Why I’m no longer a Christian

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469755 Sep 22, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
Why I am no longer a christian.
Part 1.
Ok, to be fair, I was never much of a christian anyway. I often wondered why, I had a lot of whys actually, maybe that was why, my pesky curiosity.
Why didn't prayer work? Not just for me but for anybody.
Why weren't other christians joyful?
Why didn't preachers ever want to answer my questions?
Why did christianity resemble a pyramid scheme?
Why was history ignored in lieu of apologetics?
Why was the bible a singular source and in some instances and churches, only one translation was encouraged?
Why couldn't we discuss the missing books? There are a few you know, I knew this because I'd read much older bibles in my childhood than the ones generally available now. They included Enoch, I knew the full stories about the 'Angels' from the age of 4.
Why were logical questions met with "you just have to trust god", every single fcucking time?
Why was I called a daemon for asking questions? I mean, if this "god" character made me and loved me, one of 'his' precious children, the way I am, why would my natural born curiosity, make me a daemon?
Why are so many children abused at the hands of christianity?
Why are so many women abused and demonised at the hands of christianity?
Why have so many people been murdered at the hands of christianity?
Why do christians lie so much, even to themselves?
I know why, it's because it is bullshite indoctrination. The lot of it.
The christian cult, is not only a brainwashing deceptive cult but it is the biggest, most pervasive and viral brainwashing deceptive cult in the history of mankind. Bloody hell, they even demonise thought and glorify the concept of humans being cattle.
AND THEY MAKE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS DOING IT.
Humans are magnificent and divine. Because of christianity, this fact has been not only forgotten by the masses but practically obliterated.
I've been sucked into many many religions in my multiple lives in one and basically think they're all hokum, blarney and pure bullshite but christianity takes the cake and like the others, much as I tried and really wanted to believe in something higher and nobler than the destruction of humanity, it did not take.
I can talk to my self just fine without believing in invisible fictional characters.
Admittedly, I wasn't much of a christian, I was kind, well read, inquisitive, skeptical, honest and mostly laughing, especially when away from other christians, but why am I no longer a christian?
I don't like being lied to and I am not cattle, additionally, I was never comfortable with the notion of believing fictional characters to be real and honestly, Buffy would be a much better deity.
To be continued…
©©
“People say they love truth, but in reality they want to believe that which they love is true.”
- Robert J Ringer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =TG8hpFw5PuIXX&list=RD51s9 BqmvpOc&index=4
what does any of your rant have do with your reponsibility to the Person of Jesus the Christ?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#469756 Sep 22, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what does any of your rant have do with your reponsibility to the Person of Jesus the Christ?
No more than it has to do with my responsibility to the person of Papa the Smurf.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469757 Sep 22, 2014
Dally Mama wrote:
<quoted text>
No more than it has to do with my responsibility to the person of Papa the Smurf.
unfortunately for you, it's NOT 2014 - the year of papa smurf!;-)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#469758 Sep 22, 2014

Part 2

What I witnessed in my childhood has had an effect on why I am no longer a christian as well. I'd love to be able to honestly say that I was never a christian to begin with but sadly, I cannot.

Not only was I a christian, but I was a christian twice. Once through childhood indoctrination and once as an adult, due to preying on a vulnerable state. That's how they get you, when you're vulnerable.

My mother dallied with a few religious practices in her lifetime but her foundation was christian. She was very devout to the christian 'god', so much so that the only reason she didn't abort me was because her church told her it was a 'sin', even if I was a daemon. I know this because she told me. When I was four years old. Now, due to my not being able to imagine saying such things to a small child, I used to blame my mother for this, as well as other religious based abuses that no amount of praying caused any 'god' to intervene.

But was she really to blame?

Her childhood was pretty nightmarish too, my maternal grandparents fled Germany for Brasil, my grandfather was a devout catholic and a drunk who thought nothing of beating the shit out of his wife and children and even indulged in raping his daughters. Of course he went to church every Sunday. He left my grandmother for a younger woman eventually, which I'd have thought was the best thing that ever happened to her but she descended further into madness and religious fervour.

My mother used to leave me with my grandmother when I was little, to go on holidays with my ever loving christian pedophile step-father and my little brother. I was far too demonic and troublesome to take along. I remember being with my grandmother, as far back as four years of age and she loved me, I loved her, she didn't hit me. She hugged me. I adored her for that. She also made me get up at dawn, put a veil on, and read her many bibles out loud by candlelight. Then pray. Then at night, she would tell me stories of angels and demons. I liked Stephen King better by the time I was six, better written and by then, madness, terror and horror were good friends of mine.

