Birdies group

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#7689 Aug 24, 2012
Bella, I had not seen that Toy Shop. I guess it's not on the schedule for today. Neat and detailed scene, though.

I got a chubby Santa luminary, too. He is item H191501 at QVC.

Location hidden

#7690 Aug 24, 2012
Mrs. Poe, I hope your husband does really well with his surgery. Will he get to come home today? My husband's went well this summer. Now he is back to playing golf.

Location hidden

#7691 Aug 24, 2012
My QVC live viewer isn't working. I don'tknow if it's my computer or QVC that is having the issues.

Would some of you ladies go to QVC.com and click on the link "Watch LIVE TV" and see if the window opens and streams the show? I would really appreciate it. I have missed the whole temp-tations show already. I really need to know if it's my problem or theirs.
Shoppinggal

Metamora, MI

#7692 Aug 24, 2012
MRSPOE...please be sure to let us know how your hubby is doing with his surgery. Prayers for you both!

MRSDOLITTLE...happy to hear your little furry friend is doing okay. Whenever anything isn't right with mine, I'm a mess too.

MRSPEACOCK...thank you so much for the email this morning. I got my Manet ring today and it is just gorgeous. I have white, yellow, green, some blue, a few peach and I was really surprised to have quite a few pink diamonds in it. The ring really sparkles. In the sun it is blinding. I am so glad I ordered it.
Shoppinggal

Metamora, MI

#7693 Aug 24, 2012
MRSPEACOCK...I just went to QVC and tried to use the live viewer too and nothing happened. All I got was a blank screen. So, it's got to be them and not you.

Location hidden

#7694 Aug 24, 2012
Thanks, Shopping Gal for checking.

Glad that Manet ring is a winner. I don't have many pinks in mine, but it sparkles like crazy! It's very unique....you probably will not meet anyone else that has one.

Location hidden

#7695 Aug 24, 2012
I was checking to see if MrsPoe had posted anything on her hubby, but I see she hasn't,maybe she will soon.

Shoppinggal, those Manet rings are beautiful, I have one and it has a lot of pinks in it, and as you said it is blinding in the sun.

Mrsdolittle, is your little girl still O.K.?

Mrspeacock, have you seen any pictures of the new baby yet?

Finally got to see "Hope Springs", I laughed until I had tears in my eyes, really enjoyed it.

Location hidden

#7696 Aug 24, 2012
Copythat, I did see one right after birth photo. Poor little red wrinkly pic. I want to see the cute ones when she is all cleaned up and gained a couple more pounds.

Sent you all a coupon for Papa Johns Pizza.

Location hidden

#7697 Aug 24, 2012
copycat, Miss Mindy is still doing good today. She has been on Lasix for the last month for congestive heart failure as she has an enlarged heart. Thanks for asking and keep her and us in your prayers.

Mrs P., I love that santa and snowman you got. I was awake last night when they appeared on the special value of the day and I love Valerie Parr Hill's creations :))))

Location hidden

#7698 Aug 24, 2012
Mrs P., Thanks so much for the pizza coupon!

Location hidden

#7699 Aug 24, 2012
Hey, I like pizza. It's nice not to cook when it's hot! I hope some of you can use it. If not, you probably know people who can.

I love Valerie Parr Hill. She has such neat decorations and ideas. They had her set of 6 candles that she did for last Christmas on last night, but they weren't marked down at all. I was hoping for a sale on those so I could get a couple sets for gifts. Maybe closer to Christmas they will mark it down. I liked her carolers a lot, too.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#7700 Aug 24, 2012
Hi to all my lovely ZaZa's,
Thanks to all of you for asking about my husband. He wound up having to stay overnite at the hospital, but he came home today. He had a double hernia, and surgery was more complex than expected. However, thanks to painkillers, he is doing ok at home so far. When the painkillers wear out, he just keeps popping more, or he says the pain is very bad. But day by day, he will heal. Thanks for all of your prayers. I was one worried nut case!!! I lost my poor sister a year ago this week, and health of my loved ones lays heavily on my mind sometimes....so thanks to all of you. You guys are so special.

Bella,
Did you hear that Lance is no longer battling the charges against him? He is a class act. It's just enough already. Let the poor man alone.

Mrs. Dolittle,
I am glad your little girl is ok. The little creatures fill such a big place in our hearts.

Nora,
Have you made any turtle soup in the last few days?How is your back and are you still happy with your pink diamond ring? I can be really obsessive when a piece of jewelry is not just right. I'd be the nut to get bothered by the white diamond trooping around amond the pinks. But you really cannot see it at all!

