Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#10037 Feb 26, 2013
Hi Ladies,
As far as makeup goes, I wear it daily. Sometimes in the house, I do not wear it. I really don't think my husband cares one way or the other. I am not even really certain he notices it. Geez. Anyway, I have almost no eyebrows, so I must pencil in brows. Otherwise, I look like Uncle Fester from the Munsters. I also put on concealer under my eyes, mascara, and eyeliner. I still don't recognize myself half the time. So many facial changes with age...Do you ever look in the mirror in the morning, and think,"Who the hell is that?"

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#10038 Feb 26, 2013
I honestly do not recall what the free piece of Bella came with. I think it was the Holiday Bracelet.

Location hidden

#10039 Feb 26, 2013
Well, it was free Bella Luce, so I guess that's a nice gesture. I have a couple pieces I got from auctions. Intersting cuts is why I bought them.

I saw that in the Engild line they had a platineve version of the famous 3 carat bracelet.

Location hidden

#10040 Feb 26, 2013
Mrs Poe, I say that to myself everyday that I look into the mirror,lol! I think to myself what happened to the girl I use to be; guess age does that to us. I really did not notice that many changes until I hit 55 and then they came on overnight it seemed.

MrsP., I saw hat 3 ct. Englid bracelet that looks like the one they use to have, interesting looking.

Location hidden

#10041 Feb 26, 2013
Mrs. Poe, my hubby doesn't really notice one way or the other on the makeup, either.

Location hidden

#10042 Feb 26, 2013
My husband says not to bother with make up when we stay at home together. We both just go for comfort. But I like to have make up on just in case someone drops in.

There is this eyebrow pencil that I like by Revlon. One end is pencil and the other end is colored gel. You can paint it on your brows and it covers the gray!

Location hidden

#10043 Feb 26, 2013
The Engild stuff is the first plated stuff they have other than Moissanite fire that has even piqued my interest. The Diamond Chic line has horrible diamonds. The only Stratify piece I have is a chrome bracelet in YG. The gold plating is very brassy and fakey looking.

Did you see all the new Morganite rings?? They are WAY over priced, even for a heavier gold mounting. Probably yet another reason we have no coupons.

Location hidden

#10044 Feb 27, 2013
Bella, that is NUTS! I saw those MEM morganite pieces. Why would KTV even put those on the web? Right underneath you can find KTV's normal stock at 25% of the price and in large stones. I don't know why they would take on another merchant's stock to sell at those RIDICULOUS prices. Is there some new leadership at KTV that just came on this year? It seems like everything is changing on the sales/discounts and coupons. Also, the selling of crazy high end stuff next to their own. What in the world is going on there?

Location hidden

#10045 Feb 27, 2013
Well, they had those high end tanzies and earlier emeralds there for weeks, and only fold one tanzy pendant and one ring. Without a coupon, I doubt much of it sells.

Other thing to note is I have MEM021 which I bought around a year ago. It is a very small size 7. I cannot wear it at all on my right hand, just the ring finger on my left hand. Based on that, I would be worried that these rings may run small and there is no custom sizing offered.

I think the prices are so outrageous due to the diamonds in the mountings. The diamonds in that Tanzy in rosť gold (another MEM piece) did not look so hot on the tray on TV. They looked sort of cloudy white.

Location hidden

#10046 Feb 27, 2013
Still, with the diamonds in there, the prices are too high. It makes Chuck's 14kt jewelry look inexpensive, and we know that isn't the case.

There are some solitaire diamonds on preowned right now. No coupon, no buy for me.

Location hidden

#10047 Feb 27, 2013
Girls, I seriously think that JTV will no longer be giving out an 20% coupons. Just a hunch but it has been almost two months sinecethe last good one. Shoppinggal made a good point when she told me she thinks by JTV going to those value pays that it justifies them not giving us any coupons anymore. They will perate the same way Shopnbc does wth the vlaue pays and no coupons. I agree with her in that I think they are mimicking Shopnbc and no coupons; just value pays. Well that just does not jive with me or the rest of us so they can just keep our business :((( I strongly think the only time we may ever get another coupon is around the hoiday season like we did last year and then that will be the only time. I will not shop without a 20% coupon so they are only hurting themselves and I imagine a lot of people feel the same way us girls do.

