Birdies group

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#9917 Feb 17, 2013
MRR062? It has just gorgeous diamonds! RJL001 was a high point for the closeout buys. All are just beautiful. Those days are gone.
They have a smaller version of the bridge ring but the bridge is so low you can barely see the river of diamonds below it.
The only thing that has grabbed me was a champagne diamond bracelet but I refused to buy it without at least a 20% coupon. They only had four and they are gone now. Maybe if they have it again it will be when they are in the mood to give out coupons. I did not have a coupon to use with the CW solitaire and that p$ss$d me off so much that I am done till I get one.

Location hidden

#9918 Feb 17, 2013
Yes, the MRR062 is the one.

I wish I had bought that 8 carat bracelet in champagne diamonds last summer. Those scratcher coupons could have saved me a bundle on that. I did see a 4 carat one on there recently with white diamonds on the edges. Is that the one you missed out on?

Preowned or a good coupon will be the only way for me to buy right now. My hubby is mad that I am still getting stuff even with the hospital bills coming in.

Location hidden

#9919 Feb 17, 2013
Yes, the four carat one was the one I liked. Champagne diamond bracelets are so hard to find. The only one I have is the 8 carat one.

You will have to send me a picture sometime of the radiant cut and emerald cut rings side by side.

Coupons have saved me hundreds on bracelets. I refuse to buy without one.

Location hidden

#9920 Feb 18, 2013
I haven't been looking or watching since I made a solemn promise to Larry. I intend to keep it up, coupons or not, pre-owned or not.

Next I need to do housework then start the huge job of listing all that jewelry. Some of it may be photographed already but I need to dig the receipts out. I will not sell it under what I paid for it.

BUT I am loving this ring.

We went to a family home in Independence, Ks for a Bible class. Oh my it was an education in what poverty and poor choices and illness can do to lives. I wish I could do more to help them.

Location hidden

#9921 Feb 18, 2013
Well, no coupons yet. Maybe after today since it's President's Day? I hope so. There is a big Tucson event Friday and Sat at ShopNBC, and I will be watcing that for sure. I might buy something from them if KTV can't get a coupon to us before Fri.

Location hidden

#9922 Feb 18, 2013
Honestly,
This coupon drought has drug on for so long now, I am beginning to think this is the new normal. Until they are hurting, we may not see a good coupon. With CW breaking all records for a 3 hour show last time, they may be loathe to give out those 20% off. Those coupon bonanzas all came in the last part of last year. If they did not issue them because they had those expensive colored gemstone pieces then we might be in luck as they went back to whoever loaned them. The only sold a couple of pieces though, so their high end stuff sales have really tanked except for a few pieces like the GSK. I honestly do wonder if Moissanite has asked for a coupon policy change with no high percent coupons.

Location hidden

#9923 Feb 18, 2013
Bella, I am wondering the same thing also about Charles W. not wanting coupons used. Is this the longest time in history that we have gone without any high percentage coupons?

Anyone buying any jewelry at all, I am not.

Location hidden

#9924 Feb 18, 2013
Let's hope KTV has coupons soon. I told them in that survey a few weeks ago how much they mean to me as a long time customer. Let's hope someone is listening.

Location hidden

#9925 Feb 18, 2013
I decided not to open my Ebay store. I looked at the fine jewelry in gold and not many pieces even had bids. So today I wore some really prett earrings and a heart diamond pendant to the grocery store.

Location hidden

#9926 Feb 18, 2013
Nora,
It is this awful economy thanks to you know who. I think this is why JTV is selling volumes of cheap stuff to make up for the big stuff like those expensive red carpet colored gemstone stuff that did not sell. Except for a few signature pieces like GSK, what is left in megacarat diamonds in gold is not moving. They have a lot of limited quantity pieces but they do not seem eager to sell them... It at least they do not seem to be willing to let us pick what to use a good coupon on.
I hope I am wrong and maybe this week they will issue coupons other than a dippy $20 off.

Location hidden

#9927 Feb 19, 2013
Well, no coupon this morning. Just Top Rated Tues email. That's a joke, too. Most of those items were already clearance and they don't take more off than any other day.

