Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#10177 Mar 12, 2013
I think that was suppossed to be "gnats". oh well.

Location hidden

#10178 Mar 12, 2013
Nora, I wouldn't be able to go with him, unless it was a private jet or something. I doubt that would happen. I guess this experience will be good for him even without money. It's just that we could use the money with all the hospital and doctors bills.

Bella, I get lonely when he's just gone one night. If he went to China or Japan, I am sure it would be at least a week alone. I can't sleep well without him :(. They get a lot of raw materials from overseas in Europe and Japan, so I bet he goes away for long stretches.

Location hidden

#10179 Mar 12, 2013
Copythat, I meant that Nora comment for you! I am sorry about that.

Location hidden

#10180 Mar 12, 2013
CopyThat,
Those floaters are annoying.

MrsPeacock,
I never sleep well when my Hubby is gone.

I think it will be until we get rid of Obama in four years when a different President is elected, before we have any hope of returning to an Employees' Market. Employers know they can take advantage of their employees, a lot of whom who are just grateful to hang on to their jobs in this horrible economy.

Location hidden

#10181 Mar 12, 2013
Yes, Bella, you are right about the job security. I know he isn't anxious to leave the place he works. I think it's also because of his age. Maybe he doesn't think he will be able to go somewhere else because they won't want to hire someone in their 50's when they can get someone younger for less $$$.

He made it home OK. I am glad for that. I hate to think about all the things that can go wrong on trips.

So, I guess I will be heading to sleep early tonight because I didn't sleep much last night. Sweet dreams, ladies!

Location hidden

#10182 Mar 13, 2013
I got my preowned opal. Not sure about it. Doesn't seem to have as much play of color for an ethiopian opal. I will try cleaning it to see if that helps. If not, I guess it's going back.

Location hidden

#10183 Mar 13, 2013
So sorry Mrspeacock that it is a dissapointment, I hate it when that happens, maybe a good cleaning is all it needs.
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#10184 Mar 13, 2013
Bella,
A detached retina can be serious business, so thank God your husband does not have that. But he checks his eyes again in a month or so?

So you are liking moissonite? I think it can be beautiful if set well. I just am too cheap to buy it because I know with all my selling and trading, I'd probably eventually want to trade up, and not get what I paid for it. I always look at the selling and trading potential of what I have. That's the fun part for me.

Anyway, gonna go vacuum. Never a dull moment...

Location hidden

#10185 Mar 14, 2013
Copythat, I hope that all of the preowned aren't this way. I ordered something else yesterday, and I wonder if it will be scratched up or dull. I hope not. The shipping back and forth costs a lot of money.

Mrs. Poe, I can see why you wouldn't want moissanite since you trade a lot. It is nice if you want big diamond looking pieces without the cost. I love mine. Even the pink!

Well, ladies, today I have to go back to see the blood doctor. It's about 2 months since I got out of the hospital. He is going to run some blood tests that I won't get the results from for a while. I hope all goes well. I have been trying to lose weight, since that is really my biggest problem. I think I am down 8 pounds since last month.

Location hidden

#10186 Mar 14, 2013
Mrspeacock, it is very expensive to send things back, when I was ordering a lot of items a few years ago, I would easily spend $100-150 a month just sending items back, over a years time, that really adds up.
Good luck at the Drs today, I pray everything will come out well, and congrats on losing the weight, I have to lose some but it's SOOO HARD!

Location hidden

#10187 Mar 14, 2013
Sorry... Very absorbed with news coverage yesterday.

Mrs.Peacock,
Bummer on the opal. Opal is the one stone I am Leary up order as there can be such variation in the play of color. I hope your blood checkup goes well.

Mrs.Poe,
Hubby goes back to doctor in 30 days for a recheck.

CopyThat,
The shipping back is expensive if it it s major purchase. They only give smart labels for the cheaper stuff. I guess they want you to pay the insurance for the expensive stuff.

Location hidden

#10188 Mar 14, 2013
Back from the doctors. All went OK. I won't get the test results back for a while. Actually, they told me they would only call if it was bad. My regular INR number for coagulation was good. My white, red blood cells, platelets, etc. is all normal. So, as long as I hear nothing, I won't have to see the Doc for 3 months. I still have to get the INR finger stick test every 3 weeks.

So, I am relieved to be home again. I got my black spinel Statify bracelet that I ordered on Sun when they had the $20 coupon that worked on clearance. The bracelet is really nice and heavy. It seems to be made really well.

Location hidden

#10189 Mar 14, 2013
Really glad to hear the good news from your Dr. visit, hopefully you won't hear anything and you won't have to go for 3 months.
Congrats on the bracelet, did you decide to return the opal ring?

Location hidden

#10190 Mar 14, 2013
Mrs.Peacock,
That is great news on your checkup. You are doing great with your diet too.:)

I was sure that bracelet would be a winner.

Location hidden

#10191 Mar 14, 2013
Copythat and Bella, thanks for the encouragement. It's a struggle for me to lose weight, but at least I have a realllly good reason---not to end up in the hospital again!

The stratify bracelet is nice. Maybe I will try more of that if we get more coupons.

Are there any big events coming on KTV this weekend? Today seems to be Diamond Chic, Pearls and Silver.

Location hidden

#10192 Mar 14, 2013
I started writing a post and something happened and it vanished! I need to lose weight badly! I have gained 60 pounds since 1989.

I love your bracelet Mrs. Peacock! It looked splendid on the web site! I know how those Ethopian opals can vary. Some have lots of play of color and others are plain Jane.

I've been working on taxes for days! I am finished with Dad's and have started on ours. Two migraines in two days.

Location hidden

#10193 Mar 15, 2013
Where is everyone today? It is beautiful here. 57 already! I should get outside and garden!

I'm still looking at KTV on line sometimes but see nothing I would buy without a coupon. Those nice coupons just were enough to push me over the edge.

I still have piles of paper around me to work on taxes. Yesterday I got yet another 1099! Now I thought by law they all had to be mailed by Feb.

Location hidden

#10194 Mar 15, 2013
Mrs Poe, Are you still using Sensa? Does it work?

Location hidden

#10195 Mar 15, 2013
Mrs.Peacock,
There is a Spring Designer Day in March 21st. One if the designers is Tony Malvagna. Has your black diamond ring shipped yet?

Nora,
We just mailed off our taxes today. What a relief!
You should complain to whomever sent that form out late. I think by law they have to send them out by a certain date.

It is beautiful here too. Still no JTV coupons to tempt me to buy anything. They will certainly loose me as a Platinum customer at this rate. I do not really care as it is pretty much a worthless perk.

Location hidden

#10196 Mar 15, 2013
Bella and Nora, I am still working on my taxes. Certain forms like brokerage account 1099s don't have to be mailed out until mid March. That's why I can't even start mine until now. I don't think we will get a refund at all this year.

Bella, they did mail out my ring. Maybe I will get it tomorrow.

The Tony Malvagna day is the same day that ShopNBC kicks off their Gem Day. Coincidence? I don't know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Pokay 269,137
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min New Age Spiritual... 574,672
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 810,731
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min lil whispers 608,323
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 19 min set free in truth 39,678
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 31 min seenthisside 1,041
China warns U.S. against weapon sales to Taiwan (Jan '10) 46 min -TheExam- 3,938
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 hr Rosa_Winkel 97,936
More from around the web