Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#9817 Feb 7, 2013
Mrs.Peacock,
Give me a tumbler any day...

Location hidden

#9818 Feb 7, 2013
Yes, Bella. The ring came, but I haven't felt great today. I didn't take the time to take pictures, etc. I will maybe early next week. I have something going on with my neck and head---both ache at the same time. Pinched nerve or strained muscle. It hurts to move or cough or yawn, etc. I just feel blah....

As for the ring, I can say the color is better on the kunzite from Overstock, but the stone is smaller. There are pink sapphires around with a couple diamond chips. The Chuck ring has all diamonds, which I prefer. I don't know how I could justify keeping Chuck's ring when it's almost double the price.

Location hidden

#9819 Feb 7, 2013
I say pick the one you feel is the most appealing. I have one large Kunzite that is not dark, buy us one of my favorites.

Sorry you have not felt well. I hope tomorrow is better.:-)

Location hidden

#9820 Feb 7, 2013
I'm home and back to normal here. Just really tired. I looked over KTV and without a % coupon, I won't buy. They must need profits for Valentine sales.

I had a headache every day since Sunday and today is the first one without one. I dropped into bed this afternoon and slept like a rock.

The ring I like is MSJ106. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had a decent coupon.

Mrs. Peacock, I hope you feel better.

Location hidden

#9821 Feb 7, 2013
Nora,
That is a gorgeous heart shape ring!

I think as soon as Valentine's Day is over, the coupons will flow. The next big jewelry day is Mother's Day and that is long ways away. I think they were desperate for Christmas sakes to bolster 2012 profits. Now it is just the beginning of 2013 and they think they can afford to be stingy on big discounts for the expensive items. The no coupon thing will burn them again soon.

I hear them talking they sold so much over Christmas they had to dip into stuff planned for much later shows. They can never seem to figure out that good coupons ignited those sales.

They were always talking about Jerry's crazy markdowns. I wonder if Jerry was a driving force behind good coupons and now that he is gone.....

Location hidden

#9822 Feb 8, 2013
Jerry worked on the loose gemstone side of things, so I don't think he had much to do with coupons. They have their own sales on gemstones, like buy more save more.

I agree that they need more coupons and right now. I told them in the survey that AT LEAST the Platinum Rewards members deserve them. If you can't reward your high dollar customers to keep them happy, you will lose them. I know for me, I spent a lot at ShopNBC that I would have spent at KTV if they had better coupons. ShopNBC has a lot more designer jewelry and styles that are unique.

Nora, I like that ring you picked out, too. Hearts are so sweet. I wonder if the Elite Moissanite line will make items with the pink hearts.

Location hidden

#9823 Feb 8, 2013
The last 20% coupon expired on Jan 13th. It has been 4 weeks now with no good coupon. This is getting as bad as the drought when they got in a snit over the Birthday coupons. All the Customer and call center folks warned them then about customers need good coupons. $20 is an insult. Barely pays upgraded shipping for multi thousand pieces

Location hidden

#9824 Feb 8, 2013
I hope their valentine's sales are down so they pay attention. I have gotten 25% off and 30% off coupons from other jewelry vendors online. I don't know why KTV is being so stingy. They must be wanting to get away from coupons all together, like ShopNBC is most of the time.

A lot of the stuff they have done the last couple years is a direct copy of ShopNBC. The TBV, the stretch pays, the "value shipping." ShopNBC still has birthday coupons and coupons for new shoppers. KTV has even taken away the 15-20% off for opening their credit card. Maybe that is because ShopNBC lowered their credit card opening offer to $10.

It seems like they think the model at ShopNBC will work for them, but they have totally different material to sell. I don't know how they can be as successful as ShopNBC if they don't have more intricate designs. ShopNBC has big events that lower their prices by 30-55% off, and that is mostly when I shop. Is KTV going to cut their prices that much for sales if they take away coupons? I doubt it.

