Birdies group

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#9037 Dec 13, 2012
CopyThat,
I would call and ask. I just bought a moissanite ring and I got the Buy More Save More that was still attached to my Platinum account and I used a 20% coupon too.
I checked my husbands account. His is not a Platinum one and there was no Buy More Save More attached to his account.

Location hidden

#9038 Dec 13, 2012
Bella, which ring did you get? A gold one or another platineve?

Location hidden

#9039 Dec 13, 2012
The same gold one ShoppingGal ordered. They had one left and I had been looking at that one. I wanted a yellow gold one.:)

They did not have the other Charles one I wanted:
MSF037

Location hidden

#9040 Dec 13, 2012
Bella, maybe that one you got IS Shopping Gal's. When I checked earlier, it said it was sold out after she bought it Maybe she cancelled? The Moissanite ring I want I don't know the number for. I saw it the last time Charles was on. It was a bridge style ring with a round solitaire on top and princess cuts going underneath. I looked today and did not see it.

Location hidden

#9041 Dec 13, 2012
Shopping Gal, I got the green diamond Chuck ring. VERY Nice. You would not even guess it's silver. It's heavy and finished so beautifully underneath. The diamonds are good quality, also. That's a keeper for sure!

Location hidden

#9042 Dec 13, 2012
Mrs. Peacock, You'll love that ring! It is sparkling even on the web!

Bella, Enjoy that pretty diamond bracelet!

Location hidden

#9043 Dec 14, 2012
I checked out of curiosity and the Buy More Save More was no longer attached to my Platinum account. Nice while it lasted. Odd that these "price adjustments" just appear and we can use double dipping like I did before with that two carat princess cut ring when I saved $900. I wish they would email is when they attached these savings to our accounts. I wonder how many of these we have missed.

Mrs.Peacock,
I saw that ring several times throughout the day and right after ShoppingGal's post. Maybe it was in someone's cart for a while. I hope ShoppingGal has not cancelled hers.

Location hidden

#9044 Dec 14, 2012
Nora, they have shipped the moissanite I bought yesterday already! I can't wait to see it.

Shopping Gal, I hope you didn't cancel your Moissanite yellow gold ring.

Bella, I am so glad you are loving the moissanites because you do have the "real diamonds." Moissanites are different all together.

Mrs. Dolittle, we need to get you one.

Location hidden

#9045 Dec 14, 2012
Ladies, KTV has gotten wise to the coupon adding onto their sitewide discount. Last week they had the $15 discount on the site and if you used a coupon, it would ADD ON to the $15. I bought a blush zircon ring and was able to take $75 off with that extra $15.

Anyway, I just tried a coupon in the cart, and it just takes the place of the $15 off. No stacking this time. Glad I did it on the moissanite ring yesterday :).

Location hidden

#9046 Dec 14, 2012
Mrs P., maybe one of these days I will consider buying a moissanite. Right now I have a full plate of things to do. I gave a check to my niece's daughter for her wedding, took two angels from the angel tree at church and already bought their gifts; plus am going to make a donation to the Humane Society and also Paws ( a dog/cat rescue group). That is not counting the Salvation Army donation or my minister's gift.

The rings, bracelets and pendants you girls have bought are lovely and sparkly. Enjoy them :))))

Location hidden

#9047 Dec 14, 2012
Girls, Shopping gal did not cancel her ring, she said it has already been mailed out. Cannot wait to hear all about it! Also anxious to hear about all the other goodies you girls have coming, so excited for you all!!!!

Location hidden

#9048 Dec 14, 2012
I can't get any coupon to work today, anyone else having any luck? So much for buying anything, I don't know in which universe that $15.00 would top a 20% coupon, but they seem to think that we should be happy with it.

So sad about the tragedy in Conn. my heart just breaks for them!! I will definetly be praying for all that have been affected.

Location hidden

#9049 Dec 14, 2012
I am so shocked and devastated by the sad news about the school tragedy in Connecticut. My heart goes out to the families who have lost a loved one. What kind of sick wacko guns down 5 year olds???

