Birdies group

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#8651 Nov 13, 2012
I believe it is only the stone itself that has a guarentee on it and not the setting, I will have to say it is one of the prettiest moissanites that I have and I own, and I have around 7 or 8.

Location hidden

#8652 Nov 13, 2012
CopyThat,
We're you collecting Moissonite before JTV started carrying it?

Location hidden

#8653 Nov 13, 2012
Yes, I had a few pieces, but mainly I have gotten it from them.

Location hidden

#8656 Nov 13, 2012
CopyThat,
How does Moissonite look compared next to a real diamond?

Location hidden

#8657 Nov 13, 2012
Bella, it really depends on the quality of the diamond, the better the diamond the more equally they compare. The moissanite is not white (at least none of mine are), it does have some body color, which is how I like my diamonds. I have a 3 stone ring that has SI diamonds, the moissanite and the ring look very much alike, I actually wear a diamond band with my moissanite.
I carried a moissanite ring to my jeweler to be sized, he thought it was a diamond.

Location hidden

#8658 Nov 13, 2012
Copythat, I don't see where you got the ring or what happened. Sounds like it was broken?

Location hidden

#8660 Nov 14, 2012
Nora, bought a PO platineve ring a few months ago and it has tarnished, I had bought the ring to take the stone out and place in a 14K semi mount, so it wasn't a big deal.

Location hidden

#8661 Nov 14, 2012
Well, today is Weds already. I haven't bought the turkey, dressing,etc. nor have I bought a single Christmas gift. I gotta get with the program. I'm afraid to leave the dog while she is healing. She managed to get the cone collar off this morning but I immediately caught her! So when hubby gets home from golf, I'll go buy the food.

I love the peacock ring!! It is so pretty and fun. It is just cute!!! I'd feel comfortable wearing with jeans.

Location hidden

#8662 Nov 14, 2012
I have not gotten my Turkey Day groceries yet either. Hubby and I have had the crud. Hubby actually had pneumonia but he is better now.

Nora,
So happy to hear your Dad is doing so well.

Any word on how Broadway Babe is doing?

Location hidden

#8663 Nov 14, 2012
Broadway Babe has had power back and is doing fine now.

Oh I'm so sorry you both have been so sick, especially since your husbnd got pneumonia!!!

I went out and bought the feast fixings. Some how the store did not charge me for the turkey of all things! I'm takng the receipt and tag over and paying them tomorrow.

Location hidden

#8664 Nov 15, 2012
Bella, I sure hate hearing that you have that old crud and your hubby has pneumonia. You two just stay in; rest and take it easy. Let us know how you all get as we are very concerned about you and hubby :)))

Location hidden

#8665 Nov 15, 2012
Bella, how are you and hubby feeling today?

Sure do miss everyone posting, guess everyone is busy getting ready for the holidays.

Nora, how is Nova today?

Location hidden

#8666 Nov 15, 2012
copycat,I am here!I miss the everyone's post also very much! My MIL is going to have the Thanksgiving dinner over at her house and I will do the Christmas dinner.So I am not busy with any preparations until the Christmas dinner. What are you going to do for Thanksgiving dinner or are you going somewhere else? Will yoiu have your children and grandchildren over? I remember you telling us of the table of desserts that you would bake and I could almost taste everything you described :)))

Location hidden

#8667 Nov 15, 2012
Nora, I have been thinking of Novas also and wondering how she is doing? Hope she is in better spirits than she was a few days ago :)))

Location hidden

#8668 Nov 15, 2012
Sorry to be absent on posting since Tues. I have been busy with laundry and household stuff. Also, my hubby is off today and tomorrow, so I haven't had much time to get on the computer.

What'd I miss?

Any big sales or deals?

Bella, sorry you and hubby are sick. I just got over that stuff that lasted 2 full weeks. Hubby caught it from me, but it didn't hit him as hard.

Nora, I hope the shopping for Thanksgiving went well. I think they are lucky you are honest to bring back the turkey tag to charge you for it.

Mrs. Dolittle, I am glad you don't have to cook this time around.

Copythat, I am wondering what's on your menu, also. Sounds like we should all be coming to see you :).

I don't know what we are doing for Thanksgiving. If my Dad is sick, my mom doesn't want to have it. Something is wrong with his teeth or jaw. I don't know what could cause that.

Location hidden

#8669 Nov 15, 2012
We will be having Thnks giving dinner at my house, both kids and grandkids will be here, my son always deep fries a turkey (YUUUUMMMMM) and we cook a turkey breast in our crock pot, the juice that accumulates makes the best dressing and gravy, and of course the meat just falls off the bone. Christmas is when we cook all the major sweets, but not like I used to do when the kids were little, 2 conference tables full of cakes, pies, candy and cookies.

Mrsdolittle, I am thankful that you have been posting, it is so lonesome when all of us aren't.

I noticed that a lot of the diamond rings in gold are missing off of the web, wonder if they are putting them back for the diamond shows in a few days.

Location hidden

#8670 Nov 15, 2012
Copycat, I ALWAYS try to post every day as to keep up our little forum. I hate to see it get so inactive as we were such a close knit group.I post even though there is not much going on to post about.

Copycat, I remember you talking about all those delicious desserts, sounds so good!

I bet they are pulling them off so has to have them on the diamond shows soon. I did order an adjustable gold plated chain today that is 24 inches long, the last one on their website. It has already shipped too.

Location hidden

#8671 Nov 15, 2012
Mrsdolittle, now that's fast shipping. Your right, we need to post something every day just to keep it going, hate to see it all stop, we'll just have to try our best.

Location hidden

#8672 Nov 15, 2012
Hubby is much better now and back at work. I seem to be much better too. Thank you for all your get we'll wishes.:-)

We are starting to get out Thanksgiving groceries. We have to get the dressing and casserole ingredients before the stuff is picked over.

CopyThat,
You sure put out some big spread in year's past! I do still have some pumpkin pie even if it us bad for my blood sugar.
Which rings in gold are JTV pulling?

Mrs.Dolittle,
I ordered that pretty ruby and chrome ring, pendant, and earrings for oldest and me this weekend. Got them today.,the shipping seems to be faster.

Location hidden

#8673 Nov 15, 2012
Bella, I'm glad you are better now! That is extremely fast shipping!

I've been polishing silver today. Very satisfying work to see the silver polish up so pretty.

I love the old and big family feasts we had. Our family is down to only 5 this year. My stepson is visiting a girlfriend.

I went to the grocery store with the turkey tag and my receipt. I asked the manager if they were giving free turkeys away this year. He looked puzzled and I showed him the receipt and tag. The bar code on the tag was wrinkled so she thought it rang up and it didn't. I paid for my bird. They did have a discount on turkeys.$1.14. Went outside and gave the salvation army bell ringer a dollar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min confrinting with ... 667,660
Good looking 18yo Male snap for hella nude swap 3 min Flower6063 3
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Buck Crick 92,467
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 7 min Rubs6085 70,222
Proof Donald Trump Never Mocked A Handicap 11 min Grinder1373 3
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min RADEKT 285,994
Get More Than 140 Paid-Up Courses For Free 20 min Stars273 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr trifecta1 979,343
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Lickz8951 183,615
More from around the web