Location hidden

#10048 Feb 27, 2013
Yup, Mrs. Dolittle, I agree. I have watched them copy ShopNBC in many ways, even down to copying designs of the jewelry. I would MUCH rather save money off the item than just be able to stretch my payments out longer. I would hope that everyone would agree with that---especially on items above $800. It's much better to save 15-30% and pay all at once than to just stretch it out over 3 months to pay full price.

I am watching Gem Shopping Network right now. Their prices are really high. I did see the most gorgeous 31 carat pristine rubellite with diamonds in platinum. Amazing, but $19000. I have never bought anything that expensive in jewelry. It is probably worth it.
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#10049 Feb 27, 2013
Mrs. Doittle,
I was also about 55 when I notice major facial changes. My sister used to say that you reach 50, and your face changes terribly. I was a little older than that, but now I am so paunchy faced. Oh well! What can you do. But you have those gorgeous green eyes! They are splendid!

Location hidden

#10050 Feb 27, 2013
Mrs Poe, I do not notice any changes around my eyes; they are the same. It is the fact that my mouth is drooping down on each corner. Kind of like a frown,lol! If I could just get that corrected I would feel a lot better about myself.

Location hidden

#10051 Feb 27, 2013
I was already thinking the Value Pay they tried out at Christmas had something to with the vanishing coupons. I think they had sucess over the Holidays with stretch pay so some yahoo decided to drop the coupons. got news for them... I am a Platinum customer and I have never been interested in Stretch Pay Irem. Never seen stretch pay for anything that I wanted. Never seen it for anything over $500. I did not become a Platinum customer buying $200 stretch pay items. They will kill buying stuff over $1000. And their web bussiness as Stretch Pays are heavily related to TV shows.
They need to give Platinum customers percentage 20% coupons at least every two months. I know I have bought zero major purchases since the Moissanite before Valentines Day and after paying full price for that Solitaire I said never again.(I did get a TBV but nothing major)
So I guess it will be a Birthday, Anniversary, Christmas thing from now on for me. Just makes all the easier to cut back as Obama scares the me to death.
I also think a contributing factor is all the designer lines they have now such a CW. I bet they do not want the 20% coupons like I used on the Knuckle Dragger.

Location hidden

#10052 Feb 27, 2013
I agree 100% with everything you said Bella. I have never used stretch pay on anything either. I bet the only time we get any coupons is during the Christmas season; just my thought. I have no plans on buying anything either unless we get another good coupon and then I have no idea what I would use it on. They are dumbing down so many things that they just do not appeal to me.

Location hidden

#10053 Feb 27, 2013
I don't know why KTV can't give a coupon to Platinum members only. It would be in their best interest to keep us as customers. If they are worried about codes being posted for everyone to use, they should put in place a system that is tied to each account so only the platinum rewards people can use a certain code. I am sure it would not be that hard to do.

I am not using stretch pay either because I have the preferred card which is always 6 months when checking out online.

Location hidden

#10054 Feb 27, 2013
The entire Platinum thing has pretty much been a piece of crap. 90% off the time all we have gotten is free shipping for one item a month. What a joke! I bet they loose a lot of Platinum customers now. Especially those who purchase jewelry.

I think they feel they get such limited quantities of any of the good stuff, they do not need coupons to move it. I think Christmas followed by Valentine's has given them a false high. With the four economy, I think high end sales are going to come crashing down. The next big Holiday for them is Mother's Day and it is over 2 months away.

Location hidden

#10055 Feb 27, 2013
That should read sour economy which thanks to our thug President is going to get worse ...
Shoppinggal

Montrose, MI

#10056 Feb 27, 2013
DITTO to everthing you ladies are talking about. I believe the good shopping days at Ktv have come to a halt. Most of their items are crappy and no coupons. I haven't seen anything I would buy if I did have a coupon. I've got better looking stuff in my jewelry box than they are trying to sell. I would be afraid to buy anything on stretch pay from Ktv anyway. I can't imagine them keeping it straight. If and when I decide to get another piece of jewelry, I'm going to ShopNBC. Their merchandise seems to be a little better and they are businesslike and organized. I have never had a problem with them. Knock on wood....LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min Freebird USA 176,201
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min dollarsbill 1,946
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Rosa_Winkel 817,427
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 18 min The Evenstar 39,951
Why didn't A320's advanced technology stop Adr... 22 min Doctor REALITY 4
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 33 min Peace_Warrior 609,818
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 42 min Zombie dr Shrink 2,184
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 48 min RoSesz 578,901
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 270,030
More from around the web