Birdies group

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#9957 Feb 20, 2013
Mrs. Dolittle,
I would love to take you to various Illinois Pawn places. They spoil you. It's just a hoot to trade, barter,and see what deals you can make. What is cool is that if you are fairly jewelry saavy, you can control your prices. I weigh my gold before I bring it, checking spot gold prices for the day, and then I know what parameters I will barter in. I just find it so much fun. I am lucky to have 3 different pawners who really do good by me. I wish I could take you with me! I wish I could take all of us ladies. Man, we'd have fun!

Bella,
My boss and I say hello, but I have not really talked to her since we have had problems. It is very stressful. I know she is judging me the minute she hits my classroom. I have never had this problem in the 20+ years I have been teaching. Frankly, it is totally uncomfortable and I feel stressed a lot of the time. Not good at my age, or any age, for that matter. You certainly had your share of fatigue and extreme overwork. And of course, liars for bosses....What can I say. I am just happy you are happy now. Life is too precious to have to deal with negative energy....

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#9958 Feb 20, 2013
Mrs. Poe, I feel for you! Try not to take it personally. If you haven't had problems in 20 years, you are a great educator!

Your new ring sounds absolutely rich and precious. Pigeon blood red ruby is the top of the line!

I have another diamond heart pendant on today. I think I have about 4 or 5 diamond heart pendants. One in red diamonds, one in champagne and 3 in white diamonds.

Hubby got his new laptop today. Sony... Windows 8. Wheee! It is for work of course.

Location hidden

#9959 Feb 20, 2013
I remember when I first started buying rings. It was in 2003 on Ebay and on cruises. I would buy a new ring each cruise. My favorite ruby ring is from the Cayman Islands. My only emerald ring is from St. Thomas. And I won a ring in a drawing on Princess. A small sapphire ring.

Location hidden

#9960 Feb 21, 2013
I bought several ruby bracelets and rings in 2004-2005. Rubies are my favorite gemstone. In 2008 hubby bought a 4 carat diamond S bracelet and 3 carat journey pendant from Zales. Got great sales and coupons. Found JTV in 2008.

Location hidden

#9961 Feb 21, 2013
Bella, no I didn't, saw it shown on Misty's show and as you said it was a small ring and I didn't think I would like it, thanks for the info though!

Location hidden

#9962 Feb 21, 2013
Ahhh...how I wish I could go on a cruise and buy jewelry in the caribbean like I used to. I bought some gorgeous stuff on cruises in the past. It helps that hubby is relaxed and they give him beer, LOL! I got my diamond studs and my first tanzanite on a cruise. I also got some rare stones like black coral and imperial topaz. It's fun to shop in St. Thomas jewelry stores because there are so many. Once I even got my Dad, who is very tight, to buy my Mom a 3 stone diamond slide on a cruise for their anniversary. It's like being in a candy store for me to see all the gems and diamonds.

Nora, did you get your emerald ring at the Columbian Emeralds store? I love that place. I got a pendant there.

Bella, I love rubies, too. I am so glad I got 2 burmese ones, although they are both small. Atleast I know they are good quality and not fissure filled.

Mrs. Poe, it sounds like you are a skilled wheeler dealer with those pawn shops. I wish I could see them, too, sometime. I have never tried to buy jewelry that way. I bet it's fun. Do you ever have the jewelry you buy appraised to make sure it's what you were told it was? I guess I am not too trusting.

Mrs. Dolittle, I have Gem Shopping Network now. I am afraid to get hooked on that one. Have you been watching it long? Bought anything there?

Location hidden

#9963 Feb 21, 2013
Mrs P., I have been watching Gem Shopping for as long as I have JTV and that is 13 years. I have never bought anything from them but I can say I have been tempted many times to do so. The jewelry that sell is the most high end and exquisite I have ever seen in my entire life. Some of it comes from big estates in Palm Beach, Florida and Beverly Hills. It is the type of jewelry the very rich would be wearing unlike any place on the web. I have even heard the hosts say that some of the movie stars buy from them. But you can run across some very good deals every once in a while that I could afford but have not made that jump as of yet.

Location hidden

#9964 Feb 21, 2013
Mrs. Dolittle, are you going to watch any of the Tucson event that starts tonight at 8PM on ShopNBC? I saw on Chuck's facebook that he has a line of initial pendants with gemstone flowers and bugs on them. They won't be unveiled until Sat. Morning, but you can see it on his facebook page.

I already started shopping the clearance section on ShopNBC because they have free shipping on their credit card right now. I was also looking at Overstock because there is a 10% off coupon there.

Location hidden

#9965 Feb 21, 2013
Mrs P., I will probaboy watch Chuck tonmight as he keeps me so entertained even if I do not buy anything. I saw last night were Shopnbc has free shipping :)))

Location hidden

#9966 Feb 21, 2013
Mrs P., Did Chuck post the picture of the diamond pendant you were interested in in his Facebook page as I went to look and did not see it?
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#9967 Feb 21, 2013
Bella,
I adore rubies also. They have become my favorite colored gem stone, and I have gorgeous ruby rings. I also have a fissure filled set of post earrings. I would never buy fissure filled in a ring, but in earrings, are good enough.Somehow, I did not want to pay much for earrings.

