Birdies group

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#7144 Jul 10, 2012
Ugh...Sharon keeps pushing the ugliest ring I think they have in inventory. It looks like a piece of black and a piece of white barb wire linked together. My hubby calls it the barb wire ring. AGB014. Yuk...
MrsPoe

Morton Grove, IL

#7145 Jul 10, 2012
Nora,
I am glad that both surgeries in your family are done. I am so glad your husband is sore, but ok. Mine goes to the surgeon next Monday to take a look at the hernia, and schedule surgery. Your sister will probably get relief from the tens unit. Man, is there never a dull moment? Even with our jewelry. Even our jewelry gives us a run for our money. But that should be our biggest problems!

Mrs. Dolittle,
Just rest. Your house can wait. Let that air whip through your hair and sweep you off your feet!!!

Bella,
I love your descriptions for bad jewelry. Barbed wire. Is it any better than your gray spit? Or gravel? You are a funny lady. You make me laugh!!

My smoke alarm went off when I was cooking pasta. Must have took steam for smoke. I could not even reach the darn thing, and the birds were freaked. Just when you think you can relax, the shi_ hits the fan.(But at least in this heat, it's good that the fan works!!)

Location hidden

#7146 Jul 10, 2012
Mrs.Poe,
Smoked Pasta. Yum. ;-)

My birds will pick up any annoying sound like a smoke alarm. One does a police whistle. The man we got her from 20 years ago trained dogs. One has a phone fetish and can recite the entire answering machine message complete with the beep at the end. She can sound like the phone ringing.(Drives me nuts :)
And she can do the beeping countdown followed by the alarm is set message. If she heard a smoke alarm enough I have no doubt we would think the house is burning down every day.
MrsPoe

Morton Grove, IL

#7147 Jul 10, 2012
Bella,
The pasta was good. Green noodles. Love them, and so does Scarlet. Your birds are a hoot! They are so darn smart. Did you ever hear an Indian RingNecked Parrot? They talk like little toddler girls. Their voice tones are so cute that I want one. Go on youtube and look them up, and see if you can hear one talking. I get choked up from how cute they sound.

Well ladies,
This is the first nite this summer that I cooked dinner. Whoa! What an accomplishment...

Nite, nite...

Location hidden

#7148 Jul 10, 2012
Wow! Those birds stories were great! I can't believe your bird can do the whole answering machine message.

I'm so aggravated by the diamonds coming out on that ring. I think I will call them tomorrow. I haven't had that ring but 2 months and I've had to send it back twice. Will each tiny diamond come out one at a time?

My sister called and she is in a world of pain! I didn't know shoulder surgeries were so painful. She called the home health nurse and asked her for a pain shot today instead of tomorrow. And that really didn't help.

And my husband hasn't needed a pain pill yet. Maybe tonight when we go to bed.

I saw that ugly ring, Bella. No way ...

Location hidden

#7149 Jul 10, 2012
Well, it sounds like you all had busy days. I had to do some not so fun stuff like laundry followed by long discussions on financial decisions that we have been putting off. Hours and hours of crunching numbers to figure stuff out. Not much fun so far on this vacation for hubby. We need to go out to breakfast and go to a movie or something fun.

Nora, I am so glad your hubby is out of surgery and home. It's nice to be able to have outpatient procedures. I am sure you will take good care of him and yourself. You both have to heal up together.

Bella and Mrs. Poe, your birds sound like so much fun. I would freak out if they mimic alarms and sirens. I am so jumpy anyway. I hear every little noise and have to figure out what it is or where it comes from. They might make me a little crazy. I do think it's cool they can talk and mimic sounds so exactly.

Copythat, I guess I am not meant to use that 20% off coupon. It just doesn't work on anything I really want.

Mrs. Dolittle, you can take a much deserved rest. The stress of living without power in that heat is enough to make you exhausted.

I sure hope Shopping Gal, Diamonds and Mrs. Me2 can post again soon.

Location hidden

#7150 Jul 11, 2012
My husband is doing very well. He had a rough night but is feeling better. He won't take the narcotics they gave him for pain, but he is taking just plain Advil, which works.

I am going to physical therapy at 2;00.

I hope ShoppingGal and Mrs.me2 are OK!!

Location hidden

#7151 Jul 11, 2012
Shopinggal is still having computer problems and is going to have to get a new one. We talked today by phone and she hopes to get it in the next few days.

Nora, Why not take the pink diamond ring to a jeweler and let him check the prongs to make sure you do not lost any more of the diamonds?

MrsPeacock, have you made any jewelry purchases lately? My latest purchase was that Coach handbag followed by another win on Ebay of a nice Maxx New York light blue leather handbag. I am on a handbag binge,lol!

Bella and MrsPoe, I am not doing any houseowrk at all today, just taking a rest. I did do a load of laundry but that was easy compared to pushing a vacuum cleaner and a mop around.

Location hidden

#7152 Jul 11, 2012
Girls, Take a look at this ring, major bucks and I mean MAJOR bucks!!!!!!

Champagne Diamond 3.28ctw Oval With .52ctw Round White Diamond 14kt Rose Gold Ring
MJG001 JTV Price:$26,136.99

Location hidden

#7153 Jul 11, 2012
Mrs. Dolittle,
I saw that ring on the web. I wish they would show it during a diamond show. So far it has only been scheduled for gem shows and I do not watch gem shows.

Nora,
How are your sister and hubby doing?

Location hidden

#7154 Jul 11, 2012
I would like to ask all my sisters to once again say a prayer for my SIL, she had to go back to the hospital this morning and is going to have to have a pace maker put in either Thur or Fri morn. She is still pretty weak from the open heart so please keep her in your thoughts and prayers! Once again I am glad to have this group of women to call on to pray, don't know what I would do without you!!!!

Location hidden

#7155 Jul 11, 2012
Mrs.Dolittle, I was thinking the exact same thing. When I get FDC0 60 back, I'll have my jeweler check it. I have a yellow diamond ring with the same design and have not had this problem with it. And I saw that ring on the website. You can get $9000 off with the 20% coupon. LOL

My sister is in major pain. She is having a nurse come to her house to give her Demerol. And she was given Percocet.

My husband is feeling much better. Yikes! 6 weeks with him underfoot.

My earrings shippsed today! JDC0 01

Location hidden

#7156 Jul 11, 2012
And how do you like MJG 021E ???

I went to P.T. today. I asked if I can vacuum again... no. Walk? no. NO NO NO. My back is just too weak. I now have some exercises to do for my legs and stomach in addition to my back.

Location hidden

#7157 Jul 11, 2012
I hope and pray for your SIL. The pacemaker will certainly help her.

Location hidden

#7158 Jul 11, 2012
Thanks Nora!!!

Location hidden

#7159 Jul 11, 2012
Copycat, I am saying a prayer right now for your sister that all turns out well with the pacemaker. I will contine praying for her daily, God works miracles each and every day and I just know she will be allright :)))

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#7160 Jul 11, 2012
Hello Ladies,

I have been reading up on everyone and wanted to let you know that I am still praying for everyone. I have just been so busy lately that i do not have time to do anything. I still see ktv is not letting us use our coupons so i am done with them unless I really need something. Although they are taking away our purpose for shopping I still find them cheaper than the mall and big chain stores.

I see a few of you have had surgeries and I am hoping for your full recovery. I go to the doctor tomorrow to get my test results and I am hoping for good news. My foot has been getting shooting pain in it a lot lately and my doctor is trying to find out what is causing it.

I also tried to join a gym this week but it did not work out because the staff at gold
s in my area gave me misinformation and I cancelled the contract within my three day period before I was caught in a bad situation. Now I have to find me a new gym that is local and offers late hours...

well i will talk to everyone later...i am tired and want to get a few hours of sleep before i start my day all over again in the a.m.

Location hidden

#7161 Jul 11, 2012
CopyThat,
I an sure the pacemaker will be a big help. Your sister will feel much better. I will be praying for her.

Nora,
Holy Cow on the earrings!!!! Too bad we never got to see them on TV. It is kind of annoying they put the vault tanzy jewelry on the gem shows. Did you see MJG019P?

Location hidden

#7162 Jul 11, 2012
Wow, those tanzanite one-of-a-kind pieces are pretty, but expensive (the ones that start with MJG). I did see several of the gem hosts like Dawn and Mandy wearing the big trillion pendant, and I believe one of them wore those earrings, too. I have never seen that big 3 carat champagne ring. I would love to look at it live on TV. Drool....

Mrs. Dolittle, the most recent thing I bought was the Chuck ring. I need to get some time to take a picture of it. I am not shopping unless there is something I can use the 20% off coupon with.

Nora, 6 weeks recovery for the hernia? Wow, that would be hard to adjust to. I have my hubby here just this week, and it gets to be a little trying when I need to get stuff done. I have a routine, and it gets interrupted. You take care of that back and hopefully your whole family will heal up soon.

Copythat, I am sorry that your SIL needs more work, but the pacemaker should help a lot. I will pray for her as well.

Diamonds, good to hear from you. I sure hope that foot problem isn't serious.

Bella, I wonder if that 20% off coupon would work on those "memo" pieces? Hmmm....I couldn't afford it even so.

Location hidden

#7163 Jul 11, 2012
Oh yes! This is week #1 of his six week recovery and I can barely watch anything I want on TV. I can't walk due to my back.

The earrings were on (the bigger ones) in the wee hours at a discount. The price immediately went back up. The earrings I have coming have one in stock now.

I think I am done jewelry shopping. I can not find anything I need.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Chess Jurist 968,655
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min It aint necessari... 28,068
Play "end of the word" part 2 21 min ImFree2Choose 1,422
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 637,064
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 30 min Chess Jurist 618,135
I hate 'God' (Apr '14) 38 min pusherman 172
Bears Are Scary!!! very funny must watch 1 hr bely1995 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Neville Thompson 44,081
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 4 hr Paul is dead 3,593
More from around the web