“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#469532 Aug 25, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"nie můj cyrk, nie moje malpy"...
Hehehe.
LOL!

Jak sie masz , Mac ?

Me mum's tongue ;)

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#469533 Aug 25, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
all equity as been satisfied through the Blood of Christ, of whom you choose to reject.
therefore, you're out there all on your own.....
Whoa! There's that blood fixation again.

What is it with you guys and blood?

When is the penny going to drop with Christianity? Death, martyrdom, suffering, pain, loss, blood, these are not concepts with which any brand would want to be identified. If that's the core of your message, no wonder you've got a problem.

Nottingham, UK

#469534 Aug 25, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
epic fail!
i don't see you treating Christ and i how you'd like to be treated, received, and loved unconditionally; instead, you're always accusing and condeming:-(
Do you really understand what the Golden Rule is about?

It's all about ethical goodness on a reciprocal basis and you'll see it manifested in numerous religions in many different words. Jesus mentions it in the NT although he was far from being the first.

I'm sure you'll agree that wishing no harm or suffering on others is understandably a good thing. Yet harm is exactly what your god wishes on people and he expects his followers to obey him and break the Golden Rule.

Surely the merit of any religion isn't what you believe in but more about what you do? In other words, it's all about how you treat your fellow human beings. Extending the same treatment to other people that you would expect them to extend to you is undoubtedly the pinnacle of human ethical behaviour.

Also, if God/Allah/Brahma/Shiva/etc, really do exist, yet they insist that we humans must break the Golden Rule to get to Heaven; then they aren't worth thinking about.

Let's look at the god of the Bible: His main condition for us to get our pass for Heaven is not about treating our fellow humans decently and respectfully. Oh no, the Golden Rule doesn't matter to God. All that matters to him is that we love Jesus more than anyone else and with every fibre of our being.

You may like the idea of spending eternity with such a vain, egotistical, self-centred deity but not me.

Nottingham, UK

#469535 Aug 25, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Good for you!
Gateway to the Isles, eh? They make a decent single-malt there...
Yeah, Oban has a lot right on its doorstep and is a great point to pick up a ferry to Mull, Skye, Lewis, Harris, etc.

I've always liked the Islay malts: Laphraoig, Ardbeg, Bowmore, Lagavulin, etc, although they can be a bit peaty for some people.

Nottingham, UK

#469536 Aug 25, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
That is found in the old testament. Not what Jesus taught.
Agreed.

Is the OT god the same as the NT one?

After rampaging and slaughtering his way through the pages of the OT, Jehovah appears to undergo a major personality change for the NT.

Well, that is, until the end of the NT, when he slaughters most of humanity with Jesus at the head of his armies. Ni doubt Whassup will be there gleefully killing people on command.

I guess that whole "love your enemy" schtick wasonly ever meant to be a temporary thing?

Nottingham, UK

#469537 Aug 25, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe this to be so.
If there is a god then I'd like to think he has a sense of fairness.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#469538 Aug 25, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
So I found a song I like, that blends with this conversation imo:
www.youtube.com/watch...
Seether!

The Borderland of Sol

#469539 Aug 25, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Jak sie masz , Mac ?
Me mum's tongue ;)
Oh, I'm pret' good, thanks.

Note that I don't actually speak Polack - I just have the odd phrase...

The Borderland of Sol

#469540 Aug 25, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Oban has a lot right on its doorstep and is a great point to pick up a ferry to Mull, Skye, Lewis, Harris, etc.
I've always liked the Islay malts: Laphraoig, Ardbeg, Bowmore, Lagavulin, etc, although they can be a bit peaty for some people.
I grew up in the West of Ireland. Peat smoke is mother's milk to me...

Nottingham, UK

#469541 Aug 25, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I grew up in the West of Ireland. Peat smoke is mother's milk to me...
"In the sweet county Limerick one cold winter's night....."

