Why I’m no longer a Christian
duststorm

League City, TX

#469888 Oct 23, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>

And by the way he was speaking of heaven, not earth. In his vision, he was visiting heaven.
Yes.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#469889 Oct 23, 2014
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>There is not one sparrow which has fallen to the earth that God does not know about.
What is man that God should be mindful of him? One day the books will be opened, and all whose names are not found written in the Lamb's Book of Life will be thrown over the edge of the abyss.
Going by what men say is not going to bring you to any truths you think exist.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#469890 Oct 23, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you take other peoples nightmares seriously? That is all that Revelations is. He had a nightmare and wrote it down. That is so much really real proof. Maybe I should tell you about my nightmares. Would have just as much credibility as Revelations. And by the way he was speaking of heaven, not earth. In his vision, he was visiting heaven.
You know, I sometimes wonder if there were a few magic mushrooms on the Isle of Patmos.
:-)

Albuquerque, NM

#469891 Oct 23, 2014
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>There is not one sparrow which has fallen to the earth that God does not know about.
What is man that God should be mindful of him? One day the books will be opened, and all whose names are not found written in the Lamb's Book of Life will be thrown over the edge of the abyss.
You shouldn't claim you know what "God" does or doesn't do, because it is a blatant lie when you do.

Shame on you.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#469892 Oct 23, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
no - i don't realize that cuz it's not true. there is in fact a Jesus and He lives within His Body which is the Church of Christ on earth. therefore,'if you don't receive me you're also not receiving Christ, Who is the only Person able to save you from your sin'- quoting Jesus again only paraphrased through me, His ambassador:-)
Of course you don't realize it; you're deluded. After all, you're pretending rejection of you is a rejection of a messiah.

And you are quoting a text from an anonymous author, not Jesus.

You haven't been taking your meds, have you?
sweetbaby

United States

#469893 Oct 23, 2014
Remember this: GOD IS!!!
mike

AOL

#469894 Oct 23, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i kinda like you mike!
if you're ever sick and tired of being sick and tired, let me know and i can lead you into getting born again!:-)
Thank

With the right " drugs " I"ll believe anything , no way am I going on a trip without them !

I've been a believer , it's hard work and unfulfilling , made me angry as heck waiting on GOD .

Human parents don't make you beg , unless their " nuts " .
mike

AOL

#469895 Oct 23, 2014
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text> The light which illumined the dark world was a broad, diffused light.
Then God decided to place the sun, moon, and stars for the purpose of defining days, weeks, years, seasons, tides. We are somehow created to be aware of the passage of time, and to track
time in hours, months, using sundials, pyramids, astrolabe, now the world clock.
The Bible answer to your question is that Jesus is the light of the world. Those of us who have taken him as Savior have had our souls illumined with the light. We walk in the light, as he is in the light.
Thanks for trying !

“The Bible is no science book”

Location hidden

#469896 Oct 24, 2014
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text> The light which illumined the dark world was a broad, diffused light.
Then God decided to place the sun, moon, and stars for the purpose of defining days, weeks, years, seasons, tides. We are somehow created to be aware of the passage of time, and to track
time in hours, months, using sundials, pyramids, astrolabe, now the world clock.
The Bible answer to your question is that Jesus is the light of the world. Those of us who have taken him as Savior have had our souls illumined with the light. We walk in the light, as he is in the light.
Thanks again for trying, but in your description you have the earth waaaay before the sun, moon and stars. How would that happen? How could you have the earth hanging out before the universe? Before the sun was even lit?

I actually don't care how you worship your god, but there are things that cannot be changed. You have the universe and ten billion years later, our sun was created out of collapsed gases, and out of that process was the planets formed. You cant have the earth just hanging out in space waiting for the universe to be formed and without a sun. It is impossible, no matter what sheep herders thought.

The bible is not a science book.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#469897 Oct 24, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you don't realize it; you're deluded. After all, you're pretending rejection of you is a rejection of a messiah.
And you are quoting a text from an anonymous author, not Jesus.
You haven't been taking your meds, have you?
you don't like Jesus? no Redemption for you!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469898 Oct 24, 2014
mike wrote:
<quoted text> Thank
With the right " drugs " I"ll believe anything , no way am I going on a trip without them !
I've been a believer , it's hard work and unfulfilling , made me angry as heck waiting on GOD .
Human parents don't make you beg , unless their " nuts " .
you have it all wrong, Mike! i've been down the road of contemporary 'christian' thought myself and i agree with you that much of it is futile.

faith in God's goodness is EVERYTHING and the average Christian doesn't understand this so we're begging God for the things he's already provided for in Christ!

few obtain to what Jesus intends for all who believe/receive when He said "I have come that they may have life and THAT more abundant!"

btw - it's very easy to walk in God's grace, but it's impossible to have peace in this world without Him:-)
duststorm

League City, TX

#469899 Oct 24, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You have overthought the subject. Yes, we have all been duped. One should be skeptical; however, there comes a time when the person has to grab onto the truth, to stand on bedrock and declare, "I stand on this truth as the bedrock, irrefutable truth."
If you never do that, you will be double-minded, and a double-minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Albuquerque, NM

#469900 Oct 24, 2014

duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
You have overthought the subject. Yes, we have all been duped. One should be skeptical; however, there comes a time when the person has to grab onto the truth, to stand on bedrock and declare, "I stand on this truth as the bedrock, irrefutable truth."
If you never do that, you will be double-minded, and a double-minded man is unstable in all his ways.
Like I said - you are too ignorant to even know what you are trying to express.

