Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Nora, now that you are aware of his problem it can be addressed and you can get him assistance as you are already doing. Will he be getting anymore Lupron shots? I pray that everything will go well when he gets home.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

hi ladies..

Nora, i will be the first to tell you that you made the right decision with your dad.. he will be more happier in his own home and life alert is a good idea...

i found and brought PRE4070 on preown today. overall it has some good reviews but if i do not get a good ring i will be done for a while with ktv..Currently I am awaiting 3 pending refunds and one shipping return label for the pendent... the shipping cost on the returns would have brought me something off the diamond list that is on the lower end in price in gold thus far. Just tired of getting junk.

On another note i have decided not to travel this holiday season. Instead I am having my parents and nephew come stay with me. i booked them all a flight this a.m. on southwest because they have a very good special that will end today..got all three here and home for under $800.00 they will come Dec.20-Jan. 4..can't wait..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

He most certainly will not ever get a Lupron shot again! Why that might kill him!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Diamonds,
I am sure your family will be excited to get the tickets for a Christmas at your home.:).
I hope this ring is a keeper for you. JTV has got to speed up their refund process. Taking a month or more is just ridiculous.

Nora,
I agree. No more of those darn shots. The side effects are just too severe..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

HI, Ladies. It's so COLD and windy and rainy here. The rain and wind has knocked out my KTV signal for the last 2 days. It's no fun.

What have I missed? Anything good being sold on KTV? I guess they had some one day sale yesterday. Any buyers?

Nora, I am sure you will do everything you can to make your Dad happy and still keep him safe. I think the Meals on Wheels and Life Alert are a great idea.

Bella, anything you are waiting on? You mentioned a blue diamond ring. Which one was that again?

Diamonds, how generous of you to fly your family in for the holidays. I am sure they will be grateful to see you and spend time with your family.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

I just got a call from the nursing home. They are scared to death for Dad to go home. They were frank with me. My dad has lost his short term memory. The P.T. and O.T. are trying hard to teach him new things but he can not remember! So now it is do or die time. He needs an assisted living apartment and fast! We will have to move him, and then put his house on the market, and even sell his car. The P.T. said he has no business driving anymore.

Tomorrow Karen and I are meeting with Cindy at 10 at the nursing home to talk turkey with Dad.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Nora,
Sorry to hear you are having to make such huge decisions in a rush. I had the same concerns facing me after my Dad completed his therapy. But it took another year for his dementia to take hold and his short term memory to go. My heart goes out to you in dealing with all the stress. I made it through those days and so will you and your Dad.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Judged:

Mrs.Peacock,
The blue diamond ring is HOC073 and it is heavy gold .. 12 grams... With an under gallery.

I received a size 8 today in ATD021. That was the ring JTV cancelled. Then I ordered a size 7. It was tight even on my left hand where I wear a 7. An 8 popped back in last week son I ordered it.

I am done for now. I might be interested in the Holiday ring if it is not a dud like last years. It must look like a Christmas ring for me to like if.

I hate this new shipping method. Once again no signature was required. The mail was late and did not come until 5PM. So since there was no signature required (thus no postman ringing my doorbell), I spent the entire day waking out every few minutes to check my mailbox as I did not want a diamond ring just left in the box. I also knew that this was not my regular postman as the mail came so late. I was afraid it might get left at the wrong house so I walked out to meet his truck with a copy of the tracking if I needed it.
So I am sick and tired of sitting at home all day and walking to the mailbox so often my knee is killing me. I am done unless Diamond has something that really grabs me or the Holiday ring is a stunner.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Bella,
I thought of you this weekend. Saw "Take Cover," with Michael Shannon. Quite a good movie. Michael Shannon is in Boardwalk Empire. He's a very intense actor. Love the dude.

Nora,
Good that you are getting your dad back home with meals on wheels and Life Alert. Good luck to you.

