Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#470326 Jan 1, 2015
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Out here nothing changes...not in a hurry anyway.
True.

http://i.imgur.com/x9eoCZk.png
foothillbilly

Mount Vernon, OH

#470327 Jan 1, 2015
Bill Scudder wrote:
<quoted text>
All these atrocities committed by so-called Christians in reality they were only Christian in name only. They were not true Christians. Apparently you know not what a True Christian is..
Let us attempt reasonableness here. Pretty much all Christians claim to be "true" Christians and quite a number claim to the "the only true Christians." How are outsiders supposed to sort all of that out and why would we bother?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#470328 Jan 1, 2015
Bill Scudder wrote:
<quoted text>
All these atrocities committed by so-called Christians in reality they were only Christian in name only. They were not true Christians. Apparently you know not what a True Christian is..
a follower of the evil chrisitian philosophy

You do not get to say what the beliefs of another are

each person definens thier own philosophy.

people who call themselves christian are usually liars, racists, tribalists, and other wise persons of poor character

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#470330 Jan 2, 2015
Lumajuice wrote:
<quoted text>
True.
http://i.imgur.com/x9eoCZk.png
Oh yes, it was spectacular.
YTubeNews

Marietta, GA

#470331 Jan 2, 2015

_ISRAEL set to REMOVE DOME, Build 3rd TEMPLE

http://youtu.be/1B5_Bv2s87M

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

Central Point, OR

#470333 Jan 2, 2015
Marlowe Super Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.
thanks for proving to the thread what a lying piece of shit you are.
GnA

Australia

#470334 Jan 3, 2015
Since you never felt Grace. The Lord has given you a Choice Just like the Story of the Prodical Son. His Love for you will never die even though your Love for Jesus has grown cold. Im here because i am a Sinner and if The Lord embraced me after i wanted to walk away i know he will embrace his child when he decides to return to the Father. This is Grace and The Lord will show you that even if you forget him until your very last breath and decide to acknowledge your mistakes and turn to him and ask for forgiveness you will be forgiven.

You may ask how is that Possible. Easy the Forgiveness of the Thief on the Cross. This man did not attend church or was a part of a Leadership he was a Prisoner yet in his last hour he Knew Jesus Christ was Innocent. Thats Grace, thats Love and thats what you need to know that when your time of trouble is here you can call on Jesus Christ and he will Hear you.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#470335 Jan 3, 2015
I'd rather call Thor.

http://i.imgur.com/Bp8mWTM.png
GnA

Australia

#470336 Jan 3, 2015
Lumajuice wrote:
I'd rather call Thor.
http://i.imgur.com/Bp8mWTM.png
Call on thor if you want. No judgement in that Just as the Lord gives me choices he also gives you a choice.
Shivar

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#470337 Jan 3, 2015
Bill Scudder wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha.

For every Christian who sincerely believes they are a "True Christian" (and all Christians believe they are "True Christians"), there is another "True Christian" pointing their finger at them saying "that person is not a "True Christian" because __________".

I have seen so many arguments between self-proclaimed "True Christians" telling each other they're not really Christians for the simplest and dumbest of reasons, such as not agreeing on a minute doctrinal point. Doesn't matter if they're "born-again", non-denominational, or belong to any given denomination, or whatever. All I see is Christians finger-pointing and condemning another because someone doesn't believe in exactly 100% the same way as they do. Because every Christian thinks they know exactly what a "True Christian" is, and of course what a "True Christian" is supposed to be miraculously just happens to be how they themselves believe.

Let me make it simple for you guys. A Christian is someone who is a member of the religion known as Christianity. That's it. Because when you start pointing your fingers and pronouncing someone "not really a Christian" because they do or say something you don't like, that opens the door to everyone else pointing their fingers at you and saying YOU'RE not a "True Christian".

Let's face it. Either all self-proclaimed Christians are "True Christians", or none of them are. Can't have it both ways. Because all you guys think you are following the faith to the best of your ability - even the ones who commit atrocities in the name of said faith.
Dolphin

Billingshurst, UK

#470338 Jan 4, 2015
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll agree that we are to become new - a new creation as we allow Jesus (Yahshua) to enlighten our pathway of life, but it is we who have to want to change - to repent to do as He called "the will of God." Jesus taught and exampled proper interpretation and application of the gracious instruction on God. Jesus upheld the Torah to the least commandment, and taught that His disciples are to do likewise. God never said right is wrong, or wrong is right - nor did any prophet or apostle of God or the Christ, who is our Savior. Jesus plainly taught it is we who have to repent and start growing in obedience to God that is caused because of our belief and faith that He is who He said He is, and that His teachings are the Doctrine of God.
Those of God come to Him to know that what they do is done of God. Jesus never said we are saved by grace, through faith, and not of works that any man would boast. The only person in Scripture that boasted about what they did is Paul. And strangely, it is Paul who said salvation is of grace and not of works, which absolutely contradicts the words of God and the Christ.
Rome put Paul into the New Testament about 300 years after the fact. The Church of God at Jerusalem rejected Paul - did you know that? In fact, the original heresy was to take what Paul said above what Jesus plainly taught the truth of God to be. Look up some historical accounts of Marcion. Marcion is who gave us Paul's writings. God gave instruction in Deut. 4, 12, 13 and 18 for all history - the criteria He commands us to use to know who speaks for Him and who does not. Jesus passed the exams, as did the original disciples. However, Paul and all his disciples didn't.
So are we to be judged by the words of Jesus Christ, as He plainly taught?
or
Will all men be judged by the gospel Paul preached?
What did Jesus say? What did Paul say?
Who should we believe if our love is first and foremost for God - the greatest commandment?
jesuswordsonly.com
onediscipletoanother.org
What has this to do with Why I am no longer a Christian? People are abusing this thread to force superstitious Xtian beliefs on others.
Dolphin

