Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#9203 Dec 26, 2012
Shopping Gal, glad you are staying warm inside. I don't want to go out in this mess. Hope KTV gets their act together and gets that ring to you.

I think today would be a good day for hot cocoa. What do you all think?

Location hidden

#9204 Dec 26, 2012
Mrs P., today would be an excellent day for hot chocolate. I forgot to ask you what you gave your Mom for Christmas? What did she get you?

We had my MIL over to our house for Christmas and we had shrimp cocktail before we had the turkey and all the fixings. Hubby did do the shrimp( they were already peeled and deveined) but I prepared everything else and I tell you it is a chore anymore with getting older,lol!

Location hidden

#9206 Dec 26, 2012
Mrsdolittle, I realized this year as the country song says" it takes me all night long to do what I used to do all night long".LOL

The floors are ruint, some of the cabinets sustained some damage, the insurance woman is coming in 2-3 days, as I said if we hadn't of been home, mam o man I don't even want to think about what could have happened, it could have eventually drained the well, so it could have been a LOT worse, and I am thankful it wasn't!!

The temp is dropping and they say we mght get an inch of snow a few miles from us, yesterday we were in short sleeves and today, drag out the long johns.lol

Location hidden

#9209 Dec 26, 2012
copythat wrote:
Mrsdolittle, I realized this year as the country song says" it takes me all night long to do what I used to do all night long".LOL
The floors are ruint, some of the cabinets sustained some damage, the insurance woman is coming in 2-3 days, as I said if we hadn't of been home, mam o man I don't even want to think about what could have happened, it could have eventually drained the well, so it could have been a LOT worse, and I am thankful it wasn't!!
The temp is dropping and they say we mght get an inch of snow a few miles from us, yesterday we were in short sleeves and today, drag out the long johns.lol
Copyvat, the same thing happened to my sister but it was a leak from her icemaker over a period of a long time. It ruined her hardwood floors and they had to replace them in the living room and the kitchen plus a couple of cabinets. The also had to clear the mold out and she did get to stay in her house. If the mold had been very bad she would have had to move out while the repairs were going on. She did not know anything was wrong until she noticed her floors starting to raise up.

Location hidden

#9210 Dec 26, 2012
Mrsdolittle, we have the 12 inch tiles and they are all starting to curl at the corners, we don't believe it had been leaking (pouring, actually) for very long as it was a hot water line to the dishwasher, and we still had hot water, you could hear this one, it sounded like the dishwasher was running, glad it's behind us, would hate to have to clean that mess again. I think that their had been a slight leak under the dishwasher as there was a little spot of mold under it, that didn't happen from this mornings leak.

We are having some snow flurries, it was 55 degrees when I got up this morning and now it's 34, and getting colder.

Location hidden

#9211 Dec 26, 2012
CopyThat,
Sorry to hear about your kitchen flooding. It was sure lucky fir you that you were home. Did the pipe freeze and burst?

Our weather is giving me whiplash. We have gone from 60 degrees to barely over freezing for the highs. One day a Christmas T-shirt, the next day a Christmas Sweatshirt and a coat!

Mrs.Peacock,
Those idiots went way last a prank. That was vandalism. Too bad you did not catch them.

ShoppingGal,
Wow!! Eight inches??? That is hoot your dog opened his present early. The girls had out dogs in Christmas doggy suits with lighted blinking red and green collars.:-). One if them even had bells on.

Location hidden

#9212 Dec 26, 2012
I got a little stuffed hamster and guinea pig that were gift card holders. The dogs kept trying run off with them as they thought they were dog toys. They even tried to abscond with one when the girls were wrapping it :-)

Location hidden

#9213 Dec 26, 2012
Mrs.Peacock,
We still have some of our favorites to watch this week: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Earnest Saves Christmas, and Santa Claus the Movie. We did not manage to catch them on TV so we got the DVDs out for tonight.

Location hidden

#9214 Dec 26, 2012
Bella, no the pipes didn't freeze, just "old age" in the pipe, it busted.

Location hidden

#9215 Dec 26, 2012
Mrs. Dolittle, I gave my mom Temptations bakeware from QVC and a grapevine light-up decoration shaped like a candy cane. She gave me and hubby cash, which is good because I have a lot of stuff to pay for.

Bella, I love Christmas Vacation. We didn't get to watch Santa Clause or Family Man this year. Those are 2 good ones. You are right that the open water valve on the front of the house is way past prank.

Copythat, I hope the insurance covers everything and the floor can be replaced fast.

I got a good haul from Santa this year. I got the moissanite ring, chrome diopside necklace and bracelet, monkey ring and pink diamond pendant. My hubby got some movies, tools, video games and electronics. We had a lovely Christmas one day later.

Location hidden

#9216 Dec 26, 2012
Hi Everyone, I'll be back later. Gotta fix dinner We did not get one single flake of snow or a drop of rain. It is just bitterly cold!!

I'm so sorry that you had a flood Copythat!! And Mrs.Peacock, I'm sorry you had a migraine!! Did your burst pipe flood the upstairs? How horrible!

Location hidden

#9217 Dec 26, 2012
Your flood sounds just terrible Copythat! Waiting to hear if Mrs. Peacock had flooding upstairs. I've never heard of that making pipes burst! My neighbor has video surveilance all around her house.

Our ice dams a couple of years ago caused us to have to replace all the downstairs carpets and re-finish our wood floor in the hall.

And one time the tubing to the ice maker flooded the kitchen hardwood and we had to have some of it replaced.

Mrs. Peacock, a very good Christmas for you both!

Shopping Gal, that is so cute about your dog opening his toys early. I should send all of you the photo of my dogs in their Christmas hats. So cute!

Mrs. Dolittle, I love the sound of your Christmas dinner. We had ham and I missed the smell and taste of turkey. Shrimp is good too.

Location hidden

#9218 Dec 26, 2012
Mrs P., You got your hubby a tv didn't you? I was thinking you mentioned you bought him a 60 inch one if memory serves me correct.

Location hidden

#9219 Dec 26, 2012
Bella, Wasn't you interested in buying MSJ111? if so, one is back in stock in a size 7 :)))

Location hidden

#9220 Dec 26, 2012
Yes,Mrs. Dolittle, it was a 60 inch tv. We got a great price on it.

Nora, the pipe didn't burst thank goodness. Someone sabotaged the outside faucet so that it burst open full blast. All the water was outside the house. It could have easily burst inside the basement, so I am glad for that. Had it been colder, it could have been worse.

Location hidden

#9221 Dec 27, 2012
How is everyone today? I am freezing. It's really cold and icy here. There is more snow coming tomorrow night into Saturday. I hope the whole winter isn't this snowy.

KTV has been off the air here for 5 days and shows no signs of coming back. It was carried on a local tv station 24-7 for the past few years. Sat. night, it went out and hasn't come back. I guess I will have to watch on my computer if I want to see it again.

Location hidden

#9222 Dec 27, 2012
Mrspeacock, can't believe it was on a local channel, mine is on Directv, for me it wouldn't make much difference since do most of my looking andbuying on the net.

Well, guess what we had to day, you guessed it, another pipe busted, hubby had to turn the water off while we waited on the plumber to get here, as luck would have it, I hadn't taken my shower yet, I told him that if I had known this was going to happen, I would have gotten naked and taken my shower while the water was gushing out from under the sink.lol Don't worry though, the plumber has come and gone and I have had my shower, I feel and look much better.:))
Don't know if I want to get out of bed in the morning, guess it's time I learned how to swim.lol

Location hidden

#9223 Dec 27, 2012
CopyThat,
Did the plumber day both pipes bursting was coincidental or is the water pressure off somehow? Where was the second pipe?

Mrs.Peacock,
Can you call the TV station and ask them about JTV? I would tell them that is the only reason you watch their channel.

Location hidden

#9224 Dec 27, 2012
Bella, I emailed a couple different people about the TV station going dark. I hope they write me back.

Copythat, 2 pipes that close together? That seems so weird. Is the house very old? Or, is the water really hard? We have had issues because of our water is very hard. Lots of deposits and salts eating through pipes. One was the hot water line to the dishwasher under the sink like yours.

Location hidden

#9225 Dec 28, 2012
We have granite in our well, when we first moved in it would be in the bottom of the commode and the tank, we have had to put 2 filter systems in the house to finally take care of the problem. We live in a manufactured home and they didn't use the best plumbing pipes and it is 16 years old. We found a leak yesterday in this pipe and hubby was trying to tighten it when Niagra Falls erupted. It was hot water pipes both times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Is Right With the USA 1 min Heinz Guderian 7
real music !!!! 4 r-e-a-l !!! 4 min Doctor REALITY 5
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Al Garcia 777,603
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 17 min WasteWater 5,147
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min Chess 560,289
John Lennon was an Atheist 19 min WasteWater 29
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 20 min WasteWater 96,843
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min WasteWater 265,395
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr dirty white boy- 605,292
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr hpcaban 441,809
More from around the web