Why I’m no longer a Christian
duststorm

League City, TX

#469850 Oct 15, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
When do you think this Adam and Eve lived? Ten thousand years ago? Twenty thousand?
The Dna of modern humans goes back over 200,000 thousand years on one mitochrondial line.
Arts and Entertainment have a genealogy which goes back around 6,000 years.
duststorm

League City, TX

#469851 Oct 15, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think there is anything in the Bible that praioses intelligence so I wouldn't pay much attention to your view on what constitutes intelligence,
Proverbs 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#469852 Oct 15, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, that'll be where you read about atheists killing atheists in arguments over who believes in gods the least.
Ah, wait a minute.....that never happens.
LOL......good one!

OCTOBER IS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AWARENESS MONTH

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#469853 Oct 15, 2014
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction - we have cave paintings (art and entertainment for these creators) that go back 40,000 years.

Please do not promote a false history of the Earth.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/...

If you were to set aside your Bible and research what you express before expressing it, you may get something accurately stated every now and then.
duststorm

League City, TX

#469854 Oct 15, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction - we have cave paintings (art and entertainment for these creators) that go back 40,000 years.
Please do not promote a false history of the Earth.
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/...
If you were to set aside your Bible and research what you express before expressing it, you may get something accurately stated every now and then.
23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

24 Which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi, which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Janna, which was the son of Joseph,

25 Which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Amos, which was the son of Naum, which was the son of Esli, which was the son of Nagge,

26 Which was the son of Maath, which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Semei, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Juda,

27 Which was the son of Joanna, which was the son of Rhesa, which was the son of Zorobabel, which was the son of Salathiel, which was the son of Neri,

28 Which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Addi, which was the son of Cosam, which was the son of Elmodam, which was the son of Er,

29 Which was the son of Jose, which was the son of Eliezer, which was the son of Jorim, which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi,

30 Which was the son of Simeon, which was the son of Juda, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Jonan, which was the son of Eliakim,

31 Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Mattatha, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David,

32 Which was the son of Jesse, which was the son of Obed, which was the son of Booz, which was the son of Salmon, which was the son of Naasson,

33 Which was the son of Aminadab, which was the son of Aram, which was the son of Esrom, which was the son of Phares, which was the son of Juda,

34 Which was the son of Jacob, which was the son of Isaac, which was the son of Abraham, which was the son of Thara, which was the son of Nachor,

35 Which was the son of Saruch, which was the son of Ragau, which was the son of Phalec, which was the son of Heber, which was the son of Sala,

36 Which was the son of Cainan, which was the son of Arphaxad, which was the son of Sem, which was the son of Noe, which was the son of Lamech,

37 Which was the son of Mathusala, which was the son of Enoch, which was the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan,

38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

“The Bible is no science book”

Location hidden

#469855 Oct 15, 2014
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
And that means what ? The magazine or tv channels has been around 5950 years before the tv was invented?

Albuquerque, NM

#469856 Oct 15, 2014
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,
24 Which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi, which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Janna, which was the son of Joseph,
25 Which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Amos, which was the son of Naum, which was the son of Esli, which was the son of Nagge,
26 Which was the son of Maath, which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Semei, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Juda,
27 Which was the son of Joanna, which was the son of Rhesa, which was the son of Zorobabel, which was the son of Salathiel, which was the son of Neri,
28 Which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Addi, which was the son of Cosam, which was the son of Elmodam, which was the son of Er,
29 Which was the son of Jose, which was the son of Eliezer, which was the son of Jorim, which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi,
30 Which was the son of Simeon, which was the son of Juda, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Jonan, which was the son of Eliakim,
31 Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Mattatha, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David,
32 Which was the son of Jesse, which was the son of Obed, which was the son of Booz, which was the son of Salmon, which was the son of Naasson,
33 Which was the son of Aminadab, which was the son of Aram, which was the son of Esrom, which was the son of Phares, which was the son of Juda,
34 Which was the son of Jacob, which was the son of Isaac, which was the son of Abraham, which was the son of Thara, which was the son of Nachor,
35 Which was the son of Saruch, which was the son of Ragau, which was the son of Phalec, which was the son of Heber, which was the son of Sala,
36 Which was the son of Cainan, which was the son of Arphaxad, which was the son of Sem, which was the son of Noe, which was the son of Lamech,
37 Which was the son of Mathusala, which was the son of Enoch, which was the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan,
38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
Are you showing your diversion and avoidance on purpose?

