Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#470070 Nov 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
go for it! since these things have to do with our eternal life, you'd be a fool not to!:-)
Well that's just it.

Let's assume that there is some sort of extra dimension to our existence.

Is accessing this dimension really dependent on believing one of the following: Mohammed is the one true prophet, or that Brahma is the creator, or that Jesus was born from a virgin, etc, etc?

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#470071 Nov 22, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're thinking and talking as if God didn't already come and reveal Himself in the Person of Jesus Christ, pour out His Holy Spirit on Pentecost over 2,000 years ago
He didn't.
waaasssuuup wrote:
and as if we don't have access to His Words - the Holy Bible!
AGAIN - that's your choice, not mine!:-)
You contradict yourself. Do you want to worship the God of the Bible, or the false god Jesus? Can't do both.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#470072 Nov 22, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
gee thanks, w_n/kait/rosa - it's always a pleasure!:-)
No worries, Buck/Porter.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#470075 Nov 24, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's just it.
Let's assume that there is some sort of extra dimension to our existence.
Is accessing this dimension really dependent on believing one of the following: Mohammed is the one true prophet, or that Brahma is the creator, or that Jesus was born from a virgin, etc, etc?
this is a valid question and worth your effort to find out!

i'm confident about the conclusion i came to and hope you can be too some day:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#470076 Nov 24, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't.
<quoted text>
You contradict yourself. Do you want to worship the God of the Bible, or the false god Jesus? Can't do both.
wtf is it to you what i believe?:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#470077 Nov 24, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries, Buck/Porter.
s'all good hon. how's mack/steph?;-)

#470078 Nov 24, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
wtf is it to you what i believe?:-)
In and of itself, nothing. You can worship a pile of small rocks for all I care. However, the cognitive dissonance caused when xians try and force their believes onto the words of the Bible have far reaching consequences. Just one example is the insistence of some xians that valid science should be ignored or lied about in science classrooms so that they myths could be included.

As long as there are xians like that, I will work to bring them to the truth, so the world can be a better place.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#470079 Nov 25, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
In and of itself, nothing. You can worship a pile of small rocks for all I care. However, the cognitive dissonance caused when xians try and force their believes onto the words of the Bible have far reaching consequences. Just one example is the insistence of some xians that valid science should be ignored or lied about in science classrooms so that they myths could be included.
As long as there are xians like that, I will work to bring them to the truth, so the world can be a better place.
at an objective glance, it seems that it's YOU who's hating and trying to force your pile of rocks/shit on me!

get lost - i reject your god of hate;-)

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Maryland

#470080 Nov 27, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
at an objective glance, it seems that it's YOU who's hating and trying to force your pile of rocks/shit on me!
When you disagree with someone and try to influence them with your beliefs you call it an act of love.
When someone disagrees with you and they try to influence you with their beliefs you call it an act of hate.
You are not being objective.
The objective evidence for christian beliefs is no stronger or weaker than the objective evidence for any other religion's beliefs.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#470081 Nov 27, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
If this had been even remotely coherent, your opinion might have been a little more credible.
Hmm. Ok, lemme look at it again.

Uh......naaaaah

;)

#470082 Nov 27, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
No, an actual OBJECTIVE glance would show that what I am doing is pointing out the errors of your ways so as to improve the quality of life for future generations of Americans.
truthseeker7

Tulsa, OK

#470083 Nov 29, 2014
DearthOfCouth wrote:
Why I’m no longer a Christian, Part Four
Finally, struggling with my private predicament in that pew during prayer service, I knew what it was that I had to do. I came to the realization that there was only one possible course of action that seemed to offer me any degree of self-respect, and there was no other course to take, so at long last I took it. I stood and walked out.
I have read all your posts here and I understand, even though most Christians probably do not. Here is the experience in my life that helps me u/stand your position: I became a practicing Catholic many years ago after living a very lost, chaotic (etc) life... The Catholic Church is what made me a true Christian... although I have always thought of myself as Christian... Well, there are probably as many definitions of the word as there are Christians... or "Christians"

In any case, after yrs of being exposed to the Real Presence of Jesus Christ (found only in HIS Church, the Catholic Church), well... that is how I can understand where you are at. You are right not to feel the presence of Jesus... b/c He is not tangibly there, in the protestant "churches" as he is in the Catholic. Yes, where 2 or more are gathered, there He is in their midst... but Jesus is so "other" that you and me together (without his tangible Presence aforementioned) do not equal Him...

I suggest you spend time in Jesus's Real Presence, again found ONLY in HIs Church, the Catholic Church

without the Church, no one can get to Heaven ("without Me you can do nothing"... "No one comes to the Father except through Me)

+
truthseeker7

Tulsa, OK

#470084 Nov 29, 2014
sorry, I meant to say "you and I together" (not you and me)... improper grammar alert!

