Why are Americans becoming so stupid?

Why are Americans becoming so stupid?

Created by 3 Dog night on Jun 19, 2008

858 votes

Click on an option to vote

Too much tv

Too much text messaging

Too lazy to read

It's acceptable to be mediocre

Who care's

Too lazy to think

We're not stupid

Good question

Educational system gone awry

No good role models

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
TheHumanConditio n

United States

#1 Jun 19, 2008
By being complacent in having others think for alot of them. I've noticed this at the workplace and at my college.
Group think also. It's cool to agree wth others, that is if you actually give a damn how you think. Otherwise, we have minions and zombies.
It's U.S.A not U.Z.A (United Zombies of America).
Think INDEPENDENTLY.
Cause no matter what you think, there's someone will always despise your thought. So why worry?
This is normal, for challenges are not present if there was no resistance.
That's what innovation is born from.

“It's a dog's life”

Since: Jan 08

Amish Country

#2 Jun 19, 2008
We are becoming stupid. We are bamboozled by the media, TV, big business, politicians, etc. The facts are out there, we are just too lazy to explore and stand up for ourselves. We are in stressful jobs that don't pay enough. We are happy just to be home from those jobs and plop our butts down to watch tv. We don't have the time or energy to debate or make a difference. That's just what big business wants. A stupid public and they're paying our representatives though lobbyists and controlling the media by ownership to shape and control our pathetic lives.
YearRound

Lake Worth, FL

#3 Jun 19, 2008
I think the media is the biggest problem. Television has really ruined people so they don't think anything but what tv tells them to think.

“Laugther is the best medicine”

Since: Apr 08

whereever I am at

#4 Jun 19, 2008
I do not see Americans becoming stupid. I see alot of Americans doing stupid things but honestly I think the American people are really are getting smarter as far as knowledge but they just are not putting their knowledge to good use. We are exspanding our minds but are not doing anything with what we are learning.
Bob

Gig Harbor, WA

#7 Jun 19, 2008
We can blame the dumbing of America on Al Gore and his diabolical plan to warm the earth. Al's troupe of plotting floozies have been working overtime to recruit more groupies who have an affection for spewing their brand of environmental fundamentalism. This particular sect of quasi pseudo activists have been lingering on the fringes of the democratic party, clutching their rags of tie dyed bandannas, holding their tongues and waiting for that opportune moment of civilization's impending collapse just so they can turn the knife with righteous pomp and say, "I told you so."

“It's a dog's life”

Since: Jan 08

Amish Country

#8 Jun 19, 2008
nightwalker wrote:
I do not see Americans becoming stupid. I see alot of Americans doing stupid things but honestly I think the American people are really are getting smarter as far as knowledge but they just are not putting their knowledge to good use. We are exspanding our minds but are not doing anything with what we are learning.
Good point. Why is that?
TheHumanConditio n

United States

#9 Jun 19, 2008
dave wrote:
flouride
Does bad dental work = higher I.Q.?
U can't tell cuz you don't want to get close to an Einstein with halitosis.
Ewww. Just text me or e-mail me, Al.
ReRun

Lake Worth, FL

#10 Jun 19, 2008
3 Dog night wrote:
We are becoming stupid. We are bamboozled by the media, TV, big business, politicians, etc. The facts are out there, we are just too lazy to explore and stand up for ourselves. We are in stressful jobs that don't pay enough. We are happy just to be home from those jobs and plop our butts down to watch tv. We don't have the time or energy to debate or make a difference. That's just what big business wants. A stupid public and they're paying our representatives though lobbyists and controlling the media by ownership to shape and control our pathetic lives.
You are so right. I agree 100%
ReRun

Lake Worth, FL

#11 Jun 19, 2008
I don't believe the conspiracy theory that fluoride makes people dumber. Fluoride is a natural element and is not harmful to humans in small doses.
GLOBAL IDIOTS

New York, NY

#12 Jun 19, 2008
3 Dog night wrote:
We are becoming stupid. We are bamboozled by the media, TV, big business, politicians, etc. The facts are out there, we are just too lazy to explore and stand up for ourselves. We are in stressful jobs that don't pay enough. We are happy just to be home from those jobs and plop our butts down to watch tv. We don't have the time or energy to debate or make a difference. That's just what big business wants. A stupid public and they're paying our representatives though lobbyists and controlling the media by ownership to shape and control our pathetic lives.
The is why the world ruling elites like us dumb dumber so we can't infect, effect and affect for peaceful changes in world agendas of the corrupted ruling elites agendas those are war-for-profit eneterprise and others evils.

Want change WE the World poplulace have to collaborate and stop labeling each other religiously, politically, socio-economically ; if we want real changes for peach and prospersity! Let stop all wars and stop supporting arms/weapon factories! WAKE UP!

OH we too lazy, lets forget about it!
friscoguru

Berkeley, CA

#13 Jun 19, 2008
YearRound wrote:
I think the media is the biggest problem. Television has really ruined people so they don't think anything but what tv tells them to think.
TV is not the only culprit. Internet is the real reason why Americans are becomming stupid. Browsing the internet for watching porno sites, playing videogame,watching YouTube,wasting time on Myspace and facebook.American kids are wasting so much time on these stupid activities that they don't spend more than 1 hour on study. They are digging their own grave. All of them will be working in Starbucks and McDonalds and KFC. Very soon Americans will be the dumbest nation on earth behind Puertoricans, Mexicans and Africans.
Americans take Baseball,Football, Basketball and Golf more seriously than math and science. Only jobs Americans can get these days are marketing and sales jobs and Adult movie actor and actresses.

