Birdies group

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#8734 Nov 19, 2012
Ladies, I saw something interesting on ShopNBC, and I bought it for my hubby. They have Thomas Kincade art on now. There was a new limited edition of a "Christmas Story"---the movie with Ralphie and the Red Rider BB gun. Anyway, it depics several scenes from the movie, like the family home with the leg lamp in the window; the scene where his friend Flick sticks his tongue to the flag pole and it freezes; the fire truck coming to rescue the poor kid. They even had the Bumpus family hound dogs from next door. It's one of the movies we watch every year for Christmas, and I think it will be a really unique gift. Supposedly they only made 595 of them, and they sold really fast. There might be a few left.

I also liked the one called "All Aboard for Christmas" with a big train scene. It reminded me of Polar Express :).

Location hidden

#8735 Nov 19, 2012
Mrs. Peacock,
My favorite artists are Thomas Kincade and Terry Redlin. I love how they depict light in their paintings. Sadly Kincade passed away this year and Redlin is in a nursing home with Alzheimer's.:-(

Have you seen the Hallmark Christmas movie "Christmas Cottage" about Thomas Kincade? Hubby and I enjoyed it.

Location hidden

#8736 Nov 19, 2012
Copythat, I'm sorry to read about your husband's coming surgery. Will they get it done before the end of the year? It would be awful to be in so much pain!!!

I like all of the moissanite rings you are getting. I did not realize they were a real gemstone. I have a Diamonique ring from QVC in yellow gold. NOT the same as Moissanite?

As you can tell I haven't had time to watch KTV lately. Or I've been recording the wrong shows!

Location hidden

#8737 Nov 20, 2012
Bella, I love Kincade's art very much. Someone once gave us a very small painting of his for Christmas, and then I bought a large print that is hanging in my dining room. I know he passed away this year, so I figure there aren't going to be too many more he signed. The Christmas Story one will be treasured as we love Christmas and Kincade.

Nora, moissanite is lab created now because there wasn't enough that came from the original meteorite to make jewelry. It's so much more realistic than Z when compared to diamond.

Location hidden

#8738 Nov 20, 2012
Moissonite is an actual jewel. It was discovered in the Diablo meteor crater in Arizona in 1893 by Henri Moissan.
Until the 1950s no other source, apart from meteorites, had been encountered. Later moissanite was found as inclusion in kimberlite from a diamond mine in Yakutia in 1959, and in the Green River Formation in Wyoming in 1958.
Moissanite, in its natural form, is very rare. It has only been discovered in a small variety of places from upper mantle rock to meteorites. Discoveries have shown that moissanite occurs naturally as inclusions in diamonds, xenoliths, and ultramafic rocks such as kimberlite and lamproite.
Moissanite was introduced to the jewelry market in 1998. It is regarded as an excellent fine jewel, with optical properties exceeding those of diamond. Its ethical production makes it a popular alternative to diamonds. Moissanite is considered a forever gemstone like a diamond. On the Moh's Scale it is a 9.5 with a diamond being a 10.[3] Moissanite is stronger than a Sapphire or a Ruby. In many developed countries, the use of moissanite in jewelry has been patented.

Charles & Colvard is the exclusive global supplier of moissanite, a patented jewel with unrivaled brilliance and fire. Charles & Colvard Created Moissanite® offers more beauty for less investment

discover Breathtaking Fire
Hold fire’s intensity in your hand. Let it blaze from the curve of your neck with an inner beauty that rivals your own. No gem can compare to the alluring brilliance and scintillation of moissanite; dancing with sparkles of bright light that exceeds everyone’s expectations. Be inspired by its unique internal beauty that brings jewelry to life making that bold statement you aspire for at a fraction of the cost of other gemstones.
First uncovered in a meteorite and impossibly rare on earth, Charles & Colvard® patented the innovative high-tech process that creates this brilliant jewel from silicon carbide, the world’s second-hardest substance. More durable than sapphire, ruby or emerald; moissanite’s beauty will last for generations.
The World’s Most Brilliant Gem
Why do so many women prefer Charles & Colvard Created Moissanite to other colorless gems? It outshines any other gem... side by side, there’s no comparison.
With a refractive index of 2.65-2.69, moissanite exhibits more brilliance than diamond.
And thanks to a dispersion that’s 2.4 times higher than diamond, moissanite bends light into mesmerizing rainbow flashes of fire... over two times more than diamond, ruby, emerald or sapphire. By day and by night, moissanite simply dances with light.
And, carat for carat, no gem adds more beauty to your life for less of an investment. When you choose moissanite jewelry, you don’t have to compromise.
Shoppinggal

Falmouth, MI

#8739 Nov 20, 2012
NORA & MRSPEACOCK...Moissanite is beautiful and looks more like a diamond than any cz does that's for sure. I am waiting for one more moisannite ring before I decide which one to keep. It will be a decision between MSJ126 and MSF278. I sent MSJ093 back yesterday. It was a nice ring but I just didn't like the style on my hand.

I ordered the peacock ring last night. They had one in a size 8 and I used the 20% coupon thanks to NORA and thanks to MRSDOLITTLE letting me know they finally had a size 8 back.

I see all of the new Park Avenue pieces seem to be gold over brass. I didn't know silver was getting that expensive???

Location hidden

#8740 Nov 20, 2012
Very educational, Bella. I didn't know it had been found in Russia and Wyoming, also. I like the brilliance in the stones I have. I still want some big honkin' studs :).

Location hidden

#8741 Nov 20, 2012
Shopping Gal, that is SOOO disappointing that Tony M. of Park Ave. would allow that to happen. Bronze jewelry? Gold over Silver was bad enough, but I like his designs and accepted it. He shouldn't water down the goods with bronze. He'll lose me as a customer.