“SPEBSQSA”

Maryland

#470085 Nov 30, 2014
truthseeker7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read all your posts here and I understand, even though most Christians probably do not. Here is the experience in my life that helps me u/stand your position: I became a practicing Catholic many years ago after living a very lost, chaotic (etc) life... The Catholic Church is what made me a true Christian... although I have always thought of myself as Christian... Well, there are probably as many definitions of the word as there are Christians... or "Christians"
In any case, after yrs of being exposed to the Real Presence of Jesus Christ (found only in HIS Church, the Catholic Church), well... that is how I can understand where you are at. You are right not to feel the presence of Jesus... b/c He is not tangibly there, in the protestant "churches" as he is in the Catholic. Yes, where 2 or more are gathered, there He is in their midst... but Jesus is so "other" that you and me together (without his tangible Presence aforementioned) do not equal Him...
I suggest you spend time in Jesus's Real Presence, again found ONLY in HIs Church, the Catholic Church
without the Church, no one can get to Heaven ("without Me you can do nothing"... "No one comes to the Father except through Me)
+
You contradict yourself by claiming your jesus is only present in your catholic church and yet also claim that where 2 or more are gathered, he is in their midst.
So which is it?
As the christian religion continues to divide itself from within by each faction claiming they are the only true christians, the validity of it's message weakens.

“SPEBSQSA”

Maryland

#470086 Nov 30, 2014
truthseeker7 wrote:
sorry, I meant to say "you and I together" (not you and me)... improper grammar alert!
Improper grammar is not what stood out in your post.
Improper teachings of religion would be of far greater concern.
mike

AOL

#470087 Nov 30, 2014
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
When you disagree with someone and try to influence them with your beliefs you call it an act of love.
When someone disagrees with you and they try to influence you with their beliefs you call it an act of hate.
The objective evidence for christian beliefs is no stronger or weaker than the objective evidence for any other religion's beliefs.
Superb !!!
truthseeker7

Tulsa, OK

#470088 Nov 30, 2014
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
You contradict yourself by claiming your jesus is only present in your catholic church and yet also claim that where 2 or more are gathered, he is in their midst.
So which is it?
As the christian religion continues to divide itself from within by each faction claiming they are the only true christians, the validity of it's message weakens.
u can thank Luther for all the confusion and the over 55,000 "churches" we now have... but God is not the author of confusion and disorder and contradictions... which is why I say again there is ony ONE Church Christ founded, the Roman Catholic Church.. If you read Church history you will see this cleaerly (assuming the books u read aren't written by Jack Chick clones...)

I do not contradict myself. Jesus is there with people whne they invoke his name. But he is only there in a certain, imperfect way... In the Real Presence in the Church, it is tangible, FELT Presence and He interacts with you concerning your issues, concerns, etc...

It's like this: a person can spend time with a stranger and get to know that person somewhat...

but until they live together and share their deepest thoughts.. etc... they don't REALLY know one another...

++

“SPEBSQSA”

Maryland

#470089 Nov 30, 2014
truthseeker7 wrote:
<quoted text>
u can thank Luther for all the confusion and the over 55,000 "churches" we now have... but God is not the author of confusion and disorder and contradictions... which is why I say again there is ony ONE Church Christ founded, the Roman Catholic Church.. If you read Church history you will see this cleaerly (assuming the books u read aren't written by Jack Chick clones...)
I do not contradict myself. Jesus is there with people whne they invoke his name. But he is only there in a certain, imperfect way... In the Real Presence in the Church, it is tangible, FELT Presence and He interacts with you concerning your issues, concerns, etc...
It's like this: a person can spend time with a stranger and get to know that person somewhat...
but until they live together and share their deepest thoughts.. etc... they don't REALLY know one another...
++
One only needs to look back to Constantine to understand "church" history. His purpose was to unite his empire and collect taxes and gain wealth. It worked and the rcc maintains that wealth even today.
Your bible was written and assembled by humans, not a god being. If you claim they were influenced by your god being then it is flawed. No god being would allow something to be so sloppily written so as to leave it open to thousands of people, all claiming to have a specific and unique intepretation, that each claim they have the true religion based on that book.

Which brings us full circle once again. You take the words from the bible "where 2 or more are gathered, there He is in their midst" and spin it according to your specific form of christianity. This is a perfect example of the cause of the multitude of splits in the christian religion. Blame someone named luther if you wish, but you even more so devalidate your stance.

In regards to your comment "It's like this: a person can spend time with a stranger and get to know that person somewhat...but until they live together and share their deepest thoughts.. etc... they don't REALLY know one another..."
--- I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about here with regards to the subject at hand. I think I know what you are implying and I must say the analogy is horrible but I'll let you dig your own hole a little deeper as you try to convince me that your relationship with a religious artifact is somehow any different than any other christian from any other christian sect.
The only thing you can continue to do is give additional credence to the argument that you yourself are contributing to the continued separation and tearing apart of the christian religion which continues to make your religion weaker and less relevant.

“SPEBSQSA”

Maryland

#470090 Nov 30, 2014
mike wrote:
<quoted text> Superb !!!
Thanks Mike :)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#470091 Dec 1, 2014
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for butting into others peoples conversation with your very subjective and biased response, but i'm not trying to influence liam about anything. he's being a hater of the satanic order and i'm just setting him straight about it- no love involved;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min RiversideRedneck 64,632
Jessica Fellers in Clinton TN 5 min Newport30 1
Mencari teman seks wanita yang gersang (Sep '15) 19 min Hyunkle 21
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 20 min MUQ2 45,288
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 26 min MUQ2 504
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,601
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Steve III 654,424
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Dr Banonator 106,610
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr MUQ2 281,954
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr Gabriel 973,952
More from around the web