Birdies group

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#9897 Feb 15, 2013
Sounds like you had some fun at Outback, Bella. We had Skyline Chili takeout and Graeter's heart-shaped cake. We watched Downton Abbey from last Sunday. Nice to stay in.

Mrs. Dolittle, it sounds like your MIL is quite the baker. I have NEVER attempted to make a lemon meringue pie in my life. It always seemed to difficult. Does she start from fresh lemons and the whole thing? Wow. Impressive. You talking about pork barbeque is making me hungry, even this early in the morning.

Today I have to eat much healthier stuff to make up for yesterday, for sure.

Location hidden

#9898 Feb 15, 2013
There's a big morganite ring on preowned---PRE8363.

Location hidden

#9899 Feb 15, 2013
Mrs P., She makes her own crust and it is so flakey and good. She does everything from scratch. I have never attempted a lemon pie either.

That 7.5 ct. preowned morganite ring is the same one I saw on there about two months ago in a size 5.5. I wonder if there may be something wrong with it by being in the smae size again?

Location hidden

#9900 Feb 15, 2013
Mrs P., The big morganite ring is gone from preowns, I wonder who got it?

Location hidden

#9901 Feb 15, 2013
Good morning all! My husband had me get my Bible and swear that I would stop buying jewelry. I did it because I really have all anyone would ever dream of having. He said my new ring is sparkling and beautiful and I can keep it.

So I turned my Bible right around and asked him to swear to quite smoking! He wouldn't do it. He said he is under too much stress at work to do it now.

So we amended the agreement. I will stop buying until the credit cards are paid off. That could take 2 years! Really I have all the jewelry can use and want.

Location hidden

#9902 Feb 15, 2013
Nora, I can't believe your hubby said he's too stressed to stop smoking. I thought he got one of those electronic ones that are healthier. What about using that? At least that one is supposed to not damage the lungs. I hope you keep on him.

Mrs. Dolittle, I don't know who got that ring. It's a nice one. I have the same one.

Location hidden

#9903 Feb 15, 2013
How are you all doing today? Quiet here again. I am bored with what KTV has had on lately. Bella, Silver, Jewel School.....where's the diamonds in gold? I miss those shows.

They are having another giveaway. I signed up. Who couldn't use a vacation?

I am sure you all have seen the Carnival ship being towed back to the USA. My sister just booked her first cruise based on my recommendations, and I am afraid she will cancel because it's on a Carnival ship. I hope she doesn't cancel. What are the chances it will happen on her cruise in May?

Location hidden

#9904 Feb 15, 2013
I have been on several cruises. I guess it is no more likely to have a disaster than a plane crash. But it sure gives me the creeps that they were walking in raw sewage! That is really bad. I would go wonky trapped on a cruise ship.

I talked with CW today. Sent you all an email about it.

I went through my jewelry and I think I'll open the Ebay store and really sell a bunch of stuff. I've picked out earrings, pendants and rings. Some of them are just drop dead beautiful but I don't wear them.

Location hidden

#9905 Feb 16, 2013
Nora Let us know when you add your jewelry to your eBay store so we can go look. There may be something pretty we would just have to have at your store:))) You can send us a link to the store also.

Location hidden

#9906 Feb 16, 2013
Nora, I agree with Mrs. Dolittle. I bet you have something I might want to buy, too :).

Location hidden

#9907 Feb 16, 2013
Looks like it will soon be a month and a half since we had a good coupon. I really do not see anything that grabs me right now. So I will just not buy anything else until they start giving out at least a 15% coupon. I had to buy my last two purchases without one and I just refuse to do that again.

Walmart is having their worst February sales in years. JTV should take note.

Location hidden

#9908 Feb 16, 2013
Bella, did you see the HUGE tanzanite and diamond necklace? Dawn just showed it. I think someone bought it at $89,000! MTG467. It was amazing....royalty could wear that, or maybe Elizabeth T. if she were still with us. I would have bought it if I had millions to spend. WOW! They also showed that 68 carat round solitaire for $68,000. It would appraise for easily 3 times that. I am stunned by the beauty.

