Educational system gone awry

No good role models

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Adriannna

Chicago, IL

#154 Dec 10, 2012
What you are saying is just rediculious and racist. Maybe your one of Americas dumbest.

“Where there is love...”

Since: Sep 10

...there must be hate.

#157 May 7, 2013
Adriannna wrote:
What you are saying is just rediculious and racist. Maybe your one of Americas dumbest.
*"ridiculous". Replace "your" with "you're". Also, "America's" needs an apostrophe.
rich

Traverse City, MI

#158 Aug 12, 2013
Yeah,

Would you believe? I once had a guy tell me 'It hurts to think'. So there you go! Now it hurts to think...I wanted to kick him in the rear & show him what hurt really is. Americans are a for the most part a shameful lot. If they were not so ignorant and got involved to make this a better place. They would be worth saving. My family came here over 100 yrs. ago a gave up alot and gained alot! I am seriously thinking of migrating back to Germany, I hope they will have me, and I hope that they won't hold my being from here against me.
USA
United Sucks States of America. Makes me sick. Praise Jesus. I am certain if they had the chance the Christians would do it to him again. No wonder they fed them to the lions. Hows that you Right-winged Pigish Hatemongers?? You wouldn't know Jesus if he knocked on your door..
global traveller

Kingston, Jamaica

#159 Aug 14, 2013
Hollywood actually doesn't help. A constant diet of 'London, England and Paris, France' removes any need to think. If you need to be told where London and Paris are when you are looking at a picture of Tower Bridge or the Eiffel Tower perhaps you are not ready for the big screen experience yet?

Also films like the Bourne series showing the CIA taking charge across the world reinforce the idea among young, less literate US citizens that they are in charge of the planet. The problem is, the more isolated they become, the more the world hates them, the less educated about the world the become, the more isolated they become. It is a pity, they have a lot to offer the world, but on it's terms, not theirs.

“Laugther is the best medicine”

Since: Apr 08

whereever I am at

#160 Aug 27, 2015
I got the answer for this one because the people are lazy and just don't care any more. So no one gives a hoot. Hey it is so much more fun playing than it learning. Who needs to enrich their minds with knowledge any more? Why that's what we got computers for, right?
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#162 Aug 28, 2015
American's are becoming SEW STEWPID because they've become SPOILED by excess materialism and carnal-minded pleasures and interests that are destroying their minds....and they love it. 4REAL.
USaWORLDWARMONGE RER

London, UK

#163 Aug 28, 2015
Jew Hellywood Hollywood making them very stupid.... soon they make them hump dance Mabhahahahaa

Since: Aug 15

Seattle, WA

#165 Aug 28, 2015
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
Besides the lousy educational system
I'm sure drugs have something to do with it
Gotta agree with that one!
I couldn't answer the poll. It only allows one choice when practically all of them are the cause!

whereever I am at

#166 Aug 31, 2015
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
Besides the lousy educational system
I'm sure drugs have something to do with it
Really you want to blame the education system? How about opening u're eyes and take a look at our children? Teachers who would love to teach can't because they don't have any control over their students because the students know they have the upperhand. No respect for institution and no respect for their teachers. I'm not saying there isn't lousy teachers but that is not why our children are getting dumber' As for as the "drug" get real? Man I'm no spring chicken but drugs have been in our society for ever don't even go there. Put the blame where it lies in the hands of the parents who are raising these children. No respect for their elders and no moral values. Most of all no discipline. I see it every day and I am not a teacher.

Seattle, WA

#167 Sep 1, 2015
nightwalker wrote:
<quoted text>Really you want to blame the education system? How about opening u're eyes and take a look at our children? Teachers who would love to teach can't because they don't have any control over their students because the students know they have the upperhand. No respect for institution and no respect for their teachers. I'm not saying there isn't lousy teachers but that is not why our children are getting dumber' As for as the "drug" get real? Man I'm no spring chicken but drugs have been in our society for ever don't even go there. Put the blame where it lies in the hands of the parents who are raising these children. No respect for their elders and no moral values. Most of all no discipline. I see it every day and I am not a teacher.
Drugs have been in our culture, but not as prevalent at such a young age as before. Yes, parents are to blame too, for not teaching their children about the dangers of drugs, a certain amount of respect for authority, etc. The teachers? They are functionally illiterate, most of them. The kids know it. It's hard to show respect for such a useless sack of water calling itself an instructor. Toss in the political agendas in the schools and you have a recipe for disaster, education wise.

