Leaving a Line and Trying to Reclaim the Spot You Had

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Since: Jul 11

Abita Springs, LA

#1 Mar 10, 2013
I had a situation some months ago where a man in front of me at Walmart in the garden center area was checking out in front of me, then another man was in line with a box in front of me also, so I was third in line in other words. The man in front of me said to the cashier he'd be right back to get a shopping cart. He was gone for around a minute or so, because being that the garden center is kind of far from the shopping cart area at the other entrances to the store. I move up, because he left the line. He comes back and says to me something like this "Mam, I was there before you." I told him "You left the line, that you leave a line you lose the spot you had." I couldn't believe that the jerk in front of me that was paying by the time then was on his side. I don't understand why they think BOXES that are the property of WALMART HOLD your spot?

If you think about it, on Black Friday for example, if "THINGS" held your spot, NO ONE WOULD GO THROUGH THE HUGE TROUBLE OF CAMPING OUT DAYS ON END FOR THE SALES. They'd just leave for example a back pack or suit case or what have you with their name on it. Come back that morning time the store opens(like if it's 4a.m., they'd come back at 3:55a.m. to reclaim their spot).

I couldn't fathom myself when I leave a line that I should be able to reclaim the spot I had. I mean for example, if I was at Burger King, let's say 1 person was in front of me, one was ordering at the time. Let's say I forgot my purse. I go to my car real fast get it, come back. Now there's another 3 people in line. I couldn't FATHOM going up to those people and telling them "I was there, that was my spot." I would get in the back of the line, because once I left the line, I had no more spot. That's how it really works.

I really feel like the man that left the line should have been MUCH MORE *****RESPONSIBLE***** in that if he needed a shopping cart, he should have gone to get one ***BEFORE**** he decided to get into a line. WHY do people think that it's "THEIR SPOT" when they aren't in line anymore? WHY are people like this?

I have had people leave to get bread or something that they forgot as if their groceries and cart are holding their spot. There's NO SUCH THING as this. YOU have to be PHYSICALLY THERE or SOMEONE has to be physically there to hold the spot you had. Notice I said HAD, so if there is someone there, then that's a person that is in the spot that is yours, but if no one is there, WHY do people think they can just jump back in line like they never left? I have NEVER heard of this? When I leave a line, I sure don't **********EVER********** think that I could reclaim the spot I had. Even if someone offered it to me, I'd turn them down, because I left the line. It's a principle thing.

As I said before, if these people were right, then WHY do people camp out on Black Friday rather than leaving a physical object to hold their spot, huh? Obviously, I am 100% correct on this and they aren't.

So people out there, WHY do you think that you can leave the line and still keep your spot if NO ONE IS HOLDING IT, HUH?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min BenAdam 796,253
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Gods r Delusions ... 568,437
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min RiccardoFire 267,548
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 32 min RiccardoFire 38,066
why all marathi's are madharchod?? (Oct '11) 40 min lol 32
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 607,251
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 39,672
Scientific proof for God's existence 8 hr Make World peace ... 617
More from around the web