Location hidden

#9050 Dec 14, 2012
Copycat and Bella, It is such a sad thing here at Christmas for this tragedy to happen to these families. Can you imagine that the children's presents are probably wrapped and under the tree? It is a horrible tragedy to happen anytime but especially so close to a joyous occasion as Christmas makes it even worse. Christmas is a time of celebration and just look what the parents have to go thru.We do not know why these things happen but maybe some day we will find out why. I was just heartsick when I heard about it today.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#9052 Dec 14, 2012
Hi Ladies,
I so deeply connected to the tragedy, that I had trouble teaching today. In particular, I teach four second graders that I just adore, and the thought of someone hurting them utterly appalls me. Two of the kids are from Iraq, one is from Mexico, and one from India. Precious is precious. Kids are kids. They are our future and hope. How could this happen? Sadly, I feel like if someone is determined enough, they find a way to be violent...Parents were even calling my Illinois school to make sure there kids and the school was safe. Unimaginable. The whole thing....

Location hidden

#9053 Dec 14, 2012
Awful, terrible and sickening is all I can say about that shooting in CT. It's the worst thing I can imagine---being a parent getting ready for Christmas only to have some psycho kill your child?! I know there is a special place in Hell for someone that would kill innocent children. It makes me soooo sad and angry at the same time. I will be praying for all of those who lost someone today.

Today I was busy packing and shipping gifts to family across the country. It was more work than I thought it would be. It took more than half the day. I was so tired that I still haven't finished my tree. Maybe tomorrow.

Location hidden

#9054 Dec 14, 2012
Sorry to vent but I am SO upset over this school tragedy. I know the mother of this murderer is dead ... Killed by her own son but she was a trained child observer. How could she NOT know how dangerous and disturbed her son was? And why did she have guns in the same house with a mentally disturbed son??!! I'm sorry... But she was AN IDIOT. The answer to problems like this is not more big brother gov regulations, but people around these nut jobs have to start acting when they observe a problem.

The crazy lady that murdered three professors could have been stopped so many times. She killed her brother, sent a pipe bomb to a professor, attacked a lady in a restaurant, but at every turn people let her keep slipping through the cracks
The nut that killed those people in that theater had two university doctors say he was dangerous. At WV, a school shrink's alert fell in a crack. ENOUGH!!! Only people being observant and concerned can stop these horrible events before they happen. Guns do not kill... people do.

Location hidden

#9055 Dec 14, 2012
On a happier note my twins graduate college tomorrow. They each received the outstanding undergraduate student in the college of Science.
Their grades were darn near identical so I guess it was a tie.:)

Location hidden

#9056 Dec 14, 2012
CopyThat,
I do not think it is a coincidence that the coupons are all blocked with the lame $15 off during the big Moissanite push. You noted it rarely appears on preowns. I heard Charles say if any of the Holiday Collection is left after Jan 1 that he is taking it back.

Wonderful Moissanite shows today! With diamonds headed to silver and being road salt gravel, what's not to live about a gorgeous clean sparkling jewel?:-)

Location hidden

#9057 Dec 14, 2012
When I heard about the killings at the elementary school I was driving home. I was just horrified. I've taught in kindergarten as a school counselor and it made my heart race to think about it. School counselors are trained for the "lock downs" and crisis. I often wondered about something like this happening but never conceived of such a carnage in an elementary school. To think of a WHOLE CLASSROOM of those little ones killed is just horrible! They told the chldren to hold onto each other and close their eyes while walking out?? My God in heaven what if one curious child opened them! The photos on television show people who are in shock adn traumatized.

I do know that parents of our extremely trouble elementary children would excuse everything they did. They were skilled at blaming everyone. They were the ones who would refuse to let them get psychological evaluations. Or they would refuse to take them to therapy or get family therapy. We would deal with the children as best as we could.

I bet a whole lot of children will be going to "Home Schooling" after this.

Do you know what I think needs to happen? They need to stop reporting these incidents on the news. It gives other people the idea of doing it and they think it is a way to get their name before the world.

I also think the violent video games and horror movies are why this happens more and more. Get those ideas in an unstable mind and it is just the catalist for danger. One of my former friends, let her son watch Night mare on Elm Street over and over and over. Sick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Bongo 110,275
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min PadMark 675,592
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 37 min Classic 4,087
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 54 min Retribution 15
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr gabrielwanker 982,212
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,752
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 46,194
More from around the web