Typical "Christian".
duststorm

League City, TX

#469901 Oct 24, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks again for trying, but in your description you have the earth waaaay before the sun, moon and stars. How would that happen? How could you have the earth hanging out before the universe? Before the sun was even lit?
I actually don't care how you worship your god, but there are things that cannot be changed. You have the universe and ten billion years later, our sun was created out of collapsed gases, and out of that process was the planets formed. You cant have the earth just hanging out in space waiting for the universe to be formed and without a sun. It is impossible, no matter what sheep herders thought.
The bible is not a science book.
"Thanks for trying". I guess you see me as trying to convince you by arguments, and you perceive those arguments to be flawed.

I have never tried to prove the Bible to anyone on the thread. For that, there are great books and treatises which show a concordance of Bible concepts and science, anthropological discoveries, creation theories, history, weather, human experience, mental and physical health, etc.
I have heard of people coming to a belief in Christ after they have seen that proof.
Personally, I think a doubter is going to doubt.

duststorm

League City, TX

#469902 Oct 24, 2014
<quoted text>
You shouldn't claim you know what "God" does or doesn't do, because it is a blatant lie when you do.
Shame on you.
I wonder sometimes if you have a Catholic background, because when we born-agains state a Bible truth, it sounds like an arrogant, baseless, blatant lie to you. Catholics are not used to hearing someone proclaim that they are going to heaven. It sounds prideful. In fact, we are just so grateful that the Lord has saved us. We want others to have salvation also.

Albuquerque, NM

#469903 Oct 24, 2014
<quoted text>
Shame on you.
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder sometimes if you have a Catholic background, because when we born-agains state a Bible truth, it sounds like an arrogant, baseless, blatant lie to you. Catholics are not used to hearing someone proclaim that they are going to heaven. It sounds prideful. In fact, we are just so grateful that the Lord has saved us. We want others to have salvation also.
No need to wonder....I do have knowledge of Catholicism, as well as, multiple other religions.

What you state is incomplete, untruthful, and like I said, blatantly lie about knowing "God".

You don't, but only project an imagination of such entity.

What makes you so special that "God" looks upon you and then states all "He" knows to you, and only you? Being honest would dictate that you should answer with, "You are right, I've never met 'God', but use what other people have told me about 'Him', thus I hope that I will be able to view 'Him' one day, through things other men have told me to believe."

That is honesty.....something you refuse to have expressed.

Honesty also dictates that with you lying, you now have broken a commandment directly by bearing false witness against others.

Honesty is just one of many teachings Jesus taught that appears to not be a fundamentaly belief for fundamentals.
mike

AOL

#469904 Oct 25, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you have it all wrong, Mike! i've been down the road of contemporary 'christian' thought myself and i agree with you that much of it is futile.
faith in God's goodness is EVERYTHING and the average Christian doesn't understand this so we're begging God for the things he's already provided for in Christ!
few obtain to what Jesus intends for all who believe/receive when He said "I have come that they may have life and THAT more abundant!"
btw - it's very easy to walk in God's grace, but it's impossible to have peace in this world without Him:-)
Okay buddy
Now go get what your GOD has givin to you and give it to me !
Be careful what you read , it's mostly entertainment !

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#469905 Oct 27, 2014
mike wrote:
<quoted text> Okay buddy
Now go get what your GOD has givin to you and give it to me !
Be careful what you read , it's mostly entertainment !
this is exactly what i'm trying to do!

i have Eternal Life and the associated peace & confidence and i'm here trying to give it away!

"freely you have received; freely give" - Jesus

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#469906 Oct 27, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i have Eternal Life and the associated peace & confidence and i'm here trying to give it away!
I am reminded of the tale of a young man who desired to marry the daughter of a rich and powerful man. The father told the young man that he could marry his daughter only if he brought her the Moon as a present. The young man went away, sad and dejected, until inspiration hit. He returned that night with water cupped in his hands, showing the reflection of the Moon

He brought not the Moon itself, but only a pale reflection of Moonlight, which is itself only a pale reflection of the light of the Sun. And that is all you offer us...
mike

AOL

#469907 Oct 27, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
When all else fails , try an illusion !

Living is hard , ain't it ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min Buck Crick 110,291
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 40 min Po Pierdole ni 46,197
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 48 min Gabriel 982,080
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 58 min Gods r Delusion x... 675,619
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Ronald 28
Hank Williams, Jr. is a retard (Oct '11) 3 hr handsomebrady 26
My NEW SPECULATION about the mystery vehicle an... 6 hr Doctor REALITY 16
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,753
More from around the web