Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#469731 Sep 11, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!:-)
ya know....God doesn't hold our individual sins against us (including homosexuality), but He does require that we embrace His Son and the redeeming work that He did for us on the Cross.
the only reason that i chide with the gays on these threads in particular is because THEY require God and the rest of us to embrace their illicit behavior all the while they deny God's Son......
Your god doesn't even treat sins equally.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469732 Sep 11, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god doesn't even treat sins equally.
"the soul that sins shall surely die"

don't sin and you won't die - how fair is that?!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#469733 Sep 11, 2014
Senecus wrote:
On another note,
I know a few from the UK still check in on occasion here, and Mac (Eire)...
So curious , what are the odds, in your mind , Scotland votes to secede ?
They might.

I'm not entirely sure it's a good idea - though as a Mick, I sympathize.

I'll be following with some interest.

The Borderland of Sol

#469734 Sep 11, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's 4 sure! Ethics is not a county in England.
:-)
And denial ain't a river in Egypt. Hehehe.

The Borderland of Sol

#469735 Sep 11, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
"By those that winnow with a winnowing
And those that bear the burden (of the rain)
And those that glide with ease (upon the sea)
And those who distribute (blessings) by command,
Lo! that wherewith ye are threatened is indeed true,
And lo! the judgment will indeed befall.
By the heaven full of paths,
Lo! ye, forsooth, are of various opinion (concerning the truth).
He is made to turn away from it who is (himself) averse."
Quran. Surah 51:1-9
I kinda like Surah 42: "If Allah had so willed, he could have made them a single people; but he admits whom he will to his mercy..."
Sounds like anyone can get in, if He so chooses.
Even atheists and apostates.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#469736 Sep 12, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>They might.
I'm not entirely sure it's a good idea - though as a Mick, I sympathize.
I'll be following with some interest.
Hi Mac, thanks for the response, and hope things going well.

I'm following it with interest, too,'tis part of me heritage (as well as Eire:)
duststorm

League City, TX

#469739 Sep 14, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I kinda like Surah 42: "If Allah had so willed, he could have made them a single people; but he admits whom he will to his mercy..."
Sounds like anyone can get in, if He so chooses.
Even atheists and apostates.
That's the ticket. Rely on the Quran to give you the way to heaven.
duststorm

League City, TX

#469740 Sep 14, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
<quoted text>
What does temperature at Earth's core have to do with it? Are you really naive enough to believe the Christian Hell is actually located inside our planet? Is that actually what you're implying?
There is nothing to say it isn't. Hell is below. Hell is hot. Hell is a continuous fire. Do you have any basis for eliminating the earth's core as the actual site of hell? "Where the smoke of their torment ascendeth forever"."They'll gnaw their tongues for the pain.
duststorm

League City, TX

#469741 Sep 14, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
When do you think this Adam and Eve lived? Ten thousand years ago? Twenty thousand?
The Dna of modern humans goes back over 200,000 thousand years on one mitochrondial line. There are many lines, but only one that goes back that far of women having daughters every generation.
So that is way past when Adam and Eve were here. This is back to the point of us breeding with Neanderthal and we know our ancestors go back to the austropithicine LUCY who is about 2 million years old.
The entire Christian religion is based on the original sin of Adam and Eve. Science has shown that they never existed. There is no original sin, nothing to feel guilty about for being born a human. There may have been a preacher named Jesus, but he definitely was not divine, only made into a hero and a divine inspiration by Paul. Paul created the Christian religion, not Jesus. Paul was a pagan who bought Roman citizenship. Paul created the eucharist. No Jew of any sort would have anything to do with eating human flesh and drinking human blood, which is exactly what that simple ceremony represent. Here is my flesh and my blood. Eat and drink of it. Horrible.
Its hard to imagine what people have been forced to do for their religion cause you cant think any more once you get with the program.
We go back 6500 hundred years to the first man, Adam, and the first woman, Eve.
Any other theory postulated needs thousands and thousands and millions and millions of years.----Lucy
duststorm

League City, TX

#469742 Sep 14, 2014
Senecus wrote:
On another note,
I know a few from the UK still check in on occasion here, and Mac (Eire)...
So curious , what are the odds, in your mind , Scotland votes to secede ?
I vote yes for Scotland. I vote yes for all the bonnie lassies and laddies.
I know one who based in the UK, Sheffield to be exact, who will most assuredly never check in here again. His initials were D.C.
mike

AOL

#469743 Sep 14, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>And denial ain't a river in Egypt. Hehehe.
Funny!