This has nothing to do with my post.

Wanna try again?
duststorm

League City, TX

#469858 Oct 16, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
And that means what ? The magazine or tv channels has been around 5950 years before the tv was invented?
Liam posted the following:
GROSS conceptual error. The Bible does NOT say that all mankind is born in sin because of A&E. The ONLY curse was that people now have to work for a living, rather than being allowed to live in the Garden where all their food grew without human effort.
duststorm

League City, TX

#469859 Oct 16, 2014
<quoted text>
Are you showing your diversion and avoidance on purpose?
This has nothing to do with my post.
Wanna try again?
The entire 6500 years of man's existence on earth, beginning with A&E.

“The Bible is no science book”

Location hidden

#469860 Oct 17, 2014
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text> The entire 6500 years of man's existence on earth, beginning with A&E.
Oh no, another Christians who thinks humanity has only been on earth for 6500 years. There were millions of people on earth at that point.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7th_millennium_B...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Earth_crea...

Albuquerque, NM

#469861 Oct 17, 2014
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text> The entire 6500 years of man's existence on earth, beginning with A&E.
Well since I've proven you to be wrong, and you still are clamoring on about how I am incorrect - using only your opinion.....why haven't you produced anything that is credible to support your position?

I know the answer to this - BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOTHING.

See that is easy.....because I enjoy and like to be direct and honest, where as you prefer avoidance, diversion, lying, and overall misleading people towards your unfounded belief of men over what Jesus taught.

No need to further your explanation....because I know you will lie about all the facts I just stated.

And that is because Christianity promotes dishonesty and arrogance.
duststorm

League City, TX

#469862 Oct 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Well since I've proven you to be wrong, and you still are clamoring on about how I am incorrect - using only your opinion.....why haven't you produced anything that is credible to support your position?
I know the answer to this - BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOTHING.
See that is easy.....because I enjoy and like to be direct and honest, where as you prefer avoidance, diversion, lying, and overall misleading people towards your unfounded belief of men over what Jesus taught.
No need to further your explanation....because I know you will lie about all the facts I just stated.
And that is because Christianity promotes dishonesty and arrogance.
I too prefer the truth.
Genealogies set forth in the Bible may not account for exactly 6500 years. Many names of persons who were born in those lineages are not mentioned. If you wish to believe that mankind has existed on earth for 60,000 years or 6 million years, that is your prerogative. You have no exact method of determining the time frame. Neither do I. I lean towards a much younger age for Earth. I lean towards a quick and expeditious time frame for the creation of earth, actually less than a week in real time.
This is my opinion, born of my belief. In that you are correct.
duststorm

League City, TX

#469863 Oct 18, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, another Christians who thinks humanity has only been on earth for 6500 years. There were millions of people on earth at that point.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7th_millennium_B...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Earth_crea...
I generally ascribe to the Young Earth Creationism, which was set forth accurately in the Wiki article. I even followed the Gap theory for several years, as it served to tidy up some apparent inconsistencies.

Do you believe that:
Light was created in an instant.
The light was then divided from the darkness.
There was an atmosphere created on the second day. God created an ozone covering to protect us. On that day the firmament of the heavens was created.
The third day he gathered the oceans and let the dry land appear. Seeds, trees, grass, fruits.
Fourth day was spectacular, what with the placing of the stars, sun, moon; then, he formed the rhythm of seasons, days, years.
Day five, animals and their reproduction each after his kind were created by God.

mike

AOL

#469864 Oct 18, 2014
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text> I generally ascribe to the Young Earth Creationism, which was set forth accurately in the Wiki article. I even followed the Gap theory for several years, as it served to tidy up some apparent inconsistencies.
Do you believe that:
Light was created in an instant.
The light was then divided from the darkness.
There was an atmosphere created on the second day. God created an ozone covering to protect us. On that day the firmament of the heavens was created.
The third day he gathered the oceans and let the dry land appear. Seeds, trees, grass, fruits.
Fourth day was spectacular, what with the placing of the stars, sun, moon; then, he formed the rhythm of seasons, days, years.
Day five, animals and their reproduction each after his kind were created by God.
Wait !.....you can't have " Day and Night " without the " Sun ",..yet the " Sun " was created on the fourth day ,....talk about inconsistencies !

