Why I’m no longer a Christian
soul60

Dallas, TX

#470024 Nov 6, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry bub, but God owns ALL the other planets to!
there's a lil space reserved in the center of the earth tho, for the souls who hate Him:-)
Okay you have a point.But on this other planet I am talking about beyond earth. All this mainstream confusion would be against the law,banned.
The same mistakes made on this planet concerning religion would not be allowed to happen,simple as that.
Nobody or I am not saying it's no god.Who really knows anyway. Humans think they know but can they show real proof besides all this good sounding talk. A lot of people get all emotion and believe all that spookism stuff. Not me at all

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#470026 Nov 6, 2014
soul60 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay you have a point.But on this other planet I am talking about beyond earth. All this mainstream confusion would be against the law,banned.
The same mistakes made on this planet concerning religion would not be allowed to happen,simple as that.
Nobody or I am not saying it's no god.Who really knows anyway. Humans think they know but can they show real proof besides all this good sounding talk. A lot of people get all emotion and believe all that spookism stuff. Not me at all
thank you for being reasonable even tho i came-off a bit harsh!:-)

i love and live for the 'planet' that you describe. in fact our own planet was meant to be a garden paradise until we invited sin and deception into it through our rebellion.

may i suggest to you that God is on our side in wanting a restoration of Goodness in our lives and in our planet, and that He proved it by sending His only begotten Son for this very purpose?

may i also suggest that you and i CAN know the heart of God by reading the Gospels, which are the miraculously preserved Words of Christ Himself?

peace!
mike

AOL

#470027 Nov 6, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i love and live for the 'planet' that you describe. in fact our own planet was meant to be a garden paradise until we invited sin and deception into it through our rebellion.
may i suggest to you that God is on our side in wanting a restoration of Goodness in our lives and in our planet, and that He proved it by sending His only begotten Son for this very purpose?
may i also suggest that you and i CAN know the heart of God by reading the Gospels, which are the miraculously preserved Words of Christ Himself?
peace!
Do you read bible stories for yourself ?

Mankind was placed in the garden with evil , which already existed ...unless you mean , other men who didn't believe in the GOD concept were actually considered evil .

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#470028 Nov 6, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
here here! i LUV a heated debate, but more than that i love having peace with each other as much as possible:-)
You're fine with me!

:-)

Just because I can't agree with someone on certain points doesn't mean I lose respect for them,

Cambridge, UK

#470029 Nov 6, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
peace!
This is where I have a problem.

How did Satan get into the garden?

Who invited him in?

Since: Sep 14

Mount Morris, MI

#470030 Nov 6, 2014
Yes !!!! You have seen through the foul, disgusting set of lies the nonbelievers tell. Christ is dead, has been dead and is no more than dust. Mohammed is dead; had been dead and is no more than a pile of filthy dust. Moses is dead, has been dead and his god is a laughing, insane lunatic in a straightjacket. Only The Beast 666 is alive and will reward you in Hell with thousands apoun thousands of slaves who will serve you for eternity. The slaves will be Jews, Christians and Muslims and they will suffer for all eternity for there disbelief in the ONLY god that truly exists, THE BEAST 666 !!!!
To win The Beast 666's favor, burn down the house of blasphemy and foulness, a church. When you see the flames eat away at that blasphemous place then you will know The Beast 666 will win !!!

ps. I approve of ISIS. Let the blasphemers and unbelievers slay each other so WE can rule the Earth and Hell !!!

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#470031 Nov 6, 2014
mike wrote:
<quoted text> Do you read bible stories for yourself ?
Mankind was placed in the garden with evil , which already existed ...unless you mean , other men who didn't believe in the GOD concept were actually considered evil .
Christianity requires a rejection of a literal reading of the Eden myth in favor of an interpretation that has no bearing on the text so as to pretend that there is a reason for the existence of xianity. The Bible does not support "original sin". The only consequence of Adam & Eve eating the fruit was that mankind was required to work for a living. Humans were always destined to die, and the reason that they were kicked out of the Garden was to prevent them from eating the fruit of the tree of Eternal Life, s that they would not become Gods themselves.
mike

AOL

#470032 Nov 6, 2014
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity requires a rejection of a literal reading of the Eden myth in favor of an interpretation that has no bearing on the text so as to pretend that there is a reason for the existence of xianity. The Bible does not support "original sin". The only consequence of Adam & Eve eating the fruit was that mankind was required to work for a living. Humans were always destined to die, and the reason that they were kicked out of the Garden was to prevent them from eating the fruit of the tree of Eternal Life, s that they would not become Gods themselves.
Thanks for the reply

It's all make believe to me !