Thanks
mike

AOL

#469745 Sep 14, 2014
Dail-up internet is disappointing!

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#469746 Sep 14, 2014
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
We go back 6500 hundred years to the first man, Adam, and the first woman, Eve.
Any other theory postulated needs thousands and thousands and millions and millions of years.----Lucy
You are dead wrong.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Sunburnt Country

#469747 Sep 14, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>And denial ain't a river in Egypt. Hehehe.
LOL

“True Blue”

Sunburnt Country

#469748 Sep 14, 2014
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>That's the ticket. Rely on the Quran to give you the way to heaven.
Allah Akbar!

“True Blue”

Sunburnt Country

#469749 Sep 14, 2014
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>I vote yes for Scotland. I vote yes for all the bonnie lassies and laddies.
I know one who based in the UK, Sheffield to be exact, who will most assuredly never check in here again. His initials were D.C.
Still dancing on poor old Dearth of Couth's grave I see, funny-mentalist.

The Borderland of Sol

#469750 Sep 16, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah Akbar!
Hey, it's as good a "source" as any, right?

“True Blue”

Sunburnt Country

#469751 Sep 17, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, it's as good a "source" as any, right?
:-)

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#469753 Sep 20, 2014
Why I am no longer a christian.

Part 1.

Ok, to be fair, I was never much of a christian anyway. I often wondered why, I had a lot of whys actually, maybe that was why, my pesky curiosity.

Why didn't prayer work? Not just for me but for anybody.

Why weren't other christians joyful?

Why didn't preachers ever want to answer my questions?

Why did christianity resemble a pyramid scheme?

Why was history ignored in lieu of apologetics?

Why was the bible a singular source and in some instances and churches, only one translation was encouraged?

Why couldn't we discuss the missing books? There are a few you know, I knew this because I'd read much older bibles in my childhood than the ones generally available now. They included Enoch, I knew the full stories about the 'Angels' from the age of 4.

Why were logical questions met with "you just have to trust god", every single fcucking time?

Why was I called a daemon for asking questions? I mean, if this "god" character made me and loved me, one of 'his' precious children, the way I am, why would my natural born curiosity, make me a daemon?

Why are so many children abused at the hands of christianity?

Why are so many women abused and demonised at the hands of christianity?

Why have so many people been murdered at the hands of christianity?

Why do christians lie so much, even to themselves?

I know why, it's because it is bullshite indoctrination. The lot of it.

The christian cult, is not only a brainwashing deceptive cult but it is the biggest, most pervasive and viral brainwashing deceptive cult in the history of mankind. Bloody hell, they even demonise thought and glorify the concept of humans being cattle.

AND THEY MAKE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS DOING IT.

Humans are magnificent and divine. Because of christianity, this fact has been not only forgotten by the masses but practically obliterated.

I've been sucked into many many religions in my multiple lives in one and basically think they're all hokum, blarney and pure bullshite but christianity takes the cake and like the others, much as I tried and really wanted to believe in something higher and nobler than the destruction of humanity, it did not take.

I can talk to my self just fine without believing in invisible fictional characters.

Admittedly, I wasn't much of a christian, I was kind, well read, inquisitive, skeptical, honest and mostly laughing, especially when away from other christians, but why am I no longer a christian?

I don't like being lied to and I am not cattle, additionally, I was never comfortable with the notion of believing fictional characters to be real and honestly, Buffy would be a much better deity.

To be continued…
©©

“People say they love truth, but in reality they want to believe that which they love is true.”

- Robert J Ringer

&li st=RD51s9BqmvpOc&index=4
Disgusted

Canton, OH

#469754 Sep 21, 2014
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>There is nothing to say it isn't. Hell is below. Hell is hot. Hell is a continuous fire. Do you have any basis for eliminating the earth's core as the actual site of hell?
Well, for one thing, the earth's core won't stay hot forever. For that matter, neither will any star in the universe. Eventually, the entire universe will be a balmy absolute zero. So if there is a hell, it would have to exist outside the universe, in some magical other plane of existence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min confrinting with ... 650,179
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min Buck Crick 56,128
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr Aussie Kev 2,322
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 5 hr akon mason 70
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Peace_Warrior 618,575
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 6 hr Johnny 4,848
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 6 hr Johnny 507
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 hr Steve III 44,955
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr another viewer 971,759
More from around the web