Mrs. Peacock,
I have had a few appraisals on pawn shop items, and have sold a few for double what I paid. Not all pawn owners price things well. You have to know where to go.

Mrs. Dolittle,
Is Gems Shopping a website? I am always happy to find a new place to see their wares!

Gonna go watch tv. Need a rest!

Location hidden

#9968 Feb 21, 2013
Mrs Poe, Gem shopping has a website and is also on television. Their website does not even begin to show all the beautiful jewelry they carry. It needs to be updated badly. But you can watch the live broadcast on the website, here is the link:

http://www.gemshopping.com/

Location hidden

#9969 Feb 22, 2013
Mrs. Dolittle,
Chuck's pendant wasn't diamonds this time. It's an initial pendant in vermeil with flowers and bugs on it. You can see them at ShopNBC, but you can't buy it yet. Item 131-089. The A has a ladybug. Your Initial has the cute little bee on it. They go on sale at 11AM Sat.

I have been watching ShopNBC a lot. I wish I could afford to buy some really big pieces from M. Valitutti, but they are pricey. There is some lovely amber and big topazes in rings and pendants.

Bella, you would like the huge millenium cut blue topaz ring. It's item number 130-598 at ShopNBC. Honker of a stone. The TTV is also a large amber.
Shoppinggal

Hope, MI

#9970 Feb 22, 2013
MRSDOLITTLE....I believe I started watching Ktv around 1987. I remember the first thing I ever bought from them was a 3 caret emerald cut swiss blue topaz ring with 3 little diamonds on each side in 10kt yellow gold for $29.95. The first big diamond ring I bought from them was the GSK ring in yellow gold but I don't remember the year. It was when they first started showing them. I never knew they had coupons until I met you ladies.

Unless they start giving out coupons again, I won't order either but will probably watch the preowns from time to time and I still want a yellow moissanite. If I don't get one from them, I'll get one from the moissaniteco.com as they have them.

MRSPEACOCK....I just ordered the top value of the day ring at ShopNBC. The amber ring 129-928. It didn't look too interesting to me in the pic, but I watched Michael's presentation and that stone turns color in different light. Also, it has an $810 appraisal, so I ordered it.

MRSPOE....Ruby is my birthstone and that ruby you just got sounds totally wonderful. I wish I could go with you to those pawn shops too.

NORA....Again, hang on to your gold jewelry. You can't replace it for what you paid and if you get rid of it, you will feel sorry later.
Shoppinggal

Hope, MI

#9971 Feb 22, 2013
MRSPEACOCK....I forgot to mention that I saw a beautiful kunzite ring on the gemshopping channel the other day and it was only $795. I believe it was an emerald cut stone with pink sapphires and diamonds in 18K white gold. It's one of the better
buys I have seen on there and it sold pretty quick. If you have dish network, they are on channel 229.

Location hidden

#9972 Feb 22, 2013
Shopping Gal, I was so torn on that TTV because I don't know if it will change color truly without that direct UV light. If it stays the color it is, it doesn't appeal to me that much. I like the amber that they carve pictures into and sometimes dye different colors. I have an orange baltic amber with little inclusions of bugs/debris, and I love that because it's interesting to look inside.

Shopping Gal, thanks for telling me about the kunzite at Gemshopping. I went to the website, and there was the one I bought at Overstock! Gemshopping wants more money than I paid, so I feel pretty good about that purchase.

Location hidden

#9973 Feb 22, 2013
I just got that spinner ring, Shopping Gal. I am not sure if you were watching about 30 minutes ago. It looks like fun to play with 128-990.

Location hidden

#9974 Feb 22, 2013
Have any of you actually purchased from gem shopping? These complaints made my hair stand on end.

https://www.ripoffreport.com/directory/Gem-Sh...

Location hidden

#9975 Feb 22, 2013
Mrs.Peacock,
The spinner ring is really cute. Very unusual. I have never seen anything line that.

Location hidden

#9976 Feb 22, 2013
Bella, I haven't seen anything like that spinning barrel either. That's how I can justify spending $$ on it, LOL! I checked a couple other websites, and there is nothing like it. It reminds me of those flip rings that have one stone on one side and a diamond cluster on the other. You can wear it either side up. I love those.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 842,037
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 20 min RiccardoFire 100,239
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min Jimmy Savile 271,488
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min New Age Spiritual... 591,441
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 27 min RiccardoFire 4,825
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 30 min andet1987 5,937
'Caitlyn' Jenner fiasco is a REAL embarrassment... 38 min andet1987 3
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 10 hr Neelakaran 1,477
More from around the web