Location hidden

#8742 Nov 20, 2012
Ugh... Hard the believe Park Avenue has gone to bronze. Does this portent what Stratify will evolve to?

The big honker ring shipped today. It should come tomorrow via UPS.

Location hidden

#8743 Nov 20, 2012
Bella, I CANNOT wait to hear all about that "big daddy" that you will be getting tomorrow!!! It is back like old times when all of us would wait with anticipation for the arrival of one of our ya ya sister's rings!! So happy for you girl!!

I hate to hear that park avenue is going the way of a much cheaper metal. I bet staetify will soon follow. Why when they have a good thing do they have to resort to cheaper alternatives is beyond me!!

Location hidden

#8744 Nov 20, 2012
There are 154 preowns up and I bought me a beautiful large Ethiopian opal ring in gold. Hope it is going to be pretty, it is PRW1045.There is one left in a size 5.5.I do not own an ethiopian ring but have the lightning ridge opal ring I got on Ebay last year. It flashes very pretty colors of blue and green and is over 3 ct.

Location hidden

#8745 Nov 20, 2012
Mrs. Dolittle, nice opal find. Did you use Nora's coupon from this morning?

Bella, I can't wait to see what that honker looks like! I bet it will blind you and everyone around you :).

Location hidden

#8746 Nov 20, 2012
Mrs P., Yes, I made good use of the coupon that Nora sent to us,lol!!! Was hoping we would get a 305 off ne but I think they only id that during their 19th anniversary month.

Mrs P., What all have you bought lately from KTV and shopnbc?

Location hidden

#8747 Nov 20, 2012
Mrs.Dolittle,
I think that is the prettiest and biggest Ethiopian Opal ring JTV has ever had. I cannot wait to hear about it when you get it.:-)
I am still stunned that Tony M. has gone to brass. By this time next year, thanks to the sour economy, I bet gold over silver had replaced gold and gold pieces are a very small part of JTV's inventory. Stratify will be gold over bronze. Sigh.
I bought that Champagne diamond ring ya'll liked the other night with the coupon. Hopefully it will not have the problem Nora's ring had. I could not resist as it looks like it would go really well with my champagne diamond bracelet.

Location hidden

#8748 Nov 20, 2012
Bella, I am highly anticipating the arrival of that door stopper, can't wait to see the pic and hear how you like moissanite.
I am in the mood to buy another one, just don't know which one yet. I heard Charles W say that he was going to be back the 23-27, will try to hold out to see if he brings any thing new.

Location hidden

#8749 Nov 20, 2012
Bella, What was the item number of the champagne ring you just bought? Also, our ring ( champagne one) is really selling out fast, there are only two different sizes left and there has been like 5.

I HATE to see this time next year. I bet there will only be a very few rings left in a solid gold. They will eventually be that brass stuff, UGGH!!

I cannot wait to hear all about the big boy, I FEEL like I am the one getting it,lol!!

Location hidden

#8750 Nov 20, 2012
Mrs. Dolittle, I went a little crazy at ShopNBC. They had some really good deals. I got the Kellie Anne earrings, some Chuck stacker rings, Michael Valitutti Carnaval eternity ring and matching bracelet and cameo earrings. The only item over $100 was the bracelet for $147. Everything else was $59-$98. Good deals. I was able to get a credit on something I just bought a month ago, and that helped me pay for some of that.

Ladies, my Christmas tree was just recalled for possible fire hazard! QVC is offering either a replacement power base or full refund. I am leaning toward the refund, however, that may mean finding a new tree quickly. Any suggestions on easy to set up pre-lit trees?

Location hidden

#8751 Nov 20, 2012
Mrs P.,, I would definitely go with the refund too as you do not want a fire hazard like that in your house, that is SCARY!! I was thinking that Nora got a tree on the web last year and it was a good price, ask her.

It was good when you bought those items at SHOPNBC at the bargain basement prices they were having as that saves a lot of dough.

Did SHOPNBC refund you the $100 difference on the fire opal bracelet????? I sure hope they did since it was only 1 day over the 30 day refund.If they did not I believe I would just return it after Christmas for a full refund as you have until Jan. 31 anyhow.

Location hidden

#8752 Nov 20, 2012
The champagne ring is NVC548.

I took your advice and ordered the Moissonite Fire bracelet to go with the big honker. It came today and I saw my first Moissonite. OMG!! OMG!!
All that hype the is much more refractive than a diamond is TRUE!!! I can shine my LED light on it and it is GORGEOUS! Puts a diamond to shame!!! I feel like I died and went to sparkling jewel heaven. INCREDIBLE!!(I still love my diamonds though.:-)
I feel like this bracelet is like those sparking disco balls. WOW!!!!

Location hidden

#8753 Nov 20, 2012
No, Mrs. Dolittle. I bought the fire opal bracelet back before Chucks anniversary in Sept. I got the difference back on a ring I bought with a cameo in it. It was about $35 difference, so that helped pay for a stacker.

I am leaning toward refund too. Hubby says we can put our own lights on it and try to use it anyway. I don't know if I want to full around with that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 4 min andet1987 139
Mark Zuckerberg Is A Zionist Jew (Jul '12) 4 min Johnny 7
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 18 min andet1987 3,031
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr Johnny 5,016
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 1 hr ET Proxima 76
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aura Mytha 974,734
Please send me nude pics humans 1 hr ET Proxima 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Aura Mytha 70,878
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Michael 658,713
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 282,986
More from around the web