Another thing had occurred by the time I was six, I believed that there was no 'god' and thought that if there was, he hated people, especially women, little girls and me. Praying was useless, for everyone.
©©
To be continued…

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469759 Sep 22, 2014
Dally Mama wrote:
Part 2
What I witnessed in my childhood has had an effect on why I am no longer a christian as well. I'd love to be able to honestly say that I was never a christian to begin with but sadly, I cannot.
Not only was I a christian, but I was a christian twice. Once through childhood indoctrination and once as an adult, due to preying on a vulnerable state. That's how they get you, when you're vulnerable.
My mother dallied with a few religious practices in her lifetime but her foundation was christian. She was very devout to the christian 'god', so much so that the only reason she didn't abort me was because her church told her it was a 'sin', even if I was a daemon. I know this because she told me. When I was four years old. Now, due to my not being able to imagine saying such things to a small child, I used to blame my mother for this, as well as other religious based abuses that no amount of praying caused any 'god' to intervene.
Her childhood was pretty nightmarish too, my maternal grandparents fled Germany for Brasil, my grandfather was a devout catholic and a drunk who thought nothing of beating the shit out of his wife and children and even indulged in raping his daughters. Of course he went to church every Sunday. He left my grandmother for a younger woman eventually, which I'd have thought was the best thing that ever happened to her but she descended further into madness and religious fervour.
My mother used to leave me with my grandmother when I was little, to go on holidays with my ever loving christian pedophile step-father and my little brother. I was far too demonic and troublesome to take along. I remember being with my grandmother, as far back as four years of age and she loved me, I loved her, she didn't hit me. She hugged me. I adored her for that. She also made me get up at dawn, put a veil on, and read her many bibles out loud by candlelight. Then pray. Then at night, she would tell me stories of angels and demons. I liked Stephen King better by the time I was six, better written and by then, madness, terror and horror were good friends of mine.
Another thing had occurred by the time I was six, I believed that there was no 'god' and thought that if there was, he hated people, especially women, little girls and me. Praying was useless, for everyone.
©©
To be continued…
again; WHAT DOES ANY OF YOUR RAGE HAVE TO DO WITH JOHN 3:16???

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#469760 Sep 22, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>again; WHAT DOES ANY OF YOUR RAGE HAVE TO DO WITH JOHN 3:16???
Silly asssssuuup, if I had any rage in me, I'd still be a christian and would not be able to write any of this.

Also, your question makes no sense.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#469761 Sep 22, 2014
Dally Mama wrote:
Part 1.
Ok, to be fair, I was never much of a christian anyway. I often wondered why, I had a lot of whys actually, maybe that was why, my pesky curiosity.
Why didn't preachers ever want to answer my questions?
Why was history ignored in lieu of apologetics?
Why was the bible a singular source and in some instances and churches, only one translation was encouraged?
Why couldn't we discuss the missing books? There are a few you know, I knew this because I'd read much older bibles in my childhood than the ones generally available now. They included Enoch, I knew the full stories about the 'Angels' from the age of 4.
Why were logical questions met with "you just have to trust god", every single fcucking time?
Why was I called a daemon for asking questions? I mean, if this "god" character made me and loved me, one of 'his' precious children, the way I am, why would my natural born curiosity, make me a daemon?
Why are so many women abused and demonised at the hands of christianity?
Why have so many people been murdered at the hands of christianity?
Why do christians lie so much, even to themselves?
I know why, it's because it is bullshite indoctrination. The lot of it.
The christian cult, is not only a brainwashing deceptive cult but it is the biggest, most pervasive and viral brainwashing deceptive cult in the history of mankind. Bloody hell, they even demonise thought and glorify the concept of humans being cattle.
AND THEY MAKE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS DOING IT.
Humans are magnificent and divine. Because of christianity, this fact has been not only forgotten by the masses but practically obliterated.
I've been sucked into many many religions in my multiple lives in one and basically think they're all hokum, blarney and pure bullshite but christianity takes the cake and like the others, much as I tried and really wanted to believe in something higher and nobler than the destruction of humanity, it did not take.
I can talk to my self just fine without believing in invisible fictional characters.
Admittedly, I wasn't much of a christian, I was kind, well read, inquisitive, skeptical, honest and mostly laughing, especially when away from other christians, but why am I no longer a christian?
I don't like being lied to and I am not cattle, additionally, I was never comfortable with the notion of believing fictional characters to be real and honestly, Buffy would be a much better deity.
To be continued…
©©
“People say they love truth, but in reality they want to believe that which they love is true.”
- Robert J Ringer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =TG8hpFw5PuIXX&list=RD51s9 BqmvpOc&index=4
Worth posting a second time - because these questions NEVER seem to get answered by any denomination.

Thanks!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469762 Sep 22, 2014
Dally Mama wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly asssssuuup, if I had any rage in me, I'd still be a christian and would not be able to write any of this.
Also, your question makes no sense.
silly rager - it makes no sense to you cuz you haven't a clue what your rage is all about!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469763 Sep 22, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Worth posting a second time - because these questions NEVER seem to get answered by any denomination.
Thanks!

ahhh.... but these questions constantly get answered but the Solution is continually rejected!

of course you'd like this rage because you're anti-CHRISTian!

why don't YOU try giving us a final solution to all life's questions?:-)

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#469764 Sep 22, 2014
Dally Mama wrote:
Part 1.