Location hidden

#9928 Feb 19, 2013
I looked up all of the rings you all mentioned! Oh so beautiful and one is in size 6... JYR020. I can not buy it but it is beautiful. It is enough for me to have the OJR033 ring.

My husband's laptop broke down. The IT guys have it up enough to retrieve the files from it. So he will have to purchase a new computer.

Will any of you be going on a cruise after the Carnival Triumph disaster?? I won't. That was a nightmare! It could have gone much worse!

Location hidden

#9929 Feb 19, 2013
Nora, I love cruising. I would go again. I am sure they will be checking the engines on all the ships to prevent another disaster like that. Not to mention that they will be really trying not to get sued again for that.
Mrs_ Poe

Niles, IL

#9930 Feb 19, 2013
Hi ZaZa's,
Have not posted in a few weeks. Nothing new here. You guys have sure been busy with buying and trying not to buy jewelry! I continue with EBay much more than KTV. Bid on purses, Birkenstocks, and Jewely. So much fun. A good outlet of fun after working all day....
Went for my annual doctor appointment. Waiting for results. I am sure my cholesterol is too high, but better with meds.
My computer is losing power.....I hope you all are fine...be back soon again...

Location hidden

#9931 Feb 19, 2013
Good to hear from you, Mrs. Poe. I hope you get a good report from your bloodwork.

I have officially started back on my healthy eating plan. I had been easing into it, but now I got rid of all the junk and have healthy stuff only to eat. It's going to be hard to ween myself back off the sweets. I will be able to have a "cheat" day once in a while, but for the first few weeks, I need to be pretty strict. High in lean proteins, fiber/whole grains and veggies, low in dairy and sugary carbs. Wish me luck. I have no choice but to succeed this time for my health.

Location hidden

#9932 Feb 19, 2013
Hi Mrs. Poe! Ebay is a good place to buy! That is where I started buying jewelry!

I am fine. Mrs. Peacock, I am pulling for you! I need to eat better, too.

I looked to see what Nikki had on her diamond show. Only 9 pieces in gold and one was a chain! Uh oh.

Location hidden

#9933 Feb 19, 2013
Looks like GSK276 has had another downgrade from 2.25 carats to 1.75 carats and is now $999. There seemed to a number if new diamond rings in that price range tonight.

Location hidden

#9934 Feb 19, 2013
Mrs.Peacock,
Good luck with your diet.:)

Nora,
Did your hubby get a new laptop yet?

MrsPoe,
Great to here from you. I hope your job is less stressful these days.

Location hidden

#9935 Feb 20, 2013
Nora,
Yea.... Hang on to your gold. They have not had any new 3 carat or above diamonds in gold rings since before last Thanksgiving. I believe Moissanite will be the new thing taking diamonds place. Since unless you are willing to spend well over a thousand you get ugly diamonds.

Champagnes will soon be almost impossible to get. At least one of the feature items for Christmas was some nice champagne diamond rings.

No good coupons yet. Looking more and more like this might the new normal.

Location hidden

#9936 Feb 20, 2013
I saw the new GSK online. I am SOOO glad I bought that original GSK over 5 years ago when it was in 14kt and the full 2.25ct. Oh, and it was selling for $999 then, too.330

I will hate to see the champagnes disappear, but I did get a good amount of them while they were here. I missed out on that big 8 carat bracelet last summer, though. That would have been sweet to have in a collection.

No coupons will make it more likely that I will be shopping at Liq. Channel or ShopNBC.

So far I have been sticking to my healthy eating.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are black people descendents of Cain from the l... (Feb '11) 5 min Johnny 86
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Bonho 71,306
How is it possible that God has always existed?? 3 hr Doctor REALITY 2
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 3 hr Doctor REALITY 64
Ifitdress.com reviews (Oct '12) 4 hr lac 16
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Tellthetruth 447,350
Fischbach army depot-NATO site 67 (Mar '07) 5 hr Gene Ricker 483
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 hr Tellthetruth 994,986
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 hr FathrFlanagan Bug... 699,333