When fantasizing , you never need to fill-in the blank space .

Albuquerque, NM

#469869 Oct 20, 2014
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
I too prefer the truth.
Genealogies set forth in the Bible may not account for exactly 6500 years. Many names of persons who were born in those lineages are not mentioned. If you wish to believe that mankind has existed on earth for 60,000 years or 6 million years, that is your prerogative. You have no exact method of determining the time frame. Neither do I. I lean towards a much younger age for Earth. I lean towards a quick and expeditious time frame for the creation of earth, actually less than a week in real time.
This is my opinion, born of my belief. In that you are correct.
No your opinion is based upon fantasy and stories.

My belief is based upon Scientific facts, archaeological evidence, and accurate dating of relics by scholars.

So no - people existed on this planet - included different regions of Earth....when you think the peopling only began in the 7th C. BCE. You are wrong and choose to be ignorant, because you refuse to research the truths you blindly follow.

BTW - the genealogy of names do not provide any evidence that these individuals actually existed, unless you have physical paperwork as in birth and death certificates....nor does it substantiate the age of the planet.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469870 Oct 20, 2014
mike wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks
You do know it's human nature , at some point , people put their GOD to the side and live .
Pretending GOD is real , become's tiresome !
"UNLESS you're born again, you won't see the Kingdom of Heaven" - Jesus

i.e., OF COURSE this would all be just tedious superstition/religious mumbo-jumbo if it weren't for the born-again experience!:-)
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#469872 Oct 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"UNLESS you're born again, you won't see the Kingdom of Heaven" - Jesus
i.e., OF COURSE this would all be just tedious superstition/religious mumbo-jumbo if it weren't for the born-again experience!:-)
You realize you are quoting the anonymous primary author of the 4th gospel, not Jesus, right?

But yes, you have to delude yourself to make that nonsense work for you.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469873 Oct 21, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize you are quoting the anonymous primary author of the 4th gospel, not Jesus, right?
But yes, you have to delude yourself to make that nonsense work for you.
no - i don't realize that cuz it's not true. there is in fact a Jesus and He lives within His Body which is the Church of Christ on earth. therefore,'if you don't receive me you're also not receiving Christ, Who is the only Person able to save you from your sin'- quoting Jesus again only paraphrased through me, His ambassador:-)
duststorm

League City, TX

#469874 Oct 21, 2014
mike wrote:
<quoted text> Wait !.....you can't have " Day and Night " without the " Sun ",..yet the " Sun " was created on the fourth day ,....talk about inconsistencies !
When fantasizing , you never need to fill-in the blank space .
Don't know if this will help with the big picture: Rev. 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

In the beginning God said let there be light: and there was light. This is a light that illuminates without sun or moon or stars. It is an all-encompassing light.
duststorm

League City, TX

#469875 Oct 21, 2014
<quoted text>
No your opinion is based upon fantasy and stories.
My belief is based upon Scientific facts, archaeological evidence, and accurate dating of relics by scholars.
So no - people existed on this planet - included different regions of Earth....when you think the peopling only began in the 7th C. BCE. You are wrong and choose to be ignorant, because you refuse to research the truths you blindly follow.
BTW - the genealogy of names do not provide any evidence that these individuals actually existed, unless you have physical paperwork as in birth and death certificates....nor does it substantiate the age of the planet.
Actually, the peopling began 3500 B.C.
As far as names being written down, you are definitely on the right track, because names are important, and they are written down. Every name since the foundation of the world has been written down; however, when the person chooses to willfully and repeatedly deny the Lord, his name will be blotted out of the Lamb's Book of Life.
Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 29 min River Tam 854,650
The Christian Atheist debate 31 min Brian_G 921
Poll Which is the Best SAP ABAP institute in hyderab... (Nov '12) 57 min Ramya 37
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 40,698
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 hr MUQ2 648
Private Placement Program for Indian Investors ... (Nov '12) 1 hr vincent 14
Free Download Scripts buying and selling digita... 2 hr Burke Devlin 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr NeedInnerPeace 612,607
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr 2all 596,180
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 hr Charlie Sheen 272,082
More from around the web