Birdies group

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#8814 Nov 24, 2012
Mrsdolittle, I bet we could name a lot of things that would be new again...I bet we could name a lot of things that would be new again.LOLLOLLOL:))))) We could have a new husband everyday, our jewelry, we could even make "new" friends everyday.lol:)))))
How far can we take this?????

Location hidden

#8815 Nov 24, 2012
Mrsdolittle, I think we are too easily amused.LOL:))

Location hidden

#8816 Nov 24, 2012
Copycat, Too funny!!:):) I need to be amused in this old age of mine. Two years and 5 months until the big day. That is, the day I will be getting my S.S. check,lol!!

Location hidden

#8817 Nov 24, 2012
And now you have something big to look forward too...if you can remember it, if not, imagine how excited you will be when the checks start coming each month.:)))

Location hidden

#8818 Nov 24, 2012
Sorry to be absent. I need to go back and read all your posts. I will later, I promise. I came to post about the Gem Gala on ShopNBC. They are doing stuff that' crazy! They have tahitian pearl earrings buy one get one for a $1! They did it on a ring, too. I bought the tahitians because I do not have any in earrings. They have both colors of 14kt gold, too.

Location hidden

#8819 Nov 24, 2012
Girls it is very cold here today and we have snow flurries, it is 12 degrees right now with the wind blowing. I had even thought of ordering my little doggie girls a coat to wear when hey go outside:)))

Mrs P., Glad to see you back! I figured with your hubby home you two were out shopping and doing thing together and that was why you were absent. I see Chuck on SHOPNBC right now, I had been watching gem shopping with the estate jewelry by Sam on directv channel 228.

Copycat, with the prices of groceries still climbing and beef at an all time high, I will look forward to getting that supplemental check. You cannot hardly afford to buy beef anymore; even top grade hamburger is outrageously high!

Location hidden

#8820 Nov 24, 2012
One more years for me to get that SS check, too. It was very cold this morning.

I did get my Art.com order. It was on the porch of a vacant house with our same house number.

Oh and girls, I'm bad about moving something from where it belongs and putting it away in an odd place and then I can't find it. I do like the idea of watching movies and finding them to be like watching them for the first time!

Have any of you put away a piece of jewelry and then you can't find it? I hate it when I do that. I'll wonder if I sold it on Ebay or something and then finally it turns up!

Location hidden

#8821 Nov 24, 2012
Mrspeacock, thanks for the heads up about the pearls at NBC, I went straight to NBC and bought me a pair and one for my daughter-in-law, I missed out on the WG but they are still in 14 K, I'm sure she will love them and a gold gift for a $1.00, heck that will NEVER happen again!!! YeeeHawwww, I'm doing me some kinda happy dance!!!!!!lol:)))

Location hidden

#8822 Nov 24, 2012
OK. I caught up on posts. It sounds like we all agree that it's best to shop online as much as possible.

Copythat, I am glad you found your Nativity. They are soo special when handed down. We have my hubby's mom's set. It was made in and came over from Italy. I think it may have been her mother's set before her. There is moss on the manger part, and a little more of it falls off and is lost every year. We wrap all the pieces up so carefully and place them in the box to keep them in good condition to keep for a long time.

Nora, congrats on both champagne rings. I am sure you will love the HNV one because you know 2 others that have it and love it.

Bella, I am glad you like your moissanites. I think once you see them in person, they make a believer of you.

Mrs. Dolittle, what does it say about me that I ALREADY see movies and forget them, so they are new to me? Or, I misplace stuff and can't find it. I am not even 40 yet, and I am doing these things.

As for KTV's door busters. I did buy one that was a moissanite kit -- item MDKIT00030. I haven't seen many other door busters that made me want to buy. Maybe a piece in Bella Luce. There was not a big diamond piece or gemstone in gold that really wowed.

The only shopping I did today was the tahitian earring deal at ShopNBC. Other than that, I went to the grocery store to get a few things seasonal favorites like peppermint ice cream and egg nog.

Location hidden

#8823 Nov 24, 2012
Copythat, I just saw your post on the tahitians!!! I am so glad you got them, too :). I was able to get one of each. I may give one to my mom, or I may keep both. If they look really good, it will be hard to give one up. Under $95 each pair in 14kt!! Happy Dancing here, too!

Location hidden

#8824 Nov 24, 2012
Mrspeacock, I couldn't believe it when you said buy the next for a dollar, I went as fast as my computer woud carry me to NBC, put the WG in my cart, went to check out and it said "you have sold out items in your cart" I was so dissapointed, so I went as fast as I could to see if the YG were sold out and they weren't, so I got 2 pairs of them, what an unbelievble deal!!!