The parents are gone, the teachers and the schools suck, the drugs are more available, the TV and radio become a void of intelligence more and more, the news media continually talk about how the world is going to pot, few kids get out of the city to the country for any length of time so they can experience more of the real world, and the artificial life in the cities is all they know.

Is it any wonder these kids are screwed up?

whereever I am at

#168 Sep 2, 2015
Into The Night wrote:
<quoted text>
Drugs have been in our culture, but not as prevalent at such a young age as before. Yes, parents are to blame too, for not teaching their children about the dangers of drugs, a certain amount of respect for authority, etc. The teachers? They are functionally illiterate, most of them. The kids know it. It's hard to show respect for such a useless sack of water calling itself an instructor. Toss in the political agendas in the schools and you have a recipe for disaster, education wise.
The parents are gone, the teachers and the schools suck, the drugs are more available, the TV and radio become a void of intelligence more and more, the news media continually talk about how the world is going to pot, few kids get out of the city to the country for any length of time so they can experience more of the real world, and the artificial life in the cities is all they know.
Is it any wonder these kids are screwed up?
Easy to see the problem but much harder to solve it. I have two good kids who r doing great for themselves but some times I question was it the way I raised them or were they just smart kids who figured out how to survive in this world.

Seattle, WA

#169 Sep 3, 2015
nightwalker wrote:
<quoted text> Easy to see the problem but much harder to solve it. I have two good kids who r doing great for themselves but some times I question was it the way I raised them or were they just smart kids who figured out how to survive in this world.
Both. It takes an extraordinary amount of work to raise kids and treating them like human beings. The kids themselves saw what a wasteland the school system was and successfully coped with it. They became "street" smart. They will not be easily fooled again!
Liberty

Los Angeles, CA

#170 Sep 9, 2015
"Becoming"?

ROFLMAO!

whereever I am at

#171 Sep 9, 2015
Liberty wrote:
"Becoming"?
ROFLMAO!
I'm I to take it u think Americans have all ways been stupid?

Danville, VA

#172 Sep 10, 2015
3 Dog night wrote:
<quoted text>You're wrong about the internet. It has become the world's library. Anything you want to know is out there to learn, discuss, debate, or improve life. It is not regulated or taxed by any government. It has to be the one safe place for free speech left on earth.
No, it really is the internet. You are halfway correct in that there is a world of knowledge on here but you completely overlook all of the false information, hoaxes, urban legends, poorly formed opinions, and memes taken for fact.

You would think that the internet would help to stop the spread of lies but it's only spread them faster than ever.

The internet is a breeding ground for stupidity.

Seattle, WA

#173 Sep 10, 2015
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it really is the internet. You are halfway correct in that there is a world of knowledge on here but you completely overlook all of the false information, hoaxes, urban legends, poorly formed opinions, and memes taken for fact.
You would think that the internet would help to stop the spread of lies but it's only spread them faster than ever.
The internet is a breeding ground for stupidity.
Entertainment! The same thing was said about books when they came out!

The false information, hoaxes, urban legends, poorly formed opinions, and memes have always been there, and they've always been taken for fact by quite a few people.

Speed of information access does not cause stupidity. It makes it more visible than ever, though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Rider on the Storm 92,655
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min Rider on the Storm 183,626
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min hojo 667,859
Everyone is a fool 18 min Jake999 2
News Letter: DNC accept responsibility 27 min Rider on the Storm 57
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 32 min Rider on the Storm 979,409
Anyone else think 9/11 was cool! (Feb '13) 36 min aaron wilms 14
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Neville Thompson 286,044
More from around the web