No tv , no internet ; all that's left is imagination !
Bill Scudder

Dayton, OH

#470033 Nov 7, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I'm not trying to be circular.
I was just trying to get a handle on why it's not disrespectful to call people fools.
The scriptures say, " The fool has said in his heart there is no God."

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#470034 Nov 7, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You're fine with me!
:-)
Just because I can't agree with someone on certain points doesn't mean I lose respect for them,
thank you for saying so and i whole-heartedly agree!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#470035 Nov 7, 2014
mike wrote:
<quoted text> Do you read bible stories for yourself ?
i'm not sure what you're saying here, mike, but you and are faced with the same critical and epic choice that adam and everyone since has been challenged with:

will we believe that God is good even tho we can't understand everything about everything at present, or will we side with His enemies and make us out to be 'good' and God the bad guy?!

i'm making my choice evident as i post favorably towards God and you're making your choice evident as well by putting yourself in the position of being God's judge and jury.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#470036 Nov 7, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
This is where I have a problem.
How did Satan get into the garden?
Who invited him in?
i have my ideas about your question, but why not choose the path of humility and ask and seek God for it yourself?

"EVERYONE who asks receives and EVERYONE who seeks finds...." - Jesus
mike

AOL

#470037 Nov 7, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not sure what you're saying here, mike, but you and are faced with the same critical and epic choice that adam and everyone since has been challenged with:
will we believe that God is good even tho we can't understand everything about everything at present, or will we side with His enemies and make us out to be 'good' and God the bad guy?!
i'm making my choice evident as i post favorably towards God and you're making your choice evident as well by putting yourself in the position of being God's judge and jury.
Thanks

Who exactly gave you orders to talk about a GOD you can't see , nor hear from personally ?

GOD is whatever you make GOD to be !...don't panic , stop talking and do !
Stop telling people about things you wish you had , learn to deal with reality .

Don't waste time wandering , don't talk to strangers ,..stay focus and fix you .
When you actually find GOD , then you're able to present GOD to others .

Meanwhile , stop fooling around .

Since: Sep 14

Mount Morris, MI

#470039 Nov 7, 2014
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSS ( snake sticking out his tounge)!!

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#470040 Nov 7, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
:o)
That was.....just.....bad.....and now look what you did........I can't unsee it!!
:o)
LOL!

That's the Chaser for you, those guys have absolutely no respect for anything. They do have some good comedy though.

This one is about interpreting the Bible literally:

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#470041 Nov 7, 2014
mike wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks
Who exactly gave you orders to talk about a GOD you can't see , nor hear from personally ?
GOD is whatever you make GOD to be !...don't panic , stop talking and do !
Stop telling people about things you wish you had , learn to deal with reality .
Don't waste time wandering , don't talk to strangers ,..stay focus and fix you .
When you actually find GOD , then you're able to present GOD to others .
Meanwhile , stop fooling around .
Waassy's god is a misogynist prick, just like him.

Cambridge, UK

#470042 Nov 8, 2014
Bill Scudder wrote:
<quoted text>
The scriptures say, " The fool has said in his heart there is no God."
What about the second sentence of your colonic squirt of scripture?

Why don't you quote that too?

You probably didn't even know it existed.

Cambridge, UK

#470043 Nov 8, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i have my ideas about your question, but why not choose the path of humility and ask and seek God for it yourself?
"EVERYONE who asks receives and EVERYONE who seeks finds...." - Jesus
To be fair, I would need to study as many religions as I can before picking the one which I feel is best suited to me.

Since: Jul 11

Rochester, NY

#470044 Nov 8, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite an interesting conversation here. As such, definitions must be mutually agreed upon. For example, when I see the word religion, I think of its meaning in the bible (which, by the way, is an acronym: basic instruction before leaving earth). However, I am not quite sure how you guys define it. I do think once the basic parameters (words) are defined and agreed upon, we are on the same page.

Since: Jul 08

Akron, OH

#470045 Nov 8, 2014
Sid Hawkes wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite an interesting conversation here. As such, definitions must be mutually agreed upon. For example, when I see the word religion, I think of its meaning in the bible (which, by the way, is an acronym: basic instruction before leaving earth). However, I am not quite sure how you guys define it. I do think once the basic parameters (words) are defined and agreed upon, we are on the same page.
You're on the same page with Can'tGetItUp?

That's not a good sign.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Dr Banonator 63,970
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min Gabriel 973,788
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 35 min RiccardoFire 45,237
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 39 min RiccardoFire 106,502
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 41 min onemale 281,866
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 49 min Steve III 653,989
I prefer women's satin panties over men's under... 54 min punkaman 26
More from around the web