Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2012

Thw world would be a much better place if everyone just learned to get along like the following three animals, I LOVE it!!

http://1funny.com/dog-cat-and-a-rat/

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2012

Judged:

Bella, I am so sorry for the loss you feel! I know. It is horrible.

Mrs. Peacock, I hate migraines. I tend to wake up with them too. I take Imitrex for mine.

And OH Mrs. Dolittle, How awful! Did you go in and see the doctor with her? It is horrible to have to wait and wait and wait.

My sister and I argued yesterday. I confronted her about the lack of help I've gotten. She got really angry. She will NOT give up anything in her life. So she said she'd go see Dad every day and exercise after work. She works 1/2 days in the afternoon. I have a feeling that will not work out. I don't know why she can't exercise on Monday, Weds., and Friday and see Dad on Tuesday and Thursday.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2012

Sorry to hear everyone’s trouble for today.After reading the posts it is strange how different people are. Most of us would give almost anything to have their parents living and then the “ones” that feel that it is too much for them to change their schedule to do something for their parent. I sure am glad that there is NONE of the “think they are really important” people in our Topix family.For the most part we are all alike—unselfish,caring,wear your heart on your sleave,really kind hearted and would do anything for each other within reason and I guess that’s what makes us close.Sorry for the sermon.... I Love You Guys!!!

MrsD I bet you were exhausted after waiting.I detest doctors that think your time is nothing.They wouldn’t sit and wait for a patient to come for a appointment.Hope you are able to get some good sleep tonight.It is cold here also and hubby turned the heat on.

MrsP I don’t think I have ever had a really long bout with a migraine but I hope it is gone and stays away.Don’t forget to keep us updated on your new tanzy.Taxes will be done Thursday evening so I will not be a happy camper.

Nora you took heed to the life lessons your parents taught you because it shows in how you are helping your dad ...it doesn’t get unnoticed.

Bella it is hard to believe that a year has pasted already.I miss my parents everyday and it hasn’t gotten easier.My dad had 10 brothers/sisters and he was the first to die and there is only 1 left my aunt who is 87.

Copy sure wish we would hear something about you.I am praying that some of the pain from surgery is gone and hope that you don’t know much is left...thank you God for pain medication!!

Going to close so I will catch you all in the am hopefully early. Nite

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2012

Nora,
You are correct in hoping to split the week with your sister and each take certain days. That way each caregiver gets a break from the stress.

Mrs.Dolittle,
Loved that video. I shared it with my girls and they also enjoyed it.:-)

MrsMe2,
I hope your stomach is feeling better today.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2012

Hi, ladies. I am feeling better today. I slept at least 5 hours last night in a row. That's a lot for me. I normally wake up several times. I would have slept longer, but hubby's alarm woke me.

Nora, stick to your guns. Make your sister do a rotating schedule with you. It's not fair that you are doing everything.

Mrs.Me2, I know the feeling with taxes. I can't wait to be done with mine. I have to finish the state ones before I file the federal and state at the same time.

The tanzy hasn't shipped yet. I don't know if it's because I used a coupon on mine, or if everyone who ordered one hasn't goteen their's shipped yet. It seemed like they had a lot to package up with each one, and maybe Jerry wanted to write some hand-written notes on some. I don't mind waiting. As long as they don't cancel the order.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2012

Good Morning Ladies, I just sent you each an email from Gale's daughter so look for it.

MrsPeacock, Sure hope you are feeling much better from that terrible migraine. Hubby use to get them years ago and he would just have to lay in a completely dark room as the light bothered him. Let us know when you get that beautiful tanzy.

Nora, there is not EXCUSE for your sister to not help you out. She nees to flex some as it is just not fair for you to do it all. Mark my words, one of these days she will be sorry that she did not do more.

MrsMe2, Glad to hear from you. Have you bought anything yet with the coupon code?

Bella, Gald you like the video and that your girls did too. It was so endearing to see those three animals together on the video, just so darn cute!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2012

Judged:

I just think carefully. She feels she does sacrifice her time. They were taking Dad out to dinner most Friday nights and then playing cards with him. That is great! And sometimes they took Dad with them when they visited his BIL. We don't join in on these times because traffic is a nightmare from my home to Dad's home on Friday nights.
They were gone on the weekend Dad went to the hospital and then when she came back she wanted to continue her exercise and working although I thought Dad was dying before my eyes. He was ripping out his IV's, delirious and dehydrated. I just stayed there and read by his bedside. I held a urinal to my own father and held the vomit pan. But he changed my diapers and always was there for me. My BIL did come and help me feed dad. I stayed until I was worn out.
I can understand the requirement to go to work, however, when they mentioned going on vacation, I just flipped my lid. I guess all of the medical stuff just scares my sis so much she runs from it.
My sister and I talked last night and agreed that she will go see Dad every other day. I'm going in a little bit. I'll also go to Dad's assisted living and pick up his mail.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2012

Nora,
You are right to check on him every day. At Mom's nursing home patients rights made it sp if the person protested they did not want to eat more the CNAs would stop. They would not persist even though we told them to. My Mom could not pull that trick with hubby. He would just keep shoveling it in until she ate a reasonable amount.:-) The last two weeks when she was dying, she would always eat for him and no one else. He had brought her treets like KFC, her favorite breakfast biscuits, cheeseburgers, muffins, pastries over the years when she seemed down about eating. It paid off... All the extra effort on our part. She lived over 5 years in the nursing home and I think my sweet husband gets a lions share of the credit because he was able to go there after work and feed her dinner.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2012

Bella, Your hubby is great! The extra effort does work. I bring Dad a Boost every day and he loves those. He was having lunch when I got there. Because he hasn't had his esophagus stretched yet, his food is pureed. He was having chicken, green beans, potato salad, and strawberry cake. Each dish was pureed. He did not eat the green beans and I asked him to eat them. He said, "Taste them!" I did. They had chili pepper in them! GROSS! So since he must have pureed food we can't bring anything other than drinks in.

I think I'm detecting a little pride in my sister's voice now that she is seeing Dad in the nursing home. She may love taking some responsibility and conquering some fears she has.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2012

Judged:

Nora, Hold your sister to the grindstone and make sure she takes her turn of seeing your Dad when she is scheduled to do so. After all, he raised her and took care of her when she was an infant. She needs to take care of him in his old age just like you are doing. Hope this works out for you as you need a break!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2012

Bella,
i can't believe it has been a year since you lost your mom. Time just marches on. It's been a bit over a half year since my sister died. I feel like I just told you girls.

Nora,
Good luck with your sister. i still remember how my sis thought I didn't help my mom enough. I definitely can see her way of thinking. I wish she had talked to me while mom was still alive. Now they are both gone, and I would give anything to hear their voices...

Mrs. Dolittle,
Loved the video,although rats are not my favorite. Even affectionate ones. Rats and opposums. Don't like them!! But I did appreciate the video! Good luck with your mom in law...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2012

I will always dearly love my sister... no matter what. She has her weaknesses just as I do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2012

So, who bought a lottery ticket? My hubby did. It would be a blessing to our whole family if we won. I think about my Mom and Dad who struggle with health care costs and a home that's falling apart. I have nieces and nephews who have no money for cars or college funds or down-payments on a house. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law have children spread all across the country that they would love to see more often. I have a lot of debt on my own house and two old cars that need work. The biggest thing would be allowing my hubby to retire and for me to get the medical help I need to make my dreams come true. Of course, a lot of it would go to charity and I would like to start my own charity to build things like schools and hospitals. It is nice to dream.

What would you do with the money if you won?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Good Morning! I just sent you all an email. Look for it.
Diamonds

Dundalk, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Hi ladies..

I woke up this morning and was in the need for a fix... not sure what came over me but i got two preowns and used the coupon... my item numbers are: PRE9738-7 and PRE9736-7. I always wanted a purple ring and the blue one looks nice...i hope only the purple one looks nice so i can save some money

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Diamonds, i am glad you were able to find something. I emailed Mrs Dolittle about a different purple diamond ring. I hope she was the one who got that one because it's gone now. She was looking for one. I am sure you will love both your rings, and you got a great deal.
Shoppingal

Chesaning, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

MRSPEACOCK....you're posting like you're feeling better. I sure hope so. My aunt used to get those headaches and she would be in bed for several days. They must be awful. Thanks for the email on the preowns. They had some nice things but I didn't buy anything. Did you? Has your tanzanite ship yet today? I'm really anxious for you to get it so we can hear all about it.

NORA....Don't give up on your sister. I'm sure she is having a hard time adjusting to seeing her Dad in a nursing home and her way of dealing with it is flight. Afterall, she has you, her security blanket, taking care of things. I'm sure things will eventually work out between you two.

MRSDOLITTLE....I sure hope and pray that everything on your mother-in-law's biopsy comes back negative.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

MrsPeacock, I was a little late getting on the preowneds this morning. I did not get to see the purple dimand ring you were talking about, which one was it???

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

The item number is PRE9733. I am sorry you missed it. I thought about getting it myself, but I have the tanzy coming.

Shopping Gal, I am feeling much better. I got an email that the tanzy shipped, but when I click on the tracking link, it gives an error message. It says you cannot track this number on the USPS site. However, it has the same first 4 numbers 9121 that it usually has when it's a signature package. I will just have to be surprised when it gets here. It may be tomorrow.

I didn't get anything on preown. If there had been something I really liked, I probably would have even though I shouldn't.

I got my preown morganite earrings, and they are very pretty.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Mrs.Peacock,
I did not receive the email. Can you please resend it to me? Thanks.:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,501 - 5,520 of11,681
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

467 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Rosa_Winkel 680,135
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min number four 216,893
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 35 min alisha24 249
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 40 min pusherman_ 596,526
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 42 min NUTS AMERICA 37,859
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 42 min Hitesrunprincess 52,509
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 43 min Uzi 109,567
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Chess Jurist 512,090
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 2 hr sakib 47
•••
•••
•••