Copythat,
What is the Manet ring? Should I go look at it?

ZaZa's.
I have a trivia question that has bugged me for years. I know a line from a movie, but cannot remember what movie I heard it in. My husband says I dreamt it up. That it isn't a line from any movie, and he's a film buff. The line is,"So, what's the story, Richie?" Does that sound familiar to anyone? I use the line sometimes when I ask someone what is going on. Then I get bugged cause I can't remember where I heard it....

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#7701 Aug 24, 2012
double the pleasure?! Nah.....

Location hidden

#7702 Aug 24, 2012
Mrs Poe, Tell your husband that you certainly did not dream up that line and that he is dead wrong. It came from a 1970 movie called " Lovers and Other Strangers."

Location hidden

#7703 Aug 25, 2012
Mrs. Poe, I'm glad to hear your husband is home and OK. I hope the pain subsides soon! These surgeries we have to endure in our upper years! Thank God for the repairs.

Wow, Mrs. D, you are good at trivia!

We did $886.98 worth of medical treatments for our dogs this week! I am shell-shocked at how expensive it is! They got dentals, shots, nails trims, medicines, and micro-chips. WOW! Their teeth look great though and they are safe now from getting lost.

Remember our friends who have West Nile Virus. The wife has died! She was 70 and had severe rheumatoid arthritis. West Nile was too much for her system. My husband and I are in shock. My husband is going to another funeral today for his cousin who died of brain cancer. We have faith we will see these friends again.

Location hidden

#7704 Aug 25, 2012
So sorry for all that your going thru Nora, you both will be in our prayers as well as the family of the woman who died of west nile!
MrsPoe

Niles, IL

#7705 Aug 25, 2012
Nora,
How terrible to die of West Nile! I am so sorry. And of course, for your husband's cousin, I am sorry. My sister died of brain cancer last year. Just horrible. Your money spent of the doggies is well spent. Just keep those doggies well and good.

Mrs. Dolittle,
Thanks for the answer to my trivia question. I say that line fairly frequently and had no idea what movie it came from. I am gonna go look up the movie. I don't even remember the title!

My husband is hangin in. So long as he takes pain meds, he is ok. Napping a lot, dozing off...he'll be ok. Convalescing at home.

Bye for now...
Shoppinggal

Metamora, MI

#7706 Aug 25, 2012
NORA...Sorry to hear all the things you are going through too. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

MRSPOE...I'm happy to hear your hubby is on the mend. "Manet" is the name ktv has given to their naturally colored, mixed colored diamond ring collection. The sparkle from these rings is just outrageous, especially in the sun.

Location hidden

#7707 Aug 25, 2012
Nora, how terrible that your friend died of West Nile! I hope to goodness that you all use bug repellent or stay indoors at dusk and later. I saw on the news about how in TX they are doing lots of aerial spraying. Are they doing that where you are, also? I am sorry for the loss of your hubby's cousin.

Mrs. Poe, I never heard that saying you mentioned, and I don't think I heard of that movie that it's from either. I don't know how Mrs. Dolittle came up with that one.

Shopping Gal, you are right about that Manet collection. It's amazing.

Location hidden

#7708 Aug 25, 2012
Nora,
So sorry to hear about your friends with the West Nile Virus. That is just such a tragedy.

Mrs.Peacock,
Nikki showed those huge solitaires today? Did you see them?:-)

Mrs.Poe,
Glad your hubby is through the surgery and at home.
The Lance Armstrong fiasco is such a tragedy. They have nothing but here say from "witnesses" they bargained with to save their careers from an agency gone nuts.

I sent the following two both my senators and my congressman today:
"I am extremely upset at the kangaroo process and USADA 's stripping Lance Armstong of his tour titles. USADA had waged a personal vendetta against an athlete that never ONCE failed a single drug test. They have usurped the authority of the UCI. I DO NOT want my tax dollars funding this rogue organization that also bypasses any fair process or statute of limitations at will. Please vote to eliminate all funding for this organization. Create a new organization with a constitutional process and please get rid of that vindictive idiot Tygart who has made us the laughing stock of the international cycling community."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min another viewer 980,164
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Pres Mr Donald J ... 100,456
Do any attractive cougars or milfs want to trad... (Dec '11) 41 min Seejay 4
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 670,340
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Peter Ross 6,147
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Peter Ross 445,656
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 hr shkreli zionism 121,925
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 hr Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web