Obama administration strikes again!

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#1 Nov 20, 2013
Here's what they are doing now...

Here's the article from today's Fort Wort Star telegram. I'm telling you the government is really screwing people over.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/11/19/53523...

A federal agency wants samples of our saliva, blood and breath.
And Fort Worth police helped collect them.
A police spokesman confirmed Tuesday that off-duty officers set up checkpoints on busy streets Friday, ordering motorists off the road at random to collect samples for a nationwide federal survey of alcohol- and drug-impaired driving.
Motorists were asked to pull into a parking lot, give a cheek swab and volunteer for a blood or breath test. Those who agreed were paid $10 to $50.
Those who didn’t could leave after a short interview.
But nobody was given the choice to just not stop.
Police officials will review whether policies were followed in setting up the checkpoint, the spokesman said, apologizing if anyone was “offended or inconvenienced.”
Look, if police order me to pull out of busy traffic on North Beach Street or McCart Avenue at lunch hour and line up in a parking lot, and it turns out it’s just a survey, that’s more than an inconvenience.
“When a federal agency wants you to go into a parking lot and line up for a cheek swab or a Breathalyzer, that sure doesn’t feel very voluntary,” said state Rep. Matt Krause, R-Fort Worth.
He looked into the checkpoints after a KXAS/Channel 5 report. The North Beach Street checkpoint near Western Center Boulevard mentioned in the TV report is in his district.
“I’m very uneasy about it,” Krause said.“It gives you cause for concern.”
According to a recent CNN report, surveys are being conducted in 30 cities nationwide by a Maryland-based contractor as part of a regularly scheduled study for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
The 2007 version of the National Roadside Survey of Alcohol and Drug Use By Drivers describes how off-duty officers in Dallas and other cities were hired to direct motorists into a “research bay” of traffic cones and offered money for samples and for answering a survey of up to 75 questions.
About 1 in 6 motorists who were waved over declined to participate or did not stop.
The samples remain anonymous, according to the federal agency’s response to CNN. The $7.9 million survey takes three years to organize, compile and analyze.
The agency told CNN the survey “provides useful data about alcohol and drug use by drivers,” and asked cities and counties to help as part of “efforts to reduce drunk and drugged driving.”
When off-duty Alabama county deputies helped with the survey in June, each checkpoint was marked with a sign labeled “Paid Volunteer Survey.”
Why not just say:“We’ll Pay You If You Stop”?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#2 Feb 26, 2014
chipping away at our freedoms
realitybased

Piqua, OH

#3 Feb 26, 2014
You guys are so gullible. Broaden your horizons. Try c-span for a change.Live and uncut.
You'll be surprised how much you've been lied to. Fox, Beck, Rush etc., etc, etc.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#4 Feb 26, 2014
that's not really so true.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#5 Feb 26, 2014
realitybased wrote:
You guys are so gullible. Broaden your horizons. Try c-span for a change.Live and uncut.
You'll be surprised how much you've been lied to. Fox, Beck, Rush etc., etc, etc.
Still drinking the Kool-Aid I see......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min ChristineM 765,332
horny girls want to text???? (Mar '14) 21 min Jhammer9 16
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 39 min Holy dr Shrink 39,168
Why Topix is dying 41 min PDX Dave 5
gay snapchat 44 min 25mwv 7
Skinnylicious Cooking Review - Flavia Del Monte 49 min David Miller 1
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 55 min Holy dr Shrink 33,137
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr USA Born 555,150
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Innocent Holy dr ... 603,712
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 263,671
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 8 hr Jan 1,190

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE