Birdies group

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#10117 Mar 6, 2013
Mrs P. I live on the EAST side of the state and we could be without power for 24 hours or longer. I am thankful that we have a generator and propane fire logs to help us thru this. The snow is still coming down heavy :(((

Location hidden

#10118 Mar 6, 2013
Mrs. Dolittle, you are in for a lot of snow. Stay safe and warm. I hope your power comes on today sometime. I hope your MIL is safe, also.

I am glad ours wasn't as bad as they said.

If anyone is interested, KTV has a special until 3PM EST---$10 off $100 or $15 off $150. Not the 15% it used to be----just $15.

Things are looking bleak for my shopping at KTV.

Location hidden

#10119 Mar 6, 2013
Mrs.Dolittle,
I hope you get your power back on soon. Bummer you are getting so hammered with bad weather. I hope those logs can keep you warm.

Mrs.Peacock,
I agree with all those MEM pieces popping up the coupon picture looks pretty grim. These MEM are not probably returned Frank pieces that they want to unload either. Glad to hear your snow accumulation was not as bad as predicted.

Location hidden

#10120 Mar 6, 2013
BTW, most if those new MEM pieces are a 6 1/2.
And JTV offers no sizing on them. Another reason they will not sell like gangbusters.

Location hidden

#10121 Mar 6, 2013
Hey! We have a whopping $15 off you can take on those MEM items! What a deal!(She said sarcastically).

I can't imagine spending $1000, let alone $4000 or more, on those MEM items. Who are they catering to?

I was watching that Gem Shopping Network again yesterday. They have a natural pink radiant cut diamond set in a ring for $49,000. It's a 75 pointer with great color. If only I could afford that one. Wow!!

Location hidden

#10122 Mar 6, 2013
Mrs. Dolittle, let us know how you are doing. Do you have power? I hope you are keeping warm.

There are some high-end pre--- up right now. Diamonds in gold, gemstones in gold, moissanite elite pieces. Check them out. If I had a coupon that worked, I may have been tempted, but not the way things are.

Location hidden

#10123 Mar 6, 2013
Those are the best preowns that I have seen in long time. I agree with Mrs.Dolittle though in that the worst move JTV has made is prohibiting the use if coupons (when we have them) on the preowns.

Mrs.Peacock,
No way would I spend $49,000 on a ring from a shopping network... Much less one with nightmare return stories like that one has. Bet it was pretty though.:). I would have trusted the one CW was selling though.

Mrs.Dolittle,
I hope your power is back on!

Location hidden

#10124 Mar 7, 2013
I bought a preowned opal ring, because it was one I really wanted from back when we DID have coupons. I was blocked from using that last 20% coupon in Jan by those blanket deals, and that was the one ring I wanted to buy. It is the pre13766. It was only a size 7, but I bought it anyway. Half price makes it worth it to me.

Bella, were you tempted by some of those big diamonds? I saw a black diamond ring and a yellow gold Moissanite ring that I liked, but I don't want to be spending that much money for now.

Location hidden

#10125 Mar 7, 2013
I got my power back on around noon yesterday and I was thankful for that.

My sister in Va. got 20.5 inches of snow, it was on the national news last night.

Location hidden

#10126 Mar 7, 2013
Mrs.Peacock,
This batch of preowns are pretty impressive. That opal ring is lovely.:)
Mrs.Dolittle,
Glad to hear your power is back on! 20.5 inches!!! That is more snow than I have ever seen!
Aren't we getting close to hearing what the big announcement is from CW?

Location hidden

#10127 Mar 7, 2013
That gold Moissanite ring looks to be the same style I sent back at Christmas and eventually got the larger WG version. It is a very pretty ring. Good stuff. Not a black diamond fan. Plus after buying the 7 carat Moissanite Fire piece at full price, I just am not buying till a good coupon comes or Mothers Day. I was looking at how much those coupons have saved me over the past two years. Just not doing a major purchase without one.

Location hidden

#10128 Mar 7, 2013
Yeah, that's what stopped me from the big moissanite and black diamond ring. I didn't want to spend that much with nothing back from a coupon.

I love the opal, and I was mad I missed out on it last time. The same reason I got that champagne pendant on preowned, even though there wasn't a coupon. I really wanted that item.

Mrs. Dolittle, I am glad you have power again. Your poor sister. I think the most snow we had in one day was 18 inches. However, the wind made drifts of 3-4 feet against the house and buried the cars. That is really being SNOWED IN!

Location hidden

#10129 Mar 7, 2013
Free shipping at KTV now. Figures.....if I had waited a couple hours, I could have saved $7.

Location hidden

#10130 Mar 7, 2013
Mrsdolittle, glad you got your power back, too cold to be without it now, is your sister alright?

I noticed that NBC is finally having another moissanite show and they have put a few new pieces in. Sometimes during the show they have some really good deals, the shows are Sat, 11am est and 12 pm est, I will be watching, don't know if I will buy unless they have some of those good deals.
Shoppinggal

Marlette, MI

#10131 Mar 7, 2013
MRSDOLITTLE....glad to know that you have your power back on and you are safe and sound. The storm went below us so we lucked out.

They had a nice assortment of preowns but I didn't buy one thing. I just can't believe they haven't had any good coupons.

MRSPEACOCK....your new opal ring is very nice.

Location hidden

#10132 Mar 7, 2013
Shopping Gal, good to hear from you! I was wondering if you got buried in the snow, too. I am glad ours wasn't that bad. It will melt by Sat. It's supposed to get into the 50's!

I wonder if some of us posted comments directly to the JTV hosts (like Nikki,Misty,Jen,Robert and anyone else that has been there a long time) on Facebook that we are very disappointed that there aren't any 15-20% off coupons anymore if they would pass that info along? It may work if as many of us as possible did it. What do you all think?

Location hidden

#10133 Mar 7, 2013
Copycat, My sister is fine. Her next door neighbor used the snow blower and cleared her driveway for her so that was nice of him.

Location hidden

#10134 Mar 7, 2013
That is a beautiful opal ring, Mrs Peacock.

As far as coupons, I don't think the hosts have any say in the matter. The price set depends on the amount of profit they must have. Now they could raise their prices to accommodatea 20% coupon but who wants that?

I'm glad your power is back on!! It is too cold to do without power!!

Location hidden

#10135 Mar 7, 2013
Do they still have that comments forum on Facebook? Dana used to answer questions. We could post there. But I cannot find it. Did JTV remove it from their Facebook page?

Location hidden

#10136 Mar 7, 2013
Bella, it looks like people just post on the wall. Someone named Steve posted asking for 20% off coupons. Someone called JTVLaura posted back about the free shipping promotion.

I was just thinking that the hosts may be more inclined to listen since they are in touch with the customers more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 min Bella Italia 40,721
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Burke Devlin 855,687
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 min ChristineM 444,360
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Estelle 596,661
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min Bella Italia 612,647
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 33 min USaWarringIDIOTSo... 177,219
LOUD CRYIN' SPOILED Black Kids in Wal Mart!!!!! 56 min SouthernBelle 65
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr -Alan S Shole- 1,062
More from around the web