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469542 Aug 26, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Never said that it was. In my opinion you are wrong. Peacefully standing up for rights, takes much more strength than bullying your way through.
2) I never said that all Christians are disciples(.) I simply pointed out that there are female disciples found within the bible, after you said females can not be disciples. All the other topics you pulled out of your hat simply to divert the conversation away from the point you made...still stands btw.
i never diverted the conversation away from my position that there is not one example in the New Testament where Jesus commisioned a woman as a disciple to preach the Gospel nor in acts or the epistles where the apostles did. you did NOT provide an example, but you only submitted conjecure and it was extra-biblical conjecure at that!:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469543 Aug 26, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I live what I believe to be my calling, daily. I believe that God has a higher calling than you believe for women.
LOL! what could be a higher calling than to birth and nurchur souls whern they are the most impressionable??? in this respect, woman get to 'make disciples of all nations' much more than men do!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469544 Aug 26, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It's not true. You placed the salvation of someone else on another. When does God come in?
huh? mike said that you're better at ministering the Gospel and you mantain that you're a disciple so i was just sending some business your way.

btw - ministering the Gospel in authority and with signs following is not just about being a nicey-nice doormat person. many blasphemers are 'nice' people too but are also as far away from God as heaven is from hell;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469545 Aug 26, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
So God leaves folks behind because they don't believe?
"depart from Me, I never knew you" - Jesus

cmon, sis! if you want to be a disciple of JESUS you're gonna hafta know Him and His Word!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469547 Aug 26, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Questions are not condemnation.
it's VERY interesting where your alliance is and how you're challenging everything i say, but not what those who are opposing Christ and i say!

i think from henceforth i'm gonna use the word "sis/sister" more discretely!

"those who are not for Me are against Me and those who do not gather with Me scatter abroad" - Jesus

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469548 Aug 26, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
What is grace and is it only for Christians?
how's about this - you actually read the Bible and then we'll be able to talk Bible doctrine???

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469549 Aug 26, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa! There's that blood fixation again.
What is it with you guys and blood?
When is the penny going to drop with Christianity? Death, martyrdom, suffering, pain, loss, blood, these are not concepts with which any brand would want to be identified. If that's the core of your message, no wonder you've got a problem.
maybe NoStress can tell you why the Blood of Christ is necessary to atone for sin.....

NoStress, can you please take this?:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469550 Aug 26, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really understand what the Golden Rule is about?
It's all about ethical goodness on a reciprocal basis and you'll see it manifested in numerous religions in many different words. Jesus mentions it in the NT although he was far from being the first.
I'm sure you'll agree that wishing no harm or suffering on others is understandably a good thing. Yet harm is exactly what your god wishes on people and he expects his followers to obey him and break the Golden Rule.
Surely the merit of any religion isn't what you believe in but more about what you do? In other words, it's all about how you treat your fellow human beings. Extending the same treatment to other people that you would expect them to extend to you is undoubtedly the pinnacle of human ethical behaviour.
Also, if God/Allah/Brahma/Shiva/etc, really do exist, yet they insist that we humans must break the Golden Rule to get to Heaven; then they aren't worth thinking about.
Let's look at the god of the Bible: His main condition for us to get our pass for Heaven is not about treating our fellow humans decently and respectfully. Oh no, the Golden Rule doesn't matter to God. All that matters to him is that we love Jesus more than anyone else and with every fibre of our being.
You may like the idea of spending eternity with such a vain, egotistical, self-centred deity but not me.
i guess like in germany circa 30-40's, the golden rule applies differently according to the culture depending on what you believe. they thought it was their moral obligation to exterminate another race.

i believe God and His idea of morality which doesn't change according to culture.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469551 Aug 26, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Seether!
NoStress is a very nice person, huh? does she care enough to tell you what Christ said, that "except you repent, you shall likewise perish"???

Nottingham, UK

#469552 Aug 26, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i guess like in germany circa 30-40's, the golden rule applies differently according to the culture depending on what you believe. they thought it was their moral obligation to exterminate another race.
i believe God and His idea of morality which doesn't change according to culture.
The Germany of 1930s and 1940s was an overwhelmingly Christian nation. Much more so than the US is now.

The vast majority of the German population was Christian, as was the religious clergy.

The ethics and morals of an overwhelmingly Christian country were all that stood between the Jews and death.

In other words, nothing at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Happy Lesbo 809,922
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 12 min Romans Road 948
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min oxbow 574,126
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 20 min RFD 5,459
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min Aardvark Ratnick 268,904
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 44 min WasteWater 97,893
Obama earned Giuliani's assessment 46 min Cat74 7
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 52 min New Age Spiritual... 608,219
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 9 hr coco 204
More from around the web