather is improving, but it's still cold here. It's going to be in the low 40's today and the snow is melting. However,Easter is expected to be a washout with lots of rain.

Location hidden

#10303 Mar 28, 2013
I do not have any solitaires from Zales or Kay. But I do find the history of the various cuts interesting.

The weather here is warmer too. It was up in the 50s around noon. And our Easter weekend is going to be rain and more rain.:-(

Location hidden

#10304 Mar 28, 2013
I noticed some new Moissanite Fire pieces in YG over silver.

Location hidden

#10305 Mar 28, 2013
Bella, there were some moissanites in rose aureate, too. I guess Charles is branching out. I am still waiting for the big pink hearts to come around. Also, the yellow moissanite.
Mrs_Poe

Niles, IL

#10306 Mar 28, 2013
Ladies,
I own three rose cut, Victorian diamond rings. The old rose cuts are utterly dreamy. Exquisite. They were hand cut, before machinery, and so interesting and feminine. If you want to see something interesting, look up navette diamond rings, and you would probably see the original Victorian rose cuts. They may be on EBay. I have a rose cut solitaire diamond that is 6mm on the surface, but has no culette at all. Like a diamond slice. It is fascinating. Rose cuts are my favorite, and hard to come by. They are practically non existant even at antique shows...

Bella,
Thanks for asking about the animals. They are all fine, and amuse us entirely. The cats are afraid of my red Eclectus, Scarlet. They run away from her, which is a hoot. How is your zoo?

I gotta run. Dinner is ready....

Location hidden

#10307 Mar 29, 2013
Mrs.Poe,
My zoo is thriving. The girls have even adopted two special need hamsters.:-)

Location hidden

#10308 Mar 29, 2013
Has anyone tried to order anything from the sample sale? Some items will take the discount off and others will only give you the $15.00 off I am so frustrated with KTV, there is a ring I have wanted for a long time on the sale and all I can get off of it is $15, I was going to splurge and get it but don't guess I will since I don't want to go to the hassle of calling in after I have placed an order online, they need to get their act together!!!!!
Sorry I guess I just needed to vent.

I am wondering if the mayur cut might be somthing of a collectors item, especially if they don't cut very many of them, I also noticed they have a pair of earrings with that cut.

Bella, what kind of special needs do your hamsters have?:)

Location hidden

#10309 Mar 29, 2013
CopyThat,
They to just issue good coupons and dump the blanket cr#p because their programmers can never get it right. The blanket cr#p always messed up coupons and sample sales.

Which ring did you get?:)

One hamster only has three legs and one has a different head shape ... Like a Down's syndrome hamster.

Location hidden

#10310 Mar 29, 2013
I wanted to get SEW011, I love that ring and have wanted it for a while now, just don't want the hassle of having to call CS to get what I should be getting with out any problems, an item with a 20% discount. With other items in the sample sale you get the 20% as long as you put something else in the cart that is $100 or over, but with the SEW ring all you get is the $15 off, that doesn't make any sence at all!!!

Where did you find those poor hamsters, at least they have a greaat home at your house, they hit the jackpot when they came to your family.

Location hidden

#10311 Mar 29, 2013
HI, ladies!

I didn't get the sample sale email. When did it come? Can one of you forward to me?

Copythat, the ring you want is very nice. Maybe the live chat person can help with why the 20% isn't coming off?

Poor little hamsters...I know they are in good hands, Bella :)!

Location hidden

#10312 Mar 29, 2013
Mrspeacock, sending you an email, go check.
Nora2

United States

#10313 Mar 29, 2013
I did not get a sample sale email either. As of today my Preferred Card has a zero balance!!! First time in years & years!!!

Location hidden

#10314 Mar 30, 2013
Happy Easter, my dear friends! Hope you have a wonderful day with family! I am looking forward to seeing mine since I really haven't seen them since Christmas (other than from my hospital room :().

I am getting pretty sleepy, so goodnight!

Location hidden

#10315 Mar 31, 2013
Happy Easter to my internet friends, glad to have all of you in my life!! Hope everyone has a blessed day!

I hope this will post as my computer updated my browser Fri. night and EVERYTHING is messed up, can't even get into my emails, my grandson is going to come up this afternoon and help me with it.
Mrs_Poe

Niles, IL

#10316 Mar 31, 2013
ZaZas,
Happy Easter to all. I hope someone ate a good ham. Yum....my mom used to make the best.

And good health to the hamsters!!
Bella, your daughters are kind!

Location hidden

#10317 Mar 31, 2013
The KTV site says 15% off, but if you add something to the cart, it only takes $15 off. Why can't they get it right? I am so disappointed in them again.

Hope your Easter was really nice. My Mom didn't want ham this year, so we had turkey breast and fixings. Tasty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Jim-ca 51,943
Trump’s assault on the environment — a year in ... 8 min onemale1 3
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 56 min Tony 6,739
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 693,241
the REAL "Point of Accountability": JESUS CHRIST 5 hr Doctor REALITY 4
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 6 hr Doctor REALITY 19
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 hr RiccardoFire 46,344
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr Holy Pipek 991,982
More from around the web