Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Today in class, we had a female speaker (from some sort of women's shelter) who talked to us about rape. She tried to explain to us that rape is always the rapist' fault, so I contested her statement, and she made me look a fool. I would like to see others opinions on this subject. Please comment if you'd like to, nothing rude will be said or your comment will be deleted! Ty

“VaCa Poolside”

Since: Apr 13

Scappoose, Oregon USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

I believe the biggest single problem is in what society nowadays defines as rape. Such as sex with anyone under 18, it's automatically rape. Well that's just not right, I don't care how old the man is (or woman) but if some "kid" of even as low as age 15 or whatever gives their consent, there's where we run into the other problem where the law says you're not capable of giving consent at that age. This is just tremendous BS and it detracts from the actual crime of rape, which is a violent abhorrent crime, where a person is held down and beaten and forced to have it rammed into them painfully, that kind of thing.Normal pleasurable and yes, consensual sex, even if the person is gasp under 18, that should not be called rape. And no, I've never been raped. My two cents worth!
Ekscorb23

Woodbridge, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Victims can certainly make themselves more vulnerable, but the *first* immoral act is committed by the rapist when he puts his hands on a woman. To exonerate the rapist in the slightest demolishes the foundation of personal responsibility every sane and stable person bases their morality upon.

TL;DR - she made you look like a fool because she was correct. Ignore your ego, research the matter, accept your defeat, and move on.
Morisson

Steenwijk, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Yes, it's always the rapists fault and you're not getting away with it.
dad of 3

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

The other aspect of this is girls who have sex, at a party or whatever, and then the next day they get "boinkers remorse" and decide after the fact, that they have been raped. Sure alcohol may have been involved, but unless she was passed out unconscious and used by somebody while she laid there oblivious, well I'm sorry but if you go to a party and get drunk and open your legs that's no excuse for the next date charging the man with rape. Or the girl in that position who the next day someone else [like a counselor, etc.] tells her that she was raped, because she had sex with somebody while she was drunk. She's made to feel like a victim, and gets convinced in short order that she is indeed a victim, where before that she didn't feel like one at all.
Sex curious

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Several times I have known with absolute certainty about instances of consensual sex which were later claimed to be "rape".

If consent can be revoked retrospectively, then yes, "rape" is 100% the fault of the rapist.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

usually, a gay is raped because his butt is much tighter than a woman's pus***sy. if a gay is raped by a very handsome straight guy, it's the gays fault for being too tight.
dad of 3

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2014

Judged:

Sex curious wrote:
Several times I have known with absolute certainty about instances of consensual sex which were later claimed to be "rape".
If consent can be revoked retroactively, then yes, "rape" is 100% the fault of the rapist.
We have two daughters, both on the cusp of puberty and we had this discussion recently the one about "when is rape, rape?" and what their mom and I told them was, if sex happens to you and you don't want it and you fight against it but they hold you down forcefully and make you do it, it hurts and you don't enjoy it, then yes it is rape. But yes for instance you go to a party, get a little drunk or high or something, and then decide to screw with some guys the next day it's okay to have regrets While you're carrying your party shoes and doing the barefoot 'walk of shame' but don't call it rape! That's not right, and it's not fair to the boys/men involved. If you were willing at the time, we tell our girls, just because you change your mind later on does not mean they attacked you! It all comes down to personal responsibility. If you get drunk, stoned whatever, well that's what you decided to do. If sex happens that you regret the next morning, just learn from the experience and maybe don't do that again (until the next time :-)
andet1987

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2014

Judged:

austin12191 wrote:
Today in class, we had a female speaker (from some sort of women's shelter) who talked to us about rape. She tried to explain to us that rape is always the rapist' fault, so I contested her statement, and she made me look a fool. I would like to see others opinions on this subject. Please comment if you'd like to, nothing rude will be said or your comment will be deleted! Ty
I agree with you. sometimes it is the victim's fault for wearing something too revealing like micro mini, see through, too much cleavage, no panty, or drinking too much, etc
Sybian Princess

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

Morisson wrote:
Yes, it's always the rapists fault and you're not getting away with it.
Sadly you are incorrect, the vast majority of rapists DO get away with it. This is because first off most rapes don't even go reported, because of the way society and our court system treat rape victims. They are 're-victimized' over and over again, being made to sit in court in front of a bunch of strangers and tell the details of the most intimate and horrible thing which ever happened to them. If I were ever raped I don't know that I reported, just go get a 'Plan B' pill [if I weren't on contraception already] and then start living in fear for HIV for several months. This conversation came up in our house recently with my daughters.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
A 'rapist' is someone who, for whatever reason, chooses to force their will upon another person by physically assaulting them. Rapists are children of Satan the devil. And the most violent ones should be locked up for the rest of their lives, or shot by a firing squad.
I am sure you love to be raped by a sexy white woman. keep dreaming.
Jessica

Mountain View, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2014

Judged:

Just found this website OMG outrageous! Luvit That you can read so much stuff and just post anything you want, this is a good one dad says that rape is always the rapist's fault but a girl can't really complain if she got stupid and put herself at unreasonable risk, like I mean going in bad parts of town at night and things like that. Not like the way she dresses so much but just doing dangerous behaviors I think that's true. I mean bad stuff can happen to you no matter what but you can always change the odds by trying to be safe.
Mariska

Lvov, Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2014

There are so many places in this world where rape of women and young girls and also young boys is a daily event, places where rebels or even the Army troops will come into a village. They use rape as political tool, or as punishment they will hold a man down and raped his family in front of him to punish him for assisting opposition.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

563 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min dirty white boy- 715,902
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min NEWS-FLASH 171,385
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Aura Mytha 223,052
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 529,676
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 19 min WasteWater 3,859
Police Apologize, Drop Charge Vs. Sheehan (Feb '06) 20 min swedenforever 172
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min Dr_Zorderz 255,573
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 49 min RiccardoFire 93,137
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr Ava 58
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••