I got my Mocha diamond pendant today, and it's beautiful. If they sold that with the LeVian stamp on it at Jared, it would cost $1500 at least. The diamonds look really nice. The chain was really flimsy, but I was happy it even came with one.

I sent back Chuck's kunzite and his morganite bangle. The bangle had a faulty clasp and the kunzite was just too much $$ for the quality. So, I feel better about my moissanite purchase and this mocha pendant because I am sending more money back.

If the good coupons don't come back, I won't be shopping much at all. The preowned was an exception to the coupon rule because I have actually wanted that exact pendant for a long time, and they seemed to have stopped making it.

Location hidden

#9909 Feb 16, 2013
AARRGGHH!!! I could have seen the big tanzy pieces, but hubby walked in and changed the channel from JTV to the #%^** Weather Channel which meant I could not time slip back through Dawn's show. I was not recording it, but I could have backed up and seen it, if he had not changed the channel first thing when we got home.:-(

Glad your pendant came and it is a keeper.:-)

Location hidden

#9910 Feb 16, 2013
Mrs P., Great to hear the pendant came and that it is pretty; those preowns are the way to go when buying.

Hey, A couple of people must have got back a large tax refund to have been able to have bought that large tanzy pendant and ring; just kidding! I would have nowhere to wear a necklace like that or a large ring unless I would have a gala dinner party and specifed forwal wear on the invitations.

Location hidden

#9911 Feb 16, 2013
Bella, Nothing at JTV turns me on to want to buy either.It use to be I could see tons of pretty things to buy but not anymore. The stuff just looks mediocre to me anymore, same ole same ole line, nothing new and enticing. They need to start giving coupons out or people will shop elsewhere.

Location hidden

#9912 Feb 16, 2013
Mrs. Dolittle, I sure have shopped a lot at ShopNBC over the last year. I keep going back because of the better designs. KTV should at least try to keep the long-term customers happy with some coupons.

I bet Charles W. or some celebrity bought that Tanzy necklace. If I had a high-end jewelry store and happened to be watching KTV, I would buy that to re-sell at 3 times the price.

Location hidden

#9913 Feb 17, 2013
Some of JTV's prettiest designs have been in the morganite. I would stack those against any I have seen. The spinfire cut morganite ring that I have is spectacular. As the morganite mine has stopped producing, I hope they devote these innovative designs to another gemstone.
I agree CW has some beautiful designs in the Moissanite Fire.
Too bad the megacarat diamonds in gold closeouts have pretty much dried up. The entire jewelry industry is hurting. The high price of gold due to this dreadful economy has taken its toll.

Location hidden

#9914 Feb 17, 2013
Bella, you are right about the great morganite designs. I think some of the Stratify and Park Avenue designs are nice. Why can't they put some of those designs into the Color and Karat?

I missed the boat on the RPL ring, and I doubt it will ever be back. I hope there will be some closeouts this summer that Dennis can buy right now after Valentine's Day.

Chuck has some diamond shows today. Most of it is in silver. There was a nice mocha diamond ring in gold under $600. That's low for him.

Location hidden

#9915 Feb 17, 2013
Mrs.Peacock,
You have the one I regret I missed... That three carat emerald cut "Nikki Ring". It was the first megacarat to go.

I fear the days are limited for the current GSK and the other two carat ring in 14K that they stocked for Christmas and Valentine's Day. I suspect they kept stock back from a previous order and that it will run out soon. Cases in point: OJR033 and JYR020 and ALW004.

Location hidden

#9916 Feb 17, 2013
Bella, I don't know how they still have any of those rings you mentioned, except that they must have held them back like you said.

I am so glad I got that emerald cut ring, and then I got the radiant cut version that started with MRR. Those are really gorgeous. I got that one bridge ring that's 4 carats, too. I guess if I missed the RPL 090 I will be glad I got what I did when I did.

I hope some coupons are coming soon because there aren't any big jewelry holidays until Mother's Day, I guess. They need to get more sales.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Quivering Lip Lib... 72,966
Anybody wanna be dirty on FaceTime? (Feb '12) 15 min Avery 29
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 36 min Gabriel 995,177
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Johnny 447,505
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Michael 699,664
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 3 hr Johnny 158
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Wisdom of Ages 6,841