Why I’m no longer a Christian

“It's time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

The South Pole

#469721 Sep 10, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!:-)
ya know....God doesn't hold our individual sins against us (including homosexuality), but He does require that we embrace His Son and the redeeming work that He did for us on the Cross.
the only reason that i chide with the gays on these threads in particular is because THEY require God and the rest of us to embrace their illicit behavior all the while they deny God's Son......
Then there's all YOUR behaviour. That's much more offensive than 100 gay men walking past in g-strings.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#469722 Sep 10, 2014
On another note,

I know a few from the UK still check in on occasion here, and Mac (Eire)...

So curious , what are the odds, in your mind , Scotland votes to secede ?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469723 Sep 10, 2014
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Why you unsalted "Nut"
What do you know about the "GOD"-Concept?
You have no clue as to what the bible really is!
There is no GOD!
have it your way mike - solitary confinement with no God for you!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469724 Sep 10, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Then there's all YOUR behaviour. That's much more offensive than 100 gay men walking past in g-strings.
oooohhh gurl! did ya hafta give me an image of THAT?! lol!

listen here w_n who's now a lesbian from down under - i never said that my behavior is any better than a gay's; i continue to proclaim that there's only one solution to all of humanities illicit behaviors and that's the The Lord Jesus Christ!

so you see, i'm not the hypocrite here, but those who claim to be righteous outside of Christ's provision are the hypocrites!:-)

“I'm out hunting”

Since: Jan 10

For your mind and soul

#469725 Sep 10, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you be so kind as to show us these verses?
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text
The Gospels tells us that Pontius Pilate had Jesus flogged and sentenced to death and indeed, it was the Romans themselves who carried out the crucifixion. Yet those same Gospels do plenty to malign the Jews and disseminate hatred of the Jews. It seems to me that it suited the early Christians to blame the Jews to avoid upsetting the Romans. It would make it much easier to continue practising this new religion if they kept Rome sweet.
Christians couldn't bring themselves to blame the Romans, since Rome was the "eternal city."
It is funny how the medieval Italians came to hate the Jews for a crime their ancestors took part in.
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
The Synod of Elvira forbade Jewish men from having sex with Christian women. It didn't ban Christian men from having sex with Jewish women. Jews couldn't marry Christians or even share a meal with them.
It was the same with the mussies. The men had the freedom, to mate regardless of religion, while the women are to remain chained.

“I'm out hunting”

For your mind and soul

#469726 Sep 10, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
American xians are working their way up to being as radicalized as Muslims. It is only a matter of time until xians try and start killing folks in this country. Unless they are stopped. I believe that the best way to stop them would be to simply get them to understand that the Bible PROVES that xianity is totally false, that the Bible clearly states that worshiping a human like Jesus is an abomination, and that equating Jesus with the God of the Bible is utter blasphemy.
They are actually pagans at heart, worshiping three gods at once.

“I'm out hunting”

For your mind and soul

#469727 Sep 10, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant! I'll save those.
Martin Luther was a real whackjob. Here's what the founding father of Protestantism has to say about reason:
"Reason is the Devil's greatest whore; by nature and manner of being she is a noxious whore; she is a prostitute, the Devil's appointed whore; whore eaten by scab and leprosy who ought to be trodden under foot and destroyed, she and her wisdom ... Throw dung in her face to make her ugly. She is and she ought to be drowned in baptism... She would deserve, the wretch, to be banished to the filthiest place in the house, to the closets."
Martin Luther, Erlangen Edition v. 16, pp. 142-148
"Reason is the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things, but -- more frequently than not -- struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God."
"Reason must be deluded, blinded, and destroyed. Faith must trample underfoot all reason, sense, and understanding, and whatever it sees must be put out of sight and ... know nothing but the word of God."
"There is on earth among all dangers no more dangerous thing than a richly endowed and adroit reason... Reason must be deluded, blinded, and destroyed."
Martin Luther, quoted by Walter Kaufmann, The Faith of a Heretic,(Garden City, NY, Doubleday, 1963), p. 75
"Reason should be destroyed in all Christians."
Whoever wants to be a Christian should tear the eyes out of his Reason."
"To be a Christian, you must "pluck out the eye of reason."
"People gave ear to an upstart astrologer [Copernicus] who strove to show that the earth revolves, not the heavens or the firmament, the sun and the moon. Whoever wishes to appear clever must devise some new system, which of all systems is of course the very best. This fool wishes to reverse the entire science of astronomy; but sacred scripture tells us [Joshua 10:13] that Joshua commanded the sun to stand still, and not the earth."
Martin Luther, "Works," Volume 22, c. 1543
"We know, on the authority of Moses, that longer than six thousand years the world did not exist."
Martin Luther, "Lectures on Genesis"
Sounds like what my deceased pastor said at a sermon. That opened my eyes and exposed me to the fraud.

“I'm out hunting”

For your mind and soul

#469728 Sep 10, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
NO! i'm saying that since you, a flaming sinner, won't acknowledge your wicked sinfulness, YOU'RE stinking up the earth with your vile impertinence all the while thinking that you're better than GOD.
you're exactly like satan this way and THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING!;-)
We are impertinent because we dare to think outside the box.

