Birdies group

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#7304 Jul 21, 2012
Mrs.Dolittle,
That is a beautiful message. Thank you for posting it.

Location hidden

#7305 Jul 21, 2012
Mrs. Dolittle, that was beautiful. Now I am in tears all over again. I haven't been feeling well today, even though it's my favorite shopping occasion. I haven't bought a thing. I am not feeling my christmas-y in July self. I guess it will take me some time to come to terms with this.

I will probably still end up buying something this weekend. It's just not as happy an occasion as normal. Watching those realistic candles I see a glowing tribute to our dear friend. I may get one.

Location hidden

#7306 Jul 21, 2012
That was beautiful Mrs.Dolittle! Just perfect!

I think the way we found out about her passing was really part of the shock we feel. I think we were all starting to wonder why we had heard nothing.

I got those blood thinner shots in my stomach and gave them to myself daily after my hip replacement. It was not painful at all. And my doctor said they are very necessary. However, we do not know what may have caused her passing.

Location hidden

#7307 Jul 21, 2012
Ladies, sent eatch of you an email with a pic of two of Brenda's indoor dogs and she had a minaute collie that stayed indoors also. She has two outdoor dogs also that were larger but unsure of their breed.

Location hidden

#7308 Jul 21, 2012
Hi, ladies. I have been checking out the Christmas lights and ornaments and candles. I bought something to remind me of MrsMe2. I sent you all an email about it.

Mrs. Dolittle, thanks for the email.

Location hidden

#7309 Jul 21, 2012
I hope the dogs will be ok. My dogs would be a mess without me. The heeler is always by my side and if I leave he waits under a desk in the kitchen. The black lab mix is always near by too.

I like the idea of the owl and the candle!

Location hidden

#7310 Jul 21, 2012
Nora, I think any way we are reminded of our friend is a good thing. I know I will enjoy the candle. They look so realistic as presented on the live demonstrations.

Location hidden

#7311 Jul 22, 2012
Ladies, I am in Christmas heaven this morning. Seems QVC saved the real goodies for day 2. I missed a lot of the overnight stuff, so I have been going back and watching the videos. There were some cute things on from 2-6AM this morning. I usually split my favoritism between Santas and Snowmen, equally. This year, I seem to be drawn especially to the snowmen. I see so many of them that are extra cute...some chubby, some light up, and some play music.

The only Santa I bought was the Santa tin that came with the Harry London Chocolates. Yummy.

Location hidden

#7312 Jul 22, 2012
Good afternoon everyone, hope everyone is a little better today, been trying to stay busy and that helps.

What have you bought Mrspeacock, anything? I have watched a little but I just can't get into it this year like last, even before we found out about Mrsme2, I wasn't as excited as I was last year.

Location hidden

#7313 Jul 22, 2012
Hi everyone, it is another hot day here again today! I have not bought one thign from QVC or Shopnbc vegas jewels. It seems the shiopping buy has not bitten me to buy anything from those two channels lately. I did buy some nice bathroom rugs from Kohls that have the memory foam and it is like stepping on a cloud!

MrsPeacock, I bet those Harry London chocolates are going to be good! Are you going to keep them until Christmas in a cool place or will you tear into them once opening the package? For me I would have to have them right now and no putting them back for the holidays,lol!
Shoppinggal

Pinconning, MI

#7314 Jul 22, 2012
MRSDOLITTLE....That was a very nice posting for MRSME2. Thank you for taking the time to post it for us.

I didn't buy anything from QVC or from ShopNBC either. Anything that caught my interest at ShopNBC was overpriced. I guess the prices at Ktv have spoiled me for anywhere else.

Location hidden

#7315 Jul 22, 2012
Hi, Ladies. I am feeling much better today, and therefore more in a shopping mood.

Mrs. Dolittle, the chocolates don't come until Dec. I am just placing an order for the future to hold it until then. It's nice because they do not actually charge you for the purchase until it ships. I bought the Santa tin of Harry London. There were 2 other designs to choose from.

Copythat, I have bought several ornament sets including the TSV today. They are glass and light up, plus they are really affordable. I also bought some of Valerie Parr Hill's ornaments and decorations. I like her styles.

I am shopping for gifts for my niece, nephews and sister right now. It's so hard to decide. Last year I got my mom and sister almost the exact same thing. I like getting it out of the way sooner than later. I wasn't as impressed with the new kitchen stuff this year.

Shopping Gal, I haven't even tuned into ShopNBC. What am I missing? I saw yesterday that the top value was a morganite bangle.

Location hidden

#7316 Jul 22, 2012
I think we are such a group of sweet, caring ladies! Each day I have thought of you all and Brenda.

It is hot here again today and we are having a bad drought. No rain and day after day of triple digit heat.

I had my Bible class here today. Our group has a leader and each week we meet at someone's home. We have deep study of the Bible. I love it and it is a blessing to have our study in my home.

I've had 2 sets of china for quite sometime, then after Dad's estate sale, I kept my mother's china. So I had 3 sets of china. The third set was my husband's. I was going to sell glassware on Ebay but nothing is selling and I couldn't see selling a 65 piece set of china!

I was telling my hair stylist about this and she said she has a china cabinet, "but I don't have any... " then she stopped. I decided she should have the third set of china! She has twin son who are 5 and is expecting another son in Dec. She's going to have a big family. So today I gave it to her. That was the happiest thing! She was just thrilled!! I was so happy for her to have it!

As for my Ebay store... I'm closing it again. It is nice to open it and close it now and then. I sold 4 rings and 2 bracelets.

Location hidden

#7317 Jul 22, 2012
Nora, you did well selling jewelry on ebay. I think you priced everything well, and that is why people jumped on it. Good buys for them, and new stuff for you with the money. It was really nice of you to give the hair stylist that china. Wow. I bet she was shocked.

I haven't watched KTV or ShopNBC for 2 days. That must be some sort of record. When it's Christmas in July, I disappear from everything except QVC on the old laptop. I better finalize my orders over there.

Location hidden

#7318 Jul 22, 2012
Mrs.Dolittle,
Memory foam rugs?:-). I never heard of such a thing!:-).

Nora,
Sounds like your eBay store was a success again. That sure was a nice thing you did with the china. I am sure it was very much appreciated.

I spent most of the day watching the last day if the Tour. I am in sports overload. I am glad the Olympic opening ceremony is a few days away. I need to watch some non sports stuff for a few days. I have not gotten anything since the bracelet. It was such a big expense I will likely wait for the Christmas season for more bling.

I did see where the had the big champagne diamond cross again and it is spectacular.

That chocolate from QVC sure dies sound good!

Location hidden

#7319 Jul 22, 2012
Bella, it was delicious last Christmas, and this year they added some new varieties to the mix. There is one that has a peanut butter and pretzel pieces in the center of milk chocolate. Sounds great to me. They have my buckeyes still in it this year as well as some great caramels in chocolate and solid dark chocolate. Mmmmm...

I can't decide if it's worth buying something that does not qualify for the holiday returns policy at QVC. Only the items they presented on air qualify. So, if I buy some clothing that is for gifts and they don't like it, then I am not going to be able to return....

Location hidden

#7320 Jul 22, 2012
Mrs.Peacock,
Gad... You are making me crave a chocolate fix. Since I am diabetic I make it a first class splurge like Lake Champlain chocolates.:-)

http://www.lakechamplainchocolates.com/

I would probably just get the items with the holiday return policy for now ...

Location hidden

#7321 Jul 22, 2012
Well, Bella, I took your advice. I didn't buy the clothing because I didn't want to get stuck with it if it didn't work out for the recipients. So, I really only bought one gift for sure this whole weekend, except for ornaments I will give out. Last year I was buying stuff for gifts left and right. That's OK I because they will have Christmas in August soon enough. Perhaps I will see something then for gifts.

I bet those Lake Champlain chocolates are delicious. I just love the buckeyes from the Harry London people so much, and they are pretty affordable for being "gourmet" chocolates.

Location hidden

#7322 Jul 22, 2012
Bella, here is a link to some of the memory foam bath rugs, they are so soft and cushiony!

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/landingpages/...

Location hidden

#7323 Jul 22, 2012
I just sent you ladies a private sample sale email. Just got it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min INSPECTOR Nr 2 104,740
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 37 min Brian_G 970,081
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 55 min kent 641,797
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 1 hr Paul is dead 4,155
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 44,428
hi guys mera lund bahut mota hai meri gf gaand... (Apr '12) 1 hr Sana khan 42
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr Mistress3845 38,483
More from around the web