“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469281 Aug 8, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Are both not true?
both are true becuase God will be God no matter how much we fail. but, the ultimate goal that God is after, is that we should cooperate with His Spirit in us to do His will on earth as it is in heaven. i.e., if we as His Body don't deliberatley seek to do His will, satan and antichrist peoples goals will prosper by default.

cmon gurl, you should know this basic stuff if you're going to name the Name of Christ!:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469282 Aug 8, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, goofy, I've never seen you demonstrate command any critical information -- even any related to your own religion.
hey goofy - the fact that i've gotten under your skin is proof enough for me that i'm communicating something right;-)

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#469283 Aug 8, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it frustrating personally. Pulling from the old when convenient, yet not held to the law's when it's not :(
Cherry picking their faith.

Nottingham, UK

#469284 Aug 8, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I found myself for my first two (if not more) year's on topix very intregued by the diversity between the Christian denominations alone. I grew up in an open and honest household, where individuality was nurtured. I attended the same Church my entire upbringing, so there was not much of a variation in the teachings other than when a new pastor was appointed. In my younger years I attended Church because the family went and it was fun, teenage years decided to only attend on holidays - not a big deal to the parents. I returned to Church as an adult for personal reasons, nothing dramatic....simply feelings. I am raising my children the same. I think that there is a big difference between being conditioned and belief. I do understand the comfort zone aspect, and continue to question as I believe should always be done. It's not that I question God, man's interpretation gives me pause ;)
Nicely put.

There's nothing wrong with asking questions and a bit of healthy scepticism never hurt anyone.

Nottingham, UK

#469285 Aug 8, 2014
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
your open book have only one page?
chapter 1 under Title"Failure"
you are poor RCC idiot,that is all,
and you proved it to me me
hate at first will consume you and after you your family, for sure not me so called by you sick brain"tough guy
poor sucker with half head of idol hanging from your colon
You forgot to fart.

Nottingham, UK

#469286 Aug 8, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if you believe this, then you're utterly foolish to be on God's bad side.....
Well, I don't believe it.

The sad thing is that you do.

Yet despite your beliefs it will always remain ju-ju.

Nottingham, UK

#469287 Aug 8, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the Bible clearly DOES NOT HAVE FEMALE DISCIPLES. it's definitely full of wonderful female believers and prophetesses who ministered to the Lord, apostles and disciples, but NEVER are they listed as 'Disciples':-)
btw - that roman apocrapha nonsense that you provided a link to - IS NOT THE BIBLE!
I'm beginning to think that your day isn't complete until you've threatened your kids with eternal pain and damnation.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469288 Aug 8, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don't believe it.
The sad thing is that you do.
Yet despite your beliefs it will always remain ju-ju.
good for me - bad for you cuz the battle has already been won!

i'd close the book right now if it were up to me, but you know Father God and Brother Jesus; i.e., there's always room in His House & Family for one more repentent soul......

i don't often understand the great merciful and generous heart of God, but i'm sure glad He included a wretch like me!:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469289 Aug 8, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm beginning to think that your day isn't complete until you've threatened your kids with eternal pain and damnation.
when fagnostic & gaytheists insinuate that i'm an orphan of God & threaten me with eternal extinction, i think it only fair to tell them the truth about themselves!:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469290 Aug 8, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
by the way dumb dumb, being saved is not contigent upon being a disciple so i didn't threaten anyone about anything, but nice try;-)

“Electronic graffiti”

Since: Jun 13

Camp Cove

#469291 Aug 8, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
when fagnostic & gaytheists insinuate that i'm an orphan of God & threaten me with eternal extinction, i think it only fair to tell them the truth about themselves!:-)
What religion were u again? Pooficostal.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#469292 Aug 8, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the Bible clearly DOES NOT HAVE FEMALE DISCIPLES. it's definitely full of wonderful female believers and prophetesses who ministered to the Lord, apostles and disciples, but NEVER are they listed as 'Disciples':-)
btw - that roman apocrapha nonsense that you provided a link to - IS NOT THE BIBLE!
Could you do me a favor? Could you look up the definition of disciple for me? I think that you are using a different word than you are intending to. If not, then I really don't know what to say to you.

Ann Arbor, MI

#469293 Aug 8, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i can see from liam's posts that his beliefs are antichrist and antagonistic to the Gospel and to me.
can you please stand with me as a fellow believer? i would think that even though i'm not perfect, you'd still be more on my side than the devils:-)
I don't understand what you are asking of me. I am not on sides, just trying to share my own thoughts. Communicating with you is at times difficult.