Billingshurst, UK

#470339 Jan 4, 2015
GnA wrote:
Since you never felt Grace. The Lord has given you a Choice Just like the Story of the Prodical Son. His Love for you will never die even though your Love for Jesus has grown cold. Im here because i am a Sinner and if The Lord embraced me after i wanted to walk away i know he will embrace his child when he decides to return to the Father. This is Grace and The Lord will show you that even if you forget him until your very last breath and decide to acknowledge your mistakes and turn to him and ask for forgiveness you will be forgiven.
You may ask how is that Possible. Easy the Forgiveness of the Thief on the Cross. This man did not attend church or was a part of a Leadership he was a Prisoner yet in his last hour he Knew Jesus Christ was Innocent. Thats Grace, thats Love and thats what you need to know that when your time of trouble is here you can call on Jesus Christ and he will Hear you.
Where is the difference between alternative faiths like Hinduism and Islam they are all capable to write similar things. As Xtianity as they are no truly followers of Jesus, because they fail to believe in One indivisible Godhead, oppose Jesus's instructions that his message was only for the Israelites not gentiles like Canaanites and Greeks, If Jesus were the true Messiah he has to minister to all the Lost Tribes of Israel. Xtianity is a mishmash of pagan beliefs in the main. Latterly, reformed by pretending made up Church Traditions are part of the faith. eg., Original Sin and Confession. Then set is stone by Constantine the Great who only converted on his deathbed. Making himself a reincarnation of Jesus on Earth.

In truth the deity may not be personified as a human as with animist but the bower of a system we call Nature. If that is so we are already immortal as soon as we come into being. Why like pagans Xtians are obsessed with thinking of the universe's creative force as personified through objects or in human form is superstitious in substance.
Marlowe Invisidog

Charlotte, NC

#470340 Jan 4, 2015
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for proving to the thread what a lying piece of shit you are.
Chill out, chubby, and chow down on a ham hock!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#470341 Jan 5, 2015
GnA wrote:
so

according to you --- a person could behave as badly as a christian and as long as they asked forgiveness on their death bed all would be good.

nice philosophy ---NOT

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#470342 Jan 5, 2015
Lumajuice wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't celebrate it myself but same to you if you do.
http://i.imgur.com/OjNbIMN.jpg
let's put it this way; you won't ADMIT that you celebrate it, but that doesn't mean you don't! you'd hafta pretty much leave the western hemisphere to not celebrate it in sum fasion and even in the other hemispheres God is gonna getcha there too!;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#470343 Jan 5, 2015
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Still coming here and cheating on your wife?
hi beavis!

i believe it's YOU who cheats & sneaks on steph when you post on topix cuz she tells you not to.

my relationships aren't like that; we don't tell each other what we can and cannot do; we don't try to dominate each other like witches do;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#470344 Jan 5, 2015
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
How old are you? Six? Do you have anything intelligent to say? If you don't, then don't waste my time. Go play your video games and leave the serious discussion to the adults.
blah blah blah...pseudo intelligent nonsense....blah blah.... antichrist rage....blah blah....

why don't YOU come to me when you can actually debate rather than just hate?;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#470345 Jan 5, 2015
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
That’s interesting. I don’t believe in “romanism” either. Did you pull that information from the same smelly hole in which your head has been stuck your entire life?
"When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
Stephen F Roberts is such a disfunctional flaming gaytard that he only leaves the san francisco cabaret scene to take a sauna at the local YMCA!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#470346 Jan 5, 2015
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get this bullsh!t from? Don’t you even read your own bible? According to Acts, when you receive the Holy Ghost you will receive power to witness (Acts 1:8) and be of one accord (Acts 1:14). What kind of a joker god would send you out as a witness and give you all conflicting testimony? What happened to your “Holy Ghost”, your Comforter who was to teach you all things (John 14:26)?
You are a bigger joke than your god! He’s a joke because he’s a phony and you are a joke because you believe in him.
Faith means not wanting to know what is true.
— Friedrich Nietzsche
your friend friedrich nietzsche died sucking his thumb babbling like a baby while curled up in a fetal position. coincidence?!

i'm doing a study on the end of all such people so if you could have a friend or relative let us know how you go out, i would greatly appreciate it!:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#470347 Jan 5, 2015
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe in Santa Clause as well. Let’s review. You believe in The Grinch, Santa Claus, Jesus, and God. Are there anymore imaginary characters we should know about, maybe the Easter Bunny? Your worship of these delusions is truly disturbing and you should seek psychiatric help along with your fellow Christians.
let's cut to the chase. here's what i DON'T believe - that we randomly evolved by chance over 13 billion years from sum primortial slime that somehow came to life by being hit by a lightining bolt that by chance also came out of nowhere - THAT'S WHAT I AIN'T BUYING!!!;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Feb 24 Trump Talks To Judge Jeanine 4 min Funny n not funny 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 28 min Rosesz 695,810
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Cat 60,558
Where Does It Say In The Bible...? 2 hr River Tam2 3
I just caught my mom masturbating 2 hr Mama01 1
News Trump: Dem Memo a 'Bust,' Confirms Actions That... 4 hr davy 7
Dem Libtard Keeps Screaming 4 hr Yes we can 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr River Tam2 993,861
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Feb 19 Pimpy 23
More from around the web