Hi to everyone else. As always, I am done in from teaching. Just getting too old for it all! All the technology responsibilities make me feel like I have a whole other job besides teaching. But the Smartboard is kinda fun. I have the basics. Hard to find time to learn much more... going out for dinner. Bye!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Hello ladies,

How is everyone.... I am so tired today but i just dont know why. My husband has left me in the house for 4 days while he goes and visit one of his childhood friends. The kids are out of school tomorrow so i decided to have a sleep over with the girls from my daycare... I figured that this will cover the, "can we stay over," question for a few months. I made my girls clean up their rooms which i must say i missed the tornado that landed only in their rooms..(lol)...

I still have not received any refund from jtv so i will stand guard until the 9th of november when my new statement is posted. Also don't forget what happened last year with the refunds..make sure if the item was free shipping you get compensated for the shipping. Last year you had to catch it and call in to get the refund...with all these changes that are taking place stay on top of your statements.

a jewelry show should be on so let me go watch.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2011

Mrs. Poe, I can understand being done in from teaching so well. Smartboards must make it all different. I so remember the chalkboard and using it so well. The kids learned and I had them all reading and writing back in 1986-1990. Then came counseling and I didn't use so much technology with that. As I was retiring though, testing was a huge part of my job.

Today we are at a big turning point for my dad's life. I am so scared for him to go home. I will probably go and stay with him at least two nights, maybe more. Since his doctor is going on vacation, I'm going to try to get him in to see my doctor who is an internist.

I do not know what the answers are put I pray to God we find some good ones.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2011

hello ladies, my day started off bad and is getting worst by the second... I really need to put on my business hat and not let everyone problems be mine anymore. I can say that I truly understand why some providers act the way they do. Parents can really take advantage of a situation if you let them...no more time to put down the foot and lay down the law...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2011

Nora,
Keep us posted on your Dad and what comes out of the meeting with the nursing home and Cindy. You are in my thoughts and prayers today.

Nrs.Poe,
I will have to check that movie out. Lately I have seen "The Thing", "Courageous", "Dolphin Tale", "Real Steal", "Footloose", "The Help", "Moneyball", and "Warrior". I liked "Real Steal", "Warrior", and "Moneyball" the best.:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2011

Diamonds, it sounds like you have your hands full. I hope you can resolve these issues with the parents, soon.

Nora, how is it going? It sounds like you are going back and forth on whether to take your Dad home or move him into a more permanent nursing home situation. I hope you and your sis can figure it out. It's such a big decision. I know you will make the best one. We are here to listen.

Bella, I got my aqua ring with the new UPS to USPS no signature thing. It was over $350. Now today, I had the old Signature Required First Class mail on a pendant that was a preowned for $140. What the heck? It's like their own shipping department doesn't know what method they are supposed to use for what!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2011

Nora, I know you will do the right thing in whatever decsion you make as I believe that God will lead and direct you in your decisions. I really think he needs to live in an assisted living facility as I do not see how he can get along solely on his own. Maybe with you staying with him you can see for yourself how he does during the day and night. Just know that all of us ya yaas are praying for you and your Dad and we are here for you anytime you need us.

MrsPeacock, that is simply crazy about the tracking. They have it all backwardss it seems!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2011

Mrs.Dolittle,
This stupid way to ship will last until a few expensive pieces of jewelry are delivered to the wrong mailbox and USPS says they delivered it and the customer says they never received it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2011

Diamonds4life, did you ever get a refund on the ring that was lost in the mail? I never heard you say so I was hoping that you got your money back :)))

Bella, I agree! Wait until the phone starts ringing off the hook in CS and people complaining they never received their item! That is going to be one heck of a mess to straighten out not to mention the yards and yards of red tape!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2011

I just wish they would come up with a system and stick to it as far as shipping. If it's over $350, ship UPS. If it's less, ship reg. mail, no signature. I would be happy with that. Why can't they keep it simple?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2011

Mrs.Peacock,
God forbid they should be that logical about shipping. Sigh.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2011

Well, I guess I won't order anything. I do have some bids in on a few things yet. I just don't like the uncertainty---will the order be cancelled? How will it ship? Will I have to sign? Can I track the order?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,061 - 3,080 of11,682
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••