Birdies group

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#8874 Nov 28, 2012
Mrs.Dolittle,
I think the ring will go well with my moissanite bracelet. I would like to get MSF037 next time they get some in as it different from any other style I have with the square stone.

Location hidden

#8875 Nov 28, 2012
Bella, I love the ring you just got. I have never seen an oval in the Moissanite fire. Very nice.

Nora, I am sorry the peacock didn't work for you. I guess my affinity for it is because it matches my "name"

Shopping Gal, I like all the moissanites you are picking, too.

Is anyone else having issues with the topix page today? Every time I come today, my anti-virus pops up and tells me 3 viruses are trying to attach my computer. It's only on this site that it does that.

Mrs. Dolittle, you should use the coupon to get yourself a moissanite, too. They are stunning.

Location hidden

#8876 Nov 28, 2012
Mrs.Peacock,
I have not had any issues with Topix but I am using the mobile version of it on my IPhone.

Have you gotten another tree yet?

Location hidden

#8877 Nov 28, 2012
No tree. We are maybe going to save the one we got with new lights.

Location hidden

#8878 Nov 28, 2012
We just got our Tree Classics tree out and about 25 or 30 of the bulbs were no good. We used up all the replacement bulbs we had but still need more. Good grief! We just got it in 2011. Still it was only $200. And the attic was really hot with all the 100 plus degrees days last summer. I wish we could go back to the old fashioned REAL Christmas trees that smelled so fresh throughout the house.

Location hidden

#8879 Nov 29, 2012
Nora, Those attics are horrible on Christmas decorations. We started putting ours in the basement when some stuff actually melted up there. If you don't have a basement, then I guess the attic is the only place.

This weekend I may not attempt anything with the tree. I think I will concentrate on putting out the other stuff around the house first this time.

Location hidden

#8880 Nov 29, 2012
Cannot wait to hear about Nora's 2.25 ct. champagne diamond ring that is like the one Bella and I own!! I am praying that she gets a "good" one just like we did.

Location hidden

#8881 Nov 30, 2012
The ring is so beautiful! What sparkle! Like molten gold like Bella said. Fireworks for your finger. And such and unusual setting! I will now stop buying until I pay off the bills.

We don't have a basement. I wish builders would go back to building homes with basements. Especially with these horrible tornadoes we have.

Location hidden

#8882 Nov 30, 2012
Nora, Bella had the right word coined, "molten gold". It is the most sparkly ring I own and I am not kidding. I am in agreement with you to quit buying for now and give it a rest,lol!!

Location hidden

#8884 Nov 30, 2012
Good to hear from you Diamonds. I did cancel the order for the Moissanite studs. I have to stop this or we will never be out of debt.

How exciting that your mother and neshew are going with you and the girls.I want to hear how they liked the trip!

And being a secret santa is so cool!It fills your heart with warmth.

Location hidden

#8885 Nov 30, 2012
Well, I called KTV and made sure the order would NOT be cancelled. Talked to two people about it.

My husband just complete a call to counselors to help him quit smoking. He is going to use the gum and electronic cigarette.

Bella, I so agree about Moissanite!

Location hidden

#8886 Nov 30, 2012
Ladies, I just got some disturbing news in the mail. My credit card number was stolen and someone charged $2500 on my card at Office Max and Apple Store!! I was in shock when I opened my statement to see those charges. We disputed them right away, and we shouldn't have to pay them. I just hope they haven't charged anything else, like on Black Friday. They cancelled the card and we will have to get new ones.

Diamonds, glad to hear from you.

Nora, GREAT NEWS about your hubby wanting to quit smoking! I hope your moissanite studs are winners. They are on my short list of things I want to get someday.

Location hidden

#8887 Nov 30, 2012
Mrs. Peacock,
Sorry to hear about your stolen credit card. Do you have any idea where the numbers were stolen? The card people should be able to give you a complete list of all charges. They should have notified you of any suspiscious charges.

I second that It is good to hear from Diamonds!

Location hidden

#8888 Nov 30, 2012
Yeah, Bella. That was my thought....why didn't THEY at the credit card company call me? The purchases were made online, so maybe that's why it didn't raise alarm. I have no idea how they got the number. I know I have been charging a lot lately, but that has mostly been on a different card. I was surprised to see that bill so high when I opened the envelop. I am NOT going to take responsibility for those charges. It's not like I have been risky with the card. I basically only shop 3-5 stores online, and they are all reliable sites.

Location hidden

#8889 Nov 30, 2012
Contact the store and demand to know where the merchandise was shipped because it sure as hell was not shipped to you. Get the address and you have the thieves.

Location hidden

#8890 Nov 30, 2012
Mrs. Peacock, That is so scary! I check my CC charges all the time.

I hope my husband does quit smoking! I've hoped that our whole marriage.

Location hidden

#8892 Dec 1, 2012
Mrspeacock, so sorry about your credit card, I am going right now to check mine.
Bella, that is great advice about getting the address, something I don't think I would have thought to do!

Location hidden

#8893 Dec 1, 2012
Mrs P., I check my credit card everyday online. That has happened to me twice and I had no idea how they get the card numbers either. One time it was for nutrasystem meals for $299 and the last time it was for games and music for around $150. You are not responsible for any of it so don't worry. When it happened to my MIL two years ago she never got another card and just pays with checks and cash but that is a hassle.

Location hidden

#8894 Dec 1, 2012
The earrings were cancelled despite my phone call. Oh well that is OK. We really can not afford them!

I'm going to check my cards.

Location hidden

#8895 Dec 1, 2012
I check my credit card statements when they come. I usually don't check online. I should do that more often, but I have a lot of cards to check on. Each one seems to have a different use---gas on that one, groceries on that, department stores, etc. It's a lot to keep an eye on.

Citibank is going to do the legwork and see where the merchandise was shipped and go from there. If these thieves are pros, they probably went to a fake address (like a foreclosure) and they have moved on from there. Considering it was $2500, and it seems like they bought all electronics, I bet they are pros. The merchandise is probably on ebay for sale right now. I hope they get caught.

Nora, sorry about the earrings. I guess you can try again later.

Mrs. Dolittle, cash and checks are a hassle these days, I agree.

Bella, the purchases were made online so they are harder to track, I guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min Just Think 692,156
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr youareadufus 47,236
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr youareadufus 990,712
Crackdown On Liberal Safe Space 1 hr HalloChristmasWeen 1
THE WHITAKER FAMILY of ODD, WV (Sep '11) 4 hr Just curious 78
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 5 hr Johnny 471
TWA Flight 800 (Jul '13) 7 hr Doctor REALITY 13
More from around the web