Ann Arbor, MI

#469294 Aug 8, 2014
In the Gospel of Matthew (5:22), Jesus talks about calling someone raca. Now, raca is an ancient Aramaic word meaning "fool." And, as I mentioned, given that the Aramaic has been preserved is most likely that we are hearing the precise word that Jesus used with his disciples.

This almost throwaway line usually gets short shrift in many Christian circles. And it's true that this same chapter in Matthew's Gospel raises issues that are seemingly more important. Jesus talks about himself as the fulfillment of the Law, for example. That's pretty important. He talks about adultery. He talks about divorce. He talks about lying. All these things are significant statements. But almost in the same breath, he talks about speaking kindly to one another, not slandering one another, not calling one another's names, and does so quite in the strongest terms.

Why do we overlook this? Probably because we do it so often.

"Whoever says to his brother raca will be answerable to the Sanhedrin [the Jewish court]," Jesus says, "and whoever says 'you fool' will be liable to fiery Gehenna."

That's strong stuff. If you engage in name-calling, you'll go to hell. Pretty surprising, given what Christians usually focus on. When's the last time you heard a Christian in public life speak in such strong terms about name-calling?

Lately, I've been thinking that 50 percent of the Christian message can be boiled down to two words: "Be kind." Jesus is reminding us to watch our tongues, to refrain from calling people names, to refrain from putting others down, to refrain from gossiping. To be charitable in our speech. Of course being Christian is a lot more than simply being kind; but without kindness we're not Christian.

It's especially important to hear Jesus's words in our digital age, when snarky blogs, terrible texting, snotty Facebook posts and mean-spirited Tweets zip around the Web and cause serious harm. And it's essential to hear in our 24/7-radio-shockjock-TV-talksh ow-endless-gabfest age, when the easiest way to get people to tune into your show is to call someone else a jerk, or worse. "Fool," raca, is probably the mildest of imprecations that you've heard lately.

That goes for Christians speaking about other Christians, believers speaking about other believers, and anyone else with whom we disagree on religious matters. Take a look at any opinionated religious blog, on the right and the left, and you'll see all manner of terrible name-calling -- again, much worse than raca.

We ignore the invitation to practice personal charity, to treat one another with respect, to give people the benefit of the doubt, to avoid name-calling, to curb our tongues and to simply be kind, at our peril. And this is not simply feel-good religion. It's not simply wishy-washy niceness. It's not an excuse to avoid tough conversations. It is at the heart of the Christian life.

Speaking charitably about others is a simple thing, but hard to do. Trust me, I've engaged in this kind of trash talk myself from time to time. I gossip. I may even call people names, like "fool," behind their backs. It's a terrible thing to do.

How do we know this? Jesus tells us in no uncertain terms. So don't overlook this overlooked passage, which contains a word that we can be almost certain comes to us directly from the lips of Jesus.

Listen to his words and allow them to change yours.

Taken from a website but my tablet is giving me issues so I have to give a link next post.

Ann Arbor, MI

#469295 Aug 8, 2014
Chess

Columbus, OH

#469296 Aug 8, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hey goofy - the fact that i've gotten under your skin is proof enough for me that i'm communicating something right;-)
You're not under my skin, goofy.

You're a perfect foil -- not too bright, a contradiction of behavior and belief, and someone who possesses little knowledge of his own religion.

Sorry to disabuse you.

Band-Aid for your wound?

Nottingham, UK

#469297 Aug 8, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
i'm sure glad He included a wretch like me!:-)
That's the trouble with Christianity

According to your beliefs, humanity is flawed, wretched and unworthy, and lucky as hell to be tolerated by your god.

Why is it that your god always hates his own creation so much?

Nottingham, UK

#469298 Aug 8, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we all know that your truths involve a talking snake and donkey.

Nottingham, UK

#469299 Aug 8, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
one more repentent soul......
Repentant?

You mean repentant like your god has been?

Nottingham, UK

#469300 Aug 8, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
by the way dumb dumb, being saved is not contigent upon being a disciple so i didn't threaten anyone about anything, but nice try;-)
Saved?

Saved from what?

Saved from poverty?

Saved from tyranny?

Or saved from the wrath of one of many gods that you have picked to grovel before?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Darwins Stepchild 831,103
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Michael 586,192
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 min Student 40,244
Looking for Female Yorkie to mate with my male ... (Mar '13) 16 min Somia 99
SEO for startups in under 10 minutes 19 min SunlightMedia 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 33 min Emishad 5,850
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 44 min Paul Porter1 99,344
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 hr The swamiji 6,442
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr Porkpie Hat 270,841
More from around the web