Because it's just talking to one's self without knowing it.
Dally Mama wrote:
Some are, some aren't.
[QUOTE who="Dally Mama"
Why didn't preachers ever want to answer my questions?[/QUOTE]
Because they are charlatans.
Dally Mama wrote:
Because both of them are built on frauds.
Dally Mama wrote:
Because Christianity follows the whim of a Italian Emperor who murdered his wife, son, and nephew for power.
Dally Mama wrote:
Because common sense and reason are the enemy of religion. That's what my pastor said.
Dally Mama wrote:
y was I called a daemon for asking questions? I mean, if this "god" character made me and loved me, one of 'his' precious children, the way I am, why would my natural born curiosity, make me a daemon?
God despises knowledge, that is why he ordered Adam and Eve not to eat of the tree.
Dally Mama wrote:

Religion prefers them weak and helpless. Mentally and physically. Children have both qualifications
Dally Mama wrote:
Why are so many women abused and demonised at the hands of Christianity?

Because religion was made by men and for men. Women are immaterial.
Dally Mama wrote:
Why have so many people been murdered at the hands of Christianity?

Because the old testament is filled with God ordering the murders of people for stupid shyt.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#469765 Sep 22, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
again; WHAT DOES ANY OF YOUR RAGE HAVE TO DO WITH JOHN 3:16???
What does your comment have to do with anything. Apart from the fact of you being a sleazy retard?

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#469766 Sep 22, 2014
Dally Mama wrote:
Part 2
©©
To be continued…
Ta Luci. That's shocking, but also very interesting stuff.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469767 Sep 23, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
What does your comment have to do with anything. Apart from the fact of you being a sleazy retard?
how am i a sleazy retard, kait?(lick your dad's....off the bathroom floor)

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#469768 Sep 23, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
how am i a sleazy retard, kait?(lick your dad's....off the bathroom floor)
What was that, Buck?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#469769 Sep 24, 2014
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>Because it's just talking to one's self without knowing it.
Dally Mama wrote, "
Why weren't other christians joyful?"

Some are, some aren't.
[QUOTE who="Dally Mama"
Why didn't preachers ever want to answer my questions?"

Because they are charlatans.
Dally Mama wrote, "
Why did christianity resemble a pyramid scheme?"

Because both of them are built on frauds.

Dally Mama wrote, "
Why couldn't we discuss the missing books? There are a few you know, I knew this because I'd read much older bibles in my childhood than the ones generally available now. They included Enoch, I knew the full stories about the 'Angels' from the age of 4."

Because Christianity follows the whim of a Italian Emperor who murdered his wife, son, and nephew for power.
Dally Mama wrote, "
Why were logical questions met with "you just have to trust god", every single fcucking time?"

Because common sense and reason are the enemy of religion. That's what my pastor said.
Dally Mama wrote, "y was I called a daemon for asking questions? I mean, if this "god" character made me and loved me, one of 'his' precious children, the way I am, why would my natural born curiosity, make me a daemon?"

God despises knowledge, that is why he ordered Adam and Eve not to eat of the tree.
Dally Mama wrote, "
Why are so many children abused at the hands of christianity?"

Religion prefers them weak and helpless. Mentally and physically. Children have both qualifications
Dally Mama wrote, "
Why are so many women abused and demonised at the hands of Christianity?"

Because religion was made by men and for men. Women are immaterial.
Dally Mama wrote, "
Why have so many people been murdered at the hands of Christianity?"

Because the old testament is filled with God ordering the murders of people for stupid shyt.
Excellent answers.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#469770 Sep 24, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>What does your comment have to do with anything. Apart from the fact of you being a sleazy retard?
I approve of this post, g'day Rosa. lol

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#469771 Sep 24, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Ta Luci. That's shocking, but also very interesting stuff.
Thank you.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#469772 Sep 24, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>What was that, Buck?
Really? Ewwww, I responded to him! Gross.

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#469773 Sep 24, 2014
Dally Mama wrote:
<quoted text>
I approve of this post, g'day Rosa. lol
Cheers, matey!

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#469774 Sep 24, 2014
Dally Mama wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Ewwww, I responded to him! Gross.
If that clown Waassoo wants to play games, I can play them too. LOL

I aint Kaitlin, but I take it as a compliment that it thinks so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min It aint necessari... 48,469
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 27 min RiccardoFire 44,679
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min Rosesz 646,525
George Soros Is a Brilliant Investor 51 min andet1987 3
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 58 min andet1987 2,036
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr Neville Thompson 386
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 281,249
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr The Hangman 971,627
More from around the web