Birdies group

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#989 Jul 26, 2011
Mrs. Dolittle,
Congrats on the auction. How fun! Always exciting!
As far as the 24k gold ring that I want, my husband Stu is telling me to call again, and complain again. But who would I complain to? Some helpless customer care person who happens to get my call? I guess I am just gonna forget about it, and know that the ring is out of reach. I wouldn't buy it just on principal. It's only a touch over 10 grams of gold, and is selling for over one thousand bucks. The markup is nuts....

Location hidden

#990 Jul 26, 2011
Mrs. Dolittle, that's great you won the auction. What did you get it for? I am thinking of bidding on the same one. I have a ring that matches.

Mrs. Poe, how can 24kt jewelry not be too soft? It seems like that pure, it wouldn't be sturdy. I am curious as I have never seen it in person.

Copythat, I got an email that my tree is being shipped tonight. I don't know if it will still get here this week, though. Wouldn't it be nice to have it so fast? Even though Christmas is not for a long time, I just like knowing it's here in my house ready to go.

Bella, I would be constantly be running to the bank if I had all those safety deposit boxes. I couldn't stand to be without all the bling for very long, LOL!

Location hidden

#991 Jul 26, 2011
Mrs. Peacock,
The 24k seems to be fine in jewelry, although it does get somewhat scratched. I don't wear it if I am gonna garden or do anything rough with my hands. I have no idea why it is wearable, but it is. I happen to adore it, and own a lot from Shop NBC, but I bought most of it many years ago. It is cost prohibitive now.

Location hidden

#992 Jul 26, 2011
I don't wear any rings while cleaning, gardening, or washing anything! One time my mother was doing laundry. She looked down and noticed her diamond was gone from her engagement ring. Dad took apart the washing machine and FOUND it at the bottom!! It is 3/4 carat I think and gorgeous. She passed it on to me. I sure miss my mother!

Location hidden

#993 Jul 26, 2011
http://youtu.be/mGrQTRcxdTo

Nora likes this!

Location hidden

#994 Jul 26, 2011
MRSDOLITTLE....Congrats on winning that opal pendant! It looks like it will be really nice.

MRSPOE....That is something about that 24K on ShopNBC. You're lucky to have 24K pieces. About another $100 an ounce for gold and it will be just about the same price as platinum.

MRSPEACOCK & COPYTHAT....I'm jealous of you two and those nice Christmas trees you ordered. I think a nice big tree like that looks so much more like Christmas than those little tabletop trees do, but they are just too much for me to handle anymore.

NORA....Those opals you are collecting are really beautiful. I ordered an opal ring from preowns the other day for a good price as I used the $15 coupon. My total was $121.12. Item PRE3271. I just hope it's nice. It was shipped the same day I ordered it.

Location hidden

#995 Jul 26, 2011
NORA....I miss my mother too. She was my best friend.

Location hidden

#996 Jul 26, 2011
Mrs.Peacock,
One bank within a mile. The other within 2. Open on Saturday. No problemo.
My Dad had four boxes where his house was. It has been a major consolidation as it is. He even had my Grandfather's WW1 army discharge papers in there.:-)

Mrs.Dolittle,
Congrats on winning the auction.:-)

Location hidden

#997 Jul 26, 2011
MrsPeacock, I got it for $120, not bad for such a nice pendant. I sure hope the opal has a vivid play of color though! Hope you win the ohter one. It is hard to find earrings in the white gold, seems all are in the yellow gold. They had a pair on the regular website but they are studs and only one good review and one negative.

Location hidden

#998 Jul 26, 2011
MrsD-Congrats on the auction win!!I am still waiting for the 3 things I bought on pre owns.I was lucky and have never been in the catch 22 that is played with shipping.I have 2 that says shipped and has tracking numbers but when I check them it says no number found??Has anyone had that happen to them?The chrome ring says something about warehouse??I guess they will get here when they get here.

Bella,you are one lucky chickie!I wish I could afford to buy bling ALL the time.They would be calling me diamond Lil.I don't know how you keep track of what is where.I'd have to have it programmed into ipod or something.I enjoy seeing what you are going to buy next.Have you tried the auctions.They are VERY addicting.

MrsPeacock you must tell me when you get your tapestry.You also need to take pic of your tree.They are very nice trees.I just wish I had the spirit to decorate.When mom died on Christmas day that was the end of my spirit.I have had too many close relatives die in December.Love the meaning of Christmas.I use to decorate the outside of our house for each season.The walker keeps me from doing all that now and I miss doing it.

Nora you will have all of us buying opals.Two of the items I'm waiting on is opal w/tanzy around it-ring and necklace.I've seen some I think I like better-red stones and I can't remember what they were.I guess they can go back if I don't like them.The pendant that Mrs D got on auction looks pretty.I have a boat load of semi mounts that I bought years ago and one of them has rubellite stones on each side,I may try getting a loose opal.My luck it wouldn't have all the color changes you have been able to get.

I need to catch up on what the rest of the flock is into.I hope I haven't missed too much by doing the camping thing.It is a lot of work even after you come home because you have a ton of laundry to do.I get finshed in time to go again.My hubby likes to go so that is all that matters.He went to bed at 7:30 with a stomach ache.Sure hope he is not coming down with something.He doesn't do sick very well and you all probably get what I am saying.Going to try to go to bed and I'll catch everyone in a little while.It's about time for another batch of pre owns.See ya in a few!!!

Location hidden

#999 Jul 27, 2011
mrsme,
The day the item is invoiced and prior to being picked up by post office, it will say no number found. The next day mine say something about being sorted in Knoxville. On the third morning the scan says usually says scanned in my home town.
Your tracking should see the number tomorrow.:-)

Location hidden

#1000 Jul 27, 2011
There is a Pre-owned Diamond 3.00ctw Invisible Set Princess Cut With Round And Baguette 14k White Gold Ring PRE3484 in a size 7.5.

Location hidden

#1001 Jul 27, 2011
MrsPeacock, on the opal pendant that I won I just bidded using the automatic bidder and just put in $120 for my max bid and let it do all the bidding for me. If I were you I would do the same on that other pendant and you may very well get it!

Location hidden

#1002 Jul 27, 2011
Where are all the ya yas today, sleeping???

Location hidden

#1003 Jul 27, 2011
Mrspeacock, my email said my tree shipped Monday, I'm going to open that sucker up and put it up as soon as it gets here, make sure that it is as easy to put up as they say, otherwise it's a waste of money for me, since that is the reasn that I bought it, so I could put it up when I wanted to not when someone else (who shall remain "nameless") wants to. I also want to make sure that everything works, can't wait.

Shoppinggal, that is the reason that I purchased the tree, so hopefully I will have a big, beautiful tree that I CAN manage, will let everyuone know soon, I hope.

Congrats to everyone that is picking up on such beautiful jewelry!!

Location hidden

#1004 Jul 27, 2011
Mrs. Dolittle....I'm here. Just sleepy. Woke up with bad dreams last night about 3:40AM, and I had a hard time getting back to sleep. Got up about 6:50AM with a stiff neck. Dragging today. Anyway, I will try hard to get that opal pendant, too.

Bella, I can hardly get my hubby to go to the grocery store. He would never go to the bank with me to get in and out of the safety dep box. You are lucky to have a hubby that will go with you. I wouldn't want to be "carrying" alone.

Mrs Me2, I will take pics of the tree and tapestry. It should get here soon.

Nora, I love that new opal. Gorgeous. There are a couple pairs of those opal earrings I mentioned yesterday on auctions....just a thought.

Shopping Gal, I know I will regret having all this new Christmas stuff because I have no idea where it fit into storage. We have to get rid of older things.

Location hidden

#1005 Jul 27, 2011
MrsD, how is your brother-in-law, haven't heard you say lately?

Bella, couldn't find your cheat sheet list for gram weights, what is the gram weight on the 2 ctw DJC-095?

Location hidden

#1006 Jul 27, 2011
Copythat, me too. I wanted it for the easy installation. Also, I do not have a tree that has the lights on already. I hate the light stringing. Last year was THE worst exoerience with the lights. I almost didn't put up the tree.
Broadway Baby

Ossining, NY

#1007 Jul 27, 2011
Ladies, I have some advice for you based on family experience. Bella, your dad was so smart to keep those service papers. When my dad died, everything cost more than it had to because no one knew where his service papers were. If you have a vet in the family, keep those papers close at hand, just in case.

As for this nonsense about "KTV" trying to make us feel bad for sharing discount codes, this is pure RUBBISH. In this economy, they should be doing whatever it takes to attract customers: discount codes, free s&H, many more specials. For them to sulk like little girls is ridiculous. Who's running the show, 12 year olds?

They'd better get smart, or they'll be going the way of Borders. They also lost track of who keeps them in business; for example, they made it very difficult to do returns, took away chairs in their stores, made customers pay in advance for certain orders. So now, Bye-bye.

Dollars are tight; there's a lot of competition out there. The customer is Queen. Wise up.

Location hidden

#1008 Jul 27, 2011
Copycat, my brother-in-law is not doing good at all, hospice is now coming to see him. I feel so bad for my sister having to go thru this pain and suffering.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any gay / bi guys wanna sext (Apr '12) 3 min George Jospeh 22
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min NotSoDivineMsM 72,999
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Gabriel 995,183
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 20 min Dang Jersey Piney 447,508
My wife and I are thinking of starting a business 1 hr tommy64 1
My ex-girlfriend and I dated for about 4 years 1 hr blake04 1
Bj 2 hr Jackie 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Michael 699,664