Why I’m no longer a Christian

“What the Bleep? ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#470295 Dec 26, 2014
Lumajuice wrote:
A lot was also happening offline, simultaneously, not sure that some of you will ever know what a comfort you were to me back then. I got a little of my much missed fearlessness back and outright rejected my ex husband who tried to put the moves on me since I was well and had lost the weight I’d gained in pregnancy and illness [it was one of the things he used to verbally abuse me about and yes, I allowed it] then I outright rejected christianity, which led to my children being kidnapped [I had legal custody and yes I still do] by their christian family. When that didn’t work out for them, they tried to have me commited but I was quite healthy by then, mentally and emotionally if not physically, so that failed as well.
I had enough. I stood the fuck up and I left them. I took my children and what I could fit in a SUV, leaving everything else behind and I simply just fucking left. With only a couple of hundred dollars to my name.
Since then I’ve rebuilt our lives, on my own. It was scary and it was hard, my mom had died, I had rejected “god” as well as “his people” and I felt all alone in the world. Yet as I discovered on my “journey”, it was one of the very best decisions I had ever made.
Now, everything is better and exactly as I wanted. Of my own design and creation.
Although I know I did this myself, I know that the only one that could save me was me, I am still grateful for the support, the knowledge and the reminders that I received right here. Y’all know who you are and I thank you for being a part of my life.
So why am I no longer a christian? This is a question that I’ve tried to answer in many different ways and none of them quite fit but now I know.
I was never a christian to begin with. I was always an Atheist.
And there’s not a damn thing wrong with that, most of the ones who stood by me regardless of my shenanigans, beliefs and confusion; are Atheists. Nobody needs religion or imaginary beings to have a loving heart. I know I had one either way and I know that I always will. That does not mean I have to allow others to hurt me or that I have to sacrifice myself.
Flights of fancy, rainbows, pixies and buttercups are fun and all but at the end of the day, reality is infinitely better. In all its ups and downs.
“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
— Aristotle
*Luciana*
Merry Mythmas!!
:p
I really enjoyed your story. I would like permission to share it with my students. You represent the millions that have come out of the delusion of organized religion and the bible and I’m glad for you. My story was a bit different, but the end result was the same; I am no longer a Christian.

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#470296 Dec 26, 2014
Lumajuice wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't celebrate it myself but same to you if you do.
http://i.imgur.com/OjNbIMN.jpg
By the way, please forgive waaasssuuup, for he knows not what he does. He’s just another insensitive Christian prick that consistently proves the hypocrisy of his cult.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
— Edward Gibbon

“Lord God Almighty-”

Since: Aug 11

True&Righteous thy judgments.

#470297 Dec 26, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Still coming here and cheating on your wife?
His penis has been condemned to shrivel here, and here after.

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#470298 Dec 26, 2014
Lord Righteous Judge wrote:
<quoted text>
He has a penis? I thought he was all balls. Forgive me, Father.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#470299 Dec 26, 2014
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>I really enjoyed your story. I would like permission to share it with my students. You represent the millions that have come out of the delusion of organized religion and the bible and I’m glad for you. My story was a bit different, but the end result was the same; I am no longer a Christian.
Thank you and of course you have my permission, that's what it's there for and the stories of others helped me.

Yeah, I remember you.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#470300 Dec 26, 2014
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>By the way, please forgive waaasssuuup, for he knows not what he does. He’s just another insensitive Christian prick that consistently proves the hypocrisy of his cult.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
— Edward Gibbon
Nice.

He's just a creepy stalker christian, it's all good.
cala mari

Sarasota, FL

#470301 Dec 28, 2014
Happy New Year
Marlowe

Charlotte, NC

#470302 Dec 28, 2014
<quoted text>
Still coming here and cheating on your wife?
Still sticking with the Thanksgiving bullet proof super dog story, Mere?
Bwahahaha!
Marlowe Super Dog

Charlotte, NC

#470303 Dec 28, 2014
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
How old are you? Six? Do you have anything intelligent to say? If you don't, then don't waste my time. Go play your video games and leave the serious discussion to the adults.
Hey, Mr. Banks! How dat babe!

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#470305 Dec 28, 2014
Marlowe wrote:
<quoted text>
Still sticking with the Thanksgiving bullet proof super dog story?
What can I say? The truth is easier to remember.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#470306 Dec 28, 2014
Lord Righteous Judge wrote:
<quoted text>
Who, wasssie? Like all the other fundies here, he's all talk and no cock.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#470307 Dec 29, 2014
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Where is Barnsweb, OH?
Louisville, Ohio. It's just east of Canton - and the Football Hall of Fame... the capitol of the worshiping the stars of sports and rock-and-roll. Since most here are Catholic, it must by a symptom of loosing faith in their Church doctrines - both Catholic and Protestants have shown themselves to be disciples of Paul - not the Christ.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#470308 Dec 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what's the matter. Ms. Grinch - is it that your shoes are too tight or that your heart is 2 sizes too small?:-)
One of my old favorites is the 'parable' of the cave dwellers. One freed himself, saw the real light outside their darkened existence, went back to free them, and they all turned back to darkness because they couldn't stand the light!

This is exactly what Jesus said about those who cannot come to his light - the loved the darkness more than the light because their lives were based in darkness (rejecting the instructions from God)
Marlowe Super Dog

Charlotte, NC

#470309 Dec 29, 2014
<quoted text>
What can I say? I'm a liar!
Well said.
foothillbilly

Mount Vernon, OH

#470310 Dec 29, 2014
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
How old are you? Six? Do you have anything intelligent to say? If you don't, then don't waste my time. Go play your video games and leave the serious discussion to the adults.
Where is this serious discussion you refer to?

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#470311 Dec 29, 2014
Lumajuice wrote:
<quoted text>
Creepy stalker christian.
creepy stalker..........you got that right..........christian.....d epends on how one defines that word.

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#470313 Dec 29, 2014
foothillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is this serious discussion you refer to?
This forum is called "Why I Am No Longer a Christian" which is the topic of discussion. Since you are still a Christian, I don't see how it applies to you and your Christian friends. You must be really desperate coming here trying to evangelize atheists and agnostics. Who are you trying to convince, us or yourselves? Unless you are here to examine the evidence presented by those who have seen the light, you are certainly wasting your time. Exposing religion for the fraud it is certainly warrants a serious discussion.

"History I believe furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose. "
— Thomas Jefferson to Baron von Humboldt, 1813
Fat Mere

Summerville, SC

#470315 Dec 30, 2014
I'm hungry.
Thunder thighs Mere

Summerville, SC

#470316 Dec 30, 2014
Gettin' my grub on!
how g

Lake Charles, LA

#470317 Dec 30, 2014
LET NO MAN DECEIVE YOU SAID THE LORD JESUS FOR MANY WILL COME IN MY NAME AND DECEIVE MANY ??? There will be many in the last days WHO deceive many into false religions and work based salvation ??if you think you can ADD 1% of your good works and not trust in the finished work of th e cross you are greatly deceived by the powers of DARKNESS ??CHRIST did it ALL 100,% does not need you adding any works ?? ROMANS 11:6

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 29 min old_moose 30,572
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 35 min truth 687,142
News Costa Mesa man, 50, sentenced to 25 years to li... 1 hr Voice of Reason 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Aerobatty 987,071
Any horny girls with snapchat looking for fun (Oct '16) 9 hr skurrrrallla 14
Girl snapchat names (Feb '15) 9 hr meetsnapgirls 3
Looking for girls to snapchat 9 hr meetsnapgirls 4
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 hr Seentheotherside 619,787
More from around the web