Birdies group
MrsPoe

Niles, IL

#9733 Feb 1, 2013
Nora,
He kept interrupting me while I was teaching and kept calling my name to get called on. I didnt discipline him for his rudeness. He's got a boatload of problems with teachers and other kids and I just patiently answered him. For such a long time, he would not participate at all, and seemed to have little understanding of spoken language or human emotions. His parents will not get him special help, and my heart breaks for him. He' got such a long road ahead, and is so limited. We have a very strict discipline policy.He's just a 4th grader. It's like I totally forgot even the need to discipline,and the principal was watching me...I neglected other kids....I get so burnt out. It's like a constant dog and pony show...Too much at my age.... didn't you leave because of a boss?Am I dreaming this? I think you said you left due to a boss...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#9734 Feb 1, 2013
Mrs.Peacock,
I saw the ring when I watched my DVR tonight. As pretty as it looked, the cameras did not do it justice.:)

Mrs.Poe,
I had bosses that demanded we work several months -' 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. They promised us they would take care if us if we did. Then they laid people off. They had the ethics of a lizard. I retired and I am glad I am out of the cesspool they made of what was a good company to work for before they took over. They were the bosses from hell.

Location hidden

#9735 Feb 2, 2013
Mrs Poe, I too left a very good job because of a difficult boss that had no compassion for anyone but herself. I was always the first one to arrive in the morning and open up the office while the others got there just a few minutes before they were suppose to, even the boss. I did not have to do that but that is just how I am. I was starting to have anxiety attacks because of her treatment and that is when I decided to leave. It is not worth your health to endure a job like that.

Location hidden

#9736 Feb 2, 2013
Girls, We had a shock this morning. My father-in-law died this morning. He was 92. He'd been having a series of small strokes, dementia and was increasingly unresponsive.

Mrs. Poe, Yes, I retired early due to a boss. She was constantly critical of this and that. We had almost 700 students and I was the only counselor. I was just about worked to death. After I left, she went through 5 or 6 new counselors in a row.
MrsPoe

Niles, IL

#9737 Feb 2, 2013
Nora,
I am so sorry about your father in law! My, my...from one day to the next, and gone. It sound like he was full up with health problems. I am really sorry.

Nora, Bella, and Mrs. Dolittle,
So awful to read your work stories. All of you dealing wit horrible bosses and terrible work conditions. I may be dealing with the same thing, but I do not know yet. Only time will tell. I get a good size financial bonus to promise my retirement some years before it happens, and it comes to one year of salary, basically for free. You have to promise to leave.

Bella,
Was your company bought out? What lies they told you.

Nora,
700 kids to 1 human being. That's quite the ratio! You must have been utterly wiped out by the end of each day.

Mrs. Dolittle,
Sounds like you were almost a scape goat. You were working so hard with no appreciation. I know it becomes not worth it. Especially if you are going to get anxiety attacks. I feel my weekends are a respite from stress. Just too much..

Location hidden

#9738 Feb 2, 2013
Mrs.Poe,
The head of the company for 15 years who was loyal to the employees retired and we got a real ass in his place. We were abused to make him look good and bail his fat out of the fire for numerous botched and arrogant management decisions.

We have all had our share of abusive bosses.:-(

Nora,
So sorry to hear about your Father In Law. You and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers.
Shoppinggal

Metamora, MI

#9739 Feb 2, 2013
NORA....My prayers to you and your hubby in the loss of you father-in-law.

Ladies, don't feel like you have cornered the market on bad bosses. I had some real beauties to work for myself. Glad to be retired and out of that kind of stress.

Location hidden

#9740 Feb 2, 2013
Nora,Just so sorry to hear about your FIL; You are in my thoughts and prayers for strength and comfort to get thru this. He lived a good full life and now he is in Heaven with his wife.

Location hidden

#9741 Feb 2, 2013
Nora, I am so sorry for your loss. It is true that he lived a good long time, so I hope that gives some comfort to your hubby and you.

I had a terrible boss, too. I came home angry and crying almost everyday for months until I couldn't take it anymore. It was a bad situation.

I went to the doctors again the other day to get my blood checked, and they weighed me and took my blood pressure. Well, the weight was shocking because it was 7 pounds heavier than the week before! Of course, I freaked out and said that's not possible. Then, they took my blood pressure, and it was high. Of course it was because I was freaking out about the weight. Then, they wouldn't let me leave and I had to wait for the doctor. I told them the blood pressure is only high when I am there. Also, my legs were really swollen.

Turns out the the blood pressure meds the hospital doctor prescribed has a side effect for swelling! No wonder my legs looked all puffed up and the scale said I gained weight. The doctor took me off those meds and gave me a diuretic instead. Thank goodness. Maybe the swelling will go away!

As for the blood thinner test, that was back down in the range they want it, so that was good. I still have to keep going there every week, though. Bummer.

Location hidden

#9742 Feb 2, 2013
Holy cow! Bella! That sounds horrible! I hope you feel better soon. So you have to take a 2nd medicine to counter-act the first one?

It just seems incredible that my FIL is gone! I can only imagine how bad my husband feels. I am not pressuring hubby to do anything at all. I made him grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for lunch. We can't get ahold of his brother! I hope my stepson doesn't post anything about his grandpa's death on FB before we speak with hubby's brother. Ok... he didn't.

We bought IPhones and I am learning little by little to use mine. I can't find out how to log on here or on facebook yet. It is good enough to be able to email while on the phone. I made some photos of my dog and a little video of him. I have emailed Bella and someone else, I think. It is very hard to type on that thing! But I think we've only scratched the surface of all that phone will do.

Isn't it something how many of us have had stinkers for bosses? Has anyone ever had a nice female boss? I've had only one! The others were power mad.

Location hidden

#9743 Feb 2, 2013
Mrs.P,
Good thing they changed those blood pressure meds. Yikes!

Sorry to hear you had an abusive boss too.:-(

Location hidden

#9744 Feb 2, 2013
Oh I'm so out of it! It was Mrs. P that needed the meds. I stand corrected.

Location hidden

#9745 Feb 2, 2013
Nora, I hope you can get ahold of your BIL soon to let him know. Was your FIL in a nursing home?

Location hidden

#9746 Feb 2, 2013
Nora ,
Was your FIL living nearby?

Location hidden

#9747 Feb 2, 2013
JTV has another beautiful Moissanite in gold ring back in stock: MSJ122

Location hidden

#9748 Feb 2, 2013
Bella, I don't ever remember seeing that Moissanite you mentioned. It's HUGE! I wish there was a video.

I saw some gorgeous golden south sea pearls on ShopNBC earlier today. If I had the money, I would have bought a strand. I would love to own a nice golden strand someday.

Location hidden

#9749 Feb 2, 2013
Mrs. P.,It is just terrible the side effects of some meds. Glad the doc put you on that diuretic, it will take the fluid off so be prepared to have to run to the bathroom often. Glad to hear your blood is where it should be also.

I saw those pearls you were speaking of and they were very nice and golden, just luscious!

Bella, That is a pretty moissanite ring you were speaking of; the MSJ122. Are you going to buy one?

Location hidden

#9750 Feb 2, 2013
My legs are really swollen still tonight. I have been on my feet a lot today moving boxes and things from the basement. I hope the swelling starts to go down by the time I have to go back to the doctor Thursday. So far, I haven't had to run to the bathroom from the pills yet. Maybe it takes a few days to get going?

Location hidden

#9751 Feb 2, 2013
Mrs.Peacock,
Those pills should work pretty fast. If you are not running to the bathroom by Monday, I would call the Doctor.

I love the golden pearls. But with a short thick neck I fear I would look like Wilma Flintstone.

MrsDolittle,
Even though I swore I would not order without a coupon, they only had one size 8.

Location hidden

#9752 Feb 2, 2013
Hi Ladies! Thank you for the prayers. They are felt and appreciated. Today had an unreal feel about it.

My husband's ex-wife is coming to the funeral.Why after 23 years is she doing that? She isn't part of our family. It isn't like she went to visit him when he was alive. But then again, he is her son's grandpa.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 42 min RFD 988,411
How did black people get here ( economically) 2 hr RFD 64
What was the Vegas mass murderer's REAL problem? 3 hr RFD 18
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 5 hr JuJu 6
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 hr Tm Cln 36,449
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 hr Phooey 688,571
Black "bi-racial" college girls and white gray-... 8 hr Doctor REALITY 13
More from around the web