My son called me today (he carried my 2 grandsons hunting) while he was still in the woods, to tell me that he loved me, said he was thinking about us and just wanted us to know, he also told his Dad, just made my day, especially since I figured that he called to see if I would keep the 2 girls, they can really surprise you sometimes!

I have been feeling very nostalgic this holiday season, guess cancer has a way of making you do that, it also makes you realize your blessings and to remember to thank God for them!!!

Location hidden

#8825 Nov 24, 2012
Wow !! Nice earrings for a dollar. If the cannot have doorbusters like the diamond ring in gold from a couple of years ago, then they need to give doorbusters like ShopNBC. JTV had that awful ring with the ugly grey diamonds as a doorbuster. They should have given that ugly thing away free.

A year and a half till my SS check. I have earned it after working full time for 35 years.

Location hidden

#8826 Nov 24, 2012
I only bought one champagne ring. Bella, bought two. Only a dollar for 14K pearl earrings? Incredible!

I do appreciate my blessings and think about them often. Building my relationship with God has created such a great feeling of peace and contentment. It is really special. Add to that how well my father is doing, the love of my husband, family and friends. I never would have dreamed my life would turn out like this!

Location hidden

#8827 Nov 24, 2012
Bella, JTV should have been ashamed to put that ring out there for a doorbuster! That is like a slap in the face after the nice 3 ct. one they had last year. Shoppinggal bought it later on preowns and she said it was exquisite.

Copycat and Mrs P,, Shopnbc really did have a very good door buster on those pearl earrings. Now that is what I call a "real" door buster! Too bad JTV could not offer a comparable deal for its customers who have faithfully shopped there all year long.

Location hidden

#8828 Nov 24, 2012
Copythat, how nice of your son to do that. I wonder what struck him to do that while hunting. It is very sweet, though.

Nora, sorry. I must have read the post wrong. Which of the champagnes did you get? The one like Bella and Mrs. Dolittle's? Either ring would be nice.

Bella, did you see any of the Moissanite show today? I saw a 2 carat 3-stone ring for $339. Looked nice on tv.

Location hidden

#8829 Nov 24, 2012
Mrs. Dolittle, I was looking in ShopNBC clearance, and the monkey ring wasn't there anymore. I guess they sold out. I should get mine Monday since UPS was off Thurs and Fri. They seem to sell a lot of clearance on days when there is free shipping with their ShopNBC card. Makes sense, I guess.

I saw 2 more items I bought a little over a month ago on sale today for less. I can't get the difference back because it has been too long. I guess the ladies who got it today got one heck of a deal because it's Black Friday Weekend. Good for them :).

Location hidden

#8830 Nov 24, 2012
Yes. I got one like Mrs. Dolittle's and Bella.

Location hidden

#8831 Nov 25, 2012
Mrs.Peacock,
I DVR'd the Moissanite show and watched it. That is a gorgeous ring. Charkes just introduced it this past week on his Facebook page.

They finally shipped my Holiday Bracelet. Cannot wait to see it.

I guess after Cyber Monday, shopping will level out to normal Christmas levels. ;)

Location hidden

#8832 Nov 25, 2012
Bella, You bought the Holiday bracelet? I bet it is stunning! I DVR'd the Moissanite show and agree the 3 stone ring for $339 was exceptional!
MSF228

It is like spring here! Doesn't feel like Christmas! Tomorrow m stepson will be 47!

Location hidden

#8833 Nov 25, 2012
It's freeeezing here. I wish it was warmer. It was in the low 20's last night, and it only got up to 32 today!

I sure am tired. I am too out of shape to move furniture and boxes around the house. I get sore and worn out so fast. In order to get out the Christmas stuff, we have to move tables and a small couch. We went through the stuff I bought for people so far to see what I still need to get. I never got around to actually decorating. Maybe I will get somewhere next weekend. I still need to fix the QVC tree or get a new one. I may do the tree last this year instead of first.

I will be shopping online tomorrow for sure. I hope there will be some deals for my my bro-in-law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min New Age Spiritual... 678,784
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min Voyeur 184,825
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 16 min fingers mcgurke 2,285
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 26 min Aerobatty 118,796
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 2 hr New Age Spiritual... 33,213
"....I don't want to call them 'monsters'...bec... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr curtjester1 46,209
More from around the web