Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Jul 08

Akron, OH

#470046 Nov 8, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Waassy's god is a misogynist prick, just like him.
Gods usually immolate their worshipers.

It's kind of what it's all about.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#470048 Nov 8, 2014
Sid Hawkes wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite an interesting conversation here. As such, definitions must be mutually agreed upon. For example, when I see the word religion, I think of its meaning in the bible (which, by the way, is an acronym: basic instruction before leaving earth). However, I am not quite sure how you guys define it. I do think once the basic parameters (words) are defined and agreed upon, we are on the same page.
Religion comes from a root word meaning "to bind, fasten, tie" with the prefix of re- "again" or "back".

Bible comes from "byblion" a papyrus strip or roll.
Sid Hawkes

Rochester, NY

#470049 Nov 9, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're on the same page with Can'tGetItUp?
That's not a good sign.
Does not correlate. It is obvious you have a smooth brain.

Since: Jul 11

Rochester, NY

#470050 Nov 9, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're on the same page with Can'tGetItUp?
That's not a good sign.
Who is that?

Since: Jul 11

Rochester, NY

#470051 Nov 9, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion comes from a root word meaning "to bind, fasten, tie" with the prefix of re- "again" or "back".
Bible comes from "byblion" a papyrus strip or roll.
Thanks Liam.
Noreligion2

United States

#470052 Nov 13, 2014
gimpyolman wrote:
<quoted text>
You see now that is wrong. In fact the Bible has been found to extremely accurate even as a historical document and Christ and His miracles have found to be documented well outside of the Bible.
Rome took a great interest in him and it has been proven the Gospels would stand up as evidence in a court of law 2,000 years later as a validated affidavit of ancient events.
The crucifixion itself was scoffed at by non-believers who claimed no one was crucified as described until they found the human remains still containing a nailed used exactly as described.
Sodom and Gomorrah were said to not be places until found -- actually the cities they now call Sodom and Gomorrah aren't the actual cities but were built after the destruction of the two -- as the Bible said after its destruction the eastern 3rd of the Dead Sea was poured over them to conceal them from all man kind and YES, THE ARCHEOLOGIST KNOWS THERE ARE TWO CITIES where the scriptures say they should be (in the plains and not on a hill) beneath the sticky salt in the far eastern 1/3 of the Dead Sea... but because of the soupy salt brine they can't excavate and they remain concealed, but artifacts showing the cities are there are brought up via dredging machines during salt extraction ..
Anyhow, I FIND IT ODD... VERY ODD that C14 dating only can be done only on objects that are no older than 5,600 years old...
Science claims because it is the half life of C-14 and it peters out... REALLY?... if only half of the C-14 is gone why can't they test the remaining half? Could it be because the Bible says life only goes back about 6,000 years and there isn't anything organic beyond that? It's a rather odd coincidence ...
Now you will claim the world is billions of years old..
Perhaps, but now here comes your same TEST... Which can't pass the test you assert on religion either... PROVE IT ...
It can't be done ... because it is BASED ONLY ON THE THEORY OF STRATIFICATION ... and a theory is not in itself fact ... and stratification is highly flawed ... lol...
Next PROVE EVOLUTION ... it too is a theory ... with no fossil record to support it ... PERIOD!
Mathematically speaking evolution is not possible for one organism to survive the hundreds of thousands mutations needed to become something else as mutations almost always kills the host.
According to Occam's razor (a method used by everyone from detectives, to doctors attempting to diagnosis an illness to scientist attempting to find a solution) the simplest answer is often the correct answer or truth...
God is the simplest answer.
Awesomely ignorant screed! Congratulations.
foothillbilly

Mount Vernon, OH

#470053 Nov 14, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair, I would need to study as many religions as I can before picking the one which I feel is best suited to me.
Been there, did that. I came through the process as clergy, but not even Abrahamic, much less Christian.

“love you”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#470054 Nov 18, 2014
Viking wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, THERE IS NOTHING CONTRADICTORY IN THE BIBLE !!!!!
!!!NOTHING!!!!!NOTHING!!!!ABSO LUTELY NOTHING!!!!!It's only contradictory for lobotomized Monkeys who have the I.Q. of an Ox and take biblical scripture totally out of context. atheist chimps like YOU Kaitlin, who are just too grotesquely stupid to understand scripture. I will now supply you with an example, you walking talking mass of stagnant camel shit. THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD....JUST ONE. No where, No where, and I mean NO WHERE in the Bible is there a plurality of Gods....NO WHERE. You JACKASS, the only plurality is THE HOLY TRINITY, THE TRINITY, like in Genesis where God says "we" and "us" that is signifying the HOLY TRINITY!!!!YOU UNIMAGINABLE MORON!!!!!!The other references to plurality are about the NON-EXISTENT PAGAN GODS WHICH PAGANS WORSHIP. Much like your dirty hole Aphrodite, who is as real as your intellect.....in other words....NOT!!!!!YOU ARE SO STUPID KAITLIN, YOU ARE JUST SO INCREDIBLY DAFT, YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO UNIMAGINABLY STUPID!!!!!!
And all the cherry-picking, out of context taking, truth bending, exaggerations, and FLAT OUT LIES will never, never, ever, ever, change the following immutable fact: THERE IS NO CONTRADICTION IN THE BIBLE!!!!!!!!!!NONE!!!!NONE!!! !!!!!NONE!!!!!SO CHOKE ON THAT FACT, CEASE TO EXIST, AND GET CONSIGNED TO HELL!!!!!!!!!YOU DESPICABLE RANCID ANIMAL!!!!!!!DIE WITCH!!!!!!DIE!!!!!!!!!!
Looks like you blew a fuse or two.

“love you”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#470055 Nov 18, 2014
lord ha ha wrote:
<quoted text>
No the ONLY STUPID ONE I SEE IS YOU!!!!! So hey LIAR are you dieinhg yet? Said you were dieing too and your on here talking smack!!!!!! I think I wa s right about you "IF" you were dieing "YOU" would be with your family not here talking like the ass you are!!! "OR" the second option "YOU" don't have anybody around that cares at all!!!! And this is your only people that have the SAME HATE you have about GODS word!!!!
Looks like you blew a fuse too.
foothillbilly

Mount Vernon, OH

#470056 Nov 19, 2014
Sid Hawkes wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite an interesting conversation here. As such, definitions must be mutually agreed upon. For example, when I see the word religion, I think of its meaning in the bible (which, by the way, is an acronym: basic instruction before leaving earth). However, I am not quite sure how you guys define it. I do think once the basic parameters (words) are defined and agreed upon, we are on the same page.
I have no idea where you got the notion that anything Biblical would be "mutually agreed upon" in this discussion. Let's try the dictionary.com definition:

a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
Sweet Potatoe

Hixson, TN

#470057 Nov 19, 2014
Be loo ow me!
Stan

Rancho Cordova, CA

#470059 Nov 19, 2014
Many will say this is stupid but really ask ur self if u think God is not real then has a miracle happens to u how did it think it can't be kuck God loves us Jesus died for us and I think that is what I fight for people can say I'm stupid or not be my friend but I will fight for my
Belief for how can something as simple as god is not real even come to ur mind u should think About that
Shivar

Rayong, Thailand

#470060 Nov 20, 2014
Viking wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, THERE IS NOTHING CONTRADICTORY IN THE BIBLE !!!!!
!!!NOTHING!!!!!NOTHING!!!!ABSO LUTELY NOTHING!!!!!It's only contradictory for lobotomized Monkeys who have the I.Q. of an Ox and take biblical scripture totally out of context. atheist chimps like YOU Kaitlin, who are just too grotesquely stupid to understand scripture. I will now supply you with an example, you walking talking mass of stagnant camel shit. THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD....JUST ONE. No where, No where, and I mean NO WHERE in the Bible is there a plurality of Gods....NO WHERE. You JACKASS, the only plurality is THE HOLY TRINITY, THE TRINITY, like in Genesis where God says "we" and "us" that is signifying the HOLY TRINITY!!!!YOU UNIMAGINABLE MORON!!!!!!The other references to plurality are about the NON-EXISTENT PAGAN GODS WHICH PAGANS WORSHIP. Much like your dirty hole Aphrodite, who is as real as your intellect.....in other words....NOT!!!!!YOU ARE SO STUPID KAITLIN, YOU ARE JUST SO INCREDIBLY DAFT, YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO UNIMAGINABLY STUPID!!!!!!
And all the cherry-picking, out of context taking, truth bending, exaggerations, and FLAT OUT LIES will never, never, ever, ever, change the following immutable fact: THERE IS NO CONTRADICTION IN THE BIBLE!!!!!!!!!!NONE!!!!NONE!!! !!!!!NONE!!!!!SO CHOKE ON THAT FACT, CEASE TO EXIST, AND GET CONSIGNED TO HELL!!!!!!!!!YOU DESPICABLE RANCID ANIMAL!!!!!!!DIE WITCH!!!!!!DIE!!!!!!!!!!
This is your brain on Christianity.

What a fcuked-up religion.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#470062 Nov 20, 2014
Stan wrote:
Many will say this is stupid but really ask ur self if u think God is not real then has a miracle happens to u how did it think it can't be kuck God loves us Jesus died for us and I think that is what I fight for people can say I'm stupid or not be my friend but I will fight for my
Belief for how can something as simple as god is not real even come to ur mind u should think About that
If this had been even remotely coherent, your opinion might have been a little more credible.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#470064 Nov 21, 2014
mike wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks
Who exactly gave you orders to talk about a GOD you can't see , nor hear from personally ?
GOD is whatever you make GOD to be !...don't panic , stop talking and do !
Stop telling people about things you wish you had , learn to deal with reality .
Don't waste time wandering , don't talk to strangers ,..stay focus and fix you .
When you actually find GOD , then you're able to present GOD to others .
Meanwhile , stop fooling around .
you're thinking and talking as if God didn't already come and reveal Himself in the Person of Jesus Christ, pour out His Holy Spirit on Pentecost over 2,000 years ago and as if we don't have access to His Words - the Holy Bible!

AGAIN - that's your choice, not mine!:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#470065 Nov 21, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair, I would need to study as many religions as I can before picking the one which I feel is best suited to me.
go for it! since these things have to do with our eternal life, you'd be a fool not to!:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#470066 Nov 21, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Waassy's god is a misogynist prick, just like him.
gee thanks, w_n/kait/rosa - it's always a pleasure!:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#470067 Nov 21, 2014
Sid Hawkes wrote:
<quoted text>
while i can appreciate your efforts towards peace and good will here, i have to disagree about what you're saying.

the reason is, the Bible teaches us that there are to kingdoms going on in the spirit realm simultaneously which affect our dealings with God and each other in this current physical realm; the kingdom of God and the kingdom of darkness. we can get a sense through our words of which kingdom we each belong:-)
mike

AOL

#470068 Nov 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're thinking and talking as if God didn't already come and reveal Himself in the Person of Jesus Christ, pour out His Holy Spirit on Pentecost over 2,000 years ago and as if we don't have access to His Words - the Holy Bible!
AGAIN - that's your choice, not mine!:-)
Whatever works for you buddy !

Good luck ,...you're gonna need it !
mike

AOL

#470069 Nov 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
while i can appreciate your efforts towards peace and good will here, i have to disagree about what you're saying.
the reason is, the Bible teaches us that there are to kingdoms going on in the spirit realm simultaneously which affect our dealings with God and each other in this current physical realm; the kingdom of God and the kingdom of darkness. we can get a sense through our words of which kingdom we each belong:-)
" The bible teaches us " ?........( how to pretend )

" The kingdom of GOD " ?,..sorry buddy !..you've been left behind .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Buck Crick 65,165
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min truth 654,713
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min MUQ2 281,987
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 30 min MUQ2 45,319
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 32 min MUQ2 523
Things poping up while i was sitting on my dads... (Jun '11) 34 min kanji23 71
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 47 min Gabriel 974,093
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 2 hr j4snowyfox69 47
More from around the web