“It's a dog's life”

Since: Jan 08

Amish Country

#14 Jun 19, 2008
Bob wrote:
We can blame the dumbing of America on Al Gore and his diabolical plan to warm the earth. Al's troupe of plotting floozies have been working overtime to recruit more groupies who have an affection for spewing their brand of environmental fundamentalism. This particular sect of quasi pseudo activists have been lingering on the fringes of the democratic party, clutching their rags of tie dyed bandannas, holding their tongues and waiting for that opportune moment of civilization's impending collapse just so they can turn the knife with righteous pomp and say, "I told you so."
You have just proven my point that we are becoming more stupid. Although I have to give you credit for spelling, grammar, and the ability to be sarcastic.
My Opinion

Rineyville, KY

#15 Jun 19, 2008
At one time, back in the olden days....people could trust the news on TV, or the radio as being fact, and not some assholes opinion, or the newscaster being dictated to on what/how to report. Back then even though your President, Senator, or whoever wasn't the one you voted for they were given a certain amount of respect and decorum, and we didn't probe into their private lives(affairs, and so forth), and at some level we trusted that they were looking out for our best interests. This was all before the corporations fully owned this country, and it's leaders. This was before our leaders found out how profitable it was to support a war, because they were CEO of a company providing equipment, contract workers, and so forth to that war.

Our children are lied to on a daily basis at School by our so called educators. History and facts have been distorted until people actually believe it.

Yes, people have gotten lazy, or complacent. They no longer take the time to search out the truth of anything....they just get information on the run, and ASSUME it's accurate.

Sorry for the rant but this hit a nerve.

“It's a dog's life”

Since: Jan 08

Amish Country

#16 Jun 19, 2008
friscoguru wrote:
<quoted text>
TV is not the only culprit. Internet is the real reason why Americans are becomming stupid. Browsing the internet for watching porno sites, playing videogame,watching YouTube,wasting time on Myspace and facebook.American kids are wasting so much time on these stupid activities that they don't spend more than 1 hour on study. They are digging their own grave. All of them will be working in Starbucks and McDonalds and KFC. Very soon Americans will be the dumbest nation on earth behind Puertoricans, Mexicans and Africans.
Americans take Baseball,Football, Basketball and Golf more seriously than math and science. Only jobs Americans can get these days are marketing and sales jobs and Adult movie actor and actresses.
You're wrong about the internet. It has become the world's library. Anything you want to know is out there to learn, discuss, debate, or improve life. It is not regulated or taxed by any government. It has to be the one safe place for free speech left on earth.
GLOBAL IDIOTS

New York, NY

#19 Jun 19, 2008
3 Dog night wrote:
We are becoming stupid. We are bamboozled by the media, TV, big business, politicians, etc. The facts are out there, we are just too lazy to explore and stand up for ourselves. We are in stressful jobs that don't pay enough. We are happy just to be home from those jobs and plop our butts down to watch tv. We don't have the time or energy to debate or make a difference. That's just what big business wants. A stupid public and they're paying our representatives though lobbyists and controlling the media by ownership to shape and control our pathetic lives.
Elites are using all sorts of ploys such as progandistic tools to control us all from TV, radios,newspaper, palystation, career... too keep us busy and so we don't cause problems!
The is why the world ruling elites like us dumb dumber so we can't infect, effect and affect for peaceful changes in world agendas of the corrupted ruling elites agendas those are war-for-profit eneterprise and others evils.

Want change WE the World poplulace have to collaborate and stop labeling each other religiously, politically, socio-economically ; if we want real changes for peach and prospersity! Let stop all wars and stop supporting arms/weapon factories! WAKE UP!

OH we too lazy, lets forget about it!

“It's a dog's life”

Since: Jan 08

Amish Country

#20 Jun 20, 2008
Daisy wrote:
OK....WERE IS THE IDIOT WHO STARTED THIS STUPID POLL? THE ONLY ONES WHO ARE STUPID IS THE ILLEGALS!! WE HAVE TO DEPORT THEM NOW!!
Here is the "idiot" who created this poll. You have just proven my point that Americans are becoming dumber. What's your excuse?

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#22 Jun 20, 2008
How many doctors, dentists, engineers, or successful business people in your neighborhood have Chinese and Indian names? Maybe you can't afford to live in their neighborhood. Our schools are more interested in being politically correct and avoiding lawsuits than teaching our children. Children also are not taught to respect the teachers or the fellow classmates. It all begins at home. Where has Mom and Dad been all day?
Knurly

Gig Harbor, WA

#23 Jun 20, 2008
Mom was waiting tables at the truck stop and dad went down in the basement to nurse another case of beer.
Sad but, here I am.

“It's a dog's life”

Since: Jan 08

Amish Country

#24 Jun 20, 2008
Knurly wrote:
Mom was waiting tables at the truck stop and dad went down in the basement to nurse another case of beer.
Sad but, here I am.
Yes it is sad. But like you say, you wouldn't be here otherwise.

“Confront the Brutal Facts”

Since: Mar 06

Buford, Ga

#25 Jun 21, 2008
GLOBAL IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
The is why the world ruling elites like us dumb dumber so we can't infect, effect and affect for peaceful changes in world agendas of the corrupted ruling elites agendas those are war-for-profit eneterprise and others evils.
Want change WE the World poplulace have to collaborate and stop labeling each other religiously, politically, socio-economically ; if we want real changes for peach and prospersity! Let stop all wars and stop supporting arms/weapon factories! WAKE UP!
OH we too lazy, lets forget about it!
Do you really believe yourself?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min bad bob 15,882
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min kent 683,714
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 27 min Doctor REALITY 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 29 min Aerobatty 983,116
I'm very saddened by Kryie wanting away from Le... 54 min Doctor REALITY 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 59 min Born Again Past JW 46,265
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Devoted Child Prayer 619,691
More from around the web