Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Make sure any turquoise pieces are not compressed turquoise. To do that they grind it up and reconstitute it in whatever shape they want. Like a bar of soap. :(

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

They said they were all ROCK turquoise. Only stabilized and cut and polished. They are charging like it, too. It's expensive for that pristine, robin's egg blue stuff.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Sounds like the good stuff then.:). What are the item numbers?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

The pendant I got is 130-150 with blue topazes around it. The ring was the TTV, item 129-876. Everything with sleeping beauty in the title is selling out fast. They have a one hour show at 8PM EST with all sleeping beauty, but the show probably will sell out in half an hour. They don't lower the prices to the sale prices online until about 5 minutes before the hour starts. That's when I try to "scoop" the items before they are shown :).

The big Ouro Verdes are all sold out except maybe 1 pendant and a dozen rings. I hope they can bring that back again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Mrspeacock, those letter pendanst were so cute but so sold out, guess I won't be getting mine, I never knew that about turquoise before, wonder how many people own the compressed turquoise jewelry and don't even know it?

You know I never realizied how much of my time was devoted to watching KTV or being on the KTV website, since I have tried to cut down on both, I really have a lot more time on my hands.

With the draught of good coupons, even the blanket 15% would be nice, never thought those words would come out of my "mouth"!:))

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

I astonished a clerk at the grocery store with my moissanite ring. She was slack jawed!
I haven't been watching KTV, or recording it, and looking only for a moment at their website. I have other stuff to do. I'm just enjoying what I have and content not to want more.
We are getting a small inheritance from his father. We told each other that we will not spend it away! We did that with my ex-husband's money. Not going to do that again!
Tonight we are going out to eat for my sister's birthday at Charleston's. Do you have them where you live? I 've only been there once.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Nora, I have never heard of Charleston's up here. Which Moissanite were you wearing? The big oval with the side stones? I bet she was taken aback.

Copythat, I know I shouldn't watch jewelry channels as much as I do. I haven't been watching KTV, but I have ShopNBC. I like how they do those big all day or more than one day events. Lots of variety of gemstones and designers. As for the turquoise, I guess if you don't pay a lot, but the stone is free from matrix, then it's probably the re-constituted stuff.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Mrspeacock, I don't guess I will ever be over my "jewelry addiction", I wish now that I had purchased more jewelry before the good stuff vanished but I really do have more than the average person but that doesn't stop me from wanting more...but not having a good coupon does.lol

Nora, we don't have a Charleston's here either, what do they have?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Copythat, I am a jewelry junkie! I need a program. When they have this value shipping at Shopnbc, it really makes me feel like I need to get more stuff because all the items after the first have free shipping. Last year I was all about the pink stones like morganite and pink tourmaline. This Tucson event, I have really been drawn to the blue stones like turquoise, aquamarine, blue drusy, apatite, etc. If it wasn't for the 5-6 value pays, there is no way I would do all this.

My husband is going to take away my credit cards and lock me in a closet away from the TV and computer, LOL!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Last Turquoise show just started now!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Mrs. Peacock, I stopped buying and didn't realize it would be as easy as stop looking at it TV and on line.
We ate at Charleston's and it was just packed! We had to wait 30 minutes and it was loud with people talking and music.$52 for hubby and me. He had fried catfish and I had a steak. They have a variety of things. My ears are ringing from the noise. It wore me out. Why can't there be a nice quiet restaurant with atmosphere? Am I getting old?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Nora, I guess I will have to stop watching cold turkey to cure myself.

A lot of the nicer restaurants me and hubby went to have closed down. Either they sold to another business that changed the theme and menu all together, or they just plain closed. The economy took its toll. We used to go to one not far from our house that was really romantic with candlelight and soft music. The lighting was so low that you could barely read the menus! It was nice though because it wasn't somewhere you'd bring little kids and you needed a reservation. It was sold, and now it's a family sportsbar place. We haven't been there since.

There are still some nice restaurants, but you have to drive a long way to get there from my house, so we don't go out much anymore.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Bella, they still have some ouro verdes until midnight eastern. Also, a gorgeous heart kunzite ring.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

That heart shaped Kunzite ring is gorgeous. It does look like it has good color. The turquoise ring you got is lovely. Very unique design. I had not heard the Skeeping Beauty mine was closing. I hope they find another source.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Wow! That was a really fun event at ShopNBC. My poor hubby didn't see me much these past 2 days. I saw some stones I had never heard of and learned some new things. I also bought my first sleeping beauty turquoise, some drusy quartz and neon apatite. There were some other clearance items I bought also because of the value shipping. It will seem like Christmas when it all gets here :). It will probably be the end of my shopping for a while.

Unless KTV starts having 20% coupons that work on everything including preowned, I won't be buying.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Did you see where they have the GSK ring in Bella now?? Ugh.......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Yeah.....there goes the gold jewelry...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

I got a free piece of Bella with some order before Christmas. I was not impressed. Of course I had Moissanite by then. Bella had zero brilliance compared to that. Kinds flat. Ring had sharp edges and was very uncomfortable. It was a band design. So I am not a Bella fan. This Sunday on JTV is a waste. Just Bella and Stratify and that clunky weird Artisan India stuff. I watched my I Love Lucy DVDs and we are going to see Identity Theft at the movies. I love Amy McAdams.
Nora2

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

I am sitting here watching the pre-Oscar show. Did you see Robert DeNero? His hair looked like my husbands when he has just gotten out of bed!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

A free piece of Bella? When were they giving that away?

I didn't watch KTV at all today. Boring stuff. I stayed home and made a double batch of turkey chili. Hubby went to get gas in the mini van and a couple gas cans. It cost $120! Ridiculous.

I am tired after staying up late the last few nights in a row to watch that Tucson event. I don't think I will make it to the end of the Oscars.

I didn't get to see any of the Red Carpet. I wonder how many ladies had on Charles W. bling?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,861 - 9,880 of11,682
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

680 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
How come the president doesn't use his BIRTH NAME? 6 min Doctor REALITY 15
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 8 min RiccardoFire 36,113
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 min USA Born 109,749
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min pusherman_ 680,865
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Michael 512,325
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 min RiccardoFire 89,606
Proof Jesus never existed (Aug '09) 11 min Doctor REALITY 12,239
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min number four 217,208
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 30 min Boomboompow 280
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr pusherman_ 596,623
•••
•••
•••