“I'm out hunting”

For your mind and soul

#469729 Sep 10, 2014
Sid Hawkes wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, so true with the parenting!! With respect to sin, from what I understand, it began when Lucifer, the angel of Light got booted out of heaven on account of mutiny. Then, humans (via Eve and Adam) transferred the dominion of Earth to him. Yeah, we are in a messy situation, dude.
You have a very vivid imagination.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469730 Sep 11, 2014
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
We are impertinent because we dare to think outside the box.
oh i'm very aware that sodomites aren't interested in 'boxes' pal, but thinking with your bigger head isn't one of your strong points!;-)

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#469731 Sep 11, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!:-)
ya know....God doesn't hold our individual sins against us (including homosexuality), but He does require that we embrace His Son and the redeeming work that He did for us on the Cross.
the only reason that i chide with the gays on these threads in particular is because THEY require God and the rest of us to embrace their illicit behavior all the while they deny God's Son......
Your god doesn't even treat sins equally.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469732 Sep 11, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god doesn't even treat sins equally.
"the soul that sins shall surely die"

don't sin and you won't die - how fair is that?!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#469733 Sep 11, 2014
Senecus wrote:
On another note,
They might.

I'm not entirely sure it's a good idea - though as a Mick, I sympathize.

I'll be following with some interest.

The Borderland of Sol

#469734 Sep 11, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's 4 sure! Ethics is not a county in England.
:-)
And denial ain't a river in Egypt. Hehehe.

The Borderland of Sol

#469735 Sep 11, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
"By those that winnow with a winnowing
And those that bear the burden (of the rain)
And those that glide with ease (upon the sea)
And those who distribute (blessings) by command,
Lo! that wherewith ye are threatened is indeed true,
And lo! the judgment will indeed befall.
By the heaven full of paths,
Lo! ye, forsooth, are of various opinion (concerning the truth).
He is made to turn away from it who is (himself) averse."
Quran. Surah 51:1-9
I kinda like Surah 42: "If Allah had so willed, he could have made them a single people; but he admits whom he will to his mercy..."
Sounds like anyone can get in, if He so chooses.
Even atheists and apostates.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#469736 Sep 12, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>They might.
I'm not entirely sure it's a good idea - though as a Mick, I sympathize.
I'll be following with some interest.
Hi Mac, thanks for the response, and hope things going well.

I'm following it with interest, too,'tis part of me heritage (as well as Eire:)
duststorm

League City, TX

#469739 Sep 14, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I kinda like Surah 42: "If Allah had so willed, he could have made them a single people; but he admits whom he will to his mercy..."
Sounds like anyone can get in, if He so chooses.
Even atheists and apostates.
That's the ticket. Rely on the Quran to give you the way to heaven.
duststorm

League City, TX

#469740 Sep 14, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
<quoted text>
What does temperature at Earth's core have to do with it? Are you really naive enough to believe the Christian Hell is actually located inside our planet? Is that actually what you're implying?
There is nothing to say it isn't. Hell is below. Hell is hot. Hell is a continuous fire. Do you have any basis for eliminating the earth's core as the actual site of hell? "Where the smoke of their torment ascendeth forever"."They'll gnaw their tongues for the pain.
duststorm

League City, TX

#469741 Sep 14, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
When do you think this Adam and Eve lived? Ten thousand years ago? Twenty thousand?
The Dna of modern humans goes back over 200,000 thousand years on one mitochrondial line. There are many lines, but only one that goes back that far of women having daughters every generation.
So that is way past when Adam and Eve were here. This is back to the point of us breeding with Neanderthal and we know our ancestors go back to the austropithicine LUCY who is about 2 million years old.
The entire Christian religion is based on the original sin of Adam and Eve. Science has shown that they never existed. There is no original sin, nothing to feel guilty about for being born a human. There may have been a preacher named Jesus, but he definitely was not divine, only made into a hero and a divine inspiration by Paul. Paul created the Christian religion, not Jesus. Paul was a pagan who bought Roman citizenship. Paul created the eucharist. No Jew of any sort would have anything to do with eating human flesh and drinking human blood, which is exactly what that simple ceremony represent. Here is my flesh and my blood. Eat and drink of it. Horrible.
Its hard to imagine what people have been forced to do for their religion cause you cant think any more once you get with the program.
We go back 6500 hundred years to the first man, Adam, and the first woman, Eve.
Any other theory postulated needs thousands and thousands and millions and millions of years.----Lucy
duststorm

League City, TX

#469742 Sep 14, 2014
Senecus wrote:
On another note,
I vote yes for Scotland. I vote yes for all the bonnie lassies and laddies.
I know one who based in the UK, Sheffield to be exact, who will most assuredly never check in here again. His initials were D.C.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min nanoanomaly 865,861
CYD Dendritic Polymers-Wastewater Treatment Mat... 14 min cytanzhi 1
Christianity is fading away... 19 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 10
News GOP hopefuls take on illegal immigration in deb... 39 min Quirky 4
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Burke Devlin 6,563
Why the lottery is SO EVIL 1 hr Ray of Reason 5
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 177,618
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 272,439
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 2,074
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Padtrick Daniels 600,163
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) Sun andy 45
More from around the web