Location hidden

#9825 Feb 8, 2013
I love a good coupon. You know that champagne diamond ring that Mrs. Dolittle and someone else bought is on sale for 12% off. I'm thinking about it, the heart ring and MSF184. I remember the good old days when a coupon covered the whole cart! <sigh>

There is a Moissanite Fire show this morning or afternoon.

Location hidden

#9826 Feb 8, 2013
Mrs P. I agree about everything you said about Shopnbc,they have completely different styles of jewelry that is constantly evolving as JTV stays stuck on the same old styles. After awhile you get so sick of looking at the same old stuff on their website.

Just look at how Chuck does, he takes requests from the customers and makes what they want.

Why JTV is so darn stingy with giving out coupons always baffles me! I am certainly not planning on buying anything at all without a good coupon; at least a 20% one.

Location hidden

#9827 Feb 8, 2013
Nora, You would absolutely love the champagne diamond ring; one of my favorite rings. Bella also owns it and loves it much as me.

Location hidden

#9828 Feb 8, 2013
Mrs. Dolittle, that's right! Chuck makes what we want! KTV should take requests, too. It might help their designers get more creative.

I am disappointed that I can't buy another moissanite this weekend because of just a $20 coupon.

Location hidden

#9829 Feb 8, 2013
I was actually impressed by the Aureate shows I saw yesterday. Some lovely designs and the stone quality looked far better than either Diamond Chic or many of Chuck's silver pieces. Chuck is just so over priced with his Morganite and Kunzite. An identical ring to one I have on JTV was $400 more. Even his big sales do not bring him down into a JTV price point.

JTV should just drop the dreadful Diamond Chic junk and concentrate on this newer line.

And give us 20 % coupons. When they do it makes their price points equivalent to 40% off from Chuck.

Location hidden

#9830 Feb 8, 2013
That 25 carat Kunzite in gold and diamonds .... I got it for $800 (with coupon) from JTV. Chuck would have taken me to the cleaners on that one....

Location hidden

#9831 Feb 8, 2013
Just finished a recheck of all coupon sites. Still nothing but that ridiculous $20 cr#pp

Location hidden

#9832 Feb 8, 2013
A lot of Chuck's stuff has been copied by KTV. The Heart morganites, the colored diamond crosses, flower rings, etc. He does have some great ideas. His prices can be high, but I usually wait for a sale.

I almost gave in and bought a round pink moissanite today, but I heald firm. I really want larger carat weight pink heart shapes. I can wait until they come up with some later in the year.

Location hidden

#9833 Feb 8, 2013
I wish I could pull a decent coupon out of the air for everyone. I have done an extensive search. No luck.

I guess I will not get to MSF548 on TV since it sold out even before CW got there. The last three disappeared almost simultaneously. I bet a dealer bought them since the style was a solitaire this time.

ShoppingGal,
Did you get your ring?:-)

Nora,
Did you get your ITunes set up?

Mrs. Peacock,
I wish those pink hearts were bigger for you.

Boston and New York are sure getting clobbered with the snow. Has anyone heard from MJ?

Location hidden

#9834 Feb 9, 2013
Sent you all another $20 coupon, that is all I have received from JTV lately. Wish I ud have ben 20% one instead.

Location hidden

#9835 Feb 9, 2013
Sorry for the misspelled words, I was trying to type with my little dog (35 pound beagle/boston terrier) sitting on my lap.

Copycat Where are you girl, you are MISSED!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min Chris Clearwater 175,052
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Stilgar Fifrawi 765,144
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min Michael 555,083
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 35 min Epiphany2 603,709
What Is The New World Order? 1 hr Ebola Kills Everyone 6
NWO...New And Terrible Masters 1 hr Marty Fong 9
Leviathan 666....Started On November 23, 2014 1 hr Marty Fong 7
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr AussieBobby 263,625
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 15 hr Ayyan 1,187

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE