Birdies group

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#10057 Feb 27, 2013
I might get a nice JTV piece for my Anniversary or Christmas, but that is all. A far cry from the business I have given to them over the past two years. I think good coupons on to use on red carpet jewelry are a thing of the past.

I still enjoy watching if for no other reason is a gemstone education. I could watch Robert sell a lump of coal. ;). They were hawking that ultra expensive red carpet pieces tonight and not getting many bites even for the 5 carat and less pieces they were selling. Now they will see how no coupons will affect sales. Museum quality dies not sell like gangbusters in this economy. Especially without coupons

Location hidden

#10058 Feb 28, 2013
Oh, I missed the Red Carpet stuff? When was that on? I would have wanted to see that stuff live, even if I would never buy it. Was it really all that much nicer than their regular morganite?

I watched some of that Gem Shopping Network. It seems a little shady. I don't know what their return policy is or anything. They do a lot of one on one deals off air, so you never know what a piece sells for. Seems like the EARLY days of KTV when they were ACN. They did a lot of pricing games, call-in prices, live auctions, etc. The only things you know the price for is a turntable that says everything $595 or $2500,etc. You still can't tell what all the stuff is on those turntables because they go fast and there is a lot of product on there.

Location hidden

#10059 Feb 28, 2013
I found Gem Shopping Network fun to watch but I would not order after reading these horror stories.
https://www.ripoffreport.com/directory/Gem-Sh ...

Mrs.Peacock,
They showed MEM213, MEM193, MEM214, and MEM216. All these pieces were limited quantities. They did not show any of the larger one-onlys.

They did have super nice color (but I have rings with lesser mountings that have good color). Hard to tell in the diamonds. I would need to see them.

I have already seen the first ring listed on Misty's show that is on now.

Location hidden

#10060 Feb 28, 2013
Obviously the heavier mountings in 14K gold is the main reason for the high prices. The mounting for this puppy is like a tank. MEM190

Not sure I like the black rhodium on the champagne diamonds on some of the MEM pieces.

With Tanzy pretty much down to a drivel and Core De Rosa not being mined, wonder what JTV will do when their most popular color gemstone is gone. Ethiopian Opal and Chrome mines are sucking wind too.

Location hidden

#10061 Feb 28, 2013
Mrs.Peacock has heard the Sleeping Beauty turquoise mine has closed. Bolivia is not letting rough being exported.

I bet we are going to see a lot more lab created stones. The brick and mortar stores have already gone that direction.

On the cheerful side I got an email CW has four Moissanite Fire shows this Saturday.

Location hidden

#10062 Feb 28, 2013
I saw a ring that Chuck sells all the time on KTV with Misty just after 10AM. It was item MEM213. Chuck had it on his Tucson show again for somewhere in the $1300's. It's a popular ring.

I have plenty of morganites, too, in less fancy mountings. I have to stop myself from buying more. I bought a morganite stack ring in rose vermeil from Chuck last weekend only because it's a perfect fit with the others I have from him.

Today I am expecting my big package of goodies from ShopNBC's event. Wouldn't you know it's about the same time I have to get my blood checked? I may miss the delivery. I hope it doesn't get lost.

ShopNBC gave me credit for returning that bracelet this morning. I don't know if they actually received it, or if they gave me the credit based on my emails telling them I returned it on Feb 16 at the post office. I hope they did actually get it back.

Location hidden

#10063 Feb 28, 2013
Bummer about being gone during the possible delivery of your goodies. What do you have coming?:-)

Those two rings look identical with the same mountings. I could not find country if origin for the Morganite. I wonder if Chuck's is Brazillian and JTV's is Cor de Rosa. Big Chuck's is Cor De Rosa (African) ja has to get the stones's via JTV or a
Collector/Source that bought them from JTV as JTV has exclusive rights to that mine, I think.(??)

If they are all Chuck pieces is he fixing to switch to JTV just a Charles did from ShopNBC? Just wondering ...

Location hidden

#10064 Feb 28, 2013
Bella, Chuck wouldn't leave ShopNBC. He's big cheese over there. He mentioned retiring in a few years.

I am glad they got Charles away from ShopNBC. He's doing Moissanite here, but I think he was doing only CZ at ShopNBC.

I have noticed that KTV has put their brand names on merchandise they BOUGHT thru Dennis on closeout. It's possible that morganite ring MEM213 that Chuck sells could have Brazilian morganite, but KTV put their Cor De Rosa name on it. I have seen them numerous times call Dennis closeout pieces in CZ Bella Luce, even though they are NOT made by KTV.

I am expecting the Sleeping Beauties, Neon Apatite, the Spinner ring and a drusy from ShopNBC. Lucky for me, the UPS man hasn't come yet. Oh, and the Initial Pendant with the little lady bug and flowers should be in there :).

Location hidden

#10065 Feb 28, 2013
Sounds like some great goodies coming. You will have to send some pictures. .:-). I wish Chuck would list the place of origin of the gemstones like JTV. It would be interesting to see if. It was Brazil or Mozambique.

Location hidden

#10066 Feb 28, 2013
I wish KTV had a request line or email that we could ask for jewelry designs we want. They have their own factories and could make the designs cheaper than Chuck can. I like that he asks for and makes what people want. It's a very direct relationship which KTV lacks now that they have gotten so big.

Location hidden

#10067 Feb 28, 2013
I think with Tony Malvagna, Pamela Mccoy, CW, and other designers there is an dialog with customers. Jen, Nikki, and Robert seem to take wishes and requests via email and FB they pass on. The frustrating is the entire jewelry industry is having to downgrade consumer expectations for certain price points.

Even Walmart is struggling in this economy. JC Penney lowest sales in decades. The economy is in the crapper.:-(

Location hidden

#10068 Feb 28, 2013
My hubby got paid today---he only does once a month. Anyway, the amount was smaller than last month. They had already changed the tax rollback stuff last month, so it wasn't that. We got some sort of extra fee reimbursement last month that, at the time, I didn't really notice. What it amounts to is the huge $30 (thirty) raise per month he got was really only a $15 a month raise! Thanks to the government, we are not making any more even though hubby got a 3.5% raise. Lovely. I was joking about the $30 last month. Now the reality of $15 a month is only $0.50 a day! Come on! Taxes suck!

Location hidden

#10069 Feb 28, 2013
Mrs.Peacock ,
Welcome to the new normal. Obama will be glad to take all the raises and them some. He is already eyeing the IRAs too.

Location hidden

#10070 Feb 28, 2013
Bella, I heard that about 401k's. That scares me more than anything.

Location hidden

#10071 Feb 28, 2013
The Color and Karat with Jen tonight had two more MEM morganite ring. Very pretty. They seem to be selling some of the pieces that are not one of a kind. I have not seen any of the approximately 12 to 13 carat one of a kind pieces. There were three that I liked. One is gone.
MEM190 (my favorite)
MEM191
MEM189

Location hidden

#10072 Mar 1, 2013
Bella,those are gorgeous rings. I wish they had more tanzies in large one-of-a-kinds. I couldn't afford one anyway right now. I have some nice loose stones that I may be able to have made into jewelry someday. It would be less expensive had I been able to find one already made a few years ago.

So, I guess I will watch CharlesÂ’ Moissanite shows, but I wonÂ’t be buying. No coupons at all? Last time I bought the pink pendant that was on sale because it was 20% off.

Location hidden

#10073 Mar 1, 2013
Mrs.Peacock,
They put the MEM tanzy trillion and emerald back out there. Guess the tanzy came back? It was the only one they sold. Both rings are in a 6 1/2 though. No sizing offered though.

I will not be buying Moissy without a coupon either.

Location hidden

#10074 Mar 1, 2013
Good afternoos ladies, I have been reading the post, and I have to agree about the Platinum customers, the perks were the only reason I opened a PA, now the only perk we have is no interest for 6 months, at least they could give us a permanent 10-20% off, and as everyone has said, I definatley won't be buying without a coupon, heck I haven't been doing much buying even with a coupon.
I am still paying off my hospital bill, can you believe it's almost been a year since my surgery, time really flies when your having fun.:)

I noticed the other moissanite site has colored stones now, I guess they still have the 10% discount, they do have some good prices on the specials and with the coupon if your diligent you could gert a good deal from them.

Location hidden

#10075 Mar 1, 2013
Copythat, I am getting tons of bills right now. I have to charge those on credit cards, which is bad since I charged all the jewelry on there, too. I am feeling really guilty for shopping that Tucson event at ShopNBC. I bought a lot of pieces....not one piece was all that expensive, but it adds up.

ShopNBC keeps making more and more new stuff, and that makes me want to keep buying. KTV has had a lot of the same old same old, so it's easier not to shop with them lately.

I am in a big jewelry debt hole, and I better start digging myself out quick!

Location hidden

#10076 Mar 1, 2013
WOW!! If I had pierced ears I would make these babies mine. They look awesome on Jen's ear.
MSG307
Fun show with CW. Always enjoy watching his shows.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min arrr 24,934
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Michael 685,500
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min waaasssuuup 985,591
Any horny girls with snapchat looking for fun (Oct '16) 33 min Wolf_cuddler 12
What is the most forbidden sex you have had ? (Nov '16) 36 min Wolf_cuddler 7
submissive women are the best for me (Nov '08) 39 min Wolf_cuddler 183
Truth About The Term: "White Nationalists